bhrigukul Posted March 20, 2011 Report Posted March 20, 2011 My first pranaam to all members on this forum. In 2001, I was interested in knowing what duties are prescribed to each varna, and I took my search to the Bhandarkar Oriental Institute, Pune. Due to my shortcomings and diverse commitments in the intervening years, I have lost the knowledge gained. I do remember reading that the Yadnyavalka Smriti was considered by many to be a more authoritative source on Hindu religious laws than the Manu Smriti. I would like to submit to the members here if they recognise the following transliteration, and if they do, to please explain the meaning and direct me to the source: Bramha jinvatmut jinvantam, dhiyohitam rakshansi seghatamameeva If I recollect clearly, this above verse sets out the duties of the Brahman varna. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.