IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
MrDeath

Astrology Software UI specifications help needed.

Rate this topic

Hi there.

I am a software professional with a lots of interest in vedic, astrology.

I dont know much about astrology myself, but i have worked with a well known

jyotish software company, and been involved in active programming of that software.

I have used many jyotish softwares but, i find that their User Interface is very poorly designed.

For example, JHora, Maitreya etc are very good calculative programs but their UI not at all

good. Personally I really like the "Worksheets" parashara's light, or Kala, but as both are paid

sharewares, i want to develop a freeware with usable UI like the above.

I have taken "Maitreya's" Source code as the base calculative engine, and i will implement a

nice UI on top of it.

Some work has already done:-

1. I have removed all the UI code of Maitreya.

2. Include an Atlas of more than 60Lac cities of world. (Accurate Data from National-Geo-Inell.-Agency USA)

3. Integrated the cross platform Qt framework for UI on top of maaitreya engine.

4. Coded some of the gfx like North indian charts.

5. Will include Google maps widget to accurately find lat/log of your birth ( hospital:) ).

I would be using a cross platform framework Qt for it , so the same software can

be easily ported to mobile phones, netbooks, and different operating systems like windows, mac, linux ( later Android, and iphone if possible).

What i need from you guys is suggest me the UI which you would like to be in your software,

You can give me hints of what you like/dislike in the current software you are using.

As you may know that Maitreya is using Swiss ephemeris as their astronomy engine, so my work is greatly reduced as i dont have to digg into the details of astrology calculations, i only need to focus on extra features like Google maps and most importantly the UI.

Thanks!

First of all the UI should ask for date range for any querry by the user.

Yogas are to be indicated with strength of planets,nature and aspects etc with effective dates.

Dasa,antar dasa have to indicate the malefic,benefic nature and planet - house indicators,their house relationships etc with Shani-Sadesath or 8th Shani etc.

mr Death. ail

let me just in form u that their are 3 main varities of astrology. ey, even have sub variation in them.

tact

i have used maitreya found too much of calculations and difficulty lies in UI exist as u have mentioned. wel you can get in touch by mail for y contact number.

Hi there.

I am a software professional with a lots of interest in vedic, astrology.

I dont know much about astrology myself, but i have worked with a well known

jyotish software company, and been involved in active programming of that software.

I have used many jyotish softwares but, i find that their User Interface is very poorly designed.

For example, JHora, Maitreya etc are very good calculative programs but their UI not at all

good. Personally I really like the "Worksheets" parashara's light, or Kala, but as both are paid

sharewares, i want to develop a freeware with usable UI like the above.

I have taken "Maitreya's" Source code as the base calculative engine, and i will implement a

nice UI on top of it.

Some work has already done:-

1. I have removed all the UI code of Maitreya.

2. Include an Atlas of more than 60Lac cities of world. (Accurate Data from National-Geo-Inell.-Agency USA)

3. Integrated the cross platform Qt framework for UI on top of maaitreya engine.

4. Coded some of the gfx like North indian charts.

5. Will include Google maps widget to accurately find lat/log of your birth ( hospital:) ).

I would be using a cross platform framework Qt for it , so the same software can

be easily ported to mobile phones, netbooks, and different operating systems like windows, mac, linux ( later Android, and iphone if possible).

What i need from you guys is suggest me the UI which you would like to be in your software,

You can give me hints of what you like/dislike in the current software you are using.

As you may know that Maitreya is using Swiss ephemeris as their astronomy engine, so my work is greatly reduced as i dont have to digg into the details of astrology calculations, i only need to focus on extra features like Google maps and most importantly the UI.

Thanks!

Most astrology websites lacks user friendliness. Its very difficult to for a normal user to get the full advantage of the software. Some astrology software’s gives general prediction. User will not feel personnel.