IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Deepak Kumar Vasudevan

Doubts on Pitru Shapam Effects

Rate this topic

Team,

I have the following questions on Pitrus..

I have the following questions to you. I have requested for membership in vaideekam group but is still pending administrative commitee approval and hence asking you through this email message.

1) Can I perform the various tharpanam and related activities for my maternal grandfather? He had two sons actually and due to internal family conflicts they are neglecting his tharpanam which I percieve like a strong moral violation.

2) Can I perform the various tharpanam and related activities for my paternal grandfather? My dad converted himself to a different religion and because of this got stopped about ten years ago.

3) How many levels would pitru shapam traverse?

4) What are the ways in which pitru shapam can be eliminated or done prayschittam to?

5) How do you exactly define pitru shapam?

6) Because of these my sister's wedding is getting challenged. Can you guide me on these situtations please?

Dear Vasudevan,

Your thought towards performing Sradha to your ancestors is highly appreciable.The reply to your doubts are

1.Yes.You are eligible to do as a grandson.

2.Yes.You are eligible to do as a grandson.

3.3 levels/ 3 generations.

4.The remedy is do Gaya Sradha to the manes(departed souls),bhojan and dan to brahmins and then do Kanyadan (marriage to your sister).

5.Generally it effects the death of male children in the family lineage.Many astrological combinations are cited in Vedic Astrology.

USR

Sir,

I have a few questions to ask.

* My grandmother(dad's mother) had almost 10 natural abortions in her lifetime.

* My dad's elder sister lived for just 8 years and died due to jaundice.

* My dad's paternal uncle's wife died in a fire accident in train. Where the body was not handed over, because it was charred beyond recognition.

* My dad's paternal uncle's 2 sons died unnatural deaths in their 20s.

* My mom delivered a girl child (first child) which lived for just 6 hours and died due to asphyxiation.

For all the above except my dad's elder sister(not sure), no shradha was performed till date.

I think, we(me, my mom and sister) have lots of trouble(financial, delay in marriage for my sister, business loss for me) in life because of this.

My question is,

* Can I perform Shradha for all these departed souls in my family tree? My father passed away few years back and I am doing tharpan every year for him.

* Is aborted foetus (even in late stages) considered as a soul?

* How can one do Shradha for unknown/unnamed souls in the family tree?

* If Shradha or any other similar puja done and I am unaware of that, will doing it again make it wrong? Will that be treated as duplicating it?

* I had a dream few days back where all these souls(partially) cry and want my attention. This dream occured at around 4.30 - 5.00 clock in the morning. Does this have any significance?

* All the astrologers I have met so far have not said anything about pitru dosh in my horoscope. How to clarify this?

Kindly help me out please.

thanks.

AM