IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kiranasa

How to get Lord Caitanya’s mercy!

Rate this topic

We can get Lord Caitanya’s mercy by following His instructions:

The Lord placed a flower garland around each devotee's neck. Then the Lord ordered: Sing Krsna. Talk of Krsna. Worship Krsna. Sing Krsna's name. Think only of Lord Krsna. Think of no one else. If you love Me, then please sing only of Lord Krsna. Sing of no one else. Whether asleep, awake, or eating your meals, think only of Lord Krsna day and night. With your mouths speak only of Him. (Caitanya bhagavata Madhya-khanda Chapter 28 Text 25-28)

Smiling, the Lord blessed everyone, Always remember Lord Krsna. Chant Krsna! Worship Krsna. Hear Krsna's name. Make Lord Krsna your whole life, your wealth, your very breath. (Caitanya bhagavata Antya-khanda Chapter 3 Text 331-332)

In every respect please follow the order I will now give to You. Go to every home with this request, 'Please chant Krsna's name, worship Krsna, and teach others about Krsna. Don't tell them anything else. Make them chant. (CB Madhya 12)

Lord Gauranga said: Mother, if you had offered your affection to Krishna instead of Me, you would have received so much benefit. Please give up your affection for Me and serve the lotus feet of Krishna. (Caitanya-Mangala).

One day all the devotees, headed by Srivasa Thakura, were chanting the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Not liking the chanting of His transcendental qualities, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chastised them in an angry mood: What kind of chanting is this? He asked, Are you leaving aside the chanting of the holy name of the Lord? Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chastised all the devotees, telling them not to show impudence and spoil the entire world by becoming independent. (CC Madhya 1-269-271)

After everything was thoroughly washed, a Vaishnava from Bengal, who was very intelligent and simple, came and poured water on the lotus feet of the Lord. The Gaudiya Vaishnava then took that water and drank it himself. Seeing that, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu felt unhappy and was also angry. Although the Lord was certainly satisfied with him, He became very angry externally in order to establish the etiquette of religious principles. The Lord then called for Svarupa Damodara and told him, Just see the behavior of your Bengali Vaishnava. This person from Bengal has washed My feet within the temple of the Personality of Godhead. Not only that, but he has drunk the water himself. I now do not know what My destination is because of this offense. Indeed, your Bengali Vaishnava has greatly implicated Me. At this point Svarupa Damodara Gosvami caught the Gaudiya Vaishnava by the neck and, giving him a little push, ejected him from the Gundica Puri temple and made him stay outside. (CC Madhya 12-122-128)

When Rupa Gosvami thus recited his verse, Caitanya Mahaprabhu disapproved of it because it described His personal glories. He expressed the opinion that it was an exaggerated explanation. (CC Antya 1-131)

Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was inwardly greatly pleased when He heard this verse, externally He spoke as if angry. Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali. (CC Antya 1-178-181)

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya, what are you saying? Lord Vishnu, save Me! Such glorification is simply another form of blasphemy. (CC Madhya 10-182)

Your wanting to go with Me is simply a desire for sense gratification. In this way, you are breaking two religious principles, and because of this I am very unhappy. If you want My happiness, please return to Nilacala. You will simply condemn Me if you say any more about this matter. (CC Madhya 16-140-141)

Hi kiranasa,

I agree, the real way to get Lord Caitanya's mercy is by following his instructions. Thankfully He has given us complete instructions so that at whatever stage of consciousness we are at, we can become elevated to the highest platform of pure love of God, where we will have never-ending, ever-fresh experiences of ecstatic transcendental love.

Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu is the culmination of Śrīla Rūpa Gosvāmī's life's work assimilating Lord Caitanya’s instructions, systematically presenting them in writing, working with the other Gosvāmīs of Vṛndāvana and associates of Lord Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu to bring His ecstatic Kṛṣṇa-bhakti movement to the world.

Unfortunately, many devotees get stuck at the platform of Vaidhi bhakti, because existing religious organizations promoting bhakti do not present nor implement the complete path of bhakti, but Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu gives complete instruction for attaining the higher stages. It is available in English for free (I posted a link in the recommended website forums and there is also a link in my profile).

Please feel free to ask any questions, and let me know what you think,

Mukuteśvara dāsa