Guest guest

Hakim Sanai - The way to You

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here's your Daily Poem from the Poetry Chaikhana --

The way to You

By Hakim Sanai(1044? - 1150?)

English version by Priya Hemenway

The way to Youlies clearly in my heartand cannot be seen or known to the mind.As my words turn to silence,Your sweetness surrounds me.

-- from The Book of Everything: Journey of the Heart's Desire, by Hakim Sanai Al-Ghaznavi / Translated by Priya Hemenway

Amazon.com / Photo by Lel4nd /

============

Thought for the Day:

Remember, you aresupremely completein every circumstance.

============

Here's your Daily Music selection --

Karunesh

Call of the Mystic

Listen - Purchase

More Music Selections

Hi Alan -I'm back! I'm still recovering from my injury, but I'm mostly mobile now and I can take all but the deepest breaths without much pain. And you know the old joke about how it only hurts when I laugh? Well, if I'm very careful, I can let out a little chuckle... :-)I can't tell you all how much all of your get well wishes meant to me. I received so many emails and notes that I couldn't respond to them all individually, but I read every one and was deeply moved. Some of you sent me poems. Others told me of your own injuries and recovery. A few suggested I switch to the gentler arts of yoga or tai chi, some even questioning how I can reconcile the martial arts with the spiritual path (one person's quip: "less martial, more arty"). ... Material for a future blog post, perhaps.I'm glad to be back with all of you, sharing another poem...Have a beautiful full moon

day!Ivan

Share Your Thoughts on today's poem or my commentary...

Support the Poetry Chaikhana

Donations to the Poetry Chaikhana in any amount are always welcome. Thank you!

Click here

You can also support the Poetry Chaikhana, as well as the authors and publishers of sacred poetry, by purchasing some of the recommended books through the links on this site. Thank you!

Click here

A small amount each month makes a big difference. Become a voluntary Subscriber for just $2/mo.

Click here

Help the Poetry Chaikhana reach more people. Become a Supporter for just $10/mo.

Poetry Chaikhana HomeNew | Books | Music | Teahouse | About | ContactPoets by: Name| Tradition | Timeline Poetry by: Theme | CommentaryBlog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter

www.Poetry-Chaikhana.com

Poetry ChaikhanaP.O. Box 2320Boulder, CO 80306

Ivan M. Granger's original poetry, stories and commentaries are 2002 - 2010 by Ivan M. Granger.All other material is copyrighted by the respective authors, translators and/or publishers.

============

Plain Text: If you have any difficulty reading this HTML formatted email, please let me know and I can send you plain text emails instead.

Friday Only: If you want to receive only one poem email each week, reply to this email and change the Subject to "Friday Only".

Canceling: If you wish to stop receiving this Daily Poem email from the Poetry Chaikhana, simply reply to this email and change the Subject to "Cancel".