IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

it is necessary to experience Reality now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Teachings of BhagavanSri Ramana Maharshiin His Own WordsCHAPTER ONEDEATH AND RE-BIRTHAnd finally, about the importance of death. Religions stressthe importance of the frame of mind in which a person diesand his last thoughts at death. But Bhagavan reminded peoplethat it is necessary to be well prepared beforehand; if not,undesirable tendencies will rise up at death, too powerful tobe controlled.Devotee: Even if I cannot realise in my lifetime, let me at leastnot forget on my death-bed. Let me have a glimpse of Realityat least at the moment of death, so that it may stand me in goodstead in the future.Bhagavan: It is said in the Bhagavad Gita, Chapter VIII, thatwhatever is a person's last thought at death determines his nextbirth. But it is necessary to experience Reality now, in this life,in order to experience it at death. Consider whether this presentmoment is any different from the last one at death and try tobe in the desired state.11 T., 62l.