IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

From Sri Sarada Devi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Spiritual Teachings of the Masters from the East and West published a new entry entitled "SRI SARADA DEVI ON "CONTROL OF THE MIND"" on 3/6/2010 3:27:50 PM, written by Swami Sadasivananda.

SRI SARADA DEVI ON "CONTROL OF THE MIND"

HOLY MOTHER - SRI SARADA DEVI"Everything depends on one's mind. Nothing can be achieved without purity of mind. It is said, 'The aspirant may have received the grace of the Guru, the Lord, and the Vaishnava; but he comes to grief without the grace of "one.'" That 'one' is the mind. The mind of the aspirant should be gracious to him.My child, this mind is just like a wild elephant. It races with the wind. Therefore one should discriminate all the time. One should work hard for the realization of God." Disciple: "I cannot concentrate my mind well during meditation. My mind is fickle and unsteady." Mother: "Don't worry!

Restlessness is the nature of the mind, as it is of the eyes and ears. Practice regularly. The Name of God is more powerful than the senses. Always think of the Master, who is looking after you. Don't be troubled about your lapses.Whenever the mind goes after anything other than God, consider that as transient and surrender the mind at the sacred feet of the Lord.The mind naturally tends towards evil deeds. It is lethargic in doing good works. Formerly I used to get up at 3 a.m. and sit up for meditation. One day I felt disinclined to do so on account of physical indisposition. That one day's irregularity resulted in the upsetting of my routine for a number of days. That is why I say that perseverance and tenacity are necessary for success in all good work."

Permalink: blog.spiritual-teaching.com/2010/03/06/sri-sarada-devi-on-control-of-the-mind.aspx

Comment on this entry.

Subscribe to future comments on this entry.

Un from this blog

This is an automated message.

-- Spiritual Teachings of the Masters from the East and West web site: http://www.spiritual-teaching.com