IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Alan Davies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was annoyed at AlanDavies (QI and Jonathon Creek). He always says he is veggie, and yet on a cookery programme today he ate some fish :-(

Jo

Guest guest

I thought vegies eat fish? he didnt say he was vegan did he?

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 9:39:39 PM Alan Davies

I was annoyed at AlanDavies (QI and Jonathon Creek). He always says he is veggie, and yet on a cookery programme today he ate some fish :-(

Jo

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Even You, Peter? :( <sigh>--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: Alan Davies Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 4:51 PM

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 9:39:39 PM Alan Davies

Jo

Guest guest

What?

Vegetarianism is a broad and sometimes vague term. Most consume dairy, some consume fish and give themselves strange terms like pescatarian, lacto -ovotarians etc?

Vegans abstain from all animal products so no room for manouvre or confusion or vagueness is there?

So whats with the Even You crap?

If I appear thick, its because I am, If you want to call me names do so, I can take it , just be straight eh? Have I offended you in some way?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 10:47:47 PMRe: Alan Davies

Even You, Peter? :( <sigh>--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: Alan Davies@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 4:51 PM

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 9:39:39 PM Alan Davies

Jo

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Hi Peter!Hey, cool down, please!No harm meant, no offense meant, nor taken..Yes, sure, I hear that all the time: "I am vegetarian and also eat fish""I am vegetarian and also eat chicken"One thing is calling themselves veg, one entirely different is being.Aparently some people really do grow them on trees or in their backyard garden.Ok, let me put it simply and the way I see it and which seems rather logical to me:Vegetarianism implies no meat, no fish. No life is taken.Vegans are able to take it even further, no animal is even explored or mistreated.Now, did I say something wrong?Sorry, Peter. Probably I was out of line with my comment.But maybe it came out because I'm so fed up with some non-veg trying to enter with me into pointless nonsense arguments. Your comment, which came as a huge surprise to me,

kind of touched a nevralgic spot, so I fired instantly.I would like to apologize for that.Vegetarianism, Veganism is something I am passionate about, sometimes too passionate, I guess.Once again, please accept my apologies.Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: Alan Davies Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 5:59 PM

What?

Vegetarianism is a broad and sometimes vague term. Most consume dairy, some consume fish and give themselves strange terms like pescatarian, lacto -ovotarians etc?

Vegans abstain from all animal products so no room for manouvre or confusion or vagueness is there?

If I appear thick, its because I am, If you want to call me names do so, I can take it , just be straight eh? Have I offended you in some way?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 10:47:47 PMRe: Alan Davies

Even You, Peter? :( <sigh>--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: Alan Davies@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 4:51 PM

Peter vv

Jo

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Hey no problem, I`m a big boy ( not that I`m braggin!), I can take it. A lot of vegetarians do consume fish and think nothing of it,which baffles me, which is probably the way Alan Davies thinks..

We good now?

I`ll let you stroke my sheep?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 11:27:20 PMRe: Alan Davies

Hi Peter!Hey, cool down, please!No harm meant, no offense meant, nor taken..Yes, sure, I hear that all the time: "I am vegetarian and also eat fish""I am vegetarian and also eat chicken"One thing is calling themselves veg, one entirely different is being.Aparently some people really do grow them on trees or in their backyard garden.Ok, let me put it simply and the way I see it and which seems rather logical to me:Vegetarianism implies no meat, no fish. No life is taken.Vegans are able to take it even further, no animal is even explored or mistreated.Now, did I say something wrong?Sorry, Peter. Probably I was out of line with my comment.But maybe it came out because I'm so fed up with some non-veg trying to enter with me into pointless nonsense arguments. Your comment, which came as a huge surprise to me, kind of touched a nevralgic spot, so I fired instantly.I would like to

apologize for that.Vegetarianism, Veganism is something I am passionate about, sometimes too passionate, I guess.Once again, please accept my apologies.Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: Alan Davies@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 5:59 PM

What?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 10:47:47 PMRe: Alan Davies

Peter vv

Jo

Guest guest

We're good, Peter :) Thank You :)Let's smoke the peace pipe and bury the hatchet, lol.Precisely that which baffles You, also baffles, irritates, frustrates,... (and other adjectives of the same kind) me :(Vegetarians don't eat fish, if they eat it, they are no longer vegetarians. They may be pescaterians.. whatever...I don't see any gray area here, this seems pretty clear to me.Those who eat animal flesh of any kind and still present themselves as vegetarians, well... I just think they should not do so.That is what confuses omnivours, when they see no difference ...Seems like I was really needing to let some steam out...Cheers,Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: Alan Davies Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 6:38 PM

Hey no problem, I`m a big boy ( not that I`m braggin!), I can take it. A lot of vegetarians do consume fish and think nothing of it,which baffles me, which is probably the way Alan Davies thinks..

We good now?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 11:27:20 PMRe: Alan Davies

Hi Peter!Hey, cool down, please!No harm meant, no offense meant, nor taken..Yes, sure, I hear that all the time: "I am vegetarian and also eat fish""I am vegetarian and also eat chicken"One thing is calling themselves veg, one entirely different is being.Aparently some people really do grow them on trees or in their backyard garden.Ok, let me put it simply and the way I see it and which seems rather logical to me:Vegetarianism implies no meat, no fish. No life is taken.Vegans are able to take it even further, no animal is even explored or mistreated.Now, did I say something wrong?Sorry, Peter. Probably I was out of line with my comment.But maybe it came out because I'm so fed up with some non-veg trying to enter with me into pointless nonsense arguments. Your comment, which came as a huge surprise to me, kind of touched a nevralgic spot, so I fired instantly.I would like to

apologize for that.Vegetarianism, Veganism is something I am passionate about, sometimes too passionate, I guess.Once again, please accept my apologies.Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: Alan Davies@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 5:59 PM

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Guest guest

A vegetarian is somebody who doesn't eat the product of slaughter - fish are slaughtered so they don't eat fish. Lots of people think it is cool to be vegetarian and call themselves that even though they are not. This is annoying to vegetarians.

Vegans avoid all animal products. I have known some people who call themselves vegan and they say they eat the occasional egg (Peter knows one of the people I'm referring to). Presumably they think it cool to be vegan and call themselves vegan even though they are not. This is annoying to vegans.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:51 PM

Re: Alan Davies

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 9:39:39 PM Alan Davies

Jo

Guest guest

This line of discussion is cracking me up. My mother has been a "vegetarian" for 31 years, but she eats fish. It drives me crazy. My husband and I lovingly give her a hard time about it. Did anyone see the Dilbert strip a few years ago where Dilbert was asking Bob, the vegetarian dinosaur, about his dietary needs?This mixed usage of the words does confuse others, and probably adds to the number of people in the world that hear we are vegan and want to serve us fish, cheese, or some other non-vegan thing. My favorite example of this happened when we stopped at a diner in central USA. I was told the potato soup had no meat or animal products. When I started eating it, however, it did not taste right. It was grossing me out! I asked the woman again about meat, and she said, "It doesn't have any meat, just a

little pork."Our annoying house-mate thinks of herself as an environmentalist, but continues to eat meat. Her boyfriend goes out fishing. She has a book on 50 things YOU can do to save the ocean. Amazingly, "STOP FISHING" never made the list. Crazy.A guy was hitting on me at a party last month and said he was "at least 95% vegan. I only eat steak occasionally." A veggie friend overheard this comment and replied, "That's cool! I'm at least 95% non violent. I only punch people occasionally." He turns into a bit of a smart ass when he's drinking. ~Faith

Guest guest

That's hilarious! I hope i remember it the next time someone says that

to me...

Tymothy

> A guy was hitting on me at a party last month and said he was " at

least 95% vegan.� I only eat steak occasionally. " � A veggie friend

overheard this comment and replied, " That's cool!� I'm at least 95%

non violent.� I only punch people occasionally. " � He turns into a bit

of a smart ass when he's drinking.�

>

> ~Faith

>

Guest guest

that would be pescitarian

it all depends on where you draw the line and people draw it all over the place unfortunately. i would consider someone vegetarian who ate vegan except for dairy, the theory being "nothing technically died"

there are people that call themselves vegetarian, and eat chicken, tho last i checked chickens didn't come from eggplants...and i've heard tons of folks over the years go "oh, i'm vegetarian, i only eat "fill in dead animal here" on weekends."...

ummmm...

i would toss that in with "i'm not racist, i only wear the white robes once a month"

Peter VV Jun 28, 2008 12:51 PM Re: Alan Davies

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 9:39:39 PM Alan Davies

Jo

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

mellow out there peter..step back....

no need to get yer wool all up in a ruffle...

Peter VV Jun 28, 2008 1:59 PM Re: Alan Davies

What?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 10:47:47 PMRe: Alan Davies

Peter vv

Jo

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

you've got it right beatriz...at least in my line o thinking

dang, know where did i leave my brain?

Beatriz Jun 28, 2008 2:27 PM Re: Alan Davies

Hi Peter!Hey, cool down, please!No harm meant, no offense meant, nor taken..Yes, sure, I hear that all the time: "I am vegetarian and also eat fish""I am vegetarian and also eat chicken"One thing is calling themselves veg, one entirely different is being.Aparently some people really do grow them on trees or in their backyard garden.Ok, let me put it simply and the way I see it and which seems rather logical to me:Vegetarianism implies no meat, no fish. No life is taken.Vegans are able to take it even further, no animal is even explored or mistreated.Now, did I say something wrong?Sorry, Peter. Probably I was out of line with my comment.But maybe it came out because I'm so fed up with some non-veg trying to enter with me into pointless nonsense arguments. Your comment, which came as a huge surprise to me, kind of touched a nevralgic spot, so I fired instantly.I would like to apologize for that.Vegetarianism, Veganism is something I am passionate about, sometimes too passionate, I guess.Once again, please accept my apologies.Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: Alan Davies Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 5:59 PM

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Guest guest

there goes our PG rating

Peter VV Jun 28, 2008 2:38 PM Re: Alan Davies

We good now?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 11:27:20 PMRe: Alan Davies

Hi Peter!Hey, cool down, please!No harm meant, no offense meant, nor taken..Yes, sure, I hear that all the time: "I am vegetarian and also eat fish""I am vegetarian and also eat chicken"One thing is calling themselves veg, one entirely different is being.Aparently some people really do grow them on trees or in their backyard garden.Ok, let me put it simply and the way I see it and which seems rather logical to me:Vegetarianism implies no meat, no fish. No life is taken.Vegans are able to take it even further, no animal is even explored or mistreated.Now, did I say something wrong?Sorry, Peter. Probably I was out of line with my comment.But maybe it came out because I'm so fed up with some non-veg trying to enter with me into pointless nonsense arguments. Your comment, which came as a huge surprise to me, kind of touched a nevralgic spot, so I fired instantly.I would like to apologize for that.Vegetarianism, Veganism is something I am passionate about, sometimes too passionate, I guess.Once again, please accept my apologies.Beatriz--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Guest guest

where you been? bottom of a pint glass again? thats old news, me and Bea is TIGHT! now....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, 30 June, 2008 8:36:30 PMRe: Alan Davies

Peter VV Jun 28, 2008 1:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: Alan Davies

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Guest guest

just trying to do my job peter my dear

:)

where have a been? i dunno! where am i? who are you? what fool put a carpet on the wall?

sorry, had a very full weekend, no time to play online...what with working and going to shows, Pride, a couple trips to the Trappist, farmers markets, etc.

you have my apologies...

fraggle

Peter VV Jun 30, 2008 11:42 AM Re: Alan Davies

where you been? bottom of a pint glass again? thats old news, me and Bea is TIGHT! now....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Monday, 30 June, 2008 8:36:30 PMRe: Alan Davies

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at “We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

I am not interested in your apologies, just your beer....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, 30 June, 2008 8:50:01 PMRe: Alan Davies

just trying to do my job peter my dear

:)

where have a been? i dunno! where am i? who are you? what fool put a carpet on the wall?

sorry, had a very full weekend, no time to play online...what with working and going to shows, Pride, a couple trips to the Trappist, farmers markets, etc.

you have my apologies...

fraggle

Peter VV Jun 30, 2008 11:42 AM @gro ups.com Re: Alan Davies

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comMonday, 30 June, 2008 8:36:30 PMRe: Alan Davies

What?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Jo

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at “We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

i think we know the same people....

Faith Albright Jun 29, 2008 5:20 AM Re: Alan Davies

This line of discussion is cracking me up. My mother has been a "vegetarian" for 31 years, but she eats fish. It drives me crazy. My husband and I lovingly give her a hard time about it. Did anyone see the Dilbert strip a few years ago where Dilbert was asking Bob, the vegetarian dinosaur, about his dietary needs?This mixed usage of the words does confuse others, and probably adds to the number of people in the world that hear we are vegan and want to serve us fish, cheese, or some other non-vegan thing. My favorite example of this happened when we stopped at a diner in central USA. I was told the potato soup had no meat or animal products. When I started eating it, however, it did not taste right. It was grossing me out! I asked the woman again about meat, and she said, "It doesn't have any meat, just a little pork."Our annoying house-mate thinks of herself as an environmentalist, but continues to eat meat. Her boyfriend goes out fishing. She has a book on 50 things YOU can do to save the ocean. Amazingly, "STOP FISHING" never made the list. Crazy.A guy was hitting on me at a party last month and said he was "at least 95% vegan. I only eat steak occasionally." A veggie friend overheard this comment and replied, "That's cool! I'm at least 95% non violent. I only punch people occasionally." He turns into a bit of a smart ass when he's drinking. ~Faith