IndiaDivine.org

other member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I liked next generation best - I liked the mix of characters, and Data's quest for human emotions.

Jo

-

Blue Rose

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:52 PM

Re: Re: other member

Yeah, I'm a lifelong fan myself of that show. :)

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:36 PM, jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Hi Faith

Sounds like a good plan to me, and I wish you luck with it.

I don't know about Doctor Who and vegans, but most Pagans seem to love Star Trek.

Jo

-

Faith Albright

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:00 PM

Re: other member

The veterinary industry was born intertwined with the livestock and horse use industries, so I suppose the way "we" view animals is not that surprising. There are a growing number of veterinarians in the US that support animal rights, and a good majority that are at least in favor of animal welfare. There are many alternative teaching methods popping up that spare animals from unnecessary pain and death in the name of learning. I'm pleased with the progress that has been made. That said, a large part of what motivates me to continue on in the face of so much unpleasantness is a desire to encourage change from within the industry. I think that humans and animals can benefit from expanding the current popular view of animals as objects of use.My husband and I want to open or work with a livestock rescue and shelter that can educate the community about these wonderful animals. We're excited about our path, but the road there is trying at best. :) On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing? I also love yoga, snorkeling, painting, and anything nature. Peace!~Faith-- Email: bluerose156 AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

Tom Baker was excellent. I think Catherine Tate is really good, much to my surprise. Do you think they will kill her off this story?

Jo

-

Peter VV

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:36 PM

Tom Baker is definately up ther for me, together with David Tennant. His new assistant knocks socks off Billy Piper, she was pretty one dimensional compared to the new one IMO.

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter > Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 11:05:23 PM Re: other member

Hi Peter,My husband has loved Dr Who since the 80's. His favorite Dr. was TomBaker. He only recently introduced me to the series, and I quiteenjoy it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does "BB" mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?> > I think it's just very popular at the moment. It's quite odd for me- I was a Dr Who fan when the BBC were trying to kill it off in themid to late 1980s, so to be a Dr Who fan, and suddenly find that it'sconsidered quite normal behaviour came as quite a shock when the newseries did so well :-)> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

I thought Rose was good in the first season, but didn't like her in the second.

Jo

-

Blue Rose

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:45 PM

Wow. Yours is a DECIDEDLY minority opinion. I've heard a LOT of whining about Donna this season from a good deal of people, and lots of cheers whenever Rose comes on.

Actually...the amount that much of the fandom obsesses over Rose scares me. Love the char, hate most of her fanbase.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Tom Baker is definately up ther for me, together with David Tennant. His new assistant knocks socks off Billy Piper, she was pretty one dimensional compared to the new one IMO.

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter >

Thursday, 26 June, 2008 11:05:23 PM Re: other member

Hi Peter,My husband has loved Dr Who since the 80's. His favorite Dr. was TomBaker. He only recently introduced me to the series, and I quiteenjoy it.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does "BB" mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?

How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith @gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?>

> I think it's just very popular at the moment. It's quite odd for me- I was a Dr Who fan when the BBC were trying to kill it off in themid to late 1980s, so to be a Dr Who fan, and suddenly find that it'sconsidered quite normal behaviour came as quite a shock when the newseries did so well :-)> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156 AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

and apparently wishes she hadn't played a prostitute. Seems she feels she might be typecaste now !

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:50 PM

and now she plays a prostitute...ah how the world changes

Peter VV Jun 27, 2008 3:36 PM Re: Re: other member

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter > Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 11:05:23 PM Re: other member

Hi Peter,My husband has loved Dr Who since the 80's. His favorite Dr. was TomBaker. He only recently introduced me to the series, and I quiteenjoy it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does "BB" mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?> > I think it's just very popular at the moment. It's quite odd for me- I was a Dr Who fan when the BBC were trying to kill it off in themid to late 1980s, so to be a Dr Who fan, and suddenly find that it'sconsidered quite normal behaviour came as quite a shock when the newseries did so well :-)> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

I do agree with you Peter. Donna is a good mix of character - she's not dopey, and has several layers.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Friday, June 27, 2008 9:02 PM

I was a bit sceptical when I heard Catherine Tate was going to be on Dr Who, especially as her comic talents leave a lot to be desired IMO, but she pulls it off brilliantly, and her cherector is a breath of fresh air, none of the girly girly stuff so often written for previous companions, all running behind the Dr, swooning at him all the time. I have seen Billy Piper in other things and just dont think a lot of her acting per se.

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156 > Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 8:45:52 PMRe: Re: other member

Wow. Yours is a DECIDEDLY minority opinion. I've heard a LOT of whining about Donna this season from a good deal of people, and lots of cheers whenever Rose comes on.

Actually...the amount that much of the fandom obsesses over Rose scares me. Love the char, hate most of her fanbase.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter@ >@gro ups.com

Hi Peter,My husband has loved Dr Who since the 80's. His favorite Dr. was TomBaker. He only recently introduced me to the series, and I quiteenjoy it.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does "BB" mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?

How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith @gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?>

> I think it's just very popular at the moment. It's quite odd for me- I was a Dr Who fan when the BBC were trying to kill it off in themid to late 1980s, so to be a Dr Who fan, and suddenly find that it'sconsidered quite normal behaviour came as quite a shock when the newseries did so well :-)> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Guest guest

Me too.On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I thought Rose was good in the first season, but didn't like her in the second.

Jo

-

Blue Rose

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:45 PM

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter

At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does " BB " mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?

How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith @gro ups.com, " Peter " <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156

AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~'>http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_Gothic

Boston_MysticBoston-Pagans

-- Email: bluerose156AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com

~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

Steady on now Jo, thats twice in two weeks we have agreed on something.....:)

lets redress the balance..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think the earth is flat, do you agree?

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 11:33:39 PMRe: Re: other member

I do agree with you Peter. Donna is a good mix of character - she's not dopey, and has several layers.

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

I was a bit sceptical when I heard Catherine Tate was going to be on Dr Who, especially as her comic talents leave a lot to be desired IMO, but she pulls it off brilliantly, and her cherector is a breath of fresh air, none of the girly girly stuff so often written for previous companions, all running behind the Dr, swooning at him all the time. I have seen Billy Piper in other things and just dont think a lot of her acting per se.

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 8:45:52 PMRe: Re: other member

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at -- Email: bluerose156@ gmail.comAIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com~http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothichttp://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystichttp://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Dunno, tough one, I think it will be one big wait and see if they all escape some big explosion , next series type ending...........

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 11:21:22 PMRe: Re: other member

Tom Baker was excellent. I think Catherine Tate is really good, much to my surprise. Do you think they will kill her off this story?

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter@ >@gro ups.comThursday, 26 June, 2008 11:05:23 PM Re: other member

Hi Peter,My husband has loved Dr Who since the 80's. His favorite Dr. was TomBaker. He only recently introduced me to the series, and I quiteenjoy it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, two questions:What does "BB" mean when people are signing off? Bye bye?How do I make my return posts look like the others? Reply to group? Reply via web post? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.Thanks.~Faith@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Faith> > > On another note, I also love Dr. Who! Is that a vegan thing?> > I think it's just very popular at the moment. It's quite odd for me- I was a Dr Who fan when the BBC were trying to kill it off in themid to late 1980s, so to be a Dr Who fan, and suddenly

find that it'sconsidered quite normal behaviour came as quite a shock when the newseries did so well :-)> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

LOL - what about the hills?

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:33 PM

Steady on now Jo, thats twice in two weeks we have agreed on something.....:)

lets redress the balance..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think the earth is flat, do you agree?

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 11:33:39 PMRe: Re: other member

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 8:45:52 PMRe: Re: other member

Peter vv

Guest guest

May well be - not long until it starts now.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:37 PM

Dunno, tough one, I think it will be one big wait and see if they all escape some big explosion , next series type ending...........

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 11:21:22 PMRe: Re: other member

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter@ >@gro ups.comThursday, 26 June, 2008 11:05:23 PM Re: other member