IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Zucchini Pie recipe post

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used to buy this non-stop from the little middle eastern store down the street. The owners were kind enough to teach me how to make it right there in the store one weekend. Of course I baked them a big supply of banana bread. Now when I stop in they have a big bag of speckled bananas awaiting me for free, just so I toss a loaf to them now and them. Donna

Baklava version #2

1 box phyllo dough thawed6 oz. melted butter1 cups ground pistachio nuts. Walnuts work well too.Syrup1/2 cup honey1/2 cup water1/2 cup sugar1/2 tsp. cinnamonand juice of one squeezed lemonPreheat the over to 350 degrees.1. Combine and boil then reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes.Cool and set aside.2. Place a sheet of phyllo dough on a dry cutting board and very lightly brushwith butter.3. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Sprinkle 1/4cup of ground pistachios over the buttered surface.4. Roll the phyllo from the side lengthwise into a log.5. Place the log on a buttered sheet pan or cookie sheet.6. Repeat the process 7 more times.7. Slice the logs on an angle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. This process willportion the baklava into the desired pieces. Recommended pieces per log areabout 6.8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown

and crispy.9. Allow the baklava to cool and then drizzle the syrup over the top. Allowsyrup to soak in, and serve."We take a walk, the sun is shining down.Burns my feet as they touch the ground."Good Day Sunshine - Beatles