IndiaDivine.org

New Dr Who episode

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I do agree - I can't remember the names of the episodes but there was the one in France (Robespiere) and one in Rome? Both very good.

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:35 PM

Re: New Dr Who episode

Hi Jo

Yep - they were good episodes, but I was thinking more of the "pure" historical stories where they just arrive in the midst of an important historical event and get caught up in events - no "aliens" or anything - just pure historical drama. They still do the occassional one on the Big Finish audios - the last one was a really good story where they find themselves in the middle of the Drogheda massacre in Ireland....

BB

Peter

-

jo

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:15 PM

Hi Peter

I too like the odd amusing quip - which, as you say, is not comedy. I also would like some historial episodes. I enjoyed the one with Dickens in it and Queen Victoria, even though they did not contain much 'history'. I like the settings to vary - some historical, some in different worlds or dimensions.

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:56 PM

Hi Jo

>I would like to know why comedy is included in Doctor Who at all. It was originally a serious science fiction programme. If RTD

> wants to produce comedy why doesn't he produce something different?

I agree. I quite like a bit of humour, but that's not the same as comedy! I also really wish they would do the occassional genuine historical story like they used to do in the Hartnell era (OK, I know I'm biased 'cos I like history) - I thought some of those plots were brilliant, and were educational as well as entertaining :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jo

>I do agree - I can't remember the names of the episodes but there was the one in France (Robespiere) and one in Rome? Both

> very good.

I really enjoyed the Robespierre one (The Reign of Terror). Wasn't so keen on The Romans, as they put a bit too much comedy in it... although nothing quite as bad as that last episode! They also did Marco Polo, The Aztecs, The Crusade, The Myth Makers (set in ancient Greece), The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve, The Smugglers (set in 18th century Cornwall), and The Highlanders set shortly after the battle of Culloden. Most of those were excellent :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Yes, there were all good stories. I wonder if they will do any more.

Do you know what the next episode is about???

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Jo

>

> >I do agree - I can't remember the names of the episodes but there

was the one in France (Robespiere) and one in Rome? Both

> > very good.

>

> I really enjoyed the Robespierre one (The Reign of Terror). Wasn't

so keen on The Romans, as they put a bit too much comedy in it...

although nothing quite as bad as that last episode! They also did

Marco Polo, The Aztecs, The Crusade, The Myth Makers (set in ancient

Greece), The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve, The Smugglers (set in

18th century Cornwall), and The Highlanders set shortly after the

battle of Culloden. Most of those were excellent :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

Hi Jo

>Yes, there were all good stories. I wonder if they will do any more.

>Do you know what the next episode is about???

I know it's called " Fear Her " , and seems to be about childrens drawings of monsters coming to life!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

That sounds good. Hopefully it will be better than last Saturday's

episode.

BB

Jo

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> >

> > Hi Jo

>

>

> >Yes, there were all good stories. I wonder if they will do any

more.

> >Do you know what the next episode is about???

>

> I know it's called " Fear Her " , and seems to be about childrens

drawings of

> monsters coming to life!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

stereo and lp's are right next to the tv.....

:)

Peter Jun 18, 2006 2:41 PM Re: New Dr Who episode

Hi Fraggle

Fair point... I just thought that you'd already watched the whole of one episode and not liked it, so to watch two more whole episodes and still not like it... I hope you're not gonna torture yourself any more.... next time you see Dr Who on, dig out an old Ramones record or something to cheer yourself up ;-)

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:37 PM

to see if they got any better....

how can you tell if ya are gonna like something er not if you don't watch more then 5 minutes of it?

Peter Jun 18, 2006 2:07 PM Re: New Dr Who episode

Hi Fraggle

>saw most of two episodes the other nite....

>WW III....

>sorry

>i just didn't like em

So, why do you keep watching 'em?

BB

PeterDefending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two Dr Who adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cant wait for the concluding part next week. Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into the new series Torchwood, which looks promising. Good old BBC Wales........ The Valley Vegan................Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Very good - amusing in places - the ghosthunter bit for one. I liked

some little touches that tied in with the past - like him walking off

in the wrong direction. It was quite scary with the cybermen breaking

into homes - some nightmares tonight I should think.

From what I've heard I don't think Torchwood will be my cup of tea.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two Dr

Who adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cant

wait for the concluding part next week.

> Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into the

new series Torchwood, which looks promising.

> Good old BBC Wales........

>

> The Valley Vegan................

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> All new Mail " The new Interface is stunning in its

simplicity and ease of use. " - PC Magazine

>

Guest guest

you guys are making me feel young and ignorant. I have no idea what you are talking about. -Cortheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Very good - amusing in places - the ghosthunter bit for one. I likedsome little touches that tied in with the past - like him walking offin the wrong direction. It was quite scary with the cybermen breakinginto homes - some nightmares tonight I should think.From what I've heard I don't think Torchwood will be my cup of tea.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two DrWho adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cantwait for the concluding part next week.> Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into thenew series Torchwood, which looks promising.> Good old BBC Wales........> > The Valley Vegan................> > > Peter H > > > > > All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in itssimplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine>

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Doctor Who - a sci fi in England - started in 1963 and carried on until about 1989 (help out Peter) and then started again last year. It is a programme that is either loved or hated.

Jo

-

cortney aldrich

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:40 PM

Re: Re: New Dr Who episode

you guys are making me feel young and ignorant. I have no idea what you are talking about. -Cortheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Very good - amusing in places - the ghosthunter bit for one. I likedsome little touches that tied in with the past - like him walking offin the wrong direction. It was quite scary with the cybermen breakinginto homes - some nightmares tonight I should think.From what I've heard I don't think Torchwood will be my cup of tea.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two DrWho adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cantwait for the concluding part next week.> Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into thenew series Torchwood, which looks promising.> Good old BBC Wales........> > The Valley Vegan................> > > Peter H > > > > > All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in itssimplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I thought it was great - and a nice surprise at the end... but I won't say any more than that as I don't want to spoil anything for those folks in the US who won't get to see it for another year...

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Saturday, July 01, 2006 10:00 PM

For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two Dr Who adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cant wait for the concluding part next week.

Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into the new series Torchwood, which looks promising.

Good old BBC Wales........

The Valley Vegan................

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Hi Cortney

Or perhaps you're just not a fan of the old Dr Whos... I wasn't born until the Tom Baker era, but I still love watching the ones from before my time... and there were some nice references back to old Patrick Troughton stories in particular (anyone else remember Moonbase?)

BB

Peter

-

cortney aldrich

Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:40 PM

Re: Re: New Dr Who episode

you guys are making me feel young and ignorant. I have no idea what you are talking about. -Cortheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Very good - amusing in places - the ghosthunter bit for one. I likedsome little touches that tied in with the past - like him walking offin the wrong direction. It was quite scary with the cybermen breakinginto homes - some nightmares tonight I should think.From what I've heard I don't think Torchwood will be my cup of tea.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two DrWho adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cantwait for the concluding part next week.> Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an insight into thenew series Torchwood, which looks promising.> Good old BBC Wales........> > The Valley Vegan................> > > Peter H > > > > > All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in itssimplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine>

Guest guest

Hi Peter Yeah, but I also don't own a television. So I tend to get a little lost when it comes to popular culture.Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Cortney Or perhaps you're just not a fan of the old Dr Whos... I wasn't born until the Tom Baker era, but I still love watching the ones from before my time... and there were some nice references back to old Patrick Troughton

stories in particular (anyone else remember Moonbase?) BB Peter - cortney aldrich Saturday, July 01, 2006 11:40 PM Re: Re: New Dr Who episode you guys are making me feel young and ignorant. I have no idea what you are talking about.

-Cortheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Very good - amusing in places - the ghosthunter bit for one. I likedsome little touches that tied in with the past - like him walking offin the wrong direction. It was quite scary with the cybermen breakinginto homes - some nightmares tonight I should think.From what I've heard I don't think Torchwood will be my cup of tea.Jo , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> For me it was back on form tonight with a major bombshell, two DrWho adversaries battling it out in one episode! enjoyed it and cantwait for the concluding part next week.> Also on BBC three Dr Who Confidential, it gave an

insight into thenew series Torchwood, which looks promising.> Good old BBC Wales........> > The Valley Vegan................> > > Peter H > > > > > All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in itssimplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine> Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.