IndiaDivine.org

Is it possible that your blood type change ? yes!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is it possible that your blood type change like from type O to type B?

In: Laboratory Testing [Edit categories]

[Edit]

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_possible_that_your_blood_type_change_like_from_type_O_to_type_B

[Edit]

From our video partners

Answer

no, your blood type is your blood type for your entire life span. Your blood type also affects your organs etc should a transplant be needed. FYI, you also could never get a transfusion of blood that does not match your own. It could lead to severe complications and even be fatal. The only change to bloodtype that can occur is a switch from Negative (-) blood to Positive (+) blood. This is due to the development of antibodies to the + bloodtype. This process cannot be reversed however, going from Positive (+) to Negative (-). The process is most common in pregnant women or new mothers, when the fetus carries Positive, and the mother Negative. In the event the baby carries Negative, and the mother carries Positive, a medical injection is required to prevent the mother's immune system from attacking the fetus.

24 JAN 2008 - I'd like to add my personal experience to this. My blood type was a positive, confirmed when I was born (in a military hospital) and then again when I joined the Army. When I became pregnant while in the military, my blood was tested as a precaution (as stated above) in case I needed the injection. Pregnant women need the injection if they are RH Negative and there is a possibility of the baby having positive blood. The baby's father was positive. When my blood results came back, I was O neg. I had them check it three times to confirm. Even though I had been A pos my entire life, somehow I am now O neg. The doctor said blood types can change from negative to positive and rarely from positive to negative. I guess I am living proof that it is indeed possible.

02 MAY 08 - I have something to add this, all my life I was blood type was O through childhood, teen life, and just recently, after doing 2 blood tests and different hospitals my blood type turned to A, they re-checked it wasn't a mistake. Is this possible?

November 7th 2008

As in the above answer I experienced the same thing. My entire life I have been O-, until recently that is. Some time in the past two years my blood type changed to A+. I know my blood type Was O- because as a child I was poked and prodded by one doctor after another. Not because anything was wrong with me, simply because they were confused by how my body seems be capable of unusual and wonderful things.

Also I have been a blood donor for years and the red cross has always begged me for my O- blood. Ironically this is how I first learned of the change in my blood type. After a lapse in my donations I moved to another state and signed up with the local red cross. After testing my blood they said I am A+, I went to a doctor for a second opinion and he confirmed that some how my blood type had changed.

November 22,2008

I believe our blood type can change. Research needs to be done on this.

12/28/08 When I joined The Navy in 1963 I was told That My Blood type was AB+. As a Hospital Corpsman I was part of a Walking Blood Bank, when AB+ blood was needed I would be called to donate which I did many times, always typed and crossmatched, always a match with AB+ recipients. After I left The Navy I did not donate for about 20 Years, when I moved to an area where The Red Cross was not involved in Blood Banking I started to donate on a regular basis again. I now donate type A+, The Blood Bank Personnel insist that There must have been a mistake in The Navy. The same mistake 40 times without killing someone? I doubt it! The above writer is so right, More Research needs to be done on this. I'd like to communicate with Others Who are certain that Their Blood Type has changed. Too many People including Doctors and Scientist are of the opinion that something They Haven't seen doesn't exist, such arrogant narrow mindedness has no place in science. jotojoe

March 15, 2009

Born a type A w/ both parents and sister all A. Through many routine health examinations at different doctors and hospitals, official record still was A. Until my first blood donation, the nurse tested my blood to be O, I suspected the testing method. However, since then my routine health examination resulted my blood type to be O. Just want to add to the record that it also happened to me, and am glad to know I'm not the only one trying to explain to whoever asks me what type I am, for I'm not so certain now. Note that I never had any surgery or transplant of any sort.

March 26, 2009

I wanted to add that I, too was tested at birth in 1980 and had O+. I still have the sticker that was on my "bed" in the nursery when I was born that says O+ on it and recently I went through 3 miscarraiges and my doctor told me I was A+. The olny problem is that my mother is O+ and I believe my father is O- (or says his mother). I have to find out for sure...but anyway, there is something weird going on and although people keep telling me that must mean one or both of my parents are not my parents, but everyone says I look just like them. If anyone finds out any more info, please let me know, thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Although the doctors all insist it is not possible, my daughter's blood type changed from A+ to O+ during her lifetime. She was typed at birth as A and told when she joined the military she was O. I thought it was a mistake, but then she had a child and was tested again and told it was O. Another interesting thing with her, the color of her eyes changed from a dark brown to a very pretty green when she was around 17 years of age. The doctors also said this is not possible.