IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

OT... don't take Emergen-C!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Group,

I just learned that Alacer Corp. Emergen-C, a popular electrolyte mix, contains aspartic acid... ASPERTAME! This is neurotoxic and should NOT be ingested.

Bob

Ingredients:

Sweetened with Fructose, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Carbonates of Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium and Calcium, Citric, Malic, Aspartic, and Tartaric Acids, Sodium, Potassium and Calcium Phosphates, Tapioca Starch, Magnesium Hydroxide, Manganese Gluconate, Glycine, Quercetin, Naturally Flavored and Colored.

-

Maritza Vlasaty

oleander soup

Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:33 AM

[!! SPAM] Re: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pills

thanks,

Marc <marcswanoleander soup Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:04:53 AMRe: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pills

Maritza,

If you are already taking 1.5ml of Anvirzel, then you can take a further 2 capsules of Sutherlandia OPC per day.

Marc Swanepoel

-

Maritza Vlasaty

oleander soup

Sunday, August 10, 2008 4:42 PM

Re: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pills

Marc,I have stage IV and currently taking 1.5ml of Anvirzel. Considering adding OCP. What would be the recommended doses of OCP, taking into consideration the 1.5ml of Anvirzel?Thanks,Maritza

Marc <marcswan (AT) global (DOT) co.za>oleander soupSaturday, August 9, 2008 8:04:13 AMRe: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pills

Nomita,

The answers to your Sutherlandia OPC capsule queries are as follows:

(1) The liver cleanse is relatively mild and the Epsom salts should not cause a problem. If you are worried, you can try to find a herbal laxative in place of the Epsom salts.

(2) Your mother can keep on taking the enzyme supplements. I would just suggest that you separate the S/OPC and Vit C by at least 2 hours. Vit C sometimes interferes with the action of some herbs and minerals.

(3) Cancer is mostly a symptom of an underlying condition in the body caused by lifestyle (diet, stress, trauma, etc). Treatment of ANY kind will only be effective if it goes hand in hand with a change in the underlying bodily "terrain." Therefore a change in diet and lifestyle is a major pre-requisite for success. Your own firm internal belief that you are in charge of your health is a very important starting point. Always remember that there is not a single type of cancer for which there is not some evidence of spontaneous remission. This is another way of saying that there is not a single type of cancer where the internal belief of the patient did not result in some miraculous recovery. However, I don't think you will see major changes in a week or 10 days that will show up on your tests.

(4) The major possible symptoms after starting to use the S/OPC are diarrhea, slight rash, slight nausea, and pain at the tumor site. Some people get slight heart palpitations. Others use the S/OPC for weeks without a problem and then suddenly start to get diarrhea. In that case, just cut back slightly on the dosage until your body can handle it.

(5) The exact dosage depends on the stage of the cancer. If, as you say, the cancer had already metastasized to the liver and other organs, then I would say it is at least at stage III, and 4 capsules per day for a period of at last 3 month should be the suggested dosage.

(6) The capsules are identical in content to the liquid and the lower price is due to the lower weight and thus lower airmail costs. From the feedback I am getting, the liquid and capsules are equally effective. (If you order 5 at a time, you get the 6th bottle of capsules for free). A 3 months' supply of capsules will thus cost you $225 (inclusive of registered airmail delivery).

Regards,

Marc Swanepoel

-

Nomita

oleander soup

Friday, August 08, 2008 5:16 PM

Re: Questions on starting Oleander pills

Hi All,I'm new to this group. My mother has been fighting cancer since Sep 07. She had breast ovarian syndrome and the cancer had spread to the right lung and several organs in the abdomen at the time of detection. She's had 9 cycles of chemo since then (Carboplatin+ Taxol) and in the Pet CT scan in Mar 08, there was significant regression with only one node near the kidney showing up with cancer. CA 125 went down from 2500 to 72 from Sep 07 to June 08. But in the latest test in end July08 it was up to 110. That's why I looked around for the latest alternative treatments and found Oleander listed on Cancertutor. comShe's been on various alternative treatments throughout but she does believe in chemo and the doctors. She's had cancer of the right breast in 2006 and before that in 1990 in the left breast. So, now she is (as am I) afraid of taking any chances. (Because of low Haemoglobin and WBC counts she hasn't had any more chemo after 3 June 08.)She's just started on the Oleander pills today. Sutherlandia OPC. I have some questions for the group:1. She had a severe stomach infection which turned into sepsis in July which landed her in the hospital for a week. Is it safe to do the liver cleanse with Epsom salts at this point?2. She's been having an enzyme supplement which has Trypsin and Chymotrypsin as well as Vitamin supplements. Can she continue these?3. In your experience, does Oleander work in all cases and how soon does the result show up? We are planning another CA 125 test next week and a PET CT scan on 19 Aug 08.4. Can you share any symptoms which start showing up soon after starting Oleander?5. What is the exact dosage for the pills? The letter that came with the pills said to take 4 pills a day in severe cases. Is my mother's case "severe"?6. Are the pills as potent as the soup?Thank you,Nomita

Guest guest

Relax, aspartic acid and aspartame are not the same thing. You get far more of the anino acid aspartic acid every time you eat an egg than you do from Emergen-C. Stay away from aspartame, it contains wood alcohol as a breakdown product. Emergen-C is one of the most benign supplements in the marketplace.Mikebbanever <bbaneveroleander soup Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:12:47 PM OT... don't take

Emergen-C!Hello Group, I just learned that Alacer Corp. Emergen-C, a popular electrolyte mix, contains aspartic acid... ASPERTAME! This is neurotoxic and should NOT be ingested. Bob Ingredients: Sweetened with Fructose, Calcium Lactate, Calcium Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Carbonates of Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium and Calcium, Citric, Malic, Aspartic, and Tartaric Acids, Sodium, Potassium and Calcium Phosphates, Tapioca Starch, Magnesium Hydroxide, Manganese Gluconate, Glycine, Quercetin, Naturally Flavored and Colored.- Maritza Vlasaty oleander soup Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:33 AM[!! SPAM] Re: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pillsthanks,Marc <marcswan (AT) global (DOT) co.za>oleander soupSunday, August 10, 2008 11:04:53 AMRe: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pillsMaritza,If you are already taking 1.5ml of Anvirzel, then you can take a further 2 capsules of Sutherlandia OPC per day. Marc Swanepoel - Maritza Vlasaty oleander soup Sunday, August 10, 2008 4:42 PMRe: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pillsMarc,I have stage IV and currently taking 1.5ml of Anvirzel. Considering adding OCP. What would be the recommended doses of OCP, taking into consideration the 1.5ml of Anvirzel?Thanks,MaritzaMarc <marcswan (AT) global (DOT) co.za>oleander soupSaturday, August 9, 2008 8:04:13 AMRe: Re: Questions on starting Oleander pillsNomita, The answers to your Sutherlandia OPC capsule queries are as follows:(1) The liver cleanse is relatively mild and the Epsom salts should not cause a problem. If you are worried, you can try to find a herbal laxative in place of the Epsom salts.(2) Your mother can keep on taking the enzyme supplements. I would just suggest that you separate the S/OPC and Vit C by at least 2 hours. Vit C sometimes interferes with the action of some herbs and minerals.(3) Cancer is mostly a symptom of an underlying condition in the body caused by lifestyle (diet, stress, trauma, etc). Treatment of ANY kind will only be effective if it goes hand in hand with a change in the underlying bodily "terrain." Therefore a change in diet and lifestyle is a major pre-requisite for success. Your own firm internal belief that you are in charge of your health is a very important starting point. Always remember that there is not a single type of cancer for which there is not some evidence of spontaneous remission. This is another way of saying that there is not a single type of cancer where the internal belief of the patient did not result in some miraculous recovery. However, I don't think you will see major changes in a week or 10 days that will show up on your tests.(4) The major possible symptoms after starting to use the S/OPC are diarrhea, slight rash, slight nausea, and pain at the tumor site. Some people get slight heart palpitations. Others use the S/OPC for weeks without a problem and then suddenly start to get diarrhea. In that case, just cut back slightly on the dosage until your body can handle it.(5) The exact dosage depends on the stage of the cancer. If, as you say, the cancer had already metastasized to the liver and other organs, then I would say it is at least at stage III, and 4 capsules per day for a period of at last 3 month should be the suggested dosage.(6) The capsules are identical in content to the liquid and the lower price is due to the lower weight and thus lower airmail costs. From the feedback I am getting, the liquid and capsules are equally effective. (If you order 5 at a time, you get the 6th bottle of capsules for free). A 3 months' supply of capsules will thus cost you $225 (inclusive of registered airmail delivery). Regards,Marc Swanepoel - Nomita oleander soup Friday, August 08, 2008 5:16 PM Re: Questions on starting Oleander pillsHi All,I'm new to this group. My mother has been fighting cancer since Sep 07. She had breast ovarian syndrome and the cancer had spread to the right lung and several organs in the abdomen at the time of detection. She's had 9 cycles of chemo since then (Carboplatin+ Taxol) and in the Pet CT scan in Mar 08, there was significant regression with only one node near the kidney showing up with cancer. CA 125 went down from 2500 to 72 from Sep 07 to June 08. But in the latest test in end July08 it was up to 110. That's why I looked around for the latest alternative treatments and found Oleander listed on Cancertutor. comShe's been on various alternative treatments throughout but she does believe in chemo and the doctors. She's had cancer of the right breast in 2006 and before that in 1990 in the left breast. So, now she is (as am I) afraid of taking any chances. (Because of low Haemoglobin and WBC counts she hasn't had any more chemo after 3 June 08.)She's just started on the Oleander pills today. Sutherlandia OPC. I have some questions for the group:1. She had a severe stomach infection which turned into sepsis in July which landed her in the hospital for a week. Is it safe to do the liver cleanse with Epsom salts at this point?2. She's been having an enzyme supplement which has Trypsin and Chymotrypsin as well as Vitamin supplements. Can she continue these?3. In your experience, does Oleander work in all cases and how soon does the result show up? We are planning another CA 125 test next week and a PET CT scan on 19 Aug 08.4. Can you share any symptoms which start showing up soon after starting Oleander?5. What is the exact dosage for the pills? The letter that came with the pills said to take 4 pills a day in severe cases. Is my mother's case "severe"?6. Are the pills as potent as the soup?Thank you,Nomita

Guest guest

I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in

unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the

body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a vitamin

supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:

Aspartic Acid (40 percent of aspartame)

Dr. Russell L.

Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi,

recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the

ingestion of excessive aspartic acid

from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show

how excess free excitatory amino acids

such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium

glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious

chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3)

From another site:

The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without

phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in

proteins, but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in

combination, not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in combination;

only man isolates them for processing purposes.

Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk,

bananas, and meat. If you are PKU (Phenylketonuric) or sensitive to

phenylalanine, you will react to the phenylalanine in aspartame. You many want

to get a blood test to check for this condition. Over the past 20 years, humans

have become more aware of PKU reactions because human beings began using

isolated phenylalanine to the degree it is harmful to some individuals, many as

aspartame side effects. My suggestion would be to research PKU and

phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.

Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids.

You want to buy products with at least eight amino acids in combination.

There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l-phenylalanine

methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):

10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee,

tea, pop, etc.).

40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in

nature).

50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally

high concentration, and the reason for the warning label

" Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine " ).

Be Well

Loretta

Guest guest

Aspartic acid is part of the formula because of what it lends to the taste and texture of the product. It's not in there to supplement the diet. It's the same reason that citric acid, malic acid and tartaric acid are in there. This is not a pill or a capsule. It is a instant beverage. The funny thing is no one is complaining about the tartaric acid in there. Tartaic acid is a myotoxin (toxic to muscles) that causes malic acid depletion. Once more, the amount is key. There is way less tartaric acid in Emergen-C than there is in red wine. (Tartaric acid is the shiny crystalline stuff that you can sometimes see on a wine cork.)You have to realize that the amounts of these components are

miniscule.MikeDr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphieroleander soup Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:30:49 PMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in

unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the

body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a vitamin

supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:Aspartic Acid (40 percent of aspartame) Dr. Russell L.

ingestion of excessive aspartic acid

from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show

how excess free excitatory amino acids

such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium

chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3) From another site:The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without

phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in

only man isolates them for processing purposes.Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk,

phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids.

You want to buy products with at least eight amino acids in combination.There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l- phenylalanine

methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee,

tea, pop, etc.). 40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in

nature). 50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally

high concentration, and the reason for the warning label

"Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine"). Be Well

Loretta

Guest guest

Individual amino acids are often a good substitute for drugs. An example would be arginine, which is very useful in increasing nitric oxide production to lower blood pressure.Sine PKU was brought up, I'll use that as an example to make a case for prudent use of single amino acids. Phenylketonurics have to avoid phenylalanine because they can't break it down. They avoid it. Phenylalanine is required for tyrosine synthesis. In this case tyrosine, a single amino acid, is given to circumvent this problem.MikeDr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphieroleander soup Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:30:49 PMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!From another site:The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without

phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in

only man isolates them for processing purposes.Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk,

phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.Re.

Guest guest

pls forgive the interjection - but is EmergenC bad b/c of the aspartame or is there another reason - sorry - I'm having a bit of trouble following this thread. I take EmergenC without aspartame is that ok?

sun--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier wrote:

Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphierRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!oleander soup Received: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 11:30 PM

I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a vitamin supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:

Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3)

From another site: The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in proteins, but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in combination, not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in combination; only man isolates them for processing purposes.

Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk, bananas, and meat. If you are PKU (Phenylketonuric) or sensitive to phenylalanine, you will react to the phenylalanine in aspartame. You many want to get a blood test to check for this condition. Over the past 20 years, humans have become more aware of PKU reactions because human beings began using isolated phenylalanine to the degree it is harmful to some individuals, many as aspartame side effects. My suggestion would be to research PKU and phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.

Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids. You want to buy products with at least eight amino acids in combination.

There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l- phenylalanine methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):

10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee, tea, pop, etc.).

40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in nature).

50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high concentration, and the reason for the warning label "Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine").

Be WellLoretta

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

Guest guest

Hi Mike

That’s what all vitamin companies tell me when asked about “suspect”

ingredients…it’s not enough to hurt. J The concern is for people

that ingest a lot of aspartame or food proudcts that contain aspartame.

There is really no reason to include aspartic acid as an “other

ingredient” especially since in its “miniscule amount” it is

not enough to help with energy, etc. It’s the “possibility”

of over-load that I am concerned about and it can and does happen when people

are getting aspartic acid from a lot of different sources, no matter how

miniscule. It may be that miniscule amount that puts them over the top.

What occurs naturally in foods is used in a synergistic manner by the body.

It is not the same as a man-made synthetic chemical even though the chemicl

companies would love for us to think in this manner.

Personally, I would be more concerned with the “Naturally Flavored and

Colored” indications as these hidden ingredients can sometimes be the

source of allergic concerns.

Be Well

Loretta

oleander soup

oleander soup On

Behalf Of Mike Golden

Sunday, August 10, 2008

11:13 PM

oleander soup

Re: OT...

don't take Emergen-C!

Aspartic

acid is part of the formula because of what it lends to the taste and texture

of the product. It's not in there to supplement the diet. It's the

same reason that citric acid, malic acid and tartaric acid are in there.

This is not a pill or a capsule. It is a instant beverage.

The funny thing is no one is complaining about the tartaric acid in

there. Tartaic acid is a myotoxin (toxic to muscles) that causes malic

acid depletion. Once more, the amount is key. There is way less

tartaric acid in Emergen-C than there is in red wine. (Tartaric acid is

the shiny crystalline stuff that you can sometimes see on a wine cork.)

You have to realize that the amounts of these components are miniscule.

Mike

-----

Original Message ----

Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier

oleander soup

Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:30:49 PM

RE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in

unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since

the body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a

vitamin supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:

Dr. Russell L.

ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes

use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino

acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium

chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3)

From another site:

The 1976

Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine.

Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in proteins,

but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in combination,

not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in combination; only man

isolates them for processing purposes.

Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk,

phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.

Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids.

There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l-

phenylalanine methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):

10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee,

tea, pop, etc.).

40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in

nature).

50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high

concentration, and the reason for the warning label " Phenylketonurics:

Contains phenylalanine " ).

Be Well

Loretta

Guest guest

Loretta,

Agree 100%.

-

Dr. Loretta Lanphier

oleander soup

Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:06 PM

RE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

Hi MikeThat’s what all vitamin companies tell me when asked about “suspect” ingredients…it’s not enough to hurt. J The concern is for people that ingest a lot of aspartame or food proudcts that contain aspartame. There is really no reason to include aspartic acid as an “other ingredient” especially since in its “miniscule amount” it is not enough to help with energy, etc. It’s the “possibility” of over-load that I am concerned about and it can and does happen when people are getting aspartic acid from a lot of different sources, no matter how miniscule. It may be that miniscule amount that puts them over the top.What occurs naturally in foods is used in a synergistic manner by the body. It is not the same as a man-made synthetic chemical even though the chemicl companies would love for us to think in this manner.Personally, I would be more concerned with the “Naturally Flavored and Colored” indications as these hidden ingredients can sometimes be the source of allergic concerns.Be WellLoretta

oleander soup oleander soup On Behalf Of Mike GoldenSunday, August 10, 2008 11:13 PMoleander soup Subject: Re: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

Aspartic acid is part of the formula because of what it lends to the taste and texture of the product. It's not in there to supplement the diet. It's the same reason that citric acid, malic acid and tartaric acid are in there. This is not a pill or a capsule. It is a instant beverage. The funny thing is no one is complaining about the tartaric acid in there. Tartaic acid is a myotoxin (toxic to muscles) that causes malic acid depletion. Once more, the amount is key. There is way less tartaric acid in Emergen-C than there is in red wine. (Tartaric acid is the shiny crystalline stuff that you can sometimes see on a wine cork.)You have to realize that the amounts of these components are miniscule.Mike

Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphieroleander soup Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:30:49 PMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a vitamin supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:

Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3)

From another site:The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in proteins, but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in combination, not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in combination; only man isolates them for processing purposes.

Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk, bananas, and meat. If you are PKU (Phenylketonuric) or sensitive to phenylalanine, you will react to the phenylalanine in aspartame. You many want to get a blood test to check for this condition. Over the past 20 years, humans have become more aware of PKU reactions because human beings began using isolated phenylalanine to the degree it is harmful to some individuals, many as aspartame side effects. My suggestion would be to research PKU and phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.

Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids. You want to buy products with at least eight amino acids in combination.

There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l- phenylalanine methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):

50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high concentration, and the reason for the warning label "Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine").

Be WellLoretta

Guest guest

Loretta,We were not talking about aspartame. I am the arch enemy of aspartame. We were talking about aspartic acid. They are not the same thing. Just because aspartame contains aspartic acid, this does not indict aspartic acid. There is no aspatame in Emergen-C. There are plenty of products out there to get upset about, especially the ones with aspartame. A benign product like Emergen-C can be damaged and, perhaps eventually lost to the public, through misinformation and rumor. We saw this happen with Snapple and the whole label rumor. The internet has great power. It can make or break something. We have to strive to be accurate.MikeDr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphieroleander soup Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 1:06:47 AMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!Hi Mike

That’s what all vitamin companies tell me when asked about “suspect”

ingredients…it’s not enough to hurt. J The concern is for people

that ingest a lot of aspartame or food proudcts that contain aspartame.

There is really no reason to include aspartic acid as an “other

ingredient” especially since in its “miniscule amount” it is

not enough to help with energy, etc. It’s the “possibility”

of over-load that I am concerned about and it can and does

Guest guest

Once again, there is no aspartame in Emergen-C. It is a decent product for supplementing various nutrients in a cost effective way. It is not harmful.Mikesun ray <revelation3_21oleander soup Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 12:56:13 AMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

pls forgive the interjection - but is EmergenC bad b/c of the aspartame or is there another reason - sorry - I'm having a bit of trouble following this thread. I take EmergenC without aspartame is that ok?

sun--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv ancedwellness. com> wrote:

Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv ancedwellness. com>RE: OT.... don't take Emergen-C!oleander soupReceived: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 11:30 PM

Dr.. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute

symptoms.(3)

From another site: The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high concentration, and the reason for the warning label "Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine" ).

Be WellLoretta

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

Guest guest

In cofusion, (er,...I mean "conclusion") if you avoid Emergen-C because it has aspartate in it, then you should also shun ASPARagus because it has high levels of both bound and unbound ASPARtate in it. This would be a shame because asparagus is one of the most powerful anti-cancer foods we know about. As my good buddy Frankenstein says "Ugh, aspartate, good! Aspartame, bad!"Mikesun ray <revelation3_21oleander soup Sent: Monday, August

11, 2008 12:56:13 AMRE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!pls forgive the interjection - but is EmergenC bad b/c of the aspartame or is there another reason - sorry - I'm having a bit of trouble following this thread. I take EmergenC without aspartame is that ok? sun--- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv ancedwellness. com> wrote:Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv ancedwellness. com>RE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!oleander soupReceived: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 11:30 PMI suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in unnaturally high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the body makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a vitamin supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:Aspartic Acid (40 percent of aspartame) Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious chronic

neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.(3) From another site:The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in proteins, but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in combination, not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in combination; only man isolates them for processing purposes.Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk, bananas, and meat. If you are PKU (Phenylketonuric) or sensitive to phenylalanine, you will react to the phenylalanine in aspartame. You many want to get a blood test to check for this condition. Over the past 20 years, humans have become more aware of PKU reactions because human beings began using isolated phenylalanine to the degree it is harmful to some individuals, many as aspartame side effects. My suggestion would be to research PKU and phenylalanine extensively. Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids. You want to buy products with at least eight amino acids in combination.There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l- phenylalanine methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee, tea, pop, etc.). 40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in nature). 50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high concentration, and the reason for the warning label "Phenylketonurics: Contains phenylalanine" ). Be WellLoretta Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

Guest guest

Hi Mike

Very quickly as I need to run. Synthetically manufactured

ingredients often act differently in the body than they do when occurring

naturally in a whole food. The synergistic component comes into play with whole

foods.

You are absolutely correct in that asparagus is a tremendous

food to include in a cancer protocol. For those that cannot afford eating

it every day, Chi Enterprise makes an excellent asparagus extract tea.

Just an FYI for the group: Dr. Theodore A Baroody, North Carolina, in his book

Asparagus Can Do It For You says “asparagus should be taken by everyone

for a number of reasons the two best being heart balance and cancer

prevention. Among other things this tasty vegetable supplies is its

extremely high alkaline forming property that is very beneficial to overall

health. I test for 175 primary deficiencies in my patients and asparagus

can strengthen and supply every one of these imbalances at one time or

another. Other benefits are to the immune system and heart

arrhythmia. Because it is so hard to get people to eat Asparagus everyday

I highly recommend this food supplement.”

Dr. Kurt Donsbach, of California says

“Every so often an idea or concept comes along that is too easy and

inexpensive to ignore, ---- the daily use of asparagus is one of

them.” “The original asparagus therapy came from a dentist in

Pittsburgh who had a cancer behind his eye and Hodgkin’s lymphoma

blocking his intestine. Both went gradually over about one year.

Supposedly any number of cancers have been helped, cancer of the mouth,

bladder, breast, lung, colon, prostrate cancers and leukemia. Asparagus

is expensive and available only for a short season. Asparagus extracts allow a

person to get the benefits all year around without eating large

quantities.”

Asparagus can clean the artery and has

diuretic effects. Besides, asparagus extract also can help chelation Mercury

out through the kidneys.

My reasoning in bringing up the consumption of aspartame is that it contains

40% aspartic acid…that’s a lot. I am not fueling disinformation at

all and while I don’t agree with Dr. Blaylock or Dr. Mercola on

everything, I do believe that it stands to reason that if people are consuming

high amounts of aspartame then they are consuming high amounts of aspartic acid

which may cause health concerns. If I am missing something or reading

something incorrectly, other than just a differing of opinion, please let me

know. J

Any way I still urge caution and people can research and decide for themselves

what to put in their body. Everything that you put into your body has an

effect.

Have no idea what happened with Snapple but would not recommend their products

either. Well aware of the “power” of the Internet but it’s

always good to get a reminder. J

Email just doesn’t do a conversation justice. J

Be Well

Loretta

In cofusion, (er,...I mean

" conclusion " ) if you avoid Emergen-C because it has aspartate in it,

then you should also shun ASPARagus because it has high levels of both bound

and unbound ASPARtate in it. This would be a shame because asparagus is

one of the most powerful anti-cancer foods we know about. As my good buddy

Frankenstein says " Ugh, aspartate, good! Aspartame, bad! "

Mike

Loretta,

We were not talking about aspartame. I am the arch enemy of

aspartame. We were talking about aspartic acid. They are not the

same thing. Just because aspartame contains aspartic acid, this does not

indict aspartic acid. There is no aspatame in Emergen-C. There are

plenty of products out there to get upset about, especially the ones with

aspartame. A benign product like Emergen-C can be damaged and, perhaps

eventually lost to the public, through misinformation and rumor. We saw

this happen with Snapple and the whole label rumor. The internet has

great power. It can make or break something. We have to strive to be

accurate.

Mike

Guest guest

I think the valid concern arises from when aspartate/aspartic acid is

taken in it's free form and not attached to protein or in the presence

of other amino acids.

" Even though both phenylalanine and aspartic acid are amino acids that

are present in the food we eat, and are safe when eaten naturally in

foods with other amino acids present, taken alone and in elevated

quantities they are neurotoxins which can permanently damage the

developing brain and nervous system of the fetus, if the child is

lucky enough to survive the potential destruction by the maternal

immune system. Aspartic acid is an excitotoxin, which stimulates the

neurons until they die. "

unhinderedliving.com

" What Is Aspartame Made Of?

Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical

University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly

detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive

aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500

scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids

such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of

monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are

causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other

acute symptoms.(3)

How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage

Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain by

facilitating the transmission of information from neuron to neuron.

Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by

allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells. This influx

triggers excessive amounts of free radicals, which kill the cells. The

neural cell damage that can be caused by excessive aspartate and

glutamate is why they are referred to as " excitotoxins. " They " excite "

or stimulate the neural cells to death.

Aspartic acid is an amino acid. Taken in its free form (unbound to

proteins) it significantly raises the blood plasma level of aspartate

and glutamate. The excess aspartate and glutamate in the blood plasma

shortly after ingesting aspartame or products with free glutamic acid

(glutamate precursor) leads to a high level of those neurotransmitters

in certain areas of the brain. "

mercola.com

The aspartate taken in Aspartame and in Emergen-C is not in the

presence of multiple other amino acids nor is it bound to a protein.

Such is not the case when it is ingested in it's naturally occurring

form in foods like asparagus.

oleander soup , Mike Golden <goldenmike86 wrote:

>

> In cofusion, (er,...I mean " conclusion " ) if you avoid Emergen-C

because it has aspartate in it, then you should also shun ASPARagus

because it has high levels of both bound and unbound ASPARtate in it.

This would be a shame because asparagus is one of the most powerful

anti-cancer foods we know about. As my good buddy Frankenstein says

" Ugh, aspartate, good! Aspartame, bad! "

>

> Mike

>

>

>

>

> sun ray <revelation3_21

> oleander soup

> Monday, August 11, 2008 12:56:13 AM

> RE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

>

>

> pls forgive the interjection - but is EmergenC bad b/c of the

aspartame or is there another reason - sorry - I'm having a bit of

trouble following this thread. I take EmergenC without aspartame is

that ok?

>

> sun

>

> --- On Sun, 8/10/08, Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv

ancedwellness. com> wrote:

>

> Dr. Loretta Lanphier <drlanphier@oasisadv ancedwellness. com>

> RE: OT... don't take Emergen-C!

> oleander soup

> Received: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 11:30 PM

>

>

> I suspect the concern is that aspartame is consumed in unnaturally

high amounts, especially in America and among dieters. Since the body

makes aspartic acid naturally then WHY should it be included in a

vitamin supplement? Below is what Dr. Mercola quoted from Dr. Blaylock:

> Aspartic Acid (40 percent of aspartame)

> Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical

University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly

detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive

aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500

scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids

such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of

monosodium glutamate (MSG) is glutamic acid) in our food supply are

causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other

acute symptoms.(3)

> From another site:

>

> The 1976 Groliers encyclopedia states cancer cannot live without

phenylalanine. Aspartame contains 50% phenylalanine.

> Phenylalanine is one of the essential amino acids found in proteins,

but I am one of the believers that amino acids should be eaten in

combination, not in isolated form. Nature provides amino acids in

combination; only man isolates them for processing purposes.

> Phenylalanine is found naturally in foods such as eggs, milk,

phenylalanine, you will react to the phenylalanine in aspartame. You

many want to get a blood test to check for this condition. Over the

past 20 years, humans have become more aware of PKU reactions because

human beings began using isolated phenylalanine to the degree it is

harmful to some individuals, many as aspartame side effects. My

suggestion would be to research PKU and phenylalanine extensively.

Phenylalanine can be very harmful to diabetics.

> Read all food labels and avoid anything with isolated amino acids.

> There are three main components to L-Aspartyl-l- phenylalanine

methyl ester, 98% (aspartame, C14H18N2O5):

> 10% Methanol (when in solutions such as Kool Aid©, coffee, tea, pop,

etc.).

> 40% Aspartic Acid (an isolated amino acid not found solo in nature).

> 50% Phenylalanine (another isolated amino acid in an abnormally high

concentration, and the reason for the warning label " Phenylketonurics:

Contains phenylalanine " ).

>

> Be Well

> Loretta

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

>

Guest Ms P

Aspartic acid is produced in our bodies already. It's not aspertame!! Do better research!! Energen c is not a bad product! Please know the facts before posting you sound very silly!!!