IndiaDivine.org

Blind baby goat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone.

I am new to this list. I do belong to some others..I have mostly

goats, but also a few sheep, donkey, llama, livestock guard dogs, 1

baby cow and chickens...along with cats.

Anyway, I just acquired a 2 month old doe who was born blind, and mom

rejected her.... They could not put her down so they started bottling

her..we took her so she could live...She is healthy in every other

aspect, but appears to be totatlly blind. She is a real sweetheart.

Anyway my question is Is there any thing I could try giving her at

the outside chance that it could maybe help her - even a little bit

to see....something. I thought about maybe trying eyebright in her

milk, or even thought about essiac, as I know it does remarkable

things but don't know that it would help with the blindness. Any

suggestions out there.... I feel I have to at least try something.

Suzi

Guest guest

Poor little baby goat !!! I've heard even aloe gel applied to the eyes can

help remove cataracts- I was going to put it in my husbands eyes but he

resisted. So I told him to just go get an operation if he wants to do it

that way, stubborn man. No, I have never heard of essiac in the eyes, only

to drink for internal support for humans. Eyebright and aloe gel shouldn't

hurt anything anyway. Does anyone else know of anything??

Elaine

-

<suziesgoats

<herbal remedies >

Monday, July 02, 2001 10:24 PM

[herbal remedies] Blind baby goat

> Hi everyone.

> I am new to this list. I do belong to some others..I have mostly

> goats, but also a few sheep, donkey, llama, livestock guard dogs, 1

> baby cow and chickens...along with cats.

> Anyway, I just acquired a 2 month old doe who was born blind, and mom

> rejected her.... They could not put her down so they started bottling

> her..we took her so she could live...She is healthy in every other

> aspect, but appears to be totatlly blind. She is a real sweetheart.

> Anyway my question is Is there any thing I could try giving her at

> the outside chance that it could maybe help her - even a little bit

> to see....something. I thought about maybe trying eyebright in her

> milk, or even thought about essiac, as I know it does remarkable

> things but don't know that it would help with the blindness. Any

> suggestions out there.... I feel I have to at least try something.

>

> Suzi

Guest guest

I sure don't know of anything to apply. Have heard of other animals growing up with others that have problems like this and 'helping' them find things. You might try another animal with it. Hope you find an answer to this one. Patty

-

elaine davis

herbal remedies

Wednesday, July 04, 2001 8:20 AM

Re: [herbal remedies] Blind baby goat

Guest guest

Elaine,

Started today putting eyebright in her milk.. never heard of aloe gel --- just the regular aloe gel like you get for burns or what?

Suzi

elaine davis <twobears wrote: Poor little baby goat !!! I've heard even aloe gel applied to the eyes canhelp remove cataracts- I was going to put it in my husbands eyes but heresisted. So I told him to just go get an operation if he wants to do itthat way, stubborn man. No, I have never heard of essiac in the eyes, onlyto drink for internal support for humans. Eyebright and aloe gel shouldn'thurt anything anyway. Does anyone else know of anything??Elaine-Monday, July 02, 2001 10:24 PM[herbal remedies] Blind baby goat> Hi everyone.> I am new to this list. I do belong to some others..I have mostly> goats, but also a few sheep, donkey, llama, livestock guard dogs, 1> baby cow and chickens...along with cats.> Anyway, I just acquired a 2 month old doe who was born blind, and mom> rejected her.... They could not put her down so they started bottling> her..we took her so she could live...She is healthy in every other> aspect, but appears to be totatlly blind. She is a real sweetheart.> Anyway my question is Is there any thing I could try giving her at> the outside chance that it could maybe help her - even a little bit> to see....something. I thought about maybe trying eyebright in her> milk, or even thought about essiac, as I know it does remarkable> things but don't know that it would help with the blindness. Any> suggestions out there.... I feel I have to at least try something.>> SuziFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Suzi- thats what it sounded like, pure aloe gel nothing else in it.

Elaine

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Wednesday, July 04, 2001 6:44 PM

Elaine, Started today putting eyebright in her milk.. never heard of aloe gel --- just the regular aloe gel like you get for burns or what? Suzi elaine davis <twobears wrote: Poor little baby goat !!! I've heard even aloe gel applied to the eyes canhelp remove cataracts- I was going to put it in my husbands eyes but heresisted. So I told him to just go get an operation if he wants to do itthat way, stubborn man. No, I have never heard of essiac in the eyes, onlyto drink for internal support for humans. Eyebright and aloe gel shouldn'thurt anything anyway. Does anyone else know of anything??Elaine-Monday, July 02, 2001 10:24 PM[herbal remedies] Blind baby goat> Hi everyone.> I am new to this list. I do belong to some others..I have mostly> goats, but also a few sheep, donkey, llama, livestock guard dogs, 1> baby cow and chickens...along with cats.> Anyway, I just acquired a 2 month old doe who was born blind, and mom> rejected her.... They could not put her down so they started bottling> her..we took her so she could live...She is healthy in every other> aspect, but appears to be totatlly blind. She is a real sweetheart.> Anyway my question is Is there any thing I could try giving her at> the outside chance that it could maybe help her - even a little bit> to see....something. I thought about maybe trying eyebright in her> milk, or even thought about essiac, as I know it does remarkable> things but don't know that it would help with the blindness. Any> suggestions out there.... I feel I have to at least try something.>> SuziFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I just found this in Heinermans Encyclopedia of fruits vegetables and herbs.

Suzanne, your baby goat may simply be blind without any way to fix it. I

don't know if goat can be born with cataracts like humans can. But here is

what I read. " rubbing a little aloe gel obtained from a FRESH aloe plant

leaf with an equal small amount of juicy latex gathered from a fresh

milkweed plant, between your wet thumb and index finger until well mixed.

This mixture is then gently brushed over the cosed eyelids towards the

corners of the eye, but never under any circumstances to be rubbed into the

eyes direct!! Although applied in this manner, they seem tobe reasonably

beneficial in helping cataracts and spots on the cornea to gradually

disappear. Of course, as with anything, this may work better for some than

for others. "

(no mention in the book as to how often to do this, or if it is a one time

thing. I have no idea.)

Elaine

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Friday, July 06, 2001 10:39 PM

Elaine,

Picked up some at the health food store...I'll start putting a drop in each

eye....by the way its the same stff as you drink right?

Suzi

elaine davis <twobears wrote:

Elaine

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Started today putting eyebright in her milk.. never heard of aloe gel ---

just the regular aloe gel like you get for burns or what?

Suzi

Guest guest

Elaine,

Picked up some at the health food store...I'll start putting a drop in each eye....by the way its the same stff as you drink right?

Suzi

elaine davis <twobears wrote:

Elaine

-

Suzanne Nottmeier

herbal remedies

Elaine, Started today putting eyebright in her milk.. never heard of aloe gel --- just the regular aloe gel like you get for burns or what? Suzi elaine davis <twobears wrote: Poor little baby goat !!! I've heard even aloe gel applied to the eyes canhelp remove cataracts- I was going to put it in my husbands eyes but heresisted. So I told him to just go get an operation if he wants to do itthat way, stubborn man. No, I have never heard of essiac in the eyes, onlyto drink for internal support for humans. Eyebright and aloe gel shouldn'thurt anything anyway. Does anyone else know of anything??Elaine-Monday, July 02, 2001 10:24 PM[herbal remedies] Blind baby goat> Hi everyone.> I am new to this list. I do belong to some others..I have mostly> goats, but also a few sheep, donkey, llama, livestock guard dogs, 1> baby cow and chickens...along with cats.> Anyway, I just acquired a 2 month old doe who was born blind, and mom> rejected her.... They could not put her down so they started bottling> her..we took her so she could live...She is healthy in every other> aspect, but appears to be totatlly blind. She is a real sweetheart.> Anyway my question is Is there any thing I could try giving her at> the outside chance that it could maybe help her - even a little bit> to see....something. I thought about maybe trying eyebright in her> milk, or even thought about essiac, as I know it does remarkable> things but don't know that it would help with the blindness. Any> suggestions out there.... I feel I have to at least try something.>> SuziFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Thanks elaine. I spoke with the vet today. She said she would take a look at her but from what I described and the fact that the pupils don't dilate that she is probably going to be blind for life. But I need to get her in and find out for sure if possible, what the problem is. If indeed its cataracts, I'll try this.

Suzi elaine davis <twobears wrote: I just found this in Heinermans Encyclopedia of fruits vegetables and herbs.Suzanne, your baby goat may simply be blind without any way to fix it. Idon't know if goat can be born with cataracts like humans can. But here iswhat I read. "rubbing a little aloe gel obtained from a FRESH aloe plantleaf with an equal small amount of juicy latex gathered from a freshmilkweed plant, between your wet thumb and index finger until well mixed.This mixture is then gently brushed over the cosed eyelids towards thecorners of the eye, but never under any circumstances to be rubbed into theeyes direct!! Although applied in this manner, they seem tobe reasonablybeneficial in helping cataracts and spots on the cornea to graduallydisappear. Of course, as with anything, this may work better for some thanfor others."(no mention in the book as to how often to do this, or if it is a one timething. I have no idea.)Elaine-Suzanne Nottmeierherbal remedies Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 10:39 PMRe: [herbal remedies] Blind baby goatElaine,Picked up some at the health food store...I'll start putting a drop in eacheye....by the way its the same stff as you drink right?Suzielaine davis wrote:Suzi- thats what it sounded like, pure aloe gel nothing else in it.Elaine-Suzanne Nottmeierherbal remedies Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 6:44 PMRe: [herbal remedies] Blind baby goatStarted today putting eyebright in her milk.. never heard of aloe gel ---just the regular aloe gel like you get for burns or what?Suzi.Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

• 10 years later...

Hello, I was replying to Suzi, whom have said about blindness in a baby goat. She had mentened essiac.

If you would get colidal silver. That is an ingredient in essiac tea. Colidal silver can be put directly into the eye. It is supposed to be able to treat cataracts, pink eye and etc. Read up , this does work...I have used it in my eye for a stye.