IndiaDivine.org

Your Questions-Prof. Anil Kumar's Answers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Que-What is the goal of human life?

(311005)

Goal is futuristic. A goal is to be reached. A goal is to be attained. A goal is strenuous. A goal is stressful. A goal is doubtful. There is no goal at all. There is no goal to reach. Why? Because goal means time and space.

If the bus station is my goal, it takes ten minutes to reach it. If the bus station is the goal, there is one mile of distance. So, goal involves two. Time and space. But life is beyond time and space. How can life be purposeful and goal-oriented?

Life has no goal or purpose. We just set our own goals to reach. And once we think that we reached the goal, our ego is bloated. Once we feel that we have not reached the goal, the balloon of ego, the football of ego is deflated. So it is only an ego play, that’s all.

LIFE ITSELF IS A GOAL UNTO ITSELF

My friends, there is no goal to reach. Life is enough of a goal unto itself. We may have passed through millions of lives in the past. We may have had the life of a stone, the life of a tree, the life of a bird, the life of an animal; so many lives we went through in the past. And then we reached this human life. So this life itself is a goal unto itself.

Therefore, to think I have got another goal is emptiness. It is a void. It is an abyss in the mind. It is only a play of the ego to set goals. It is only a play of the ego to set a purpose for your life. It is not like that.

Purpose is nothing but business temperament. “I have come to Puttaparthi to say thanks to Swami that He gave me a job.†A business relationship. “I have come to Puttaparthi because I am in search of a good bridegroom for my daughter.†So see, a business.

GOAL-SETTING IS A PLAY OF EGO

So, wherever there is some purpose, there is a shadow of business. But God is not a business. At least, I am sure. I will give you some examples I know.

Swami was talking to some people. Swami started looking at a parent. “Oh! When did you come?â€

“Swami, this morning.â€

“Oh! I see. Why?â€

“Swami, my daughter is studying and…â€

“Oh! You have come for your daughter, not for Swami.†(Laughter) Finished. Finished! “You have come for your daughter, not for Swami.â€

Another instance: Swami was talking to a senior officer. “Oh, good! When did you come?â€

“Just now, Swami!â€

“Oh, I see! Why?â€

“Swami, I have come to Dharmavaram on official duty.†(Laughter)

“Oh! Office! Not for Swami.â€

This is goal-oriented. This is purpose-oriented. So, if I have some purpose, I will come. “Swami, I have come for my examination.â€

“Oh! Examination. Not for Swami.â€

Therefore my friends, the goal or purpose that we set for ourselves is nothing but the play of the ego. It is nothing but business; nothing but a transaction on the worldly plane. That is the reply I can give you.SaiSewak, Bear all and do nothing;Hear all and say nothing;Give all and take nothing;Serve all and be nothing.

Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.