IndiaDivine.org

YOUR QUESTIONS- PROF. ANIL KUMAR'S ANSWERS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Que. It seems in one of the discourses, Swami said, “You are only a puppet.” Are we puppets? How can we be puppets? It has disturbed our minds. Why? Why should we be puppets? (311005) Ans. To say, “Why should I be a puppet?” is the quality of a

puppet. (Laughter) To feel “Am I a puppet?” is the quality of the puppet. A puppet does not know that it is a puppet; whereas the Master knows that you are a puppet. Do you understand? Therefore, “why should I be a puppet?” That feeling arises out of ignorance, ajnana. To know that I am a puppet is jnana or wisdom. Wisdom lies in knowing that I am a puppet, in being aware that I am a puppet. “I am an instrument” is the awareness or knowledge. “Am I a puppet?” Good. You are a child. “Why should I be a puppet?” Very good. Himalayan ignorance! (Laughter) HIGHER LEVEL OF AWARENESS So, the real knowledge, the real awareness knows that I am a puppet and I have to dance and act in accordance with the director, the puppeteer behind it. The puppeteer goes on moving the strings and the puppets dance on the surface. They do not know why and how they dance because the puppeteer is behind, pulling the strings in different directions. Similarly, this question arises out of ignorance. This question arises due to a lack of awareness. This question arises because of our worldly nature. This question arises because of our little, simple achievements and attainments. “I am the boss of my office! Oh! Am I a puppet? Why?” Oh! I see. Being a boss is also a puppet show. (Laughter) Part of the puppet show. So, to know that I am a puppet is a higher level of awareness. SaiSewak, Bear all and do nothing;Hear all and say nothing;Give all and take nothing;Serve all and be nothing.

Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Click here to know how.