IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Maa- we are all God's children

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste all family: here is a story from Maa's autobiography demonstrating that

we are all one soul. I have paraphrased for brevity and clarity.

Maa and Swami were in India many years ago and staying in the home of a Hindu

magistrate, a devotee. The story begins on P. 168 of " Living with the Soul " .

Maa stated that she knew there would be danger one night. She was in samadhi

from 5-11PM and so many Muslim people came that night. The room was packed with

a 100 spiritual leaders from all over Bangladesh.....Muslims had entered this

Hindu's home for the first time, and they were surprised to see a shrine that

Maa had built with a Mecca shrine next to a Hindu shrine next to a Christian

shrine. Maa came out of samadhi and a name came out of her mouth. She asked that

person for a drink of pani, Muslim for water.

He was surprised that Mother knew his name and he was shaking as he got her a

glass of water and she drank from his hand.

Then she asked a Hindu boy for a glass of jal, Bengali for water. She drank that

water too.

Then she asked Swami to get her a glass of water. She drank it.

She said to all the Muslims, " Look, this water isn't doing anything to me! I

drank from a Muslim's hand, I drank from a Hindu's hand, and I drank from a

white man's hand. It is the same water. We are also the same. Why are you

fighting? Why are you trying to find out what religion each person is?

Keep the dharma of love and share this love with everybody and there will be

peace. We are all children of God.

Several Muslim leaders knelt down and cried. Everyone felt that we are one and

everyone felt good. They asked Maa to go from village to village and give this

knowledge in their country. They prayed with her and left.

How can we help bring peace to this world?

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Guest guest

Namaste,Thanks Vish for this appropo story of Maa. I have not written for some time since I returned from the Mandir as it seemed the last trip began the process of spanking out the world through a somewhat compelling process of using discernment to let go of unwanted influences. Before I left Maa asked me if I had a girlfriend. I said no, because I had a potential for one, but it was a potential I felt could and would not continue on my return. She somewhat had a mischievous look and smiled when she asked the question. little did I know the ''gf" at home was a muslim who hated my love of hinduism and in fact my passion for the spirit. She began hacking away at Maa using racist remarks against India saying that she should be my cleaning woman, ha! I put up with this behaviour because I hoped she would change, that one day she would wake up

with a different insight. I was patient. I kept having dreams of Maa very unhappy with me. Eventhough my sadhana was greatly reduced since I was banned from doing practice by my gf who hated the sound of any kind of sanskrit chanting(though then I went into silent jap). After being told that if we lived together I could never have a shrine to any goddess, or buddha, or representation, that I could never see Maa again, and that I would have to become her personal slave and enter the world of corporations, I drew the line in the sand. I still love this woman, but I cannot continue with someone who does not share my path. This is so tough when people see us as crazy for following our devotion and our divine impulse. Why all this fighting? Why should people who worship fire be burned at the stake? What is wrong with seeing God in form or matter? If we are all Gods children how can we end the prejudice of my path is greater than yours, or that all mantras,

ceremonies are nothing but mindless superstitions that are dangerous? NamasteEric--- On Tue, 4/13/10, inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote:inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Maa- we are all God's children Received: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12:51 AM

Namaste all family: here is a story from Maa's autobiography demonstrating that we are all one soul. I have paraphrased for brevity and clarity.

Maa and Swami were in India many years ago and staying in the home of a Hindu magistrate, a devotee. The story begins on P. 168 of "Living with the Soul".

Maa stated that she knew there would be danger one night. She was in samadhi from 5-11PM and so many Muslim people came that night. The room was packed with a 100 spiritual leaders from all over Bangladesh.. ...Muslims had entered this Hindu's home for the first time, and they were surprised to see a shrine that Maa had built with a Mecca shrine next to a Hindu shrine next to a Christian shrine. Maa came out of samadhi and a name came out of her mouth. She asked that person for a drink of pani, Muslim for water.

He was surprised that Mother knew his name and he was shaking as he got her a glass of water and she drank from his hand.

Then she asked a Hindu boy for a glass of jal, Bengali for water. She drank that water too.

She said to all the Muslims, "Look, this water isn't doing anything to me! I drank from a Muslim's hand, I drank from a Hindu's hand, and I drank from a white man's hand. It is the same water. We are also the same. Why are you fighting? Why are you trying to find out what religion each person is?

Keep the dharma of love and share this love with everybody and there will be peace. We are all children of God.

Several Muslim leaders knelt down and cried. Everyone felt that we are one and everyone felt good. They asked Maa to go from village to village and give this knowledge in their country. They prayed with her and left.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

Guest guest

Namaste Vish,

it's good to have you posting again, and thank you for the inspiring questions.

My answer to this one would be that first we need to establish and cultivate

peace within, so that then, from that center of peace within, we can approach

others with peace, in peace, through peace, flowing out and enveloping all

beings. 'Thus, by means of peace, all together one with the means of peace,

Ignorance is eliminated, Violence is eradicated, Improper Conduct is

eradicated'.

I have the idea that the effect of Maa's question would not have been the same

if it had come from some other person who had, perhaps, some trace of fear or

negative feelings about the other.

For me, the peace mantra helps to cultivate inner peace,

with love,

Henny

, " inspectionconnection108 "

<inspectionconnection108 wrote:

>

> Namaste all family: here is a story from Maa's autobiography demonstrating

that we are all one soul. I have paraphrased for brevity and clarity.

> Maa and Swami were in India many years ago and staying in the home of a Hindu

magistrate, a devotee. The story begins on P. 168 of " Living with the Soul " .

> Maa stated that she knew there would be danger one night. She was in samadhi

from 5-11PM and so many Muslim people came that night. The room was packed with

a 100 spiritual leaders from all over Bangladesh.....Muslims had entered this

Hindu's home for the first time, and they were surprised to see a shrine that

Maa had built with a Mecca shrine next to a Hindu shrine next to a Christian

shrine. Maa came out of samadhi and a name came out of her mouth. She asked that

person for a drink of pani, Muslim for water.

> He was surprised that Mother knew his name and he was shaking as he got her a

glass of water and she drank from his hand.

> Then she asked a Hindu boy for a glass of jal, Bengali for water. She drank

that water too.

> Then she asked Swami to get her a glass of water. She drank it.

> She said to all the Muslims, " Look, this water isn't doing anything to me! I

drank from a Muslim's hand, I drank from a Hindu's hand, and I drank from a

white man's hand. It is the same water. We are also the same. Why are you

fighting? Why are you trying to find out what religion each person is?

> Keep the dharma of love and share this love with everybody and there will be

peace. We are all children of God.

> Several Muslim leaders knelt down and cried. Everyone felt that we are one

and everyone felt good. They asked Maa to go from village to village and give

this knowledge in their country. They prayed with her and left.

>

> How can we help bring peace to this world?

>

> Jai Maa Jai Swami

>

> vishweshwar

>

Guest guest

How can we help bring peace to this world?Imagine it will be different for each of us. We all have different talents, loves and back grounds. Believe Mother WILL show each of us some special way we can serve in this manner.Ex: Have a site at this time, where there are Muslims, Christian's, BBuddhists Hindu's and Others not professing to any religion. We all share, play, learn about each others friends and families and love being together and helping each other. The prayer is that when we are asked to be at war or harm one another because of faith or anything else that because of these ties we will say no. WE are Family. NOThink that anyway we can share and unite with others of different cultures and faiths is a good way to keep peace. When we talk and share our stories we become close and see we are all the same.We have to look past our differences. This is what Mother has taught me through

Her actions. Jai MaaJai SwamijiGreatful for this wonderful question Vishweshwarji!--- On Tue, 4/13/10, inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote:inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108[www.ShreeMaa.org] Maa- we are all God's children Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 12:51 AM

Namaste all family: here is a story from Maa's autobiography demonstrating that we are all one soul. I have paraphrased for brevity and clarity.

Maa and Swami were in India many years ago and staying in the home of a Hindu magistrate, a devotee. The story begins on P. 168 of "Living with the Soul".

Maa stated that she knew there would be danger one night. She was in samadhi from 5-11PM and so many Muslim people came that night. The room was packed with a 100 spiritual leaders from all over Bangladesh.. ...Muslims had entered this Hindu's home for the first time, and they were surprised to see a shrine that Maa had built with a Mecca shrine next to a Hindu shrine next to a Christian shrine. Maa came out of samadhi and a name came out of her mouth. She asked that person for a drink of pani, Muslim for water.

He was surprised that Mother knew his name and he was shaking as he got her a glass of water and she drank from his hand.

Then she asked a Hindu boy for a glass of jal, Bengali for water. She drank that water too.

She said to all the Muslims, "Look, this water isn't doing anything to me! I drank from a Muslim's hand, I drank from a Hindu's hand, and I drank from a white man's hand. It is the same water. We are also the same. Why are you fighting? Why are you trying to find out what religion each person is?

Keep the dharma of love and share this love with everybody and there will be peace. We are all children of God.

Several Muslim leaders knelt down and cried. Everyone felt that we are one and everyone felt good. They asked Maa to go from village to village and give this knowledge in their country. They prayed with her and left.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Guest guest

I would tend to agree with you, Henny. I must search for peace within myself before I can share it with other people. How can I be an exemplar of peace if I don't have it myself? And that means I have to accept other people as they are, because they are each trying in their own way to obtain peace of mind or at least happiness. The way I develop and nurture peace within me is not going to be the same as someone else's path. Even if I think that I have the way, I cannot force it on others. My dharma is my own way of perfection, it includes things which are not the dharma of others. May I always remember that. We are all on that road, that big highway, some of us far ahead and others making their way slowly from behind.

Jai Maa!

Kumari

Re: Maa- we are all God's children

Namaste Vish,it's good to have you posting again, and thank you for the inspiring questions.My answer to this one would be that first we need to establish and cultivatepeace within, so that then, from that center of peace within, we can approachothers with peace, in peace, through peace, flowing out and enveloping allbeings. 'Thus, by means of peace, all together one with the means of peace,Ignorance is eliminated, Violence is eradicated, Improper Conduct iseradicated'.I have the idea that the effect of Maa's question would not have been the sameif it had come from some other person who had, perhaps, some trace of fear ornegative feelings about the other.For me, the peace mantra helps to cultivate inner peace,with love,Henny , "inspectionconnection108"<inspectionconnection108 wrote:>> Namaste all family: here is a story from Maa's autobiography demonstratingthat we are all one soul. I have paraphrased for brevity and clarity.> Maa and Swami were in India many years ago and staying in the home of a Hindumagistrate, a devotee. The story begins on P. 168 of "Living with the Soul".> Maa stated that she knew there would be danger one night. She was in samadhifrom 5-11PM and so many Muslim people came that night. The room was packed witha 100 spiritual leaders from all over Bangladesh.....Muslims had entered thisHindu's home for the first time, and they were surprised to see a shrine thatMaa had built with a Mecca shrine next to

a Hindu shrine next to a Christianshrine. Maa came out of samadhi and a name came out of her mouth. She asked thatperson for a drink of pani, Muslim for water.> He was surprised that Mother knew his name and he was shaking as he got her aglass of water and she drank from his hand.> Then she asked a Hindu boy for a glass of jal, Bengali for water. She drankthat water too.> Then she asked Swami to get her a glass of water. She drank it.> She said to all the Muslims, "Look, this water isn't doing anything to me! Idrank from a Muslim's hand, I drank from a Hindu's hand, and I drank from awhite man's hand. It is the same water. We are also the same. Why are youfighting? Why are you trying to find out what religion each person is?> Keep the dharma of love and share this love with everybody and there will bepeace. We are all children of God.> Several Muslim leaders knelt down and cried.

Everyone felt that we are oneand everyone felt good. They asked Maa to go from village to village and givethis knowledge in their country. They prayed with her and left.>> How can we help bring peace to this world?>> Jai Maa Jai Swami>> vishweshwar>