IndiaDivine.org

to Sivakumar about spiritualizing life vs making specific time

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sivakumar ~ to me your writings are very sincere. I think you are right. As any of us strive to constantly remember and reflect the Divine, we are only human and making a specific time and place for sadhana helps us set everything else aside to focus on That. I feel you are being too hard on yourself.

I remember long ago when I learned Transcendental Meditation, the teacher said, even if you fall asleep it is good because it is the Self giving your body what it needs to function. Sometimes I fell asleep, sometimes I didn't. But because of this cue, I didn't get upset about it. I considered it to be as the clouds of thoughts and feelings that pass one's awareness during spiritual practice. One doesn't push them away, fight then, or hold onto them. One simply lets them pass by.

If you don't already meditate, you might consider it. Studies have shown that meditation (particularly mantra meditation on a single in/out breath) is like having four hours of sleep, so perhaps you could re-invigorate yourself in this way. The right answer for you will come to you, and it will be a gift from Maa and Swamiji. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji ~ Linda

Shivakumar wrote:

....While I attempt to spiritualize my life thus, don't I need to continue to intersperse my life with those spiritualevents. Isn't there a need to beconsistent and sincere for that brief moment of time?It is in this context that sweet sleep sometimes becomes such distraction in my sadhana...