IndiaDivine.org

Doubt about kshavarams ( mudi irakkudhal or mottai to be done)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My namaskarams to vasu mama.

I have a 2 year old son. Our kula deivam is Lord Srinivasa Perumal and I heard as per ritual we have to perform kshavaram for our son 3 times. Once in tirupati, second in Sholingar and third in Veera ragahava perumal koil in Tiruvallur. We have completed the first 2 for our son. I also heard there is a fourth one to be done in our kula deivam temple near chengalpet, but the problem is no one knows where it is since my ancestors have left it many many years back.

Is kshavaram to be done compulsorily in kula deivam temple since I am not too sure when we are going to find it. Before what age these things should be completed ideally.

We could not start the first one for our son before he completed 1.5 years of age since our periappa expired in between and we were not supposed to go to tirupati for one year because of theettu.

Can you please explain the sastra's iyengar's like us follow?

Thank You

Sanjay

There is no age limit for doing "Mudi irakkudhal" to Kula deivam.

But it is better to complete all those things before the Chowlam (Upanayanam), because a brahmin should not go for "Mottai" as per shastras. So, Sama vedhins are instructed to have 'Mottai' before Upanayanam.

"You can remove the hair at any place, keep it with you and you can submit it at the Temple at the time of your convenience with some penalty" is also there in our tradition.

And you can do it at your nearest temple after tying a coin in a yellow cloth and keep it before the Picture of your Kula dheivam and pray for Kshamarpanam for not able to come, and pray I will come later

and put you some Kaanikkai.

This is another method.

nvs