IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

[Vaideekam] Fw: Cost of srardham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

An excellent idea. Kindly go ahead. Those who can afford will certainly contribute. SR--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 6:36 PM

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Monday, December 22, 2008 3:40 AM

RE: Re: Cost of srardham

Swamin,

Your proposal for e-bruhaspathy is something novel, but workable.

Kindly elucidate the expectations from e-bruhaspathy and the modalities of the whole project. I would love to take part in it.

Dasan

Raghunathan

--- On Sun, 12/21/08, chari srinivas <srivari58 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

chari srinivas <srivari58 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>RE: Re: Cost of srardhamoppiliappanSunday, December 21, 2008, 12:56 PM

Dear Shri Sadagopan

The proposal for ebruhaspati approach is indeed laudable. This will cater to many asthikas

spread throughout the globe. In fact usage of the site can also be subject to

voluntary payment and I am sure asthikas using the site will offer compensation

for the sake of maintenance and ongoing updates. We look upon knowledgeable individual

for rendering such help.

Thanks

Chariar dasan

Oppiliappan; saranagathi; Tiruvenkatam; desikasampradaya; RamanujaandDesika; ; ; Raamabhakthi; Rajeev@parakalamath am.orgCC: ahobilavalli; hindusrikanth@ gmail.comyennappan (AT) computer (DOT) netSun, 21 Dec 2008 07:48:47 -0500Fw: Re: Cost of srardham

Sri:

Dear Sri Kocchappa Iyengar :

Thanks for your mail and staying deeply interested .

Yes , Many have responded and the exchanges are good .

Time has now come to take action .

The intent in taking action and creating ways to address

the needs of sincere AasthikAs is to come up with a solution

based on modern technology ( Skype , Multimedia , Text

and Video ) so that many who long to perform SrAddhAs but

do not have access to knowledgable Brahaspathys as well as

limited by the steep costs requsted by some Bruhaspathys .

We do not plan to reduce the earnings of Bruhaspathys but

want to create a Bruhaspathy assisted performance of

annual SraaddhAs and Maasa TarpaNams etc . The thinking

on my mind is the creation of an ebruhaspathy approach , where

the karthA is assisted online . The technical problems

are addressable . Precursory instructions will be provided

so that one approaches the performance in a prepared state .

I come from a family of Bruhaspathys , whose strength was

in the Knowledge of Veda Mantraas and PrayOgams and

they earned very little .They went to extraordinary lengths

for AasthikAs to recite the Mantrams precisely and follow

the prayOgams without Mantra lObham . My grandfather

was an expert in both the Yajur and Saama Veda prayOgams .

They wer eindeed PurohitAs in the fullest sense of the term .

There are a few uncompromising Bruhaspathys , who do n ot

look upon their services as a business . SambhAvanai YathA

Sakthi can be made . Those who have can give and the others

can provide sambhAvanai within their means . Bottom line ,

Vaidhika KarmAs are carried out and mental peace is attained

thru the performance of these prescribed pitru karmAs .

It will take a little time to set this all up but can be done if

Sri Lakshmi Nrisimhan blesses us to proceed .

A Membership oriented organization has to be built

for efficent cooperation and effective scheduling .

It would be more than a full time activity for

that "ebruhaspathy " , who can perhaps be assisted

by similar minded people to ease the load on the assumption

that there will be a good usage of such services to AasthikAs .

Let me hear from you whether you like this proposal

so that I can work further on this and streamline this

process . It is a major effort and it is not worth pursuing

unless there is significant interest .

Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

Co-Moderator , Vaideekam Groups

- kochappa Iyengar

Oppiliappan

Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:27 AM

Re: Re: Cost of srardham

Adiyen is moved by the sincere response from a number of swamins on the cost of srardham and most have concurred that concern should be for reduction of cost so that people with little or moderate finance will not be driven to think of giving up the practice. However, I doubt whether most of the bruhaspathis will ever listen, as they have their own concerns. However, I prostrate to all those swamins who took the pains to spend time to ponder on the issue. Someday, solution might come.

One swami had remarked that one should understand the meaning and do the srardham. It is true but who is going to explain the detailed meaning of mantras to karthas, as bruhaspathi swamins have also have to race against time. But I request that at least if any one explain, at least briefly, the significance of the following steps in srardham, it would be of solace that the financial strain is compensated.

1.After agnisanthanm by wife and owpasanam etc., placing (dropping ) the annam with ghee in the Agni, for pithu, pitha maha, pravitha mahan, mathu pithamahi and prapithamahi.

2. Placing annam on the floor before the leaf of nimantrana swamigal, after serving food to them but before their start partaking the food.

3. Placing the rice ball to crow

4. Pinda pradhanam with water and thil after the above.

Of the above, which is very vital and really goes as food to the forefarthers, so that if some bruhaspathi rushes through and omits we can ask for?

Adiyen,

Kochappaa--- On Mon, 15/12/08, thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955@ > wrote:

thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955@ >Re: Re: Cost of srardhamOppiliappanMonday, 15 December, 2008, 9:10 PM

Respected swamy,I know one Sama vadhyar by name Sriman U.Ve.Devanatha Iyengar, he will help the person(s) who do not have sufficient money to pay to the vadhyaar. But he will get more sambhavanai whose status is high without fail.My periappa who was in Serangulam near Mannargudi. He will go to others house for srardham as "Swamin" take oil bath and food etc. But instead of sambhavanai, he will accept only " THULASI THALAM". Similarly, my mutual understanding when my periappa does srardham in his house, the swami will also take only THULASI THALAM as sambhavanai from my periappa.No one should demand money. We have to do all ceremonies by mutual understanding only.S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu--- On Tue, 9/12/08, kidambi1950 <kidambi1950@ > wrote:

kidambi1950 <kidambi1950@ > Re: Cost of srardhamOppiliappanTuesday, 9 December, 2008, 10:43 PM

Oppiliappan, "kochappaa" <kochappaa@.. .> wrote:> i accept the views expressed by Sri. Kochappa. the brahaspathis has to consider the fianancial capacity of the karthas. moreover many of the brahapathis are not even bothered to perform the rites/rituals in full and many times, if the kartha is not having any knowledge of the mantras, they skip the mantras and complete the srartham in 30 minutes. so it is time for them to relaise and come forward to help the poor brahmins. ofcourse, i am capable of meeting the demands of the vadhyars but writing this letter over my willingness that the poor should not stop the srarthams due to financial bvurden

k.r.narasimhan> Respected swamins,> I want to share a haunting thought of mine. I am a retired middle > class pensioner in Banglaore. For the past 3 or so years I find > things are becoming very costly for doing annual pitru srardhams. > The charges are like this: Rs.650 for Bruhaspathi + small coins > Rs.50, Rs.600 for 2 swmingals, Rs.700 for thaligai swami and the > provisions Rs. 600. Thus the total cost of a srardham is Rs.2600. I > have to do two per year and arrange for the srardham of my poor > sister who passed away. Many middle class bramins must be facing > this kind of music. Can any middle class person can afford such > costs? Whether any other people from other religion or even other > caste people would spend like this annually on remembering the > departed souls? Rs.500 if donated to an orphanate or oldage home > would feed atleast 25

mouths. Where is our sect heading towards. I > am sure that unless our sect wakes up and rationalise and regulate > these fleecing bruhaspathis, the whole custom of peforming such > rites would quickly vanish. It is time, our mutts start some > registered body where they should register these bruhaspahtis and > swamins and fix reasonable tariff also.> > adiyen > Kochappaa>

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.

>From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Dear Members,

Shri Kochappa has a valid reason in his concern about the future of performing such rites with the increasing cost structure. The mind and willingness is there to do it but if you do not have the money only God can help you ! But who is to blame ? Especially with the middle or lower income group this is a problem of deep concern.

Whilst it is important that Bruhaspathys earnings are kept in mind any arrangements or efforts should be to enhance their values in our society so that they get a fair deal. This is the only way to attract more into their field of service.

I am happy to note that more efforts in this direction is being initiated and with the blessings of Lord Nrusimha we should find an acceptable solution to this problem. I will be willing contributor in whatever way I can.

Best Regards

K. Vasudevan--- On Mon, 22/12/08, ramakirushnan srinivasan <sr_pon1941 wrote:

ramakirushnan srinivasan <sr_pon1941Re: [Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 8:22 AM

Dear Sir,

An excellent idea. Kindly go ahead. Those who can afford will certainly contribute. SR--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam@grou ps.comMonday, 22 December, 2008, 6:36 PM

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Swamin,

Kindly elucidate the expectations from e-bruhaspathy and the modalities of the whole project. I would love to take part in it.

Dasan

Raghunathan

chari srinivas <srivari58 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>RE: Re: Cost of srardhamoppiliappanSunday, December 21, 2008, 12:56 PM

Dear Shri Sadagopan

The proposal for ebruhaspati approach is indeed laudable. This will cater to many asthikas

for the sake of maintenance and ongoing updates. We look upon knowledgeable individual

for rendering such help.

Thanks

Chariar dasan

Oppiliappan; saranagathi; Tiruvenkatam; desikasampradaya; RamanujaandDesika; ; ; Raamabhakthi; Rajeev@parakalamath am.orgCC: ahobilavalli; hindusrikanth@ gmail.comyennappan (AT) computer (DOT) netSun, 21 Dec 2008 07:48:47 -0500Fw: Re: Cost of srardham

Sri:

- kochappa Iyengar

Oppiliappan

Adiyen is moved by the sincere response from a number of swamins on the cost of srardham and most have concurred that concern should be for reduction of cost so that people with little or moderate finance will not be driven to think of giving up the practice. However, I doubt whether most of the bruhaspathis will ever listen, as they have their own concerns. However, I prostrate to all those swamins who took the pains to spend time to ponder on the issue. Someday, solution might come.

One swami had remarked that one should understand the meaning and do the srardham. It is true but who is going to explain the detailed meaning of mantras to karthas, as bruhaspathi swamins have also have to race against time. But I request that at least if any one explain, at least briefly, the significance of the following steps in srardham, it would be of solace that the financial strain is compensated.

1.After agnisanthanm by wife and owpasanam etc., placing (dropping ) the annam with ghee in the Agni, for pithu, pitha maha, pravitha mahan, mathu pithamahi and prapithamahi.

2. Placing annam on the floor before the leaf of nimantrana swamigal, after serving food to them but before their start partaking the food.

Of the above, which is very vital and really goes as food to the forefarthers, so that if some bruhaspathi rushes through and omits we can ask for?

Adiyen,

Kochappaa--- On Mon, 15/12/08, thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955@ > wrote:

thirunarayanan swamy iyengar <nanu_04011955@ >Re: Re: Cost of srardhamOppiliappanMonday, 15 December, 2008, 9:10 PM

Respected swamy,I know one Sama vadhyar by name Sriman U.Ve.Devanatha Iyengar, he will help the person(s) who do not have sufficient money to pay to the vadhyaar. But he will get more sambhavanai whose status is high without fail.My periappa who was in Serangulam near Mannargudi. He will go to others house for srardham as "Swamin" take oil bath and food etc. But instead of sambhavanai, he will accept only " THULASI THALAM". Similarly, my mutual understanding when my periappa does srardham in his house, the swami will also take only THULASI THALAM as sambhavanai from my periappa.No one should demand money. We have to do all ceremonies by mutual understanding only.S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu--- On Tue, 9/12/08, kidambi1950 <kidambi1950@ > wrote:

kidambi1950 <kidambi1950@ > Re: Cost of srardhamOppiliappanTuesday, 9 December, 2008, 10:43 PM

Oppiliappan, "kochappaa" <kochappaa@.. .> wrote:> i accept the views expressed by Sri. Kochappa. the brahaspathis has to consider the fianancial capacity of the karthas. moreover many of the brahapathis are not even bothered to perform the rites/rituals in full and many times, if the kartha is not having any knowledge of the mantras, they skip the mantras and complete the srartham in 30 minutes. so it is time for them to relaise and come forward to help the poor brahmins. ofcourse, i am capable of meeting the demands of the vadhyars but writing this letter over my willingness that the poor should not stop the srarthams due to financial bvurden

k.r.narasimhan> Respected swamins,> I want to share a haunting thought of mine. I am a retired middle > class pensioner in Banglaore. For the past 3 or so years I find > things are becoming very costly for doing annual pitru srardhams. > The charges are like this: Rs.650 for Bruhaspathi + small coins > Rs.50, Rs.600 for 2 swmingals, Rs.700 for thaligai swami and the > provisions Rs. 600. Thus the total cost of a srardham is Rs.2600. I > have to do two per year and arrange for the srardham of my poor > sister who passed away. Many middle class bramins must be facing > this kind of music. Can any middle class person can afford such > costs? Whether any other people from other religion or even other > caste people would spend like this annually on remembering the > departed souls? Rs.500 if donated to an orphanate or oldage home > would feed atleast 25

mouths. Where is our sect heading towards. I > am sure that unless our sect wakes up and rationalise and regulate > these fleecing bruhaspathis, the whole custom of peforming such > rites would quickly vanish. It is time, our mutts start some > registered body where they should register these bruhaspahtis and > swamins and fix reasonable tariff also.> > adiyen > Kochappaa>

Guest guest

Dear Moderator/Co-moderator

I hv some strong views on "cost of srardham"My father used to say that he used to

pay only 25ps for srardham in those days when his monthy salary was only a meagre

33/-(all inclusive like basic+DA etc). Can u still pay the same to a Bruhaspathi Swamin

in these present days with so much bloated salary for an average individual. Is there

one house without washing machine and TV and Telephone. I agree with the cost of the

present day circumstances for those earning with a meagre salary of Rs..5000'/ pm it

is certainly difficult to incurr such amount.(There are such people also around us).

and can they afford to hv a Computer webcam etc?

This whole project is for those who are in for away lands and those who find it difficult

to locate a Bruhaspathi. It SHOULD BE AVAILABLE to those few even though they

are in small numbers. It is said by generation after generation Pithru Kaikaryam

cannnot be given up and therefore should not be given up.

Regards

VSR

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 6:35 PM

SrI:

Dear Members :

How many of you need teledistance

help both in India and abroad

thru the services of a "ebruhaspathy"

for your Vaidheeka Performance needs ?

Do you have any quality guidance now

on a systematic basis ?

Are you limited by lack of Bruhaspathys

in your area ? Are the cost prohibitive

to the point that you are unable to

perform these Vaidhika KarmAs ?

Do you welcome this idea ?

Please send in your comments to

go further with this idea .

Without any strong response ,

there is no point in spending

too much time for the benefit of

a non-robust , dwindling set of adhikAris

with luke warm interest in such services .

Please let us know thru this internal poll .

Thanks for your participation .

V.Sadagopan

Co-Moderator

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Guest guest

SrI:

Thank you Sriman Vasudevan :

It is an ardous undertaking .

Lot of things have to be taken into

account .

I would like other members to send in

their views instead of being "Silent Majority ".

All of Your views are most welcome . We would

make a go or no go decision by the end of the year .

NamO SrI VenkatESAya,

V.Sadagopan

-

Suvas

vaideekam

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:15 AM

Re: [Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardham

Dear Members,

Shri Kochappa has a valid reason in his concern about the future of performing such rites with the increasing cost structure. The mind and willingness is there to do it but if you do not have the money only God can help you ! But who is to blame ? Especially with the middle or lower income group this is a problem of deep concern.

Whilst it is important that Bruhaspathys earnings are kept in mind any arrangements or efforts should be to enhance their values in our society so that they get a fair deal. This is the only way to attract more into their field of service.

I am happy to note that more efforts in this direction is being initiated and with the blessings of Lord Nrusimha we should find an acceptable solution to this problem. I will be willing contributor in whatever way I can.

Best Regards

K. Vasudevan--- On Mon, 22/12/08, ramakirushnan srinivasan <sr_pon1941 > wrote:

ramakirushnan srinivasan <sr_pon1941 >Re: [Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 8:22 AM

Dear Sir,

An excellent idea. Kindly go ahead. Those who can afford will certainly contribute. SR--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam@grou ps.comMonday, 22 December, 2008, 6:36 PM

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Swamin,

Dasan

Raghunathan

Dear Shri Sadagopan

for rendering such help.

Thanks

Chariar dasan

Sri:

- kochappa Iyengar

Oppiliappan

Adiyen,

k.r.narasimhan> Respected swamins,> I want to share a haunting thought of mine. I am a retired middle > class pensioner in Banglaore. For the past 3 or so years I find > things are becoming very costly for doing annual pitru srardhams. > The charges are like this: Rs.650 for Bruhaspathi + small coins > Rs.50, Rs.600 for 2 swmingals, Rs.700 for thaligai swami and the > provisions Rs. 600. Thus the total cost of a srardham is Rs.2600. I > have to do two per year and arrange for the srardham of my poor > sister who passed away. Many middle class bramins must be facing > this kind of music. Can any middle class person can afford such > costs? Whether any other people from other religion or even other > caste people would spend like this annually on remembering the > departed souls? Rs.500 if donated to an orphanate or oldage home > would feed atleast 25 mouths. Where is our sect heading towards. I > am sure that unless our sect wakes up and rationalise and regulate > these fleecing bruhaspathis, the whole custom of peforming such > rites would quickly vanish. It is time, our mutts start some > registered body where they should register these bruhaspahtis and > swamins and fix reasonable tariff also.> > adiyen > Kochappaa>

Guest guest

Respected sadagopachar swamySub: E-bruhaspathy systemI welcome your initiative for E-Bruhaspathy. Kartha should be ready with the following items without negligence as per note.I would request you to consider the following points while executing the system. The person concerned should be ready with all the items to be kept ready in advance.1. Owpasana Kal duly pasted with "Pasumsani" and kolam on the Owpasanakal.2. 3 or 4 Bricks should be ready. The owpasana kal should be kept on the bricks to avoid the heat penetrate on the floor.3. Some quantity of sand also should be spread over in side owpasana kal..4. Cowdung cake minimum of 4 to 5 should be available alongwith "Savukku Chulli"5.

Small Kumuti

aduppu to prepare "Agni" for homam.6. Nuni Vazhai Ilai to keep "Amundhari", Vetrilai Pakku alongwith banana and Rs.10/- (Thandulam), Thiruthuzhai, Puspam etc.7. "Wooden Haul" to keep ellu and Akshathai, Homa Ghee (minimum of 4 Haul is required) 8. 2 Sombus with Ramanujam(with Koorcham). One sombu for Brahama Avahanam. Minimum of 2 Tumblers (For achamanam -Kartha & Swamy)9. Tharpams - 1 kattu10. Padha Prakshalanam - to be done near the Well. Commentary should be very good sound. Very most important is the Electricity should be available through-out the day.If anything wrong in my above statement, please pardon me. Out of my own interest, I submitted the note. REFER SRARDHA PRAYOGAM (VAIDEEKAM GROUPS):Apart from the above, the kartha can

refer the Srardha Prayogam note (nearly 60 pages with sketch wherever it is necessary) given by Vaideekam moderator which will be very useful to perform "Srardham".Adiyen Ramanuja DasanS.THIRUNARAYANAN--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 6:35 PM

SrI:

Dear Members :

on a systematic basis ?

V.Sadagopan

Co-Moderator

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Guest guest

Respected NVS swamin and Sadagopan swamin,

Your proposal is brilliant and would be a sure comfort to those who could not get bruhaspathis, either due to cost constraint

or due to other reasons. I am willing to contribute my mite for the project.

Govindakrishnan algar

2008/12/23 lakshminarasimhan lakshmanan <lakshmanan_padmaa2002

adiyensiriya vignabanam. when moderator and co-moderator are so informative on these vaidika ritual and vaidhika karmas.it has to be appreciated that they r trying to do a wonderful service to our people.

at the same time, as far as my knowledge is concerned,for the past some years these karmas were not properly done or left out by some asthigas, and due to some reasons nowadays they r showing interest in brihaspathy come to their place and perform the ritual irrespective of the cost involved and some go to places according to their capacity in the intention of doing karmas through a bruhaspathy and to entertain them and in lieu of this brihaspathis have increased in nos( sorry for saying this, even though they r not well versed in rituals).

even doing tharpanam with cassetes have reduced and at this juncture my humble sugesstion is, swamin:E - BRUHASPATHI EVENTHOUGH IT IS USEFUL FOR BUSY PEOPLE AND PEOPLE ABROAD- WHETHER THEY CAN PERFORM THE KARMAS WITH DUE PROCEDURES MENTIONED IN THE WAY OF E BRIHASPATHI

CAN THE KARMAS BE PERFORMED IN PROPERWAY WITHOUT THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A KNOWN OR UNKNOWN BRUHAS PATHYAND DUE TO TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT WHETHER THIS PROCEDURE OF E- BRUHASPATHY SHOULD BE ALLOWED OR

IT SHOULD BE AVOIDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SAVING EXISTING BRUHASPATHIS LIVELYHOOD.THE ONLY WAY OF THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER AS THEY CANNOT GO FOR JOB ANYWHERE AND EVEN AT THE RECESSION PERIOD and when - even their ego pricks not even to be a member of boktha (brahmanartham) when necessity arises.

aS A UPCOMING BRUHASPATHY IAM PUTTING HERE MY SUGGESTIONS AND DOUBTSAND IF I HAVE DONE ANY ABACHARAM BY ASKING THIS, I REQUEST SRIMAN VAdHYAR SWAMY AND SRIMAN SADAGOPAN SWAMY TO APOLOGIZE ME WITH ANANTHA KODI NAMASKARAMS

DASANLAKSHMANANNEWNO.10, OLD NO 15,DANASEKARAN CROSS STWEST MAMBALAMCHENNAI 600 0339444840854Donate blood - SAVE LIFEDonate eyes - PROVIDE VISION***Sri Lakshmanan Swamin,

Thanks for your detailed message with useful queries.First of all, we should know what is " EBruhaspathy " and what is his role and how he will act from a remote place?As myself and our respected Co - moderator Sriman Sadagopachar had some discussion about it, and (as we are) having a confidence about the possibility only this topic has been circulated.

Now I wish to share few points about the EBruhaspathy concept.A complete set of required vaidhika materials (like Yagnopaveetam, dharbhams, samit etc.) will be given to the asthika in advance. A clear diagram (or photograph) to arrange the vaidhika padi (place where the vaidhika karma to be done) will be given with the above package.

The time schedule for the particular karma will be given under several headings. A heading will not hold more than 15 minutes.A small pause time will be given at the end of every heading to get ready for next heading.

Changed diagram will be given wherever necessary.A computer (web camera, monitor & speakers) should be placed in the south east corner of that room duly connected with a web cam and internet such that the EBruhaspathy could watch all the activities done in that room.

Now it is possible to recite the necessary mantrams by the EBruhaspathy from his remote place. Also he can guide the kartha at necessary places as like as a Bruhaspathy on that spot.If necessary (for novice karthas in vaidhika karmas) a rehearsal also can be given in the previous day.

Let it be.You may noticed that,While we are going on a road with full of trees on either side of the road, at a distance, the road will appear as a dead end with full of trees as wall. But the distance of that horizon will also keep on moving while we move further.

So it is obvious, that if start a (good) thing, it will find the further way itself. Otherwise we should think that there is no support of God for this project.Man proposes God disposes. We should propose a thing, then only we could know how God disposes the thing.

You (members) are the outlet of God's disposal in this matter.dasan,nvs --

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

With the Change of Time,,l Asthigas still would like to follow the rituals.Availabilty of Bhrahaspathi's also are a problem as the Area to be covered is vast.

If the services of "ebruhaspathy" is available, the Asthigas can have the mental satisfaction of having performed their duties.

With Best Regards,

N.S.Sounderrajan--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 22 December, 2008, 6:35 PM

SrI:

Dear Members :

on a systematic basis ?

V.Sadagopan

Co-Moderator

- raghunathan r

Oppiliappan

Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0!

Guest guest

Mariyadaikkuriya Sri Sadagopan mattrum Sri Vasu Vadhyar Avargalukku,

The e-bruhaspathy is an excellent concept and would be of use to people both in

far away lands as well as for those staying in India in areas that have paucity

of Vadhyars.

As always , i truly hope that the Divya Dhampathis bless this initiative &

learned people like you whose advise & counsel greatly enhance the knowledge of

youngsters like yours truly.

Adiyen,

LakshmiNrusimhan.

As I heard,

Most of the Towns and villages are not having a Bruhaspathy. When I recently

visited to Kumbakonam there they are complaining that " We have no Vadhyars here

to perform our vaidhika karma " . There are more than 1000 srivaishnavite families

in and around Kumbakonam; but there are only bruhaspathies in single digit.

People are suffering in cities like Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Salem etc.

We should not approach this idea in the money / economic basis. We should think

about the future, day by day our community people are getting scattered to many

places of the world. We should think of the next few generation guys mentality.

They will simply say, there is no bruhaspathy available in my area, so I am

leaving the vaidhika karma. He will think and justify himself as 'that not the

fault of himself'.

After practically enjoying the benefit of this scheme only people will realize

its worth.

nvs

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

I fully agree with the Views expressed by Shriman Dr.V.Sadagopan.

In Singapore for instance the Association has to be informed for our needs and we are provided with all the facility to perform our Vaideeka ceremonys. There is a standard Charge( may be comparitively high) but it renders a Good and Quality Service.

We should have a begining on these aspects and those who are not qualified for the job should be sidelined.

Regards,

N.S.Sounderrajan.

--- On Mon, 29/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan[Vaideekam] Fw: Re: Cost of srardhamvaideekam Date: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 9:27 AM

SrI:

Dear ALL : FYI.

V.Sadagopan

- Vijayaraghavan Chakravarthy

Oppiliappan Group

Sunday, December 28, 2008 12:16 PM

Dear ShrimAn Kochhappa & other Esteemed members who have expressed their thoughts on the above subject:

These are my humble views that somewhat differ from the views expressed so far.

We all complain of the cost involved in performing Vaideeka ceremonies. We are also seeing a steady decline in anushtAnams and the aachaarams required by those who officiate in our religious ceremonies and take part in Braahmanaarthams etc., The Bruhaspathees (except a small percentage) also lack the knowledge and the Shraddha required for performing Vaideeka ceremonies correctly and (as far as possible flawlessly). Overall, the cost aspect is only a small problem associated with the performance of Vaideeka ceremonies and our focus should be to increase the quality of these activities as laid down in the Shaastraas. Also, the e-Bruhaspathy while serving a noble goal cannot replace the divine presence of a Brahmana (who practices anushTanams and aachhaarams along with the spiritual qualities of “ashta vidham

pushpamâ€), that is so vital to perform vaideeka Karmas. In the USA the problem is much more acute as temple priests who are trained in aagamaas perform Vaideeka karyams. What can we do collectively to improve the situation?

First: How we as “Lowkiikaas†have contributed to this problem: For people like Kochhappa, the question to be asked is: Am I contributing at least 3% of my income to Vaideeka Kaaryams and other charitable activities. Statistics show that we as Hindus completely lack the charitable spirit. We need to be generous and practice more wholeheartedly the spirit of giving. Otherwise our complaints have no meaning. We as Hindus need to increase the financial base for Vaideeka activities so that we attract talent and quality people to practice Vaideekam as a profession. We, who have given-up our village, our Vedic roots and the Brahmanical way of life (because of materialistic pursuits), should resist from complaining against the Vaadhyaars who apparently would also like to partake of the economic

prosperity that we all enjoy - like cell phones, tv, cars etc - and money is the medium.

Second: How can we rekindle the “lowkiikaa’s†interest in Vaideeka kaaryams?. I think the solution lies in every Sri Vaishnava Brahmana learning a minimum of Vaideeka Kaaryams along with their regular education. The matams should focus on opening summer schools (2 to 4 weeks duration) or classes (after school-hours) where children can learn simple things like performing a punyahavaachanam, Upaakarmam, Sandhya vandanam, Bhagavat aaradhanam, Agni sandhaanam, and important mantraas of upanayanam, Vivaaham and Shrarddham etc. This is the only way we can create shraddha and the high standards required to perform the Vaideeka karmas. The proposed e-bruhaspathy can certainly supplement this need but it cannot be a replacement.

Finally, no organization including matams & temples can escape the need for money to offer quality services for the people that they intend to serve. We should whole-heartedly support them (by being lavish) but at the same time demanding high quality in their performance. In my humble opinion we should have a Vaideeka Association that will recognize exceptional “Bruhaspathiis†and encourage other Bruhaspathiis to constantly improve through continuing education.

Vijayaraghavan Srinivasan Chakravarthy

Buffalo/NYS. Vijayaraghavan Buffalo/NY

Oppiliappankochappaa (AT) (DOT) co.inThu, 25 Dec 2008 11:43:42 +0530Re: Fw: Re: Cost of srardham

Sri:

Namaskaram to Sri. Sadagopan swamin.

At the outset kindly bear with the delay in my reply. My mail did not open for 3 days.

I am extremely grateful for the kind steps your goodself and Sriman nvs swamy offered. I will certainly render whatever assistance that I could do. The e bruhaspathi would be a great boon to many. I earnestly hope many asthikas will come forward to lend a helping hand.

Adiyen

Kochappaa

--- On Sun, 21/12/08, Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net> wrote:

Dr.V.Sadagopan <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>Fw: Re: Cost of srardham"Ponnappan" <Oppiliappan>, "Sgt" <saranagathi>, "SG" <Tiruvenkatam>, "DS" <desikasampradaya>, RamanujaandDesika, "Swami" <>, "IRS" <>, "RB" <Raamabhakthi>, Rajeev@parakalamath am.orgCc: "av" <ahobilavalli>, "Srikanth Veeraraghavan" <hindusrikanth@ gmail.com>Sunday, 21 December, 2008, 6:18 PM

Sri:

- kochappa Iyengar

Oppiliappan

Adiyen,

From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India.

It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same†you mean up to 70% faster. Get your account now.

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta!