IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

[Vaideekam] Reminder - Sarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vrad...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dera Sir,

Would like to know about Parivardhana Ekadasi.

Regards

Bharat.vaideekam wrote:

-----------------I am here to help you ever -----------------------To Post a message, send it to: vaideekam To Leave this group send a message to: vaideekam- ---------------------------Access Trouble? ------------------------- Be active member, Use all the features: Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Polls, calander. If you have any trouble to use the above web features; you may need to use the "Membership Wizard" to access the above web features. http://help./help/us/groups/groups-52.html Still you have problem? Do write to me.------------------------Did you know ? ------------------------------You can easily find solutions for any of your "Vaideeka" needs;Just visit http://www.ahobilam.com/ once; plenty of information there!Have nice day! With Best regards, Moderator We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.Sarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham Wednesday, September 14, 2005 Time: All DaySarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham both to be performedon this day.Ask about 'Parivardhana Ekadasi'.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Bharat :

It is one of the 24 Ekadasis in a year . In leap years , there are two more

EkAdasis . Pari is a prefix to adverbs and nouns ,which mean very much.

Vardhini means increasing .

There is plenty of literature on the names of EkAdasi , its observance in

the Internet archives .Have a google search and you will get abundant information .

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:53 AM

Re: [Vaideekam] Reminder - Sarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vrad...

Dera Sir,

Regards

Bharat.vaideekam wrote:

-----------------I am here to help you ever -----------------------To Post a message, send it to: vaideekam To Leave this group send a message to: vaideekam- ---------------------------Access Trouble? ------------------------- Be active member, Use all the features: Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Polls, calander. If you have any trouble to use the above web features; you may need to use the "Membership Wizard" to access the above web features. http://help./help/us/groups/groups-52.html Still you have problem? Do write to me.------------------------Did you know ? ------------------------------You can easily find solutions for any of your "Vaideeka" needs;Just visit http://www.ahobilam.com/ once; plenty of information there!Have nice day! With Best regards, Moderator We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.Sarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham Wednesday, September 14, 2005 Time: All DaySarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham both to be performedon this day.Ask about 'Parivardhana Ekadasi'.

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

Even earlier i had sought the learned counsel of the moderator and other knowledgable members on my following 2 queries:

(i) Is it true that when someone attains Paramapadam during the Mahalaya Paksha, he is guaranteed of Moksha and is a permanent nivasi at the lotus feet of Sriman Narayanan &

(ii)Whether it is essential to perform punyavajanam before Hiranya Shrrardham( I ask this as our vadyar says it is to be performed only for the Shrrardham, while adiyen fels that it is an intrinsic part).

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Humble Regards

Bharat.

sgopan <sgopan wrote:

Dear Sri Bharat :

It is one of the 24 Ekadasis in a year . In leap years , there are two more

EkAdasis . Pari is a prefix to adverbs and nouns ,which mean very much.

Vardhini means increasing .

There is plenty of literature on the names of EkAdasi , its observance in

the Internet archives .Have a google search and you will get abundant information .

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Monday, September 12, 2005 2:53 AM

Dera Sir,

Regards

Bharat.vaideekam wrote:

-----------------I am here to help you ever -----------------------To Post a message, send it to: vaideekam To Leave this group send a message to: vaideekam- ---------------------------Access Trouble? ------------------------- Be active member, Use all the features: Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Polls, calander. If you have any trouble to use the above web features; you may need to use the "Membership Wizard" to access the above web features. http://help./help/us/groups/groups-52.html Still you have problem? Do write to me.------------------------Did you know ? ------------------------------You can easily find

solutions for any of your "Vaideeka" needs;Just visit http://www.ahobilam.com/ once; plenty of information there!Have nice day! With Best regards, Moderator We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.Sarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham Wednesday, September 14, 2005 Time: All DaySarva Parivardhana Ekadasi, Sravana Vradham both to be performedon this day.Ask about 'Parivardhana Ekadasi'.

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

MahALaya Paksham has no special significance to Moksham , if one

shakes off the mortal coils during that time . It is Pithru Kaaryam .

For a Prapanna , the time of the day or night or period of the year has no

significance as it comes to travel to Moksham via archirAdhi Maargam .

PuNyAvAchanam is done for purifying the site for Vaidhika KarmAs .

HiraNya Sraddham is done many times at the temples . With the Saannidhyam

of the Lord , there is no need for PuNyAvachanam there. If it is done , for full

mental satisfaction , PuNyAvachanam can be done .

At temples , for Vaidhika KarmAs like PavithrOthsavam , SamprOkshaNam ,

Sri VaasudEva PuNyAvachanam is done .

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:27 AM

Respected Sir,

Even earlier i had sought the learned counsel of the moderator and other knowledgable members on my following 2 queries:

(i) Is it true that when someone attains Paramapadam during the Mahalaya Paksha, he is guaranteed of Moksha and is a permanent nivasi at the lotus feet of Sriman Narayanan &

(ii)Whether it is essential to perform punyavajanam before Hiranya Shrrardham( I ask this as our vadyar says it is to be performed only for the Shrrardham, while adiyen fels that it is an intrinsic part).

Humble Regards

Bharat.

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

Adiyen performs the Hiranya shhrdham at his graham only. In that case what will be the applicability of the Punyavachanam?You have mentioned Sri Vasudeva Punyavachanam, kindly expalin its significance. Also are there other Punyavachanams which are performed for diferent occassions.Kindly enlighten me.

Also in case of patients who leave the world either in comatose state or under heavy medications,such persons are not physically able to Chant SrInAmAm.How would the lord accept such less fortunate and physically constarined bhaktas of his.

Humble Regards

Bharat.sgopan <sgopan wrote:

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

of the Lord , there is no need for PuNyAvachanam there. If it is done , for full

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

If you are performing HiraNya Sraddham at home and are

inviting Pithrus , You can be in a preparatory mood at home

ther is no harm in doing the PunyAvAchanam . Many overseas residents

go to a Temple to do HiraNya Sraddham by the priests .

VaasudEva PuNyavaachanam is sanctioned by

the Aagamas for temple ceremonies and is elaborate . I wont be able to describe

it here . Please attend a PavithrOthsavam doen every year at different VaishNavite

Temples . Perhaps Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr can comment on this topic on his return

to his seat as Moderator .

When one is in comotose state prior to departure from here , Prabhandha and

SthOthra PaarAyaNams are done . Sri Rudran is said to chant Raama Taaraka

( Poshaka ) Naamam in to their ears at Kaasi Kshethram if the death happens there .

Anthima smruthi ( the need for or otherwise ) has been debated by our AchAryAs .

Sri VarAha Charama slOkam is a classic example of " appOthaikkippOthE Solli vaitthen "

to anticipate one's inability to hold the memory of ythe Lord during the terse last

moments , when one is incapacitated .

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:22 AM

Respected Sir,

Adiyen performs the Hiranya shhrdham at his graham only. In that case what will be the applicability of the Punyavachanam?You have mentioned Sri Vasudeva Punyavachanam, kindly expalin its significance. Also are there other Punyavachanams which are performed for diferent occassions.Kindly enlighten me.

Also in case of patients who leave the world either in comatose state or under heavy medications,such persons are not physically able to Chant SrInAmAm.How would the lord accept such less fortunate and physically constarined bhaktas of his.

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Guest guest

Respected Sir,

I am aware of the Shri Hayagriva Gayatri. Kindly share the Hayagriva Charma shLokA for the benefit of all the members.

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

it here . Please attend a PavithrOthsavam doen every year at different VaishNavite

( Poshaka ) Naamam in to their ears at Kaasi Kshethram if the death happens there .

Anthima smruthi ( the need for or otherwise ) has been debated by our AchAryAs .

Sri VarAha Charama slOkam is a classic example of " appOthaikkippOthE Solli vaitthen "

to anticipate one's inability to hold the memory of ythe Lord during the terse last

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

In haste i typed srI Hayagriva for srI Varaha.Kindly share both the chArmA shLokAs.

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

Guest guest

Hello Shri Bharat !

Though the question is addressed to Shri. Sadagopan, i take the privilege to reply your

e-mail.

The following text contains all three Charama Slokams & their brief meanings. The esoteric meanings can be acquired through kalakshepams or upanyasams by renowned authorities.

You may note that VarAha Charama SlOkam gives the essential reply to your doubt as pointed out by Shri. Sadagopan swami about people who are not able to do Narayana smaranai in their last days or moments.

Varaha Charama slOkam revealed to BhUmi Devi:

sTithE manasi susvasTE sarIrE sathi yO nara:dhAthusAmyE sTithE smarthA visvaroopam cha maamajam (1)

tatastham mriyamANam thu kAshDapAashana sannibhamaham smarAmi madhbhaktham nayaami paramAm gathim (2)

(Meaning): This whole world is my body. I have no birth or death .When devotee of Mine maintains his mind in an auspicious state , his body in he healthy state-- where the dhAthus of the body are in equipoise-- and hinks of Me in that state and seeks Me then as his firm refuge , I do one thing unique for that devotee , when he is totally unconscious like a log or stone duirng his last moments. At that time, I lead him ia archirAdhi mArgam to My Supreme abode to perform nithya kaimkaryam for Me there. This is My unfailing assurance .

SrI Raamachandra Charama SlOkam*********************************

sakruthEva prapannAya tavAsMIthi cha yAchathEabhayam sarvabhUthEbhyO dadhAmEyathath vratham Mama--Yuddha KaaNDam:18-33

(Meaning): I vouch safe protection against all living beings to him , who seeks that protection even only once from Me stating "I am Yours". To protect him without fail is My vow.

KrishNa Charama slOkam***************************

Sarva dharmAn Parithyajya MaamEkam SaraNam vrajaAham Thva Sarva paapEpbhyO mokshayishyAmi maa sucha:--Bhagavath Gita : 18.66

(meaning) Totally relinquishing all dharmAs (completely relinquishing the sense of agency , posssessiveness and fruits of actions) , seek Me alone as Your refuge. I will free You from all sins .Grieve not.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Adiyen,

Deepa Balaji.

Bharat Iyengar <iyengarbharat2003 wrote:

Dear Sir,

In haste i typed srI Hayagriva for srI Varaha.Kindly share both the chArmA shLokAs.

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Srimathy Deepa :

I deeply appreciate your help and support . Thanks .

More details about Varaha Charama SlOkam are available in

Oppiliappan and SaraNAgathy lists . Please search .

V.S

-

Deepa S

vaideekam

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:26 AM

Hello Shri Bharat !

Though the question is addressed to Shri. Sadagopan, i take the privilege to reply your

e-mail.

The following text contains all three Charama Slokams & their brief meanings. The esoteric meanings can be acquired through kalakshepams or upanyasams by renowned authorities.

You may note that VarAha Charama SlOkam gives the essential reply to your doubt as pointed out by Shri. Sadagopan swami about people who are not able to do Narayana smaranai in their last days or moments.

sTithE manasi susvasTE sarIrE sathi yO nara:dhAthusAmyE sTithE smarthA visvaroopam cha maamajam (1)

tatastham mriyamANam thu kAshDapAashana sannibhamaham smarAmi madhbhaktham nayaami paramAm gathim (2)

(Meaning): This whole world is my body. I have no birth or death .When devotee of Mine maintains his mind in an auspicious state , his body in he healthy state-- where the dhAthus of the body are in equipoise-- and hinks of Me in that state and seeks Me then as his firm refuge , I do one thing unique for that devotee , when he is totally unconscious like a log or stone duirng his last moments. At that time, I lead him ia archirAdhi mArgam to My Supreme abode to perform nithya kaimkaryam for Me there. This is My unfailing assurance .

sakruthEva prapannAya tavAsMIthi cha yAchathEabhayam sarvabhUthEbhyO dadhAmEyathath vratham Mama--Yuddha KaaNDam:18-33

(Meaning): I vouch safe protection against all living beings to him , who seeks that protection even only once from Me stating "I am Yours". To protect him without fail is My vow.

Sarva dharmAn Parithyajya MaamEkam SaraNam vrajaAham Thva Sarva paapEpbhyO mokshayishyAmi maa sucha:--Bhagavath Gita : 18.66

(meaning) Totally relinquishing all dharmAs (completely relinquishing the sense of agency , posssessiveness and fruits of actions) , seek Me alone as Your refuge. I will free You from all sins .Grieve not.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Adiyen,

Deepa Balaji.

Dear Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Dhanyosmi, swami.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Deepa Balaji.sgopan <sgopan wrote:

SrI:

Dear Srimathy Deepa :

V.S

-

Deepa S

vaideekam

Hello Shri Bharat !

e-mail.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Adiyen,

Deepa Balaji.

Dear Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Bharat Iyengar wrote:

> Respected Sir,

>

> Adiyen performs the Hiranya shhrdham at his graham only. In that case

> what will be the applicability of the Punyavachanam?You have mentioned

> Sri Vasudeva Punyavachanam, kindly expalin its significance.

Sri Vasudheva PuNyAhavAchanam is performed mainly in temples as per

Agama sAstras.

> Also are there other Punyavachanams which are performed for diferent

> occassions.Kindly enlighten me.

>

> Also in case of patients who leave the world either in comatose state

> or under heavy medications,such persons are not physically able to

> Chant SrInAmAm.How would the lord accept such less fortunate and

> physically constarined bhaktas of his.

For a PrapannA " anthima smruthi " is not required, nor the UttarAyana

kAla rule will apply. That's why for people who are in the death bed,

Aapath Prabhatthi is requsted by the dear and near from the Acharyaa.

Dasan,

Ilayavilli S Boovarahan

Guest guest

Dear Shrimati Deepa,

Accept my sincere thanks for providing a deatiled and valuable reply which will stamnd me in good stead in both iham & param.

Regards

Bharat.Deepa S <deepa_sr wrote:

Dhanyosmi, swami.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Deepa Balaji.sgopan <sgopan wrote:

SrI:

Dear Srimathy Deepa :

V.S

-

Deepa S

vaideekam

Hello Shri Bharat !

e-mail.

Jai Sriman Narayana !

Adiyen,

Deepa Balaji.

Dear Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

That is a big subject .

V.S

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Dear Sri Bharat IyengAr:

V.Sadagopan

-

Bharat Iyengar

vaideekam

Respected Sir,

Humble Regards

Bharat.

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Dear Boovarahan Sir,

Thanks for the information on AApAth prApattI.

Regards

Bharat.Boovarahan S <boova_rahan wrote:

Bharat Iyengar wrote:> Respected Sir,> > Adiyen performs the Hiranya shhrdham at his graham only. In that case> what will be the applicability of the Punyavachanam?You have mentioned> Sri Vasudeva Punyavachanam, kindly expalin its significance.Sri Vasudheva PuNyAhavAchanam is performed mainly in temples as perAgama sAstras.> Also are there other Punyavachanams which are performed for diferent> occassions.Kindly enlighten me.> > Also in case of patients who leave the world either in comatose state> or under heavy medications,such persons are not physically able to> Chant SrInAmAm.How would the lord accept such less fortunate and> physically constarined bhaktas of his.For a PrapannA "anthima smruthi" is not required, nor the UttarAyanakAla rule will apply.

That's why for people who are in the death bed,Aapath Prabhatthi is requsted by the dear and near from the Acharyaa.Dasan,Ilayavilli S Boovarahan