IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Gokulashtami,...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected Vadyar,

I wnat to know whether the Janmashtami Day is observed as a fasting day,as per tradtions.Is it supported by any Shastram or vedam or Puranam.and if so why it is observed fasting on birhday of Krishna and on Rama Navami.Again birthday of Krisha and Rama,in the epics state eloguent about jubilation of celebrating birthday,then why a fasting.Again if fasting is observed is it like Ekadasi fasting without eating any grains,Please narrate the method of fast to be observed.I used to eat fruits and milk only on Janmashtami day,But please narrate the priinciple. Regards,raman.vaideekam wrote:

-----------------I am here to help you ever -----------------------To Post a message, send it to: vaideekam To Leave this group send a message to: vaideekam- ---------------------------Access Trouble? ------------------------- Be active member, Use all the features: Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Polls, calander. If you have any trouble to use the above web features; you may need to use the "Membership Wizard" to access the above web features. http://help./help/us/groups/groups-52.html Still you have problem? Do write to me.------------------------Did you know ? ------------------------------You can easily find solutions for any of your "Vaideeka" needs;Just visit http://www.ahobilam.com/ once; plenty of information there!Have nice day! With Best regards, Moderator We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.Sri Jayanthi,Gokulashtami,Karthigai Vradham Saturday, August 27, 2005 Time: All DayToday there are three visheshams:1. Kaarthigai Vradham (Usual)2. Sri Jayanthi for Vaikanasam3. Gokulashtami for IyersNext day 'Pancharaathra Sri Jayanthi'Anybody can raise the question what is 'Vaikanasam' and'Pancharaathram'