IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I wonder ???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Really a great thought!!!With pranAmAs,HarshaOn Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM, manoram chaitanyadas <manoramjps wrote:

Dear Vaishnavas,

Dandavats Pranams!

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha.

I found this below song sourced from a collection of Vaishnava poems from a devotee classic collection. Kindly do not take this as personal and pray that you enjoy the essence.

Dasanu das,

Manoram Chaitanya das.

I  WONDER

If Our Acharya visited you,Maybe just for a day or two.and came by unexpectedly,I wonder what you'd do.

Oh, I know you'd give your nicest room,To such an honored guest,And all the food you'd offer,Would be the very best.

And you would keep assuring him,you're glad to have him there,That serving him within your home,Is a joy beyond compare.

BUT...

If you saw him coming,Would you meet him at the door,With arms outstretched to welcomethis honored visitor?

OR ...

Would you have to change your clothesBefore you let him in ?Or hide some magazinesAnd put the Gita where they'd been ?

Would you watch those mundane movies,upon your TV set ?Would you have to answer e-mailwhile he was taking rest?

Would you run to turn your music off,before it reached his ears ?And put the Thiruman on your foreheadOr bind or shave your hairs ?

Would you hide away your Gameboy,take your posters off the wall ?Would you have to hide the DVDs,you just bought at the mall ?

AND, I wonder ... If  the Acharyan spentA day or two with you,

Would you go right on doingThe things you always do ?

Would you go right on sayingThe things you always say ?Would life for you continueAs it does from day to day ?

Would you gossip with your partnerabout devotees' faults ?Would you have to re-cook dinnerWithout Onion and Garlic?

Would you sing the songs you always singAnd read the books you read ?And let him know the things on whichyour mind and spirit feed ?

Would our Acharyan  be invitedEverywhere you planed to go ?Or, would you, maybe, change your plans,Just for a day or so ?

Would you be glad to have him meetyour very closest friends?Or, would you hope they'd stay awayUntil his visit ends?

Would you be glad to have him stayForever on and on?OR ... Would you sigh with great relief,When finally he had gone ?

It might be interesting to knowThe things that you would doIf our  Acharyan, or the Lord,came to spend some time with you.