IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Need your help - interpretation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Swamin,

No issue at all. Your mail was well intentioned & the matter thereof was unexceptionable.

Regards

RR

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsanan wrote:

Swamin,My sincere apologies for not completing my last sentence. The incomplete mail was sent inadvertently and hence please ignore this. I wanted to send the reference texts before bringing in the book reference and I didn't edit it properly.

dAsan,Sudarsanan

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Santhanam Sudarsanan <santhanam.sudarsanan wrote:

Dear Swamin,I am not qualified enough to speak on this subject, but thought of sharing my views based on my previous interactions with learned elders on this subject:1. In case the 'kartha' needs to perform a subha kAryam (like marriage etc...), he needs to perform all the outstanding monthly ceremonies (mAsikams) before the subha kAryam (aakarshanam). I think generally this is performed as hiranya roopam, though, this needs to be clarified. 2. In case the 'kartha' is doing ceremonies for his parents (mAtA, pitA) then he has to continue doing the outstanding mAsikams as per schedule after the subha kAryam even after performing step 1.3. In case the 'kartha' is doing ceremonies for others then he need not perform the outstanding mAsikams after step 1.

4. There is no 'kAmokArshit' japa in the year of parent's demise5. upAkarma is not mandated by scriptures, though elders prefer to do it as a non-function (I mean they don't do it in a group and don't celebrate it as a festival).

The first 4 points can be verified in the book 'pitru meda sAra prasna' for which our Srikaryam Swami

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM, RR <shrirr wrote:

Swamin,

This is an oft repeated question - a very good question at that. Let adiyen answer this as well as I can.

It is assumed that you are referring to an immediate FAMILY member requiring 10 days' Nithya Veedhi, EkOthishtam {11th day}, Sodha Kumbam, Sapeendi KaraNam {12th day}  & Subha SweekAram {13th day},

The last named is performed after Thiruvaimozhi is recited starting from the evening of the 12th day & completing on the 13th day {also Upanishads are recited}.

The very name Subha SweekAram means that the Kartha has successfully & satisfactorily completed the Pithru OR Mathru Kainkaryams,

On that day, we call all relatives/friends, offer them Thadeearadhanam & then offer them மஞà¯à®šà®³à¯ கà¯à®™à¯à®•à¯à®®à®®à¯ & வெதà¯à®¤à®¿à®²à¯ˆ பாகà¯à®•à¯ தாமà¯à®ªà¯‚லமà¯,

This is a Symbol of Auspiciousness,

This enables & empowers him/her to plan & to conduct all functions such as Marriage, Upanayanam/ Brahmopadesam, Seemantham, Griha Pravesam, Ayush Homam, ஜாத கரணம௠நாம கரணம௠etc.,

There is some grey area regarding Upanayanam/ Brahmopadesam as " purists " {with no stake on hand} may object, BUT a Muhurtham has been fixed, Hall Rents have been paid etc., - this cannot & need NOT be stopped,

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO - I) கடலாடி மலை à®à®±à®•à¯à®•à¯‚டாதà¯, II) means NO Sethu Snanam, NO Thirumala/Kanchi/Mel Ahobilam or such Divya/Abhimana Stalams atop such Hills, III) NO KOLAMS IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE TILL வரà¯à®·à®¾à®ªà¯à®¤à®¿à®•à®®à¯, IV) NO CELEBRATIONS OF FESTIVALS LIKE SRI JAYANTHI, DEEPAVALI, PONGAL ETC.,

BUT, IF SUMANGALIS VISIT YOU ON ANY OF THESE DAYS - INVITED OR OTHERWISE - YOU MUST DEFINITELY OFFER THEM மஞà¯à®šà®³à¯ கà¯à®™à¯à®•à¯à®®à®®à¯ & வெதà¯à®¤à®¿à®²à¯ˆ பாகà¯à®•à¯ தாமà¯à®ªà¯‚லம௠- NO BAR WHATSOEVER ON THIS,  

There is some expert opinion awaited on Upa KarmA - let adiyen come back on that later - BUT GAYATHRI JAPAM IS A MUST.

Daasan RR

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Badri Narayanan <tebadri wrote:

Dear RR Swami,Iam Badri Narayanan , belonging to Thiruvallur Eachambadi Vamsam.I need your help for query below.When some one in family attains Acharyan Thiruvadi, Can any function be planned and held before VarshaAapdeekam.

My interpretation is that no function can be planned and held.  There could be rules and some exceptions, but i dont want to consider exceptions as referenceCould you pl clarify my doubt..Thanks,Badri

-- Heartfelt thanks & Warmest RegardsRR___________________________R Rajagopal,Managing Partner,ARAVIND LABORATORIES,New No 11, Old No 7,Chakrapani Street,Chennai 600 033.

INDIAPh: 9144 2483 8585 - Office     9144 2249 1971 - Factory     9144 2484 0468 - Fax     9193850 50002 - Mobile,     9194440 57848 - Mobile ___________________________Please visit us at:

http://www.eyetex.com

-- Heartfelt thanks & Warmest RegardsRR___________________________R Rajagopal,Managing Partner,ARAVIND LABORATORIES,New No 11, Old No 7,Chakrapani Street,Chennai 600 033.

INDIAPh: 9144 2483 8585 - Office     9144 2249 1971 - Factory     9144 2484 0468 - Fax     9193850 50002 - Mobile,     9194440 57848 - Mobile ___________________________Please visit us at:

http://www.eyetex.com