IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Divya Desams in Kerala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples

in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.

What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details

about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the

divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in

Tamilnadu.

Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State

and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these

temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be

appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the

details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi.

Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know

the details.

In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.

Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in

all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.

One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106

divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams

of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims.

Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses

is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.

Dasan

Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.

Guest guest

Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of

my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they

were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple

management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came

in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam

etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom

itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would

benefit.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:

>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen

temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram

Sanatorium.

>

>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details

about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the

divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in

Tamilnadu.

>

>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their

State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit

these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be

appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the

details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi.

>

>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know

the details.

>

>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.

>

>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in

all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.

>

>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106

divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams

of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims.

Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses

is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.

>

>

>Dasan

>

>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.

>

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :

Sriman K.S.Jegennathan's recent series on Dinam oru dhivya desam provides

significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams

including the Paasurams and stala purANams . Our Sri Hayagrivan ebook

ghOshti will be adding meaning to the Paasurams of Swamy NammAzhwAr ,

Thirumangai and KulasEkharar on

these dhivya dEsa EmperumAns soon and make the content available as a DVD .

All visitors to these ancient

Kerala temples for Sriman narayanan are requested to send photo and video

materials on utsvams and other archival material to Sriman Jegennathan for

an expanded outreach .

One important matter to remember is that the priests at the MalayALam

temples follow Taantric method of

AarAdhanam and do not follow the VaishNavite Aagama method of worship (

Paancha Raatra or VaikhAnasa Aagamam ) , which is used in almost all of the

other dhivya desams . The priests at these MalayALam temples are known for

their High degree of observance of AachAram and have maintained their

special traditions .

NamO SrI NrisimhAya,

V.Sadagopan

-----------------

" Sreeram Iyer " <sreeram_iyer2004

Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:45 AM

Re: Divya Desams in Kerala

> Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala

> most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never

> knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in

> Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know

> of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you

> expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit,

> could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they

> could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.

>

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:

>

>>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen

>>temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram

>>Sanatorium.

>>

>>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any

>>details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important

>>features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all

>>the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.

>>

>>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their

>>State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely

>>visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It

>>would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make

>>available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and

>>Hindi.

>>

>>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to

>>know the details.

>>

>>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.

>>

>>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in

>>Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.

>>

>>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all

>>the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the

>>sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide

>>the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the

>>pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the

>>pilgrimage.

>>

>>

>>Dasan

>>

>>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.

>>

---

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :

Pl log on to http://www.skyaasoori.shutterfly.com/dinamorudivyadesam Here you can download significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams including the Paasurams and stala purANams .

Hare Rama:

Thirukkudanthai

K.S.Jegennaathan

098412 36647

VS <yennappan Cc: ks.jegennaathan; Oppiliappan ; saranagathi ; Sent: Sun, 11 April, 2010 6:11:01 PMRe: Divya Desams in KeralaSrI:Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :Sriman K.S.Jegennathan's recent series on Dinam oru dhivya desam provides significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams including the Paasurams and stala purANams . Our Sri Hayagrivan ebook ghOshti will be adding meaning to the Paasurams of Swamy NammAzhwAr , Thirumangai and KulasEkharar onthese dhivya dEsa EmperumAns soon and make the content

available as a DVD . All visitors to these ancientKerala temples for Sriman narayanan are requested to send photo and video materials on utsvams and other archival material to Sriman Jegennathan for an expanded outreach .One important matter to remember is that the priests at the MalayALam temples follow Taantric method ofAarAdhanam and do not follow the VaishNavite Aagama method of worship ( Paancha Raatra or VaikhAnasa Aagamam ) , which is used in almost all of the other dhivya desams . The priests at these MalayALam temples are known for their High degree of observance of AachAram and have maintained their special traditions .NamO SrI NrisimhAya,V.Sadagopan-----------------"Sreeram Iyer" <sreeram_iyer2004Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:45

AMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala> Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:> >> During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram

and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.>> >> What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>> >> Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi.>> >> Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.>> >> In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>> >>

Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>> >> One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.>> >> >> Dasan>> >> Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>> > > > > > > > ---> >

Guest guest

sir

one more request if not pertinent. I have had the opportunity to vist the divyadesams in kerala but what is missing is that no information boards are available in the temple premises either in english or tamil. If any of our asthana vidwans who have influence over the temple administration can request with prior permision instal well documented information about the temple in english or tamil. This would help all visitors to know about the temple and its glories.

can someone do any help in this regard

RAJARAMAN

Jegennaathan K.S. <ks.jegennaathanVS <yennappan; Cc: Oppiliappan ; saranagathi ; ; sreeram_iyer2004Sent: Sun, 11 April, 2010 7:32:24 PMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala

Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :

Pl log on to http://www.skyaasoo ri.shutterfly. com/dinamorudivy adesam Here you can download significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams including the Paasurams and stala purANams .

Hare Rama:

Thirukkudanthai

K.S.Jegennaathan

098412 36647

VS <yennappan (AT) computer (DOT) net>Cc: ks.jegennaathan@ .in; Oppiliappan; saranagathi; Sun, 11 April, 2010 6:11:01 PMRe: Divya Desams in KeralaSrI:Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :Sriman K.S.Jegennathan' s recent series on Dinam oru dhivya desam provides significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams including the Paasurams and stala purANams . Our Sri Hayagrivan ebook ghOshti will be adding meaning to the Paasurams of Swamy NammAzhwAr , Thirumangai and KulasEkharar onthese dhivya dEsa EmperumAns soon and make the

content available as a DVD . All visitors to these ancientKerala temples for Sriman narayanan are requested to send photo and video materials on utsvams and other archival material to Sriman Jegennathan for an expanded outreach .One important matter to remember is that the priests at the MalayALam temples follow Taantric method ofAarAdhanam and do not follow the VaishNavite Aagama method of worship ( Paancha Raatra or VaikhAnasa Aagamam ) , which is used in almost all of the other dhivya desams . The priests at these MalayALam temples are known for their High degree of observance of AachAram and have maintained their special traditions .NamO SrI NrisimhAya,V.Sadagopan------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --"Sreeram Iyer" <sreeram_iyer2004@

>Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:45 AM<>Re: Divya Desams in Kerala> Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.> > On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:> >> During the last week, we joined

the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.>> >> What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>> >> Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi.>> >> Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.>> >> In this,

Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>> >> Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>> >> One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.>> >> >> Dasan>> >> Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>> > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Guest guest

My suggestion is for the Travancore Dewaswom to have the details made available in the temple premises, in Malayalam, Hindi or English so that pilgrims can have the pleasure of worshipping the deity with more relevance. I am not in the question of performing the poojas by the priests in their own methods and ways.

Sevel Krisha Iyengar

18 Thiruvengadam Street Extensions

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670

CC: ks.jegennaathan; Oppiliappan ; saranagathi ; From: yennappanDate: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:41:01 -0400Re: Divya Desams in Kerala

SrI:Dear Sri Sreeram Iyer :Sriman K.S.Jegennathan's recent series on Dinam oru dhivya desam provides significant assembly of information on the MalyALa Naattu dhivya dEsams including the Paasurams and stala purANams . Our Sri Hayagrivan ebook ghOshti will be adding meaning to the Paasurams of Swamy NammAzhwAr , Thirumangai and KulasEkharar onthese dhivya dEsa EmperumAns soon and make the content available as a DVD . All visitors to these ancientKerala temples for Sriman narayanan are requested to send photo and video materials on utsvams and other archival material to Sriman Jegennathan for an expanded outreach .One important matter to remember is that the priests at the MalayALam temples follow Taantric method ofAarAdhanam and do not follow the VaishNavite Aagama method of worship ( Paancha Raatra or VaikhAnasa Aagamam ) , which is used in almost all of the other dhivya desams . The priests at these MalayALam temples are known for their High degree of observance of AachAram and have maintained their special traditions .NamO SrI NrisimhAya,V.Sadagopan-----------------"Sreeram Iyer" <sreeram_iyer2004 >Sunday, April 11, 2010 1:45 AMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala> Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala > most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never > knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in > Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know > of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you > expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, > could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they > could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.>> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:>>>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen >>temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram >>Sanatorium.>>>>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any >>details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important >>features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all >>the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>>>>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their >>State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely >>visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It >>would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make >>available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and >>Hindi.>>>>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to >>know the details.>>>>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>>>>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in >>Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>>>>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all >>the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the >>sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide >>the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the >>pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the >>pilgrimage.>>>>>>Dasan>>>>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>>>>>>>>> --->>

Guest guest

thanks for the message. adiyen has been trying to get the book on all the divyadesam with respective pasurams for each divyadesam. until date my efforts has been futille. i would

be very much obliged if somebody could suggest the book or send the pasurams sung by each alwar divyadesam wise.

kindly help

regards k.srinivasan bangalore 94480 85546adiyan sri vasan--- On Sun, 4/11/10, Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004 wrote:

Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004Re: Divya Desams in Kerala Date: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 11:15 AM

Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.>>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the

divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi. >>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.>>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala

puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.>>>Dasan>>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>

Guest guest

Dear Sri vasan swamy,By the grace of Perarulalan, Swamy Jegennaathan K.S. had already done what you wanted.He has not only kept us informed about the Divya Desams but also has an archive of all the articles he has posted. They are available in the following location http://skyaasoori.shutterfly.com/dinamorudivyadesam Hope the visit to the archive would answer all your carvings.Dhasan,Kausik SasarathyJegennaathan swamy, apologies, I have considered myself as the little squirrels in Ramayanam and have done my humble kainkaryam in spreading Emperumans fame. More details of my interest in http://www.kausiksarathy.blogspot.com/ krishnamachari srinivasan <krishsriravi Sent: Mon, April 12, 2010 5:57:00 PMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala

thanks for the message. adiyen has been trying to get the book on all the divyadesam with respective pasurams for each divyadesam. until date my efforts has been futille. i would

be very much obliged if somebody could suggest the book or send the pasurams sung by each alwar divyadesam wise.

kindly help

regards k.srinivasan bangalore 94480 85546adiyan sri vasan--- On Sun, 4/11/10, Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004@ > wrote:

Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004@ >Re: Divya Desams in KeralaSunday, April 11, 2010, 11:15 AM

Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.>>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the

divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi. >>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.>>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala

puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.>>>Dasan>>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>

Guest guest

Sri Krishnamachari Srinivasan

The book on all 108 divyadesams by Author Ms M.S.Ramesh is avaiable at TTD information centre at T.Nagar/Tirupathi, I also have a set of entire collection(8 books set),you can try same at bangalore TTD information centre as well.

Thanks & regards

mehuldavey.

krishnamachari srinivasan <krishsriravi Sent: Mon, 12 April, 2010 8:27:00 PMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala

kindly help

regards k.srinivasan bangalore 94480 85546adiyan sri vasan--- On Sun, 4/11/10, Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004@ > wrote:

Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004@ >Re: Divya Desams in KeralaSunday, April 11, 2010, 11:15 AM

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php

Guest guest

Namaskaram I would like to share a few points. The DDs are classified as malai naadu, thondai naadu, nadu naadu,chola naadu, pandya naadu and vada naadu. Of all the major numbers falls in to chola naadu itself! And Thirumangai alhwar is the great soul responsible for so many temples to be counted as DD!The classification is based on regions with respect to tamilnadu. One can be wondered if they could trace out Thirumalai Thirupathi as vada naadu, since it is north to Tamilnadu.It is because the count 108 signifies the places where alhwars sang hymns! Only when the temple is sung by them it becomes a DD! Rest all considered as abimanasthalam. A beauty an alzhwar's birth place itself is

mylapore but madava perumal koil doesnt fall under the category!!Since paasuram all are in tamil, the other places people are less aware of it! It really happens. You can even notice people residing near to mathura or any other DD in north would have not heard even about Parthasarathi perumal temple! The same applies to kerala, andhra etc.. But still encouraging them to come to all temples is a good idea!Hope this should be the reason for the people to be unaware of such temples!regardsSreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004 Sent: Sun, 11 April, 2010 11:15:24 AMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala

Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:

>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.

>

>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.

>

>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi.

>

>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.

>

>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.

>

>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.

>

>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.

>

>

>Dasan

>

>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.

>

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Guest guest

Namaskaram

The views expressed by you is quite opt and understandable. The pasurams are in tamil and other people may not even aware of such pasurams nor they are intrested. They visit these temples as it happens to be located in their place of residence. But for vaishnavites, these 108 divyadesams are to their heart and would always love to visit them subject to their capacity and capabilities. But when they do visit, they would like to know the significant of the place, temple and the deuity. Every place is connected to the puranas.

I have seen a board in ENGLISH in all these 11 divyadesams in Kerala indicating, the lsi of divyadesams situated in Kerala ( all the 11 temples). I wish that the Travancore Dewaswom Board take the initiative to exhibit a board in English, giving the details of the temple, name of the presiding deity, name of the goddess, name of the vimanam and pushkarini and small brief of the sthala puranam along with the names of the Azhwars who did mangalasasanam. This would help the devotees to know more about the temple.

adiyen

Sevel.V.Krishnan

18 Thiruvengadam Street Extensions

East Raja Annamalaipuram

Chennai 600028

Landline 24617660

mobile 99400 95670

From: sindhusarathiDate: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:37:14 -0700Re: Divya Desams in Kerala

Namaskaram

I would like to share a few points. The DDs are classified as malai naadu, thondai naadu, nadu naadu,chola naadu, pandya naadu and vada naadu. Of all the major numbers falls in to chola naadu itself! And Thirumangai alhwar is the great soul responsible for so many temples to be counted as DD!The classification is based on regions with respect to tamilnadu. One can be wondered if they could trace out Thirumalai Thirupathi as vada naadu, since it is north to Tamilnadu.It is because the count 108 signifies the places where alhwars sang hymns! Only when the temple is sung by them it becomes a DD! Rest all considered as abimanasthalam. A beauty an alzhwar's birth place itself is mylapore but madava perumal koil doesnt fall under the category!!Since paasuram all are in tamil, the other places people are less aware of it! It really happens. You can even notice people residing near to mathura or any other DD in north would have not heard even about Parthasarathi perumal temple! The same applies to kerala, andhra etc.. But still encouraging them to come to all temples is a good idea!Hope this should be the reason for the people to be unaware of such temples!regards

Sreeram Iyer <sreeram_iyer2004 > Sent: Sun, 11 April, 2010 11:15:24 AMRe: Divya Desams in Kerala

Just to share with you the perspective of a Keralite. I lived in Kerala most of my life and have offered prayers in many of the temples, never knowing that they were one among divya desams. Thats because no one in Kerala including the temple management are aware of that. I came to know of Divya Desams only after I came in to Tamilnadu. On the need you expressed to know about Thayar s name, vimanam etc, during your visit, could you make this request to the temple devaswom itself? Possibly they could work on your request and every devotee would benefit.On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:49 IST SEVEL KANNAN wrote:>During the last week, we joined the pilgrimage visit to all the thirteen temples in Kerala, arranged by Sri Sriram and his son Kannan from Tambaram Sanatorium.>>What I have observed in all the temples in Kerala, the absence of any details about the deity, thayar, type of the vimanam and other important features of the divyadesam. These details one can find in all most all the ancient temples in Tamilnadu.>>Kerala should feel proud that 11 of the divyadesams are situated in their State and every Vaishnavan from throughout the Country would definitely visit these temples in their anxiety to complete the 108 divyadesams. It would be appropriate if the authorities governing these temples make available, the details of the temple, deity, thayar and etc., in Tamil and Hindi. >>Every pilgrim may not have the book in their hand about 108 divyadesams to know the details.>>In this, Kerala should follow the foot steps of Tamilnadu.>>Similarly, the HRE department in TN also make available the details in Hindi in all the temples ( divyadesams) in Tamilnadu.>>One another suggestion to Sri Sriram and sri Kannan- having visited all the 106 divyadesams almost twice a Year, I am sure they are aware of the sthala puranams of the temples and should hence be in a position to guide the pilgrims. Alternatively, they can take a priest along with the pilgrims and the expenses is shared by all the devotee participants of the pilgrimage.>>>Dasan>>Sevel Krishnan Iyengar.>

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.