IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Need guidance - 7 divya desams in and around chennai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Shri Srinivasan,

Please contact me on reaching Chennai. I will be able to help.

My Cell No: +919840017492 S RAJAGOPALAN

Regards,

S RAJAGOPALAN--- On Thu, 15/5/08, S. Srinivasan <ssrini74 wrote:

S. Srinivasan <ssrini74 Need guidance - 7 divya desams in and around chennai , "OPPILIAPPAN" <oppiliappan, Date: Thursday, 15 May, 2008, 2:54 PM

Namaskaram,I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai thisweekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in andaround Chennai during the weekend which are:58.Thiru ninRavUr 59.ThiuvaLLur 60.ThiruvallikkENi 61.Thiruneermalai 62.Thiru idavendhai 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) 64.Sholingur As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance fromthe egroup members on planning the route for the same.Regards,S. Srinivasan

Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof.

Guest guest

Respected Srinivasa Iyengar swamin, I am giving the details and pucca route for the following 7 divyadesams. Kindly go and have a good darshan. Can you please tell me where you are staying in chennai. Wherever you stay in and around chennai, please follow the route. 58.ThiruninRavUr Route No.1 - You can come to Chennai Central Railway station - there is a train facility upto Tiruvellore / Arakkonam / Tirutani. You can get down at Tiruninravur Railway Station. From there, you can ask for the Temple side. You can go by Auto at a Cost of Rs.20/- only. Perumal Thirunamam: BHAKTHAVATSALAN - Thayar : Enna Petra Thayar. 59.ThiruvaLLur You can follow the same

route as said above. You can go to Thiruvallur directly. There is bus facility from Trivellore called RAILADI TO THERADI. Bus Fare Rs.4/- only. Perumal : Vaidya Veeraghava Perumal Thayar : Kanakavalli thayar. You can club both divyadesam in one day THIRUVELLORE & THIRUNINRAVOOR. 60.ThiruvallikkENi If you are staying near by T.Nagar, West Mambalam, K.K.Nagar. there is a bus from T.Nagar Bus stand Route no.12, 13 and 13B. You can get down at ICE HOUSE (OR) TRIPLICANE. From there it is walkable distance to Parthasarathy Temple. Perumal : Moolavar : Venkatakrishnan - Utsavar - Parthasarathy Thayar : Vedavalli Thayar. 61.Thiruneermalai You can catch buses plying between Tambaram and High Court - get down at Pallavaram Bus stop - From Pallavaram you can bus No.55 (or) 55A (M55) which goes to Thiruneermalai directly. Thiruneermalai Temple is the Terminus. You can reach nearby - Fare would be Rs.4/- only. Perumal : Moolavar Ranganathan swamy - Utsavar - Neervannan - thayar - Animamalar Mangai Thayar 62.Thiru idavendhai You can clube both Thirukkadal Mallai and Thiru idavendhai : Both on the same route. There is a Bus from Koyembedu Bus stand - to go to Mamalla Puram - the temple is very nearest to the Bus stand. On the way returning to Chennai - there is a Divyasthalam called Thiru idavendhai - Nithya Kalyana Perumal -

Thirukadal mallai - Sthalasayana Perumal. There is route bus to Kalpakkam and direct buses are also available upto Mamallapuram. 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) Route and other details are as above 64.Sholingur : There are two ways to reach Sholinghur - One way to go to Arakkonam beyond Trivellore - From there you can catch so many bus passes through to Sholinghur. Another way from Koyembedu Bus stand - Chennai to Sholinghur. It reaches sholinghur directly. There are two hills - One big is Narasimha Perumal - Walkable distance from the main road

- (or) you can catch small vehicle with Rs,.2/- bus fare upto hill. You can have prokshanam of Thakkan Kulam Pond nearby from the main road before proceeding to hill. another hill - Anjaneyar swamy - Chinna Malai. Have a good darshan. Utsavar Perumal Sannadhi - Akkara Kani. It is in the town area. You can go by an Auto. Adiyen Ramanujadasan S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu. Pl.Note: If you have any doubt in this regard, you can feel free to ask me through 044-23719180 (or) through - E-mail. "S. Srinivasan" <ssrini74 wrote: Namaskaram,I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai thisweekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in andaround Chennai during the weekend which are:58.Thiru ninRavUr 59.ThiuvaLLur 60.ThiruvallikkENi 61.Thiruneermalai 62.Thiru idavendhai 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) 64.Sholingur As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance fromthe egroup members on planning the route for the same.Regards,S. Srinivasan

Guest guest

SrI:

Dear Sri Thirunarayanan Swamy :

Many thanks for your quick and detailed

response .This kind of rsponse makes

Oppiliappan Group a special one to perform

Kaimakryams for BhagavAn and His BhAgavathAs .

V.Sadagopan

Moderator , Oppiliappan Group

-

thirunarayanan swamy iyengar

Oppiliappan

Cc: ssrini74

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:36 AM

Re: Need guidance - 7 divya desams in and around chennai

Respected Srinivasa Iyengar swamin,

I am giving the details and pucca route for the following 7 divyadesams. Kindly go and have a good darshan. Can you please tell me where you are staying in chennai. Wherever you stay in and around chennai, please follow the route.

58.ThiruninRavUr

Route No.1 - You can come to Chennai Central Railway station - there is a train facility upto Tiruvellore / Arakkonam / Tirutani. You can get down at Tiruninravur Railway Station. From there, you can ask for the Temple side. You can go by Auto at a Cost of Rs.20/- only.

Perumal Thirunamam: BHAKTHAVATSALAN - Thayar : Enna Petra Thayar.

59.ThiruvaLLur

You can follow the same route as said above. You can go to Thiruvallur directly. There is bus facility from Trivellore called RAILADI TO THERADI. Bus Fare Rs.4/- only.

Perumal : Vaidya Veeraghava Perumal Thayar : Kanakavalli thayar.

You can club both divyadesam in one day THIRUVELLORE & THIRUNINRAVOOR.

60.ThiruvallikkENi

If you are staying near by T.Nagar, West Mambalam, K.K.Nagar. there is a bus from T.Nagar Bus stand Route no.12, 13 and 13B. You can get down at ICE HOUSE (OR) TRIPLICANE. From there it is walkable distance to Parthasarathy Temple.

Perumal : Moolavar : Venkatakrishnan - Utsavar - Parthasarathy

Thayar : Vedavalli Thayar.

61.Thiruneermalai

You can catch buses plying between Tambaram and High Court - get down at Pallavaram Bus stop - From Pallavaram you can bus No.55 (or) 55A (M55) which goes to Thiruneermalai directly. Thiruneermalai Temple is the Terminus. You can reach nearby - Fare would be Rs.4/- only.

Perumal : Moolavar Ranganathan swamy - Utsavar - Neervannan - thayar - Animamalar Mangai Thayar

62.Thiru idavendhai

You can clube both Thirukkadal Mallai and Thiru idavendhai : Both on the same route. There is a Bus from Koyembedu Bus stand - to go to Mamalla Puram - the temple is very nearest to the Bus stand. On the way returning to Chennai - there is a Divyasthalam called Thiru idavendhai - Nithya Kalyana Perumal - Thirukadal mallai - Sthalasayana Perumal. There is route bus to Kalpakkam and direct buses are also available upto Mamallapuram.

63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram)

Route and other details are as above

64.Sholingur :

There are two ways to reach Sholinghur - One way to go to Arakkonam beyond Trivellore - From there you can catch so many bus passes through to Sholinghur.

Another way from Koyembedu Bus stand - Chennai to Sholinghur. It reaches sholinghur directly.

There are two hills - One big is Narasimha Perumal - Walkable distance from the main road - (or) you can catch small vehicle with Rs,.2/- bus fare upto hill. You can have prokshanam of Thakkan Kulam Pond nearby from the main road before proceeding to hill.

another hill - Anjaneyar swamy - Chinna Malai. Have a good darshan.

Utsavar Perumal Sannadhi - Akkara Kani. It is in the town area. You can go by an Auto.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan

S.THIRUNARAYANAN of Karappangadu.

Pl.Note: If you have any doubt in this regard, you can feel free to ask me through 044-23719180 (or) through - E-mail.

"S. Srinivasan" <ssrini74 wrote:

Namaskaram,I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai thisweekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in andaround Chennai during the weekend which are:58.Thiru ninRavUr 59.ThiuvaLLur 60.ThiruvallikkENi 61.Thiruneermalai 62.Thiru idavendhai 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) 64.Sholingur As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance fromthe egroup members on planning the route for the same.Regards,S. Srinivasan

Guest guest

Hi , I am Vinod Kumar residing in chennai and give u some guidance about the seven divya desams . I have not yet visited thiruvendathai whereas the rest six i have visited. You can visit Thirunindravur , Tiruvallur and Sholingur in one day.If you visit Sholingur u wil not be able to go any place after that because sholingur has nearly 1940 steps.You will get terrible leg pain. The timings for the six temples except sholingur is from 7AM - 12PM and from 4PM to 8PM but for sholingur is only from 7AM - 4PM no break in between . You can plan for thiruneermalai and thiruvelkani one morning and in the evening u can go to thiruvedanthai or if u start veery early from u r house u can visit all the three in the morning itself. Please be free to ask questions if u r not clear on

this. Regards Vinod Kumar Wudali.ivasan" <ssrini74 wrote: Namaskaram,I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai thisweekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in andaround Chennai during the weekend which are:58.Thiru ninRavUr 59.ThiuvaLLur 60.ThiruvallikkENi 61.Thiruneermalai 62.Thiru idavendhai 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) 64.Sholingur

As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance fromthe egroup members on planning the route for the same.Regards,S. Srinivasan

Guest guest

Swamin,

If you are going by car first you visit Sholingur leaving Chennai very early. It will take three hours. If you can plan to reach around 6-30 AM you can go up the hills before it is hot. Beware of monkeys on the steps. After Darsan you can reach Tiruvallur, take rest in the Matham, and have darsan in the evening, and enroute to Chennai visit Tirunindravur.

Next day visit Tiruneermalai in the early hours, after darsan visit Tirukadalmalli and Tiruvidanthai. If time permits Visit Parthasarathi temple in night around 7-30 PM.

You can also see my e-bbok on 108 Divya desams in Prapathi.com

Dasan

Tamarapu Sampath Kumaran

, "S. Srinivasan" <ssrini74@.. .> wrote:>> Namaskaram,> > I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai this> weekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).> > I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in and> around Chennai during the weekend which are:> 58.Thiru ninRavUr > 59.ThiuvaLLur > 60.ThiruvallikkENi > 61.Thiruneermalai > 62.Thiru idavendhai > 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) > 64.Sholingur > > As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance from> the egroup members on planning the route for the same.> > Regards,> S. Srinivasan>

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Namaskarams,

1) Thiruvedanthai and Thirukkadalmallai (Mahabalipuram) are in one direction.

2) Thirunindravoor and Thiruvalloor can be clubbed together

3) Thiruvallikeni and Thiruneermalai are within the Chennai city.

4) Sholinghur is bit far off from Chennai and also on the hill.

Since you have two days, you can actually try out a couple of sets (or another

one to make it three).

Thanks and Regards,

-------

Deepak Vasudevan

http://deepakvasudevan.blogspot.com/

-------

FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!

Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth

Guest guest

Hi -

Its already Sunday midnight in India, hope you will see this mail.

Its easy if you combine Thiruvidanthai and Thirukadalmallai together -

Thiruvidanthai is on the way to Thirukadalmallai - so you can go to

Thiruvidanthai (which is around 15 mins after Muthukadu on ECR) and

then go to Mamallapuram where Thirukadalmallai is located (around 15-

20 mins from Thiruvidanthai further along ECR road). Thiruvidanthai

will be around 1-1.5 hours one way from Chennai (T Nagar).

Went to Thirukadalmallai in January and it was a great sight to

behold - the perumal in sayanitha thirukolam is in front of my eyes.

Thiruvallur is on the other side (Sriperumbudur side), so you might

want to do it on a different day. Roughly its around 1.5 hours one

way from Chennai (T Nagar).

Thiruallikeni is inside the city and you can cover on one of the 2

days.

It might be a challenge to cover all the divya desams below in 2

days - you might want to phase it out a bit.

Thanks,

-Sriram

, " S. Srinivasan " <ssrini74

wrote:

>

> Namaskaram,

>

> I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai this

> weekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).

>

> I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in and

> around Chennai during the weekend which are:

> 58.Thiru ninRavUr

> 59.ThiuvaLLur

> 60.ThiruvallikkENi

> 61.Thiruneermalai

> 62.Thiru idavendhai

> 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram)

> 64.Sholingur

>

> As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance from

> the egroup members on planning the route for the same.

>

> Regards,

> S. Srinivasan

>

Guest guest

namaskaram

thirumal thiruvadigalukku saranam....

u can contact tamil nadu tourisam

and arrange toor for these divya desam

om namo narayanaya.....

regards,

sudharsanan

On 5/15/08, S. Srinivasan <ssrini74 wrote:

Namaskaram,I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai thisweekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in andaround Chennai during the weekend which are:

58.Thiru ninRavUr 59.ThiuvaLLur 60.ThiruvallikkENi 61.Thiruneermalai 62.Thiru idavendhai 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram) 64.Sholingur As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance from

the egroup members on planning the route for the same.Regards,S. Srinivasan

Guest guest

Namaskaram,

Incidentally during the last saturday and sunday i was

able to cover all the 7 divya desams by the grace of

god and with the apt guidance given to me by the

egroup friends.

Thanks to all of you who helped me make this trip

possible

Srinivasan

--- sudharsanan rajaram <representit12

wrote:

> namaskaram

>

> thirumal thiruvadigalukku saranam....

>

> u can contact tamil nadu tourisam

>

> and arrange toor for these divya desam

>

> om namo narayanaya.....

>

> regards,

> sudharsanan

>

>

> On 5/15/08, S. Srinivasan <ssrini74

> wrote:

> >

> > Namaskaram,

> >

> > I stay at Mumbai and am planning to be at Chennai

> this

> > weekend ie 17th and 18th May 08 (sat & Sun).

> >

> > I am desirous of visiting the 7 divya desams in

> and

> > around Chennai during the weekend which are:

> > 58.Thiru ninRavUr

> > 59.ThiuvaLLur

> > 60.ThiruvallikkENi

> > 61.Thiruneermalai

> > 62.Thiru idavendhai

> > 63.Thirukkadal mallai (Maamalla puram)

> > 64.Sholingur

> >

> > As i am new to Chennai, I would request guidance

> from

> > the egroup members on planning the route for the

> same.

> >

> > Regards,

> > S. Srinivasan

> >

> >

> >