IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Loneliness in Astrology - By Tanvir Chowdhury

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Loneliness in Astrology

Written by: Tanvir Chowdhury

This article was written with the data provided by members of Astrological Discussion Lists.Loneliness is a very common source of depression and stress to many of us. Literally it means, 'Without companions, lone' etc. But loneliness does not always mean being without companions. If someone does not find someone of his own interest, outlook, or can not find someone who cares for him, to tell his inner expressions, then even being in midst of many people he will feel lonely. There are people who seek some 'Private time' for a part of the day, it would be wrong to take it as loneliness. Seeking some personal time is one thing. (Which almost all of us do to study, work.) But being totally friendless, passing the whole day, whole week alone is totally different! Again, the people we meet / deal with 'Lightly' have so little to help us in loneliness. I had been lonely for a period of time and to me loneliness is a silent pain or even a silent killer! Because on one hand, it can destroy working spirit and positive qualities of someone; and on the other hand it can lead someone to utmost frustration and even to suicidal. Recently I have asked in the discussion lists for data of people who are or were lonely for a period of time. With their charts and comments, I saw how loneliness can make someone easily surrender to the hopeless sate. Even other animals do not like loneliness - how do we? As a student of Astrology I can easily find the planet of loneliness - Saturn! Again, loneliness is much painful when Venus (Joy, pleasure, love of others) is weak or afflicted. Ketu, for it's nature, can also cause detachment - resulting loneliness. Being more particular, I also take the houses 3rd, 8th and 12th for loneliness. 3rd house rules loneliness since it is the 12th house (Loss) from 4th house which rules friends, friendly people, family life, home, motherland, general happiness etc. So if a person is away from family, home, friends, motherland, he is likely to be lonely. 8th house highly rules loneliness since it rules depression, stress, sadness etc. 8th lord opposes communication and social gatherings, functions, ceremonies. 12th house also rules loneliness similar to 8th house. So, when the above lords are afflicting the houses 1, 4, 9 etc. or their lords - they are likely to cause some loneliness. Planets in houses 3, 8, 12 can also cause loneliness; esp. the 8th lord and house are the greatest for loneliness issue, which I see from others chart as well as mine. Also if Saturn is a malefic for the Asc. and is strong and/or afflicts houses 1, 4, 9 or their lords - it ends up causing loneliness. Strong 3rd, 8th, 12th lords can also indicate loneliness unless strong benefic influence is there and 4th house or lord is weak. Functional benefics (Esp. Venus) can fight against these troubles a lot if strong.Some case studies of loneliness in brief Below are some observations of charts which I am given permission to use, or which data are openly submitted in the lists. Even then, I did not use their names or actual data for keeping them as private as possible. The analysis is very simple and basic - there might be other and/or better ways to interpret I am sure.

In this chart, Mars is a very strong cause of loneliness, since it rules both 3, 8 houses. It is afflicting Venus, Asc., and the lord itself very closely. His 8th has Ketu, 12th has 12th lord itself (Sun). Saturn is aspecting the Asc., it's lord, Venus and Mars from 11th. He has been suffering very badly for separation from loved ones and for loneliness. He has been more or less lonely even since 1992, when he was in Ju-Ve-Ke. He was most lonely in Sa-Me.

This is a chart of a female, who was lonely for almost all life long. Her Asc. is afflicted by 8th lord Moon within 1 deg., while Asc. lord Jupiter goes to 3rd. This 3rd house has also Venus (6,11 lord) a strong malefic, and this all is aspected by a retro Saturn from 9th. 4th has a mess of Rahu and Sun. 5,12 lord Mars is also retro and joins Ketu in 10th. Mars-Ketu, Sun-Rahu conjunctions are bad, and overall this indeed suggests a very painful life.

A chart of a female. Both her 3,12 houses are powerful. 3rd has Moon in own sign, 4th lord Sun goes to 12th. 12th also has Venus (Asc. lord), Merc® and Ketu. Her Saturn goes to 7th being very powerful also Retro. 8th lord Jup comes to 4th being Retro. So, see all the influences of houses and lords 3,4,8,12 and also Saturn and Ketu. Her entire life is a painful story of loneliness - no siblings, no kids, moving away from parents and relatives and no such company of people from any community, either.

Another female native. Asc. lord Venus goes to 12th joining Ma and Mo. 3rd house is strong with it's lord Jupiter (Also 6th lord), and also is troubled having Rahu. 4,5 lord Saturn goes to 8th of stress and depression being retro. The person suffers from loneliness in her childhood seriously starting from Ra-Ra-Ma. Then Merc PD improved it since it is 9th lord. Notice the two-fold effect of Ra in MD and AD. Also Jup AD was bad, since Ra, Ju both in 3rd - so clear indication. Again she faced loneliness, right when she started Ju-Sa-Ke. In the mid of Ju-Sa-Ve, it was intensified. Note that her Venus is also 8th lord in 12th, disposits Saturn in retro state in 8th.

This chart is different from others, and is a chart of 'Inner-loneliness'. Even being in midst of people, for unknown reason, he feels lonely of himself somehow. When the person 'Feels' or 'Prefers' loneliness then positions of and effects on Asc., it's lord, Moon and 5th lord have to be seen. In the chart we see two 'Likely' debilitated planets - Mars and Mercury, both are enjoying the cancellation of fallen state.

Now His Asc. is in Capricorn with Asc. lord Saturn itself being there. Some feelings of loneliness is possible. Asc. and it's lord joins Jupiter (3, 12 lord) - strong cause of loneliness. It's direct conjunction with Asc. and lord hits the personality and nature. Further, this Jupiter aspects the 5th house (Mind). Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Moon are directly and heavily influenced by each other. Now, come to the 5th house of mind. 5th lord Venus goes to 3rd house of loneliness - so 'Mental loneliness' is again indicated. Note that Venus is exalted-Retro, so judge it as a debilitated planet. So, mind is debilitated in loneliness. Moon is in own sign in 7th, exchanges aspects with Jupiter and Saturn who's roles are already mentioned. Again emphasis on mind. Note that Moon (Mind) is strong here so the person suffers less mentally I guess. All emphasis on minds gave him feelings of loneliness - mental loneliness.

This is also an exceptional chart. The person lives a very lonely life from his own which seems to be just fine with him. His Asc. lord Mars and 12th lord Venus has a sign exchange - thus a first class relationship between them. 3 planets in 12th make this house more important and powerful - esp. when Asc. lord is in it with Sun who's debilitation is already cancelled. Sun also represents self.

The Moon (Mind) is exalted in 7th, disposited by Venus who is also the 12th lord. 8th house of loneliness has Rahu and retro Saturn in it, this Saturn aspects the 5th lord Jupiter (Mind) placed in 10th. Like the previous chart, even in this chart the Moon (Mind) is very strong. Moon, being strong in these two charts, indicates a strong mind and likely less affected by loneliness. That is why this person is fine with loneliness. But he lives a surprising lonely life having 3 planets in 12th, 2 planets (Including Saturn) in 8th, and also exchange between Asc. lord and 12th lords.

The last chart is of no one else but of myself. (24 Dec '82, 00:30, Dhaka, Bangladesh.) My Mars (3,8 lord) and Saturn both are exalted. Both natural and particular significators of loneliness are very strong. This Saturn aspects 1,2,9,10,12 lords in 4th who are again afflicted by Ra-Ke. Asc. lord, 9th lord are afflicted by Ra, Ke and 6,12 lords. 4th lord Jup itself is in 3rd, 12th from 4th. Sa, Ma, Su are the main problems for me in this regard.

I first felt loneliness during whole of my Me-Ma. Right after starting of Mars AD, loneliness started, and right after the AD was over, loneliness was gone, too. Mars did not cause accidents being non afflicted and strong, but gave me loneliness. A major part of the day I used to pass in lonely places sitting alone for hours. I was lonely even in home for all the day and time. Had almost no one to talk to. Well, I had people to "talk to", but talks only related to works, studies etc. The only people I had to share my feelings were the servants we had, i.e., the driver of our car and the cook of our home. Also, a great help were the private tutors I had. They were the only people to help me in my loneliness. Now when we see the chart carefully, help from servants and teachers against loneliness becomes clear. There is a well placed Jupiter in my chart in the 3rd house. Jupiter is the most benefic planet in nature. Again, for being well placed and virtuous in nature, he will work good for me most of the times. This Jupiter exchanges mutual aspect [sign aspect] with Mars, the 8th lord of loneliness. That is why he lessens some of the pains Mars gives me. Jupiter is from the 3rd house, the house ruling servants. And, he is the natural ruler of teachers. So in my case, he rules servants and teachers. That is why, Jupiter cooling down Mars (loneliness) did that from the servants (3rd house) and teachers (Jupiter itself). For many things (Including Jyotish) I was thirstily searching for the truth than anything but was totally unable to fine a true path / answer. All my hard efforts for knowing the truth / other good purposes were fruitless. This is for Mars' evil (Tamasik) nature, and he rules 8th, which is 12th (Loss) from 9th, and 9th deals with the truth, honesty, virtue etc. Even then, Mars is exalted 8th lord (Spirituality, occult) in 5th (Knowledge, creativity). So I started reading astrology, started website with some thoughts and basic free readings for visitors etc. But for Mars' evil nature and evil rulership, I was unable to find the true way after all. It was overcome in Me-Ra-Sa, Saturn deals with spiritual knowledge and is exalted in 2nd house of learning in my chart. So on one hand, Mars, being 8th lord exalted in 5th house made me start reading astrology. (I was interested and used to know basics when I was a kid, but Me-Ma period was the renaissance after a long time. The PD was of Jupiter, who rules Religion and Religious knowledge, divinity etc. and exchanges aspects with Mars.) But on the other hand, for being Tamasik in nature and evil lordship, he did not show me the right way. So anyway, after Me-Ma, I got into Me-Ra-Ra which was really okay, and then Me-Ra-Ju was a very enjoyable time indeed, always passing time with cousins through fun and joy. [Jupiter in 3rd house = brothers, cousins.] Then from Me-Ra-Sa, loneliness again started. However, it was little better since Me-Ra-Me onwards, and is gone when I entered my Me-Ju.Conclusion Though each and every chart is different, I suspected and also see from the charts that Saturn, Ketu and 3, 8, 12 houses and lords are responsible for this loneliness. When Saturn or lords of 3, 8, 12 are strong and afflict other vital planets - they surely do give loneliness. Planets in houses 3, 8, 12 can also be responsible for loneliness same way. Esp. the 8th lord and house is mostly damaging in this regard. 8th house and lord deal with distress, mental pain, sorrow etc. but also deal with spirituality. That is why, sorrow often leads to spirituality we see many times.Possible remedies for loneliness Of course, the remedies for each person are different, but here I try to put some general things someone can do to fight loneliness -1. As Saturn and Ketu are the natural karakas for loneliness, try propitiating them.2. Find out who else is/are causing loneliness, likely lords of 3, 8, 12 etc. Try propitiating them.3. If you are wearing a blue sapphire, cat's eye, or other gemstones related to Saturn, Ketu, or lords of 3rd, 8th, 12th - remove them unless you are really sure that they are good for you. Please never wear any stone without being sure.4. Try to strengthen your benefics esp. if they are Venus or Jupiter etc. by Mantra or gemstones.5. Never tell ill of dead people, never reveal others' secrets. These will lessen the pain comes from 8th lord. (8th deals with death, hidden matters, secrets etc. so try to be positive in these matters.)6. Consult a good and honest Vedic Astrologer for your problems. Have faith, be strong. Help other people unconditionally in financial, emotional and other ways. Try to be utmost pure and true (Satwik) in every steps so that you gradually weaken your bad karma... this will make the problems easier. Pray to God for better mental peace, and never give up. Best wishes,Tanvir Chowdhury29th May, 2003,Dhaka, Bangladesh.