Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vargottama Lagna and Longivity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji

I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across the concept

of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if Lagna is

vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu.

However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has lagna

vargottama but died very early in life.

Regards

Tarun

Guest guest

Dear Tarun,

Let me answer your question as I have studied Sanjay Gandhi's

chart. I would like to hear from Sajayji as well.

It is true that in general vargottama lagna enhances longevity.

However, in case of Sanjay Gandhi, Chandra has become a maraka

by occupying 8th house in Rasi. This maraka Chandra is aspecting

Lagna in Navamsa. Ayushyakaraka Sani is also aspecing lagna in

both the charts. Hence, the vargottama power of lagna is

completely neutralized in this case.

Sanjayji, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Krishna

http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com

--- tarungarg <tarungarg wrote:

> Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji

>

> I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across the

> concept

> of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if Lagna

> is

> vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu.

>

> However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has

> lagna

> vargottama but died very early in life.

>

> Regards

>

> Tarun

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Regards,

Krishna

Guest guest

Dear Tarun,

1. About Moon

When we look at a chart, the general practice is to look at

stengths and weakness of planets both in Rasi as well as in

Navamsa. Even if a planet is exalt is Navamsa we consider it

while finding the overall strength of the planet in the chart. I

am not sure if the same thing done with other varga charts. That

is way Navamsa is special. If Moon has gained marakatwa in Rasi

chart, I feel there is nothing wrong in looking at it in that

light even in Navamsa chart.

2. About Sani

I guess I did not elaborate about Sani hence your question. I

did not consider Sani's effect just because it is Capricorn

lagna. If you study Sani from lagna and chandra in both Rasi and

Navamsa, you will see the following:

In Rasi:

- 2nd lord from lagna

- Located in 7th house from lagna

- 8th lord from chandra

In Navamsa:

- 2nd lord from lagna

- 7th lord from chandra

- 8th lord from chandra

Because of the above factors Sani also becomes a strong maraka

(I gather this from B V Raman's Book). Hence, I considered the

aspects of Sani on Lagna to be very important.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Krishna

--- tarungarg <tarungarg wrote:

> Respected Krishna ji

>

> Thanks for a very insightful reply. However, I would like to

> seek a

> couple of clarifications here:-

>

> 1. Moon is a maraka in the Rasi Chart, understand and agreed.

> However,

> does that mean that if a planet is a maraka in one verga he

> will be a

> maraka in all the vergas. Cause in the Navamsa moon is not in

> the

> eighth house as if it was so It could not aspect the lagna.

> Infact in

> the navamsa Kundli Moon is the 7th lord in the own house and

> thus is

> quite strong though it is Krisna Paksa but I believe it should

> not kill.

>

> 2. Saturn is the lord of the lagna in both navamsa and rasi

> and I

> believe that its drishti should make the house stronger (I may

> be wrong).

>

> Cause if that is the case then the people who are born in the

> Capricorn Lagna like myself have very few options for a long

> life, cause

>

> sa in lagna will be maraka as it is in marana karaka sthana.

> Sa in 2nd house will have argala

> Sa in 3rd house is safe(Hopefully)

> Sa in 4th house will have argala and drishti(10th house). Also

> in Sri

> Rama's chart sa is in the 4th house.

> Sa in 5th house will have secondary argala

> Sa in 6th house will be lagna lord in 6th house ( Guru ji

> mentioned

> that this is akin to a person being his own enemy)

> Sa in 7th house is drishti

> Sa in 8th house is good, Though as Lagna lord in 8th not very

> nice

> Sa in 9th house is OK. However Papa Graha in Bhagya sthana is

> not good

> as per lesson 2 from Guru Ji

> Sa in 10th house is Safe

> Sa in 11 house will have drishti and argala both

> Sa in 12 th house will have the lagna lord in 12 th house

> effects

>

> That means that makar lagna is quite an unfortunate lagna to

> be born in?

>

> Hope you can clarify my doubts

>

> Thanks again for replying

>

> Regards

>

> Tarun Garg

>

> sohamsa , Krishnamurthy Seetharama

> <krishna_1998 wrote:

> >

> > Dear Tarun,

> >

> > Let me answer your question as I have studied Sanjay

> Gandhi's

> > chart. I would like to hear from Sajayji as well.

> >

> > It is true that in general vargottama lagna enhances

> longevity.

> > However, in case of Sanjay Gandhi, Chandra has become a

> maraka

> > by occupying 8th house in Rasi. This maraka Chandra is

> aspecting

> > Lagna in Navamsa. Ayushyakaraka Sani is also aspecing lagna

> in

> > both the charts. Hence, the vargottama power of lagna is

> > completely neutralized in this case.

> >

> > Sanjayji, please correct me if I am wrong.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Krishna

> > http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com

> >

> > --- tarungarg <tarungarg wrote:

> >

> > > Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji

> > >

> > > I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across

> the

> > > concept

> > > of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if

> Lagna

> > > is

> > > vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu.

> > >

> > > However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has

> > > lagna

> > > vargottama but died very early in life.

> > >

> > > Regards

> > >

> > > Tarun

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Regards,

> > Krishna

> > http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com

> >

> >

> >

> > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam protection

> around

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Regards,

Krishna

Guest guest

|| Hare Raama Krsna ||

Dear Sri Tarun,

Namaskar. You are mixing many concepts together. Maraka and Maranakaraka-graha are not the same. Lagna lord always protects lagna as it represents your intelligence and intelligence is always self-protective, not self-destructive. In other cases, Shani depletes through its drishti the good of a house (that is why it aspects 3rd and 10th from itself, so that growth is reduced to give suffering). 8th house is house of death/suffering and longivity. What is longivity ? It is how pro-longed our suffering is in this life. That is why death or passing away is also called Punya (relief). Maraka in Divisions have different meanings that maraka in Rasi Chart. Vargottama lagna is but one of the many indications of long life - but is not a sufficient condition. A wealthy person can have a garden in his house but any person having a garden in his house doesn't make the person wealthy automatically. So this means that you have to judge the total wealth (in this case longivity) from multiple indications and not just one indication. Best is to look in Rasi Chart.

Best wishes,

Sourav

=================================================================sohamsa , "tarungarg" <tarungarg wrote:>> Respected Krishna ji> > Thanks for a very insightful reply. However, I would like to seek a> couple of clarifications here:-> > 1. Moon is a maraka in the Rasi Chart, understand and agreed. However,> does that mean that if a planet is a maraka in one verga he will be a> maraka in all the vergas. Cause in the Navamsa moon is not in the> eighth house as if it was so It could not aspect the lagna. Infact in> the navamsa Kundli Moon is the 7th lord in the own house and thus is> quite strong though it is Krisna Paksa but I believe it should not kill.> > 2. Saturn is the lord of the lagna in both navamsa and rasi and I> believe that its drishti should make the house stronger (I may be wrong). > > Cause if that is the case then the people who are born in the> Capricorn Lagna like myself have very few options for a long life, cause> > sa in lagna will be maraka as it is in marana karaka sthana.> Sa in 2nd house will have argala> Sa in 3rd house is safe(Hopefully)> Sa in 4th house will have argala and drishti(10th house). Also in Sri> Rama's chart sa is in the 4th house.> Sa in 5th house will have secondary argala> Sa in 6th house will be lagna lord in 6th house ( Guru ji mentioned> that this is akin to a person being his own enemy)> Sa in 7th house is drishti > Sa in 8th house is good, Though as Lagna lord in 8th not very nice> Sa in 9th house is OK. However Papa Graha in Bhagya sthana is not good> as per lesson 2 from Guru Ji> Sa in 10th house is Safe> Sa in 11 house will have drishti and argala both> Sa in 12 th house will have the lagna lord in 12 th house effects> > That means that makar lagna is quite an unfortunate lagna to be born in?> > Hope you can clarify my doubts> > Thanks again for replying> > Regards> > Tarun Garg> > sohamsa , Krishnamurthy Seetharama> krishna_1998@ wrote:> >> > Dear Tarun,> > > > Let me answer your question as I have studied Sanjay Gandhi's> > chart. I would like to hear from Sajayji as well.> > > > It is true that in general vargottama lagna enhances longevity.> > However, in case of Sanjay Gandhi, Chandra has become a maraka> > by occupying 8th house in Rasi. This maraka Chandra is aspecting> > Lagna in Navamsa. Ayushyakaraka Sani is also aspecing lagna in> > both the charts. Hence, the vargottama power of lagna is> > completely neutralized in this case. > > > > Sanjayji, please correct me if I am wrong.> > > > Regards,> > Krishna> > http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com> > > > --- tarungarg tarungarg@ wrote:> > > > > Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji> > > > > > I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across the> > > concept> > > of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if Lagna> > > is> > > vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu. > > > > > > However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has> > > lagna> > > vargottama but died very early in life.> > > > > > Regards> > > > > > Tarun > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Regards,> > Krishna> > http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com> > > > > > > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Dear Tarun, No doubt Vagottama Lagna enhances the longevity. Besides the Lagna . the strength of 10th and 8th houses is also considered. If all these three houses are strong and in benefic influence ,only then long life can be expectes. G.K.GOELKrishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote: Dear Tarun,Let me answer your question as I have studied Sanjay Gandhi'schart. I would like to hear from Sajayji as well.It is true that in general

vargottama lagna enhances longevity.However, in case of Sanjay Gandhi, Chandra has become a marakaby occupying 8th house in Rasi. This maraka Chandra is aspectingLagna in Navamsa. Ayushyakaraka Sani is also aspecing lagna inboth the charts. Hence, the vargottama power of lagna iscompletely neutralized in this case. Sanjayji, please correct me if I am wrong.Regards,Krishnahttp://astrokrishna.blogspot.com---'>http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com--- tarungarg <tarungarg > wrote:> Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji> > I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across the> concept> of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if Lagna> is> vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu. > > However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has> lagna>

vargottama but died very early in life.> > Regards> > Tarun > > > > > > > > Regards,Krishnahttp://astrokrishna.blogspot.com

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8. Get it NOW

Guest guest

|| Jaya Jagannath ||Dear all,The marakas are seen to time the period in which the native will die. However it is not good enough to judge the longevity of the native. There are various other tools to judge the longevity. Some of them are:

1. The method of three pairs2. The method of three lords3. The method of 8th lordThere are other mathematical models, which can be used with specific dasas etc.Also Moon doesnot become a Maraka, just by placement in the 8th house... You may consider the following clues on Maraka from BPHS:

----In Chapter 44 of BPHS Parasara says, O Brahmin! Third and Eighth

Bhava are the two Bhavas of longevity. The Bhavas, related to death,

are the 12th from each of these, i.e. Dhana and Yuvati Bhava are Maraka

Bhavas. (BPHS 2-5) Out of the two maraka bhavas, Dhana Bhava is a powerful Maraka Bhava. Along with it the following are also considered to be Marakas The Lords of Dhana and Yuvati Bhava

Malefics in Dhana and Yuvati Bhava Malefics conjoined with Dhana and Yuvati bhava's Lords (BPHS 44.3)The

major and sub-periods of these Grahas will bring death on the native,

depending on whether he is a long life, medium life, or short life

person. The Dasha of a benefic Graha, related to twelfth lord may also inflict death. End may descend on the native in Eighth Lord's Dasha. The Dasha of a Graha, which is an exclusive malefic, may also cause death (BPHS 44.6 - 44.7) Predominant killer: If

Saturn is ill-disposed and be related to a Maraka Graha (as mentioned

above), he will be the first to kill in preference to other Grahas.

(BPHS 44.9)Other considerations:The Dasha of the Lord of the 22nd Decanate, or 23rd, or 3rd, or 5th, or 7th asterisms may also cause death. The Lords of the 2

nd and the 12th

i.e., Sun and Mercury, counted from Cancer, may also bring death. This

is true, when the Moon is a malefic. If he happens to be a benefic,

there will be diseases (not death). Death may come to pass in the Dasha of Sixth lord and in the sub-periods of Sixth, Eighth and/or Twelfth Lords. ----

Caution: Without judging the correct longevity, predicting the maraka dasa would likely to fail.RegardsSarajitOn 9/23/06, Gopal Goel <gkgoel1937 wrote:

Dear Tarun, No doubt Vagottama Lagna enhances the longevity. Besides the Lagna . the strength of 10th and 8th houses is also considered. If all these three houses are strong and in benefic influence ,only then long life can be expectes.

G.K.GOELKrishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998@

> wrote: Dear Tarun,Let me answer your question as I have studied Sanjay Gandhi's

chart. I would like to hear from Sajayji as well.It is true that in general

vargottama lagna enhances longevity.However, in case of Sanjay Gandhi, Chandra has become a marakaby occupying 8th house in Rasi. This maraka Chandra is aspectingLagna in Navamsa. Ayushyakaraka Sani is also aspecing lagna in

both the charts. Hence, the vargottama power of lagna iscompletely neutralized in this case. Sanjayji, please correct me if I am wrong.Regards,Krishna

http://astrokrishna.blogspot.com--- tarungarg <tarungarg wrote:> Respected Guru Ji Sanjay ji

> > I was listening to your lecture on Navamsa. I came across the> concept> of vargottama in that one. You mentioned there that if Lagna> is> vargottama the person is Longlived. Deergayu. > > However if you would look at sanjay gandhi's chart he has> lagna>

vargottama but died very early in life.> > Regards> > Tarun > > > > > > > > Regards,Krishna

http://astrokrishna.blogspot.comDo You ?

Find out what India is talking about on - Answers India

Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Messenger Version 8.

Get it NOW

-- Best WishesSarajit Poddar