IndiaDivine.org

Query on Thiruppavai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear members, I would like to get madhwa scholar's view on Thiruppavai. This is the first time I am coming across (Please blame it on my knowledge level and know how) a news that Thiruppavai is a Tamil vyakhyana of bhagavatam.Please refer to the email from Shri Narahari Sumadhwa on Shri Vidya Vachaspathi Theertharu below. I am curious to know how we perceive it as it is written by Andal one of the 12 Alwars (and the only woman Alwar) of Vishistadhvaitha matha. I am also curious to know if Andal is an avathara or amsha of Lakshmi Devi as it is beleived that she married Lord Sri Hari in Srirangam. Also we could see Andal Sannadhi invariably in all the Vaishnava temples. Personally, the Thiruppavai songs (marghazhi thingal mathi niraintha nannallam..) are a delight to sing in carnatic style and it is a sampradhaya for iyengars to sing daily during Marghsheerasa Maasa Thanks and regardsSathya Sathyanathan JayatheerthanChennai. SUMADHWASEVACC: naraharisumadhwaDate: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:16:57 +0530[sUMADHWASEVA] Sri Vidya Vachaspathi Tirtharu - Aradhana 30.10.2009Sri Vidya Vachapsathi TirtharuOctober 30, 20099:00 amಶà³à²•à²¶à²¾à²¸à³à²¤à³à²° ಸà³à²§à²¾à²‚ಭೋಧಿ ಚರಂತಂ ಹಂಸಪà³à²‚ಗವಂ |ವಿದà³à²¯à²¾à²µà²¾à²šà²¸à³à²ªà²¤à²¿à²‚ ವಂದೇ ಶà³à²°à³€ ಕೃಷà³à²£à²ªà²¦à²¸à²‚ಶà³à²°à²¿à²¤à²®à³ |शà¥à¤•à¤¶à¤¾à¤¸à¥à¤¤à¥à¤° सà¥à¤§à¤¾à¤‚भोधि चरंतं हंसपà¥à¤‚गवं ।विदà¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤µà¤¾à¤šà¤¸à¥à¤ªà¤¤à¤¿à¤‚ वंदे शà¥à¤°à¥€ कृषà¥à¤£à¤ªà¤¦à¤¸à¤‚शà¥à¤°à¤¿à¤¤à¤®à¥ ।Click for Kannada PDF File on Vidya Vachaspathi Tirtharushukashaastra sudhaaMbhOdhi charaMtaM haMsapuMgavaM |vidyaavaachaspatiM vaMdE shrI kRuShNapadasaMshritam |Sri Vidya Vachaspathi TirtharuVrundavana at SosaleBirth – 14.10.1923 @ TalakaduJanma naama – Sri G N JayatirthacharyaruFather – Bhagavatha Saptaha Rathna Gumballi NarasimhamurthacharMother – Smt LakshminarasammaBalya Snehitaru – Sri Vidya Payonidhi Tirtharu (in his poorvashrama), Sri S N Ramachandrachar (my father), etc.Vidya Gurugalu – His father sri NarasimhamurthacharLangauages known – Kannada, Sanskrit, English, Telugu, Tamil, HindiAwards Conferred on him :- Sakala Bhasha Prabhanjana, Purusha Saraswathi, Matatraya Bhashya Pravachana Bhaskara, Vedashastra bhooshana, sakala shastra tatva ratna, sakala shastra pandita rathna, shata shaastra pandita ratna, sanchaari Granthalaya, soori soorya, Geetopanyaasa visharada, etc.Those who have done the sanmana and given the awards include - Mantralaya Sreepadaru, Palghat Vidvat Mandali, King of Kochin, Kanchi Kama koti Peeta, Mysore Maharaja, Tanjavooru Maharaja, tiruvankore Maharaja. This is only a sample list. There are more than 100 others apart from the list given.He has done not less than 2000 Bhagavatha Saptaha at various placesHe has done not less than 1000 GeetopanyaasaHe was an expert in Pravachana of “Tiruppaavaiâ€, a Tamil Vyakhyana on Bhagavatha.Even during his other Upanyaasas, he used to quote many narrations from Tiruppavai, that was his knowledge about Tamil grantha.Ashrama Sweekara – 26.8.1997Ashrama Gurugalu – Sri Vidya Payonidhi TirtharuHis contribution – 1. Sri Kaveri Vaibhavam "ಮಧà³à²µà²°à²¾à²¯à²° ಕರà³à²£ ಪಡೆಯದವ ಧರೆಯೊಳಗೆ ಇದà³à²¦à²°à³‡à²¨à³ ಇಲà³à²²à²¦à²¿à²¦à³à²¦à²°à³‡à²¨à³"http://www.sumadhwaseva.com/ ಹರಿಸರà³à²µà³‹à²¤à³à²¤à²®, ವಾಯà³à²œà³€à²µà³‹à²¤à³à²¤à²®, ಪಂಚಭೇದ, ತಾರತಮà³à²¯à²¨à²°à²¹à²°à²¿à²¸à³à²®à²§à³à²µ (9916904341) Narahari Sumadhwa From cricket scores to your friends. Try the India Homepage! New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.