Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fwd: Question abt Lalitha Sahasranama

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In svbm ,

Reema Kashyap <reema_ravi wrote:

Shri Gururaja Char avare and Shri Sathya avare,

Thanks for answering the question and clearing my doubt with such detailed explanation.

Regards,Reema

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, M.S. Sathya <mssn wrote:

M.S. Sathya <mssn Fw: Fw: Question abt Lalitha Sahasranamasvbm Cc: " Reema Kashyap " <reema_ravi

Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 2:29 AM

Dear Hribhaktas, Here's a feedback from Shri Gururajachar about chanting Lalitha Sahasranama. Regards, Sathya

----- Forwarded Message ----

Gururaj Achar <ugachar M.S. Sathya <mssn Friday, January 23, 2009 9:23:48 PM Re: Fw: Question abt Lalitha Sahasranama Dear Satya,

vandanam,

thank u for the enquiry. How are u all?

Abt Lalita sahasra nama, We are not recommending it to be recited by our community/ maadhwas. In no places of our community we chant it. It is different point to say all words ultimately are the epithets of Laxminarayana.

but any stotra or mantra which is not built up on that concept are not worth to take up. This is further strengthened by our belief that we have many such Laxminarayana stotras like Shri sukta, Shreeshreesha

Gunadarpana, Laxmihrudaya, Ambhrini sukta and so on accepted as powerful and falling in line with our concepts. So, I do not think in first place encourage any such inclination and it is not correct for any one to say that

since Lalita sahasra nama is too powerful to be chanted by common person do not chant it. It is as much right to say that " Pratimaayam tu saannidhyam archakasya tapobalat " in case of a pratima worship and belief as it is to say so in case of a stotra

or mantra.

In cases of adoption of mantras too we have been given clear guidance by Acharya Madhwa in his Tatra saara sangraha to the effect which mantras we are to follow. he has given ample scopes for us to worship/chant

different devatas under the umbrella of his tenets including ganapaty durga and so on. So Lalita as they say is Parvaty and we have Durga, the Shri's tamobhimani roopa (SHRI BHOO DURGAA) which is dwelling roopa we can take in Paarvathy. So even lalita

roopa if chanted we can believe we are praying Durga roopa of Shri in lalita.

That is what we Toulavaas do when we go to Durga Parameshwari temples in our places since we have many Shiva and Prameshawari temples. When we believe Shiva with Narasimha roopa in him conducts Pralaya duty so is Durga roopa of Laxmi in Parvathy joins

Shiva in his Pralaya durty. Pralaya is the aspect of tamas like srushti is satwa and sthiti is rajas. All this is my humble submission out of limited knowledge. Thanq, Satya.

My regards to u all there. Regards to u too. Vandanam, to all too. On Fri, 1/23/09, M.S. Sathya <mssn wrote: M.S. Sathya <mssn Fw: Question abt Lalitha Sahasranama

" Gururaj Achar " <ugachar Cc: mssn Friday, January 23, 2009, 3:55 AM Namaskara Shri poojya Gururaja char, How are you? It has been a long

time. Can you please answer the following question. Regards, Sathya> ************************************************* Namaskara Sathya avare, This is Reema from SVBM. I have a question which I wanted

to ask you. On the Kala Dharshana program, Udaya TV, Sri Savitra Sharma mentioned that - 'Lalitha Sahasranama should not be chanted by common man since its very powerful mantra, rahasya mantra.

Only those who are initiated into SriVidya (I'm not sure what it means) should recite it. Or you can chant it if its given to you by your pujya Guru, like Agasthya got it from Hayagreeva.' My question is that we see that its been recited in temples

by everyone. I have not heard any priest mentioning about not to chant it. So please can you share your knowledge about this matter as I'm very confused whether to chant this or not though it really gives me peace of mind.

Thanks, Reema

--- End forwarded message ---

-- *shriishaH sharaNam.h*mama svAmI harirnityaMsarvasya patireva cha*xemaM vidhAsyati sa no bhagavAn.h tryadhIshaH | trAtAsmadIyavimR^ishenakiyAnihArthaH*sarvAdhAraH, sarvakAraH, sarvaprerakaH, sarvasattApradaH,

sarvashabdavAchyaH, sarvAchintyaH, sarvakarmakartA, sarvakarmapUjyaH, sarvakarmasAxI,sarvadevAdivandyaHviShNuH sarvottamaH, anantaguNapUrNaH, doShadUraH, svatantraH, sarvasvAmI,sarvasR^iShTyAdikartA, sarvAntaryamI, sarvavyAptaH, mama anantopakArakaH,

sa eva gurudevatAntargataH san.h pApAdi nAshayati, bhaktiGYAnAdi anugR^iNAtitaddAsohaM, nAhaM svatantraH na mama kArakANi, sarvANi taddattAnyeva, sarvaMtasmin.h samarpyatepUrNaH preShThaH paraH svAmI vyAptaH kartA upakArakaH | raxatyeva tadIyaM

mAM karmArchyo gurudevagaHsarvarige preraka sarvakartabhoktasarvatradali vyApta sarvashabda vAchasarvaguNa paripUrNa sarvadoShadUrasarvaGYAnagamya sarvashakta mUrtisarvesha cheluva gopAlaviThalareya

sarvAntariyAmi sarvabauma namo

I just saw in the net that al should not recite lalitha sahasranam. it is wrong who ever pure in in mind can recite daily. Some of the Vaishnav Guru's are behaving like Taliban's. even today. They Both Siva and Naryanan are same. Seeing difference between them ,one has no right be Acharya.

This is the truth.