IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

How can one Offer Everything to the Lord?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gurujee PranamPlease clarify me. My question is:How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, hisgrievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?Charan SparshRam Kishan YadavNigeria----------------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Paramatmane Namah

Shraddey Swamiji personally while answering this question said - "that which you wish to offer (surrender) to the Lord, by not considering that as belonging to you, your surrender will be complete." (Discourse 11.11.2003)

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Those who can understand hindi can listen to this discourse at:

http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijicontent/

BY SELECTING DATE AND DOWNLOADING And scrolling down to specific date.

Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

-------

How can anything be offered to the one who is everything as such? What we can do is to realize how nothing is truly ours. Realization that eveything belongs to The Lord. Perhaps, 'belongs' is not a correct usage here as that requires an estrangement between the belonged and the owner. The Lord IS everything and therefore nothing can belong to Him either, no ownership can ever exist there. Therefore, realization that I cannot hold anything and that the I itself is an image that is ready to disappear anytime is of significance.

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

-------------------------

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. Once we develop utmost devotion for the Lord, then it becomes easy for us to surrender to His lotus feet. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Man mana bhava mad bhakto,Mad yaji mam namaskuru,Mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam,Atmanam mat parayanah. "(Gitaji 9, 34)Which means,'Engage your mind in thinking of Me,become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me. Once you approach Me this way, being absorbed in Me , then you will reach Me certainly. 'What we need is intense devotional serviceLord Krishna says in Gitaji,"Just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sins. Do not fear. " ( Gitaji 18,66)Once we trust the Lord completely, then surrender becomes easy. Constant chanting of Lord's name purifies our hearts, increases our devotion and in the end takes us to His Abode. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-Shree HariRam RamThese postings below do not directly answer your question, but will give you thegist.Please read previous Sadhaka messages on this topic - for thedetails:The Ultimate Secret - Complete Surrender to God -sadhaka/message/1449HIGHLIGHTS - One must renounce all other forms of dependencies. One must notdepend on anyone. Give up dependency and reliance on all else. Simply surrenderexclusively and entirely to God. Accept Him as both means (saadhan) and the end(saadhya).------Entrust Everything Back to Godsadhaka/message/1631-------A Devotee Dedicates Everything to Godsadhaka/message/1562"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27)--------Secret of taking complete Refuge in Godsadhaka/message/1158GIST: A devotee that has taken refuge in God, does not think of himself assomething special, nor does he test whether he meets the mark of a perfectdevotee. Rather he pays absolutely no attention to his own qualities, as thismay either make him arrogant or dejected. All good qualities will come to adevotee naturally, however they are of no concern to the devotee.-------Sharanagati - Gita 18-66sadhaka/message/1139GIST: In Sharanagati, one is to do his duties (dharma) in this world,but reliance and dependency is exclusively on God. Simply take refuge only inGod, desiring nothing else, and attain not only Salvation, but eternal divinelove (ananta ras) and God Himself.----------Question: Surrendering to Godsadhaka/message/714=========================================FEW LINKS / POSTINGS FROM PRIOR GITA TALK MESSAGESOn Offering with Devotion - Gita 9:26/message/1872II 9:26 IIPatram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktyaa prayacchatiTadaham bhaktyupahrtamasnaami prayataatmanah (Gita 9:26)Whoever offers Me with love and devotion, a leaf, a flower, a fruit,or even water, I accept and relish these devout offerings of thatdevotee, whose inner self is immersed in Me. In other words, Godaccepts these offerings of devotees.Comments: In the worship of demi gods (devatas), many rituals anddisciplines are required to be observed; however in worshipping Godno specific disciplines that are required to be observed. Inworship of God, love and feeling of intimacy is more important, notspecific rituals. God values the expressions and feelings. Hedoes not value the act. Just like an innocent child, grabs anythingthat comes in his hand and puts it in his mouth. Similarly, Godinnocently partakes in whatever is offered to Him by the innocentdevotees."Ye yethaa maam prapadyante, taams tethayee bhajaamyahum" Gita4:11);Just like Queen Vidurani, offers a banana's peel to God and Godeven eats the peel.From Gita Prabodhani----Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Shree HariRam RamThese actions definitely fall under 'adharma' and are no body's 'sva-dharama',these are 'nishidh' karmas only and are prohibited.Only that object or action can be offered to the Lord, what is agreeable to Himand is what is according to His Command. The devotee who has the intention ofmaking the offering to the Lord, neither he does nishidh karma nor he offers thenishidh karma to the Lord. Furthermore, whatever is offered to the Lord as arule - returns multifold, meaning the rewards in terms of punishment of anishidh karma will be multifold too. ( Pls. refer to Gita Prabodhini by SwamiRamsukhdasji page 259).Also, our consciousness (Atma, an ansha of Parmatma inside us) will warn us fromdoing nishid karmas initially, of course one can ignore the warning coming frominner being then one paves the way for his downfall only.Pls. refer to the following relevant Gita verses:Verse (16-23):Yah sastravidhim utsrja, vartate kamakaratahna sa sidhim avaponoti, na sukham na param gatimMeaning: He who disobeys the ordinance of scriptures and acts under theinfluence of his desires, neither attains success nor happiness nor the Supremegoal.Verse (16-24):tasmac sastram pramanam te, karyakaryvyasthitaujnatva sastravidhanoktam, krama kartum itha 'rhasinMeaning: Therefore, let the scripture be your authority in determining whatought to be done and what ought not to be done. Knowing this, you should actonly in accordance with sanction of scriptures.Ram RamWith loving regards,A sadhakMadan Kaura-----------------------Dear RajeevYour doubt that "If I do killing, rape, stealing and all other sociallydisagreable things by giving all its merits and demeritsto "Krishna", "Karmanye Vadhikaraste. ...." is it an acceptablebehaviour as per Geeta?" is very fuuny, indeed !!Yes, your question can be answered in the positive. It should be followed inits letter and spirit, i.e. do everything giving all its merits and demerits toKrishna. This will be a total surrender to Krishna. If you discharge all yourKarma in this way, no doubt it will be well acceptable. One should not wish totake anything from that acts and deeds (karma). But whether anybody is thereready to follow what you have mentioned…With deep pranaamsHARI OMvijayanji-----------------Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Loving Divine,Humble Pranams.•If one truly wants to transform him/herself one has to have strong desirewithin to do so otherwise words carry no meaning.•Do not ever consider yourself as bad as Swamiji and Baba both indicate thatonce you form that type of opinion within, you invite that badness within, youestablish yourself in it so free yourself from such thoughts.We need to evaluate both our good and bad sides (please note: God has nothing todo with good or bad, He is forever neutral and balanced. It is us, our societywho has created good and bad based on our value system. We only attract good orbad consequences based on our so called good or bad actions). If we considerGitaji being a representation of inner battle then, in Gitaji, Lord wants Arjunato evaluate both of his good and bad tendencies by placing the chariot right inthe middle (neutral, balanced place) from where Arjuna can see his goodtendencies (pandavas as most of the times good qualities in us are less innumber) and bad tendencies (kauravas representing our evil sides). Byrecognizing the our tendencies openly and asking for help the first step hasbeen taken towards transformation already, half the battle is won! AsYoganandaji says, to get rid of any bad tendency it takes sincere efforts foralmost 12 years. So with firm resolution continue. •Baba says our breath hasdirect relationship with what we do, e.g., in anger breath is different than incalmness. Watching breath always makes one more and more aware of what they aredoing. Once you become fully aware even though your mind would want to go onevil route your higher self will not let you divert from your path. Watchingbreath does not require for you to set aside any time.•Please stay firm, keep good company (satsang) all the time. If time permitsread scriptures only with their inner meaning. At least one Gita sloka a daywith contemplation on it through out the day is also recommended by Baba. Ifyou like chanting do so but do it with understanding its inner meaning. Whatever spiritual practice you are following continue with it - just addwatching breath to it.•Always alwasy keep in mind two important lessons from Gitaji: 1) Vasudevamsarvam iti. - 'sabkuch parmaatmaamay he' 2) sarvadharmaanparityajya mamekamsharanamvraj ahamtvaa sarvapaapebhyo mokshaishyaami maa suchh - 'paramaatmaa kisharan me hi mukti he'Lots of love and prayers, know that God is with you always.humble regards,always at Thy Divine Feet from where strength to transform flows...Manjula Patel----------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

Gurujee PranamPlease clarify me. My question is:How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, hisgrievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?Charan SparshRam Kishan YadavNigeria----------------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Swamiji in Q & A session, on 11/11/2003 at 3:30 pm states -

We are already Bhagwaan's (God's). To offer everything to the Lord, is due to wrong assumption, belief, acceptance. This mistake is to be wiped out. Self is already "Ishvar ansh, jeev avinashi, chetan, amal, sahaj sukhraashi." Self is already part of Paramatma. Everything else is in lower nature and not in the Self. Nothing is ours. Everything is Yours only from the very beginning. By considering it to be ours we made a mistake. True offering to the Lord, is not accepting these (body, mind, intellect, senses, ego etc.) as ours in the first place. Oh Lord! Now we understand. Whatever is yours is given back to You. No effort is involved. Only erroneous assumption is wiped out. There is no forgetting anymore. The mistake is erased once and for all. "Sab kuch Tera Hi Tera". "Everything is Yours and Yours Alone."

Meera Das, Ram Ram

---------

All actions (thoughts and otherwise) are based on / originate on from a particular understanding/belief. So, first the understanding has to be very clear. That is the key to any action that follows......automatically...

When we wish to surrender and offer all problems/thoughts/actions to the Lord/HIM/ Universal "I", the understanding behind should be " doership is not with me, doership is with HIM/LORD/Universal "I.

If the understanding on doership is clear, then surrender is the automatic process...all actions, problems, thoughts, grievances do not belong to you....and can be easily offered to HIM......relieving one of all stress.....and establishing one in joy and happiness....see-er of the grand play....from within but but remaining outside.....

Best wishes

Sushil Jain

Why does one wish to offer everything of his own to the Lord? One need not. When everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think is all actually given to me by Lord, how do I think that I exist and possess anything of my own? To know and realize that everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think are all His creation is itself the offer and submission to Him. Even the thought of how can I offer to Him is not mine: it is His creation. If He wills He will give the answer. And, you have got so many answers from Him already. The next step He only will tell you.

Basudeb Sen

-----------------------------

There was always a contest between Duryodhana and Dharmaraja.

Apparently, Dharmaraja would do everything according to proper Niti,

the right way to do things, while Duryodhana wasn't.

But Duryodhana says---Jaanami dharmam, nacha me pravritti,( I know the dharma, but I have no inclination towards it ). Jaanaami adharmam, nacha me nivritti ( I know what is not dharma or against the dharma, but I cannot deviate from me ), so what does he do ?

He responds to the inner God ( that directs his action, and over which he has no control ) and gives all the fruits of his actions to that Lord. His actions come from the Lord ( not from him) and he does not get attached to either the action or its fruit.

They both reach "heaven". Dharmaraja's brothers fall away from the path due to errors that they have committed. Duryodhana too falls away due to action against Niti-dharma, and Dharmaraja is the only one to have "reached" Moksha or "entered" heaven , since he followed Dharma.

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

===================================================

Shree Paramatmane Namah

Shraddey Swamiji personally while answering this question said - "that which you wish to offer (surrender) to the Lord, by not considering that as belonging to you, your surrender will be complete." (Discourse 11.11.2003)

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

-------

How can anything be offered to the one who is everything as such? What we can do is to realize how nothing is truly ours. Realization that eveything belongs to The Lord. Perhaps, 'belongs' is not a correct usage here as that requires an estrangement between the belonged and the owner. The Lord IS everything and therefore nothing can belong to Him either, no ownership can ever exist there. Therefore, realization that I cannot hold anything and that the I itself is an image that is ready to disappear anytime is of significance.

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. Once we develop utmost devotion for the Lord, then it becomes easy for us to surrender to His lotus feet. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Man mana bhava mad bhakto,Mad yaji mam namaskuru,Mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam,Atmanam mat parayanah. "(Gitaji 9, 34)Which means,'Engage your mind in thinking of Me,become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me. Once you approach Me this way, being absorbed in Me , then you will reach Me certainly. 'What we need is intense devotional serviceLord Krishna says in Gitaji,"Just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sins. Do not fear. " ( Gitaji 18,66)Once we trust the Lord completely, then surrender becomes easy. Constant chanting of Lord's name purifies our hearts, increases our devotion and in the end takes us to His Abode. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

-Shree HariRam RamThese postings below do not directly answer your question, but will give you thegist.Please read previous Sadhaka messages on this topic - for thedetails:The Ultimate Secret - Complete Surrender to God -sadhaka/message/1449HIGHLIGHTS - One must renounce all other forms of dependencies. One must notdepend on anyone. Give up dependency and reliance on all else. Simply surrenderexclusively and entirely to God. Accept Him as both means (saadhan) and the end(saadhya).------Entrust Everything Back to Godsadhaka/message/1631-------A Devotee Dedicates Everything to Godsadhaka/message/1562"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27)--------Secret of taking complete Refuge in Godsadhaka/message/1158GIST: A devotee that has taken refuge in God, does not think of himself assomething special, nor does he test whether he meets the mark of a perfectdevotee. Rather he pays absolutely no attention to his own qualities, as thismay either make him arrogant or dejected. All good qualities will come to adevotee naturally, however they are of no concern to the devotee.-------Sharanagati - Gita 18-66sadhaka/message/1139GIST: In Sharanagati, one is to do his duties (dharma) in this world,but reliance and dependency is exclusively on God. Simply take refuge only inGod, desiring nothing else, and attain not only Salvation, but eternal divinelove (ananta ras) and God Himself.----------Question: Surrendering to Godsadhaka/message/714=========================================FEW LINKS / POSTINGS FROM PRIOR GITA TALK MESSAGESOn Offering with Devotion - Gita 9:26/message/1872II 9:26 IIPatram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktyaa prayacchatiTadaham bhaktyupahrtamasnaami prayataatmanah (Gita 9:26)Whoever offers Me with love and devotion, a leaf, a flower, a fruit,or even water, I accept and relish these devout offerings of thatdevotee, whose inner self is immersed in Me. In other words, Godaccepts these offerings of devotees.Comments: In the worship of demi gods (devatas), many rituals anddisciplines are required to be observed; however in worshipping Godno specific disciplines that are required to be observed. Inworship of God, love and feeling of intimacy is more important, notspecific rituals. God values the expressions and feelings. Hedoes not value the act. Just like an innocent child, grabs anythingthat comes in his hand and puts it in his mouth. Similarly, Godinnocently partakes in whatever is offered to Him by the innocentdevotees."Ye yethaa maam prapadyante, taams tethayee bhajaamyahum" Gita4:11);Just like Queen Vidurani, offers a banana's peel to God and Godeven eats the peel.From Gita Prabodhani----Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Shree HariRam RamThese actions definitely fall under 'adharma' and are no body's 'sva-dharama',these are 'nishidh' karmas only and are prohibited.Only that object or action can be offered to the Lord, what is agreeable to Himand is what is according to His Command. The devotee who has the intention ofmaking the offering to the Lord, neither he does nishidh karma nor he offers thenishidh karma to the Lord. Furthermore, whatever is offered to the Lord as arule - returns multifold, meaning the rewards in terms of punishment of anishidh karma will be multifold too. ( Pls. refer to Gita Prabodhini by SwamiRamsukhdasji page 259).Also, our consciousness (Atma, an ansha of Parmatma inside us) will warn us fromdoing nishid karmas initially, of course one can ignore the warning coming frominner being then one paves the way for his downfall only.Pls. refer to the following relevant Gita verses:Verse (16-23):Yah sastravidhim utsrja, vartate kamakaratahna sa sidhim avaponoti, na sukham na param gatimMeaning: He who disobeys the ordinance of scriptures and acts under theinfluence of his desires, neither attains success nor happiness nor the Supremegoal.Verse (16-24):tasmac sastram pramanam te, karyakaryvyasthitaujnatva sastravidhanoktam, krama kartum itha 'rhasinMeaning: Therefore, let the scripture be your authority in determining whatought to be done and what ought not to be done. Knowing this, you should actonly in accordance with sanction of scriptures.Ram RamWith loving regards,A sadhakMadan Kaura-----------------------Dear RajeevYour doubt that "If I do killing, rape, stealing and all other sociallydisagreable things by giving all its merits and demeritsto "Krishna", "Karmanye Vadhikaraste. ...." is it an acceptablebehaviour as per Geeta?" is very fuuny, indeed !!Yes, your question can be answered in the positive. It should be followed inits letter and spirit, i.e. do everything giving all its merits and demerits toKrishna. This will be a total surrender to Krishna. If you discharge all yourKarma in this way, no doubt it will be well acceptable. One should not wish totake anything from that acts and deeds (karma). But whether anybody is thereready to follow what you have mentioned…With deep pranaamsHARI OMvijayanji-----------------Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Loving Divine,Humble Pranams.•If one truly wants to transform him/herself one has to have strong desirewithin to do so otherwise words carry no meaning.•Do not ever consider yourself as bad as Swamiji and Baba both indicate thatonce you form that type of opinion within, you invite that badness within, youestablish yourself in it so free yourself from such thoughts.We need to evaluate both our good and bad sides (please note: God has nothing todo with good or bad, He is forever neutral and balanced. It is us, our societywho has created good and bad based on our value system. We only attract good orbad consequences based on our so called good or bad actions). If we considerGitaji being a representation of inner battle then, in Gitaji, Lord wants Arjunato evaluate both of his good and bad tendencies by placing the chariot right inthe middle (neutral, balanced place) from where Arjuna can see his goodtendencies (pandavas as most of the times good qualities in us are less innumber) and bad tendencies (kauravas representing our evil sides). Byrecognizing the our tendencies openly and asking for help the first step hasbeen taken towards transformation already, half the battle is won! AsYoganandaji says, to get rid of any bad tendency it takes sincere efforts foralmost 12 years. So with firm resolution continue. •Baba says our breath hasdirect relationship with what we do, e.g., in anger breath is different than incalmness. Watching breath always makes one more and more aware of what they aredoing. Once you become fully aware even though your mind would want to go onevil route your higher self will not let you divert from your path. Watchingbreath does not require for you to set aside any time.•Please stay firm, keep good company (satsang) all the time. If time permitsread scriptures only with their inner meaning. At least one Gita sloka a daywith contemplation on it through out the day is also recommended by Baba. Ifyou like chanting do so but do it with understanding its inner meaning. Whatever spiritual practice you are following continue with it - just addwatching breath to it.•Always alwasy keep in mind two important lessons from Gitaji: 1) Vasudevamsarvam iti. - 'sabkuch parmaatmaamay he' 2) sarvadharmaanparityajya mamekamsharanamvraj ahamtvaa sarvapaapebhyo mokshaishyaami maa suchh - 'paramaatmaa kisharan me hi mukti he'Lots of love and prayers, know that God is with you always.humble regards,always at Thy Divine Feet from where strength to transform flows...Manjula Patel----------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

NEW POSTING

Ram Ram

By not keeping anything for himself.

Ramkrishna

Ram Ram

--------------

my friend,

it is so simple and yet so difficult to put in practice. do you really believe that paramaatma owns everything, is present in everything. sarva bhootasthamaatmaanam sarvabhootaani ca aatmani. if you come to that stage all you have to do is to work for the wefare of every being. let you actions not NEEDLESSLY harm any. that is service to the Lord. and that is the meaning of Yadnya and karma - bhoota bhaava udbhava karo karma saMgjitah. you dont go to a temple and do shasra naam pooja, prasad chadaana etc. they are silly acts of un understanding. do your job perfectly. to start with forget your caste. remove the yada in your name, establish the only yaadava in your heart. Then whatever you do goes to him and nowhere else.

May yadukula tilaka bless you

krishna Samudrala

-------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram

When this body itself is not mine, then this mind, intellect, ego, and all the that I consider to be mine is also not mine... then what can I offer? I do not even have the rights to call something as mine to offer it to the Lord !!!! Where is the question of everything? There is nothing! What can a child offer to his father? A child can only take the keys from his father's pocket and place them his father's hands. And the father is thrilled.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------

How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, his grievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?

is there an answer to this question, dear friends ??

Yes .........And , the answer is .........................." No you cannot ...........

as long as you are here ................. he is only there .............. He cannot be here "

BUT

when He so chooses to be with you .....

mind you, when He chooses, He enters your heart

Because, in the heart , there is no place for Two ................

So,

when He enters the heart, the 'surrender' takes place .... surrenders 'happens'

and then, you know the answer ................ surrender is NOT a DOING......

But

to your yearning heart, it must be said

what you so ardently desire , will only ' happen'

when the deep desire for death of Mind , becomes for you a deep Prayer ...

and the Lord, touched by your pining for Him, enters your heart ..........

So the devotees say, the Bhaktas affirm, " Devotion is the Best ...... "

But, they also come to know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the understanding dawns ...........

Bhakti ..... and Gyana are Not-two.............. and Karma too

For, never were you the Doer ............. Krishna verily is the Doer

AUM

narinder bhandari

ah, dear beloved sadhaks..................

you cannot ...................... how can you ? AUM

Krishna, in the joy of Loving,

Showered His Blessings... On Himself

Bestowed on Himself the gift of Self- remembrance

And, narinder was no more.. Only he was- - - - -

Krishna - - - - Hare Krishna ....Hare Krishna Hare Krishna,

Krishna Krishna , Hare Hare

In the newly awakened Krishna Consciousness

Where-ever there was witnessing,.. Seeing,.. Through the mind's eye

The Eye of the eye.. The Ear of the ear... The Tongue of the tongue

The Mind of the mind,.. Where so ever was the witnessing

There was only Krishna everywhere

In manifold manifestation !... In manifold manifestation

Himself the witness, Himself the winessing, Himself the witnessed.

Himself the rejoicing .. In Self - remembrance .. In the Self.

Krishna - Hare Krishna ! Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna , Hare Hare AUM

Narinder bhandari

ah dear beloved sadhaks ,

how narinder has rejoiced .................

reading words divine from you all, you are all not just sadhaks , blessed of the buddhas are you ...........

meera jee, sushil jee, basudeb jee , durgesg jee, vineet jee, naga jee , prasad jee .............

naman .................. and we know , don't we ................

we cannot do anything .................so impotently helpless are we .......... and yet,

we it is that must offer all to Him, the Natkhat Kruishna, who leaves us with No Choice of our own at all ...................................

It is you ..Govinda...Who choose

To bestow ... On your I am ness...Trapped a million lives in nari-ness

The Love eternal.. The Silence of Being.. The Oneness of Being

The I amness beyond the " I"... The music flavour and fragrance of Being

Just Being!.....The soft soothing song

Of the Self ...Beyond the self ,.. The I am-ness unknowable!

Jai Govinda oh ! how impotent, how helpless narinder is !!!

And it is you again, Kanha ..............Who

In the moments silent and free,..Ever so many times , my Beloved ,

Choose to walk into my thoughts...Softly, lovingly, taking care,

That no disturbance is caused,...You walk into my thoughts !

Bringing the Joy of Your radiance,A joy so light,....

That it surrounds my being, ..Engulfs me,

Without even the feel of a soft breeze

And then, ..Equally softly, ..You walk away,

Leaving me wrapped, ..With the spread of silence.

Your forays into the space and time of my mind ,

Are the Gift of Your Being,

The Gift of Your Non-being,..Being and Non-being,..

The Being..One-ness.

Thank You , Krishna, thank you

For being my Love..The perfect Lover.

The Giver,...The Gift...And ... The Receiving Heart.

AUM

narinder bhandari

Shree Hari Ram Ram

We are already Bhagwaan's (God's). To offer everything to the Lord, is due to wrong assumption, belief, acceptance. This mistake is to be wiped out. Self is already "Ishvar ansh, jeev avinashi, chetan, amal, sahaj sukhraashi." Self is already part of Paramatma. Everything else is in lower nature and not in the Self. Nothing is ours. Everything is Yours only from the very beginning. By considering it to be ours we made a mistake. True offering to the Lord, is not accepting these (body, mind, intellect, senses, ego etc.) as ours in the first place. Oh Lord! Now we understand. Whatever is yours is given back to You. No effort is involved. Only erroneous assumption is wiped out. There is no forgetting anymore. The mistake is erased once and for all. "Sab kuch Tera Hi Tera". "Everything is Yours and Yours Alone."

Meera Das, Ram Ram

---------

All actions (thoughts and otherwise) are based on / originate on from a particular understanding/belief. So, first the understanding has to be very clear. That is the key to any action that follows......automatically...

When we wish to surrender and offer all problems/thoughts/actions to the Lord/HIM/ Universal "I", the understanding behind should be " doership is not with me, doership is with HIM/LORD/Universal "I.

If the understanding on doership is clear, then surrender is the automatic process...all actions, problems, thoughts, grievances do not belong to you....and can be easily offered to HIM......relieving one of all stress.....and establishing one in joy and happiness....see-er of the grand play....from within but but remaining outside.....

Best wishes

Sushil Jain

Why does one wish to offer everything of his own to the Lord? One need not. When everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think is all actually given to me by Lord, how do I think that I exist and possess anything of my own? To know and realize that everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think are all His creation is itself the offer and submission to Him. Even the thought of how can I offer to Him is not mine: it is His creation. If He wills He will give the answer. And, you have got so many answers from Him already. The next step He only will tell you.

Basudeb Sen

But Duryodhana says---Jaanami dharmam, nacha me pravritti,( I know the dharma, but I have no inclination towards it ). Jaanaami adharmam, nacha me nivritti ( I know what is not dharma or against the dharma, but I cannot deviate from me ), so what does he do ?

He responds to the inner God ( that directs his action, and over which he has no control ) and gives all the fruits of his actions to that Lord. His actions come from the Lord ( not from him) and he does not get attached to either the action or its fruit.

They both reach "heaven". Dharmaraja's brothers fall away from the path due to errors that they have committed. Duryodhana too falls away due to action against Niti-dharma, and Dharmaraja is the only one to have "reached" Moksha or "entered" heaven , since he followed Dharma.

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

Shree Paramatmane Namah

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

-------

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

Guest guest

NEW POSTING

Ram Ram

Ramkrishna

Ram Ram

--------------

Dear Sadaks,Just keep quiet. Do not start pouring in all your problems to your creator WHO knows everything. You have been given all these because of all your past actions. First understand that and sincerely love God unconditionally. Mother Devaki lost 7 children to Kans. She was not ordinary woman. She was a great saint in the past. 3 earlier birth with her husband. Kasyapa & Adithi- Pershini & Suthapa and Devaki -Vasudev. Apart from this: Great Bakthas never even whispered their problems. But God rescued them. What you will ask, is to solve present problem. But next will be ready. Your pursuit endless. Therefore have faith that HE knows everything and God remains ever with you. Purander Doss was tied to pillar (Can be seen today at Panderpur) to be slashed. But he sang to Sri Vittal, " When my bad deeds of past is in my account, I would not call you my God." But surprise he was rescued. Jada Bharat was to be beheaded (Worst problem than you or me can expect), he just without any whisper or calling Bagavan kept his head to be cut and let it happen. But Maatha Durga appeared and saved. Here Jada Bharat never thanked Maatha Durga, as for him living or dieing was one and the same. Here faith in Bagavan and surrender, to say let what may happen it is all HIS. Dear Sadak, Bagavan is Purushotaman, Amara Prabu. King of all kings. Why beg petty things with great king, WHO is ready to offer HIMSELF to you. Such begging Bagavan still calls HIS Baktha as Kamyartha Baktha in Geetha. However you may be. Only a thought on HIM makes HIM feel that you are HIS baktha.B.Sathyanarayan

--------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

By accepting Him as the both means (saadhan) and the end (saadhya), everything automatically becomes an offering to Him. "Yat Karoshi yadasnaasi yajjyuhoshi dadaasi yat; Yattapasyasi kaunteye tatkurushva madarpanam." (Gita 9:27)"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27) Meera Das, Ram Ram

----------------------

my friend,

it is so simple and yet so difficult to put in practice. do you really believe that paramaatma owns everything, is present in everything. sarva bhootasthamaatmaanam sarvabhootaani ca aatmani. if you come to that stage all you have to do is to work for the wefare of every being. let you actions not NEEDLESSLY harm any. that is service to the Lord. and that is the meaning of Yadnya and karma - bhoota bhaava udbhava karo karma saMgjitah. you dont go to a temple and do shasra naam pooja, prasad chadaana etc. they are silly acts of un understanding. do your job perfectly. to start with forget your caste. remove the yada in your name, establish the only yaadava in your heart. Then whatever you do goes to him and nowhere else.

krishna Samudrala

When this body itself is not mine, then this mind, intellect, ego, and all the that I consider to be mine is also not mine... then what can I offer? I do not even have the rights to call something as mine to offer it to the Lord !!!! Where is the question of everything? There is nothing! What can a child offer to his father? A child can only take the keys from his father's pocket and place them his father's hands. And the father is thrilled.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------

How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, his grievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?

Yes .........And , the answer is .........................." No you cannot ...........

as long as you are here ................. he is only there .............. He cannot be here "

BUT

So,

But

But, they also come to know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the understanding dawns ...........

AUM

narinder bhandari

Krishna - Hare Krishna ! Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna , Hare Hare AUM

Narinder bhandari

reading words divine from you all, you are all not just sadhaks , blessed of the buddhas are you ...........

meera jee, sushil jee, basudeb jee , durgesg jee, vineet jee, naga jee , prasad jee .............

we cannot do anything .................so impotently helpless are we .......... and yet,

we it is that must offer all to Him, the Natkhat Kruishna, who leaves us with No Choice of our own at all ...................................

The Being..One-ness.

AUM

narinder bhandari

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das, Ram Ram

---------

Best wishes

Sushil Jain

Basudeb Sen

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

Shree Paramatmane Namah

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

-------

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

Guest guest

Gurujee PranamPlease clarify me. My question is:How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, hisgrievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?Charan SparshRam Kishan YadavNigeria----------------------NEW POSTINGNamasteBhagavan does not want everything:GITA 9:26,27 -- Whoever with devotion offers Me a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water, that I acceptâ€"the devout gift of the pure-minded. Whatever thou doest, whatever thou eatest, whatever thou offerest in sacrifice, whatever thou givest away, whatever austerity thou practisest, O son of Kunti, do that as an offering unto Me.GITA 9:34 -- Fill thy mind with Me, be My devotee, sacrifice unto Me, bow down to Me; thus having made thy heart steadfast in Me, taking Me as the Supreme Goal, thou shalt come to Me.Ram Ram, Deosaran Bisnath--HOW CAN ONE ?When you came naked, will leave naked! What had you brought with you when you were born, and what will you take with you? Whatever is received it is given by HIM . By having this illusion / in that your entire life will be spent and wasted away in darknessKishin Chandiramani IN HINDI Jub Aaya Nangha Jayegha Nangha !Kiya leke aaye thhe, kiya leke jayegha. Jo kuchhu bhee mila hai, UNKA dhiya hua hai. Yeh bharam karte/ usme rahte sara jivan undheron mein guzar jayegha. Kishin Chandiramani -----------------------Ram RamBy not keeping anything for himself.RamkrishnaRam Ram--------------Dear Sadaks,Just keep quiet. Do not start pouring in all your problems to your creator WHO knows everything. You have been given all these because of all your past actions. First understand that and sincerely love God unconditionally. Mother Devaki lost 7 children to Kans. She was not ordinary woman. She was a great saint in the past. 3 earlier birth with her husband. Kasyapa & Adithi- Pershini & Suthapa and Devaki -Vasudev. Apart from this: Great Bakthas never even whispered their problems. But God rescued them. What you will ask, is to solve present problem. But next will be ready. Your pursuit endless. Therefore have faith that HE knows everything and God remains ever with you. Purander Doss was tied to pillar (Can be seen today at Panderpur) to be slashed. But he sang to Sri Vittal, " When my bad deeds of past is in my account, I would not call you my God." But surprise he was rescued. Jada Bharat was to be beheaded (Worst problem than you or me can expect), he just without any whisper or calling Bagavan kept his head to be cut and let it happen. But Maatha Durga appeared and saved. Here Jada Bharat never thanked Maatha Durga, as for him living or dieing was one and the same. Here faith in Bagavan and surrender, to say let what may happen it is all HIS. Dear Sadak, Bagavan is Purushotaman, Amara Prabu. King of all kings. Why beg petty things with great king, WHO is ready to offer HIMSELF to you. Such begging Bagavan still calls HIS Baktha as Kamyartha Baktha in Geetha. However you may be. Only a thought on HIM makes HIM feel that you are HIS baktha.B.Sathyanarayan--------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram By accepting Him as the both means (saadhan) and the end (saadhya), everything automatically becomes an offering to Him. "Yat Karoshi yadasnaasi yajjyuhoshi dadaasi yat; Yattapasyasi kaunteye tatkurushva madarpanam." (Gita 9:27)"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27) Meera Das, Ram Ram----------------------my friend,it is so simple and yet so difficult to put in practice. do you really believe that paramaatma owns everything, is present in everything. sarva bhootasthamaatmaanam sarvabhootaani ca aatmani. if you come to that stage all you have to do is to work for the wefare of every being. let you actions not NEEDLESSLY harm any. that is service to the Lord. and that is the meaning of Yadnya and karma - bhoota bhaava udbhava karo karma saMgjitah. you dont go to a temple and do shasra naam pooja, prasad chadaana etc. they are silly acts of un understanding. do your job perfectly. to start with forget your caste. remove the yada in your name, establish the only yaadava in your heart. Then whatever you do goes to him and nowhere else. May yadukula tilaka bless youkrishna Samudrala -------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram When this body itself is not mine, then this mind, intellect, ego, and all the that I consider to be mine is also not mine... then what can I offer? I do not even have the rights to call something as mine to offer it to the Lord !!!! Where is the question of everything? There is nothing! What can a child offer to his father? A child can only take the keys from his father's pocket and place them his father's hands. And the father is thrilled. Meera Das, Ram Ram ------------------- How can one offer / surrender all his actions, thoughts, himself, his grievances, his problems, his everything's to the Lotus Feet of the Lord?is there an answer to this question, dear friends ?? Yes .........And , the answer is .........................." No you cannot ........... as long as you are here ................. he is only there .............. He cannot be here "BUTwhen He so chooses to be with you ..... mind you, when He chooses, He enters your heart Because, in the heart , there is no place for Two ................So, when He enters the heart, the 'surrender' takes place .... surrenders 'happens'and then, you know the answer ................ surrender is NOT a DOING...... Butto your yearning heart, it must be saidwhat you so ardently desire , will only ' happen'when the deep desire for death of Mind , becomes for you a deep Prayer ...and the Lord, touched by your pining for Him, enters your heart ..........So the devotees say, the Bhaktas affirm, " Devotion is the Best ...... "But, they also come to know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the understanding dawns ...........Bhakti ..... and Gyana are Not-two.............. and Karma too For, never were you the Doer ............. Krishna verily is the Doer AUMnarinder bhandari-------------------------ah, dear beloved sadhaks..................you cannot ...................... how can you ? AUMKrishna, in the joy of Loving, Showered His Blessings... On HimselfBestowed on Himself the gift of Self- remembranceAnd, narinder was no more.. Only he was- - - - -Krishna - - - - Hare Krishna ....Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna , Hare HareIn the newly awakened Krishna ConsciousnessWhere-ever there was witnessing,.. Seeing,.. Through the mind's eyeThe Eye of the eye.. The Ear of the ear... The Tongue of the tongue The Mind of the mind,.. Where so ever was the witnessingThere was only Krishna everywhereIn manifold manifestation !... In manifold manifestation Himself the witness, Himself the winessing, Himself the witnessed. Himself the rejoicing .. In Self - remembrance .. In the Self. Krishna - Hare Krishna ! Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna , Hare Hare AUM Narinder bhandari-------------------------ah dear beloved sadhaks , how narinder has rejoiced ................. reading words divine from you all, you are all not just sadhaks , blessed of the buddhas are you ...........meera jee, sushil jee, basudeb jee , durgesg jee, vineet jee, naga jee , prasad jee .............naman .................. and we know , don't we ................ we cannot do anything .................so impotently helpless are we .......... and yet, we it is that must offer all to Him, the Natkhat Kruishna, who leaves us with No Choice of our own at all ................................... It is you ..Govinda...Who choose To bestow ... On your I am ness...Trapped a million lives in nari-ness The Love eternal.. The Silence of Being.. The Oneness of Being The I amness beyond the " I"... The music flavour and fragrance of Being Just Being!.....The soft soothing songOf the Self ...Beyond the self ,.. The I am-ness unknowable! Jai Govinda oh ! how impotent, how helpless narinder is !!!And it is you again, Kanha ..............Who In the moments silent and free,..Ever so many times , my Beloved , Choose to walk into my thoughts...Softly, lovingly, taking care,That no disturbance is caused,...You walk into my thoughts !Bringing the Joy of Your radiance,A joy so light,....That it surrounds my being, ..Engulfs me, Without even the feel of a soft breezeAnd then, ..Equally softly, ..You walk away, Leaving me wrapped, ..With the spread of silence.Your forays into the space and time of my mind ,Are the Gift of Your Being, The Gift of Your Non-being,..Being and Non-being,..The Being..One-ness.Thank You , Krishna, thank youFor being my Love..The perfect Lover.The Giver,...The Gift...And ... The Receiving Heart.AUM narinder bhandari-------------------------Shree Hari Ram Ram Swamiji in Q & A session, on 11/11/2003 at 3:30 pm states - We are already Bhagwaan's (God's). To offer everything to the Lord, is due to wrong assumption, belief, acceptance. This mistake is to be wiped out. Self is already "Ishvar ansh, jeev avinashi, chetan, amal, sahaj sukhraashi." Self is already part of Paramatma. Everything else is in lower nature and not in the Self. Nothing is ours. Everything is Yours only from the very beginning. By considering it to be ours we made a mistake. True offering to the Lord, is not accepting these (body, mind, intellect, senses, ego etc.) as ours in the first place. Oh Lord! Now we understand. Whatever is yours is given back to You. No effort is involved. Only erroneous assumption is wiped out. There is no forgetting anymore. The mistake is erased once and for all. "Sab kuch Tera Hi Tera". "Everything is Yours and Yours Alone." Meera Das, Ram Ram --------- All actions (thoughts and otherwise) are based on / originate on from a particular understanding/belief. So, first the understanding has to be very clear. That is the key to any action that follows......automatically... When we wish to surrender and offer all problems/thoughts/actions to the Lord/HIM/ Universal "I", the understanding behind should be " doership is not with me, doership is with HIM/LORD/Universal "I. If the understanding on doership is clear, then surrender is the automatic process...all actions, problems, thoughts, grievances do not belong to you....and can be easily offered to HIM......relieving one of all stress.....and establishing one in joy and happiness....see-er of the grand play....from within but but remaining outside..... Best wishesSushil Jain -------------------------Why does one wish to offer everything of his own to the Lord? One need not. When everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think is all actually given to me by Lord, how do I think that I exist and possess anything of my own? To know and realize that everything of what I do, I have, I imagine, I dream and I think are all His creation is itself the offer and submission to Him. Even the thought of how can I offer to Him is not mine: it is His creation. If He wills He will give the answer. And, you have got so many answers from Him already. The next step He only will tell you.Basudeb Sen-----------------------------There was always a contest between Duryodhana and Dharmaraja. Apparently, Dharmaraja would do everything according to proper Niti,the right way to do things, while Duryodhana wasn't. But Duryodhana says---Jaanami dharmam, nacha me pravritti,( I know the dharma, but I have no inclination towards it ). Jaanaami adharmam, nacha me nivritti ( I know what is not dharma or against the dharma, but I cannot deviate from me ), so what does he do ? He responds to the inner God ( that directs his action, and over which he has no control ) and gives all the fruits of his actions to that Lord. His actions come from the Lord ( not from him) and he does not get attached to either the action or its fruit. They both reach "heaven". Dharmaraja's brothers fall away from the path due to errors that they have committed. Duryodhana too falls away due to action against Niti-dharma, and Dharmaraja is the only one to have "reached" Moksha or "entered" heaven , since he followed Dharma. Durgesh Mankikar,MD===================================================Shree Paramatmane NamahShraddey Swamiji personally while answering this question said - "that which you wish to offer (surrender) to the Lord, by not considering that as belonging to you, your surrender will be complete." (Discourse 11.11.2003) So be it.Vineet Sarvottam----Shree Hari Ram Ram Those who can understand hindi can listen to this discourse at: http://www.swamiramsukhdasji.org/swamijicontent/ BY SELECTING DATE AND DOWNLOADING And scrolling down to specific date.Gita Talk Moderators, Ram Ram ------- How can one Offer Everything to the Lord?How can anything be offered to the one who is everything as such? What we can do is to realize how nothing is truly ours. Realization that eveything belongs to The Lord. Perhaps, 'belongs' is not a correct usage here as that requires an estrangement between the belonged and the owner. The Lord IS everything and therefore nothing can belong to Him either, no ownership can ever exist there. Therefore, realization that I cannot hold anything and that the I itself is an image that is ready to disappear anytime is of significance. Respects.Naga Narayana.-------------------------Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. Once we develop utmost devotion for the Lord, then it becomes easy for us to surrender to His lotus feet. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Man mana bhava mad bhakto,Mad yaji mam namaskuru,Mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam,Atmanam mat parayanah. "(Gitaji 9, 34)Which means,'Engage your mind in thinking of Me,become My devotee, offer obeisances to Me. Once you approach Me this way, being absorbed in Me , then you will reach Me certainly. 'What we need is intense devotional serviceLord Krishna says in Gitaji,"Just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sins. Do not fear. " ( Gitaji 18,66)Once we trust the Lord completely, then surrender becomes easy. Constant chanting of Lord's name purifies our hearts, increases our devotion and in the end takes us to His Abode. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D-Shree HariRam RamThese postings below do not directly answer your question, but will give you thegist.Please read previous Sadhaka messages on this topic - for thedetails:The Ultimate Secret - Complete Surrender to God -sadhaka/message/1449HIGHLIGHTS - One must renounce all other forms of dependencies. One must notdepend on anyone. Give up dependency and reliance on all else. Simply surrenderexclusively and entirely to God. Accept Him as both means (saadhan) and the end(saadhya).------Entrust Everything Back to Godsadhaka/message/1631-------A Devotee Dedicates Everything to Godsadhaka/message/1562"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27)--------Secret of taking complete Refuge in Godsadhaka/message/1158GIST: A devotee that has taken refuge in God, does not think of himself assomething special, nor does he test whether he meets the mark of a perfectdevotee. Rather he pays absolutely no attention to his own qualities, as thismay either make him arrogant or dejected. All good qualities will come to adevotee naturally, however they are of no concern to the devotee.-------Sharanagati - Gita 18-66sadhaka/message/1139GIST: In Sharanagati, one is to do his duties (dharma) in this world,but reliance and dependency is exclusively on God. Simply take refuge only inGod, desiring nothing else, and attain not only Salvation, but eternal divinelove (ananta ras) and God Himself.----------Question: Surrendering to Godsadhaka/message/714=========================================FEW LINKS / POSTINGS FROM PRIOR GITA TALK MESSAGESOn Offering with Devotion - Gita 9:26/message/1872II 9:26 IIPatram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktyaa prayacchatiTadaham bhaktyupahrtamasnaami prayataatmanah (Gita 9:26)Whoever offers Me with love and devotion, a leaf, a flower, a fruit,or even water, I accept and relish these devout offerings of thatdevotee, whose inner self is immersed in Me. In other words, Godaccepts these offerings of devotees.Comments: In the worship of demi gods (devatas), many rituals anddisciplines are required to be observed; however in worshipping Godno specific disciplines that are required to be observed. Inworship of God, love and feeling of intimacy is more important, notspecific rituals. God values the expressions and feelings. Hedoes not value the act. Just like an innocent child, grabs anythingthat comes in his hand and puts it in his mouth. Similarly, Godinnocently partakes in whatever is offered to Him by the innocentdevotees."Ye yethaa maam prapadyante, taams tethayee bhajaamyahum" Gita4:11);Just like Queen Vidurani, offers a banana's peel to God and Godeven eats the peel.From Gita Prabodhani----Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Shree HariRam RamThese actions definitely fall under 'adharma' and are no body's 'sva-dharama',these are 'nishidh' karmas only and are prohibited.Only that object or action can be offered to the Lord, what is agreeable to Himand is what is according to His Command. The devotee who has the intention ofmaking the offering to the Lord, neither he does nishidh karma nor he offers thenishidh karma to the Lord. Furthermore, whatever is offered to the Lord as arule - returns multifold, meaning the rewards in terms of punishment of anishidh karma will be multifold too. ( Pls. refer to Gita Prabodhini by SwamiRamsukhdasji page 259).Also, our consciousness (Atma, an ansha of Parmatma inside us) will warn us fromdoing nishid karmas initially, of course one can ignore the warning coming frominner being then one paves the way for his downfall only.Pls. refer to the following relevant Gita verses:Verse (16-23):Yah sastravidhim utsrja, vartate kamakaratahna sa sidhim avaponoti, na sukham na param gatimMeaning: He who disobeys the ordinance of scriptures and acts under theinfluence of his desires, neither attains success nor happiness nor the Supremegoal.Verse (16-24):tasmac sastram pramanam te, karyakaryvyasthitaujnatva sastravidhanoktam, krama kartum itha 'rhasinMeaning: Therefore, let the scripture be your authority in determining whatought to be done and what ought not to be done. Knowing this, you should actonly in accordance with sanction of scriptures.Ram RamWith loving regards,A sadhakMadan Kaura-----------------------Dear RajeevYour doubt that "If I do killing, rape, stealing and all other sociallydisagreable things by giving all its merits and demeritsto "Krishna", "Karmanye Vadhikaraste. ...." is it an acceptablebehaviour as per Geeta?" is very fuuny, indeed !!Yes, your question can be answered in the positive. It should be followed inits letter and spirit, i.e. do everything giving all its merits and demerits toKrishna. This will be a total surrender to Krishna. If you discharge all yourKarma in this way, no doubt it will be well acceptable. One should not wish totake anything from that acts and deeds (karma). But whether anybody is thereready to follow what you have mentioned…With deep pranaamsHARI OMvijayanji-----------------Is it Acceptable per Geeta to Make All Actions (Good and Bad) an Offering toGod?Loving Divine,Humble Pranams.•If one truly wants to transform him/herself one has to have strong desirewithin to do so otherwise words carry no meaning.•Do not ever consider yourself as bad as Swamiji and Baba both indicate thatonce you form that type of opinion within, you invite that badness within, youestablish yourself in it so free yourself from such thoughts.We need to evaluate both our good and bad sides (please note: God has nothing todo with good or bad, He is forever neutral and balanced. It is us, our societywho has created good and bad based on our value system. We only attract good orbad consequences based on our so called good or bad actions). If we considerGitaji being a representation of inner battle then, in Gitaji, Lord wants Arjunato evaluate both of his good and bad tendencies by placing the chariot right inthe middle (neutral, balanced place) from where Arjuna can see his goodtendencies (pandavas as most of the times good qualities in us are less innumber) and bad tendencies (kauravas representing our evil sides). Byrecognizing the our tendencies openly and asking for help the first step hasbeen taken towards transformation already, half the battle is won! AsYoganandaji says, to get rid of any bad tendency it takes sincere efforts foralmost 12 years. So with firm resolution continue. •Baba says our breath hasdirect relationship with what we do, e.g., in anger breath is different than incalmness. Watching breath always makes one more and more aware of what they aredoing. Once you become fully aware even though your mind would want to go onevil route your higher self will not let you divert from your path. Watchingbreath does not require for you to set aside any time.•Please stay firm, keep good company (satsang) all the time. If time permitsread scriptures only with their inner meaning. At least one Gita sloka a daywith contemplation on it through out the day is also recommended by Baba. Ifyou like chanting do so but do it with understanding its inner meaning. Whatever spiritual practice you are following continue with it - just addwatching breath to it.•Always alwasy keep in mind two important lessons from Gitaji: 1) Vasudevamsarvam iti. - 'sabkuch parmaatmaamay he' 2) sarvadharmaanparityajya mamekamsharanamvraj ahamtvaa sarvapaapebhyo mokshaishyaami maa suchh - 'paramaatmaa kisharan me hi mukti he'Lots of love and prayers, know that God is with you always.humble regards,always at Thy Divine Feet from where strength to transform flows...Manjula Patel----------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

NEW POSTING

Hari OmScriptures/ Saints and Sages of Sanatan Dharma are extra-ordinary. More often than not they explain in one sentence what we cannot express in one book . Consider the following:TVADEEYAM VASTU GOVINDAM, TUBHYAMEVA SAMARPAYE !!O Govinda! I am offering back that thing which you have given to me !!Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B -------

Dear Followers, CONFUSION OF ME . A lot has been mentioned and discussed about "Me" as Lord "Mam ekam sharanam".... and so on. Some says rather most of the followers that 'Me ' means only Krishna thereby making Krishna as one and the only entity. Can some one throw some light on this confusion of me?R.K.Raina

---------------------------

Dear Sadaks,

Namskar (Bowing to the shape (Aakar) which exists in you all)We (at any state of spiritual level) could offer everything to the Lord through the control of our MINDS. True, in fact at the final stage of MIND development, ALL IS LORD only then who would offer whom and what is million doller question???It is because of lower stages of MIND's spiritual levels only that we even exist as separate identities and initiate desires, perform actions and expect results in turn. Let us analyse the question itself at MIND's medium level of spirituality! Shri Yadav developed a desire to offer everything to the Lord through his MIND and wanted to know how!!?? Definitely, he must a reason to do so and which can be nothing but to achieve satisfaction. To control MIND Lord krishna has recommended: Asamshyam Mahabaho, Mano Durnigrahm Chalam! Abasen Nate Kountey, Yiragein Che Greyate !! [Chap. 6 verse ?_ ] Practice and Renunciation of world (Yirag) are the two tools to control the fickleness of vibrant MIND slowly and steadily! Once MIND is controlled to a desirable extent, Lord Krishna descibes its beauty; Jitat Mana Preshantasye, Pramatma Samhita! Shetushn Shukh Dhukhshu, Tatha Man Upmaniyo!! [Chap. 6 verse ?_] One who has conquored his MIND, the Lord himself prevails in his utmost peaceful MIND. He remains balanced with worldly respect or disrespect alike and also getting hot or cold do not matter to him.Later on mentioning how mind works he says: Mum Avansho Jeevloke, Jev Bhota Santana! Mana Sheshthani Indriyani,Prakritis Tani Karishyati!![Chap.? Verse?] The Lord exists as Jeeva (Living being)in Jeev Loka (world)eternally with changed physical five senses while sixth as MIND which all act according to their nature. Concluding, it is the MIND which accepts Individual is performing action so becomes responsible for its fruit. So if one wants to offer everything to the Lord then first he has to control his MIND which would help him to feel that he is not the real doer but it is the nature of his senses and mind set by the Lord himself. This is what is "Real offering of everything to Lord"Namaskar ALL once againKuldeep. K. Kaul

Namaste

Bhagavan does not want everything:

GITA 9:26,27 --

Whoever with devotion offers Me a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water, that I acceptâ€"the devout gift of the pure-minded.

Whatever thou doest, whatever thou eatest, whatever thou offerest in sacrifice, whatever thou givest away, whatever austerity thou practisest, O son of Kunti, do that as an offering unto Me.

GITA 9:34 -- Fill thy mind with Me, be My devotee, sacrifice unto Me, bow down to Me; thus having made thy heart steadfast in Me, taking Me as the Supreme Goal, thou shalt come to Me.

Ram Ram,

Deosaran Bisnath

--

HOW CAN ONE ?

When you came naked, will leave naked!

What had you brought with you when you were born, and what will you take with you?

Whatever is received it is given by HIM .

By having this illusion / in that your entire life will be spent and wasted away in darkness

Kishin Chandiramani

IN HINDI

Jub Aaya Nangha Jayegha Nangha !

Kiya leke aaye thhe, kiya leke jayegha.

Jo kuchhu bhee mila hai, UNKA dhiya hua hai.

Yeh bharam karte/ usme rahte sara jivan undheron mein guzar jayegha. Kishin Chandiramani

----------------------- Ram Ram

Ramkrishna

Ram Ram

--------------

Dear Sadaks,Just keep quiet. Do not start pouring in all your problems to your creator WHO knows everything. You have been given all these because of all your past actions. First understand that and sincerely love God unconditionally. Mother Devaki lost 7 children to Kans. She was not ordinary woman. She was a great saint in the past. 3 earlier birth with her husband. Kasyapa & Adithi- Pershini & Suthapa and Devaki -Vasudev. Apart from this: Great Bakthas never even whispered their problems. But God rescued them. What you will ask, is to solve present problem. But next will be ready. Your pursuit endless. Therefore have faith that HE knows everything and God remains ever with you. Purander Doss was tied to pillar (Can be seen today at Panderpur) to be slashed. But he sang to Sri Vittal, " When my bad deeds of past is in my account, I would not call you my God." But surprise he was rescued. Jada Bharat was to be beheaded (Worst problem than you or me can expect), he just without any whisper or calling Bagavan kept his head to be cut and let it happen. But Maatha Durga appeared and saved. Here Jada Bharat never thanked Maatha Durga, as for him living or dieing was one and the same. Here faith in Bagavan and surrender, to say let what may happen it is all HIS. Dear Sadak, Bagavan is Purushotaman, Amara Prabu. King of all kings. Why beg petty things with great king, WHO is ready to offer HIMSELF to you. Such begging Bagavan still calls HIS Baktha as Kamyartha Baktha in Geetha. However you may be. Only a thought on HIM makes HIM feel that you are HIS baktha.B.Sathyanarayan

--------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

By accepting Him as the both means (saadhan) and the end (saadhya), everything automatically becomes an offering to Him. "Yat Karoshi yadasnaasi yajjyuhoshi dadaasi yat; Yattapasyasi kaunteye tatkurushva madarpanam." (Gita 9:27)"Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice (yagna),whatever you bestow as gift, whatever you do by way of penance, dedicate it allto Me." (Gita 9:27) Meera Das, Ram Ram

----------------------

my friend,

krishna Samudrala

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------

BUT

So,

But

AUM

narinder bhandari

Narinder bhandari

The Being..One-ness.

AUM

narinder bhandari

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das, Ram Ram

---------

Best wishes

Sushil Jain

Basudeb Sen

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

Shree Paramatmane Namah

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

-------

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

Guest guest

NEW POSTING

There are special verses on this subject Ask the Priest you know

There are special prayers or bhajan on surrender

S S Bhatt

-----

Hari OmRainaji has asked a beautiful question. Please understand it this way. Purusha (Pure individual soul- Part of Paramatma- Para ) has formed an affinity with Prakruti (Nature- an independent functioning power of Parmatma- Apara ) and therefore is called Jeeva. (A mix of Para and Apara Prakruti). This Jeeva is not the 'doer' of anything- Prakruti is doer of everything. But this Jeeva is Bhokta- suferrer/experiencer of the results of ' assumed doings' ! This Jeeva is sorrowful/deficient and not peaceful, BECAUSE of this affinity !! Jeeva can , by nature, only accept or reject. As stated he is not doer at all. This 'affinity' with Prakruti is by way of a wrong acceptance- "Me" (I am body) and "Mine" (Body is mine/World is mine) ! This "me" and "mine" is called Ego !! Because Jeeva is sorrowful, and because this Ego only is responsible for causing sorrows to Jeeva- All Scriptures of Sanatan Dharma insist for addressing this EGO !! All 3 major Yogas address this "me/mine" syndrome in different ways. Bhakti Yoga CHANGES the "me/mine" assumption. Karma Yoga PURIFIES this "me/mine" assumption. Jnana Yoga ELIMINATES this "me/mine" assumption.Your query is regarding Bhakti Yoga. In Bhakti Yoga your existing "me/mine" assumption (Jeevaness- Ego) is CHANGED from:I am body. Body is mine. I am of the world, the world is mineTOI am of God. ONLY God is mine. Nothing else is mine. (Mere to Girdhar Gopaal, Doosaro Na Koi)Hence , I/ me becomes Krishna (because you are part of Krishna). Mine becomes Krishna and not any other, not the world.Thus, comes I (Krishna) and of (Krishna) . Now this status CANNOT be arrived at UNLESS you negate the "me/mineness" with world. Because 'assumption/acceptance' of me/mine with reference to world made you Jeeva, made you bound, made you ever sorrowful (dukhalayam) ! IT IS A LAW - that existing acceptance can be changed ONLY by rejection- Tyagaat Shanti Anantram- BG 12:12 !! Thus you can become peaceful only by renouncing (Tyaag) !When you do so and when you change your Ego as above with reference to Me/Mine... Only God remains behind... Me (Part of God), Mine (of God) ! This is PROVIDED there no other - Doosaro Na Koi.LATER ON - after you have liberated as aforesaid- and other essentials of Bhakti, and PARA BHAKTI like Ever increasing love for Paramatma/humanity, sarva bhoot hite rataa, has arisen, and insistence for 'individual understanding' has vanished... the same changed ego converts into an experience of THERE IS VASUDEV ONLY. (BG 7:19). Because it is a LAW- that acceptance converts itself into experience. Experience thus is result of acceptance and not vice versa. PROVIDED No Sarvam remains. Only Vasudev remains. Sarvam , being Asat, goes out into non-existence/ out of your very experience. Hope you are clear. Do come back with your queries. In Karma Yoga the process is different. In Jnana Yoga still different. Vasudev Sarvam can be realised in case of Bhakti Yoga only. Jnana Yogis and Karma Yogis after liberation MAY opt for Bhakti/Para Bhakti. Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B-------------------------------

Sharnagati or surrender is the most powerful of all actions. Surrender of what one does not like is not what is required. True surrender is when something whom one likes very much is given away. Whether we like it or not everything belongs to Parmatma anyway and the only purpose of our existence as human beings is to merge our Soul or Atma with the Parmatma and be liberated from the eternal and painful cycle of endless births and death. Therefore the only thing that we can offer the Parmatma is our Soul.

Hari Shanker Deo

Hari OmScriptures/ Saints and Sages of Sanatan Dharma are extra-ordinary. More often than not they explain in one sentence what we cannot express in one book . Consider the following:TVADEEYAM VASTU GOVINDAM, TUBHYAMEVA SAMARPAYE !!O Govinda! I am offering back that thing which you have given to me !!Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B -------

Dear Followers, CONFUSION OF ME . A lot has been mentioned and discussed about "Me" as Lord "Mam ekam sharanam".... and so on. Some says rather most of the followers that 'Me ' means only Krishna thereby making Krishna as one and the only entity. Can some one throw some light on this confusion of me?R.K.Raina

---------------------------

Dear Sadaks,

Namskar (Bowing to the shape (Aakar) which exists in you all)We (at any state of spiritual level) could offer everything to the Lord through the control of our MINDS. True, in fact at the final stage of MIND development, ALL IS LORD only then who would offer whom and what is million doller question???It is because of lower stages of MIND's spiritual levels only that we even exist as separate identities and initiate desires, perform actions and expect results in turn. Let us analyse the question itself at MIND's medium level of spirituality! Shri Yadav developed a desire to offer everything to the Lord through his MIND and wanted to know how!!?? Definitely, he must a reason to do so and which can be nothing but to achieve satisfaction. To control MIND Lord krishna has recommended: Asamshyam Mahabaho, Mano Durnigrahm Chalam! Abasen Nate Kountey, Yiragein Che Greyate !! [Chap. 6 verse ?_ ] Practice and Renunciation of world (Yirag) are the two tools to control the fickleness of vibrant MIND slowly and steadily! Once MIND is controlled to a desirable extent, Lord Krishna descibes its beauty; Jitat Mana Preshantasye, Pramatma Samhita! Shetushn Shukh Dhukhshu, Tatha Man Upmaniyo!! [Chap. 6 verse ?_] One who has conquored his MIND, the Lord himself prevails in his utmost peaceful MIND. He remains balanced with worldly respect or disrespect alike and also getting hot or cold do not matter to him.Later on mentioning how mind works he says: Mum Avansho Jeevloke, Jev Bhota Santana! Mana Sheshthani Indriyani,Prakritis Tani Karishyati!![Chap.? Verse?] The Lord exists as Jeeva (Living being)in Jeev Loka (world)eternally with changed physical five senses while sixth as MIND which all act according to their nature. Concluding, it is the MIND which accepts Individual is performing action so becomes responsible for its fruit. So if one wants to offer everything to the Lord then first he has to control his MIND which would help him to feel that he is not the real doer but it is the nature of his senses and mind set by the Lord himself. This is what is "Real offering of everything to Lord"Namaskar ALL once againKuldeep. K. Kaul

Namaste

Bhagavan does not want everything:

GITA 9:26,27 --

Whoever with devotion offers Me a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water, that I acceptâ€"the devout gift of the pure-minded.

Whatever thou doest, whatever thou eatest, whatever thou offerest in sacrifice, whatever thou givest away, whatever austerity thou practisest, O son of Kunti, do that as an offering unto Me.

GITA 9:34 -- Fill thy mind with Me, be My devotee, sacrifice unto Me, bow down to Me; thus having made thy heart steadfast in Me, taking Me as the Supreme Goal, thou shalt come to Me.

Ram Ram,

Deosaran Bisnath

--

HOW CAN ONE ?

When you came naked, will leave naked!

What had you brought with you when you were born, and what will you take with you?

Whatever is received it is given by HIM .

By having this illusion / in that your entire life will be spent and wasted away in darkness

Kishin Chandiramani

IN HINDI

Jub Aaya Nangha Jayegha Nangha !

Kiya leke aaye thhe, kiya leke jayegha.

Jo kuchhu bhee mila hai, UNKA dhiya hua hai.

Yeh bharam karte/ usme rahte sara jivan undheron mein guzar jayegha. Kishin Chandiramani

----------------------- Ram Ram

Ramkrishna

Ram Ram

--------------

--------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

----------------------

my friend,

krishna Samudrala

Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------

BUT

So,

But

AUM

narinder bhandari

Narinder bhandari

The Being..One-ness.

AUM

narinder bhandari

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das, Ram Ram

---------

Best wishes

Sushil Jain

Basudeb Sen

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

Shree Paramatmane Namah

So be it.

Vineet Sarvottam

----

Shree Hari Ram Ram

-------

Respects.

Naga Narayana.