Guest guest

Solution to Be Free of All Sorrows, Remorse, Regrets (nishouk)- Please Share

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Paramatmane Namh

In Sadhak Sanjivani Chapter 2 Verse 27, Swamiji has said -

"Shouk usikaa kijiye, jo anhoni hoi;

Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi."

One must only feel remorse / regrets for those happening which is improbable/impossible. The impossible doesn't happen, that which was meant to happen, happens.

Now for what must one feel remorse? Who feels sorry for that which doesn't happen? How can he feel regret for which did not happen at all? This is a "mool mantra" for completely getting rid of sorrows, remorse and regrets (shouk).

Very knowledgeable sadhaks, please share your thoughts on this point, whether it is a guarantee for being free of all sorrows, remorse, regrets?

Vineet Sarvottam

==================================

FROM GITA TALK MODERATORSplease be BRIEF, RELEVANT, AND RESPECTFUL. Ram Ram------------------Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: - To receive daily sadhak messages -Subscribe: sadhaka-

Guest guest

Shree Paramatmane Namh

One must only feel remorse / regrets for those happenings which are improbable/impossible. The impossible doesn't happen, that which was meant to happen, happens.

Now for what must one feel remorse? Who feels sorry for that which doesn't happen? How can he feel regret for which did not happen at all? This is a "mool mantra" for completely getting rid of sorrows, remorse and regrets (shouk).

Very knowledgeable sadhaks, please share your thoughts on this point, whether it is a guarantee for being free of all sorrows, remorse, regrets?

Vineet Sarvottam

NEW POSTING

Our sorrow/remorse/regrets are linked to/depends on the understanding/belief we have about the principles of life in operation......

1) If the understanding is that "it is all happening by itself, we (I and others) are not the doers " then we are not responsible for anything and therefore question of sorrow/remorse/ egrets should not arise at all.

2) If we take over the doership then....we are trapped....we must carry the burden...

One needs to contemplate on the above and figure out the truth and behave accordingly....

Understanding in item 1 above certainly guarantees our being free of all sorrows, remorse, regrets. But the concept needs to be further understood in depth...to avoid getting stuck in situations....

Sushil Jain

---

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. The question of remorse or regret comes, when the conscience is not clear. The conscience is not going to be clear, when our actions are not pure. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Saktah karmany avidvamso,Yatha kurvanti bharata,Kuryad vidvams tathasaktas,Cikirsur loka sangraham. "(Gitaji 3,25)Which means,'The ignorant perform their duties with attachment. The learned perform their duties without attachment for the sake of leading People on the correct path. 'Sorrows are for the body only. Let us concentrate on the eternal one , that is Paramatma. When we do our actions in the name of the Lord, for the welfare of others, then there is no question of remorse or regret. Every act we perform, must be a part of devotional service for the Lord. Let us serve Lord Krishna in every possible way, every minute of our lives and advance spiritually to go back to His Abode. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Vineetji, Very interesting ! Swamiji in the same verse gives example of the Sun.

We do not worry or experience remorse when the Sun sets daily. All know that the Sun rises and will later set, so why the worry for that which comes and goes, such as birth and death! As such, only that which is constantly changing will die (body). The unchanging (Self), can never die, it is here to stay. Swamiji says if we give importance to this experience, then all worries, sorrows, regrets, remorse will come to an end right now.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

----

I some time have come across Hindhi and/or Sanskirt shabds/words which can not be exactly defined in another language, eg English. In this case ANHONI is not improbable/important. In this context it means noting which has/has not happened before.

It is said " there is nothing which has not happened under the Sun". Lord Buddha had asked a lady (whose son has just died), to bring a jug of water from any house where no-death had taken place. Truth and other realities we see day in day out, can be undersood and realised than how we are to despair etc etc !!

ANOTHER THING WE SEEM TO FORGET AND/OR TAKEN IT FOR GRANTED/BLIND ABOUT IS " HOW MUCH WE ARE BLESSED WITH."

Kishin Chandiramani

-------------------------

FROM GITA TALK MODERATORSplease be BRIEF, RELEVANT, AND RESPECTFUL. Ram Ram------------------Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: - To receive daily sadhak messages -Subscribe: sadhaka-

Guest guest

Shree Paramatmane Namh

One must only feel remorse / regrets for those happenings which are improbable/impossible. The impossible doesn't happen, that which was meant to happen, happens.

Vineet Sarvottam

NEW POSTING

Solution to Be Free of All Sorrows, Remorse, Regrets (nishouk)

Shouk usikaa kijiye, jo anhoni hoi | Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi ||

Swamiji's advise is obviously obvious :). One cannot miss something that he is with. One cannot be unhappy with something that he does not miss. Therefore, the root cause for sadness is in the momentary nature of things that we depend upon. Chaahiye yaa nahin ... aap duhkhit honge hee ... unhonee se. Whether you like it or not, you are bound to be unhappy as far as you depend upon momentary things.

But, what is this momentariness? Is it real? All our relations seem momentary since the mechanism with which we can sense anything itself is momentary by nature. The cognition falters without the momentariness in the pulses and signals that generate the same. But, devoid of our sensorial fragmentation, is there any fissure in the universe as such? The whole universe is in perfect dynamic equilibrium as ever being dwelt by The Lord of all,

Eeshaavaasyamidam sarvam yatkincha jagatyaam jagat |

We create imaginary fissures in our appreciation due to the limitation in the sensoiral perception we are built with. Therefore, one need not (and should not) hang onto the appreciation derived from the senses to determine more than the sense as such. The apparently discrete pulses and signals of sense are also in perfect dynamic equilibrium as such because of being released from the very Lord. Since we cannot hold them in our static memorial storage, we experience their momentariness as well. Therefore, do not try to cling to the senses that are borne to slip away, because, it surely make you feel momenatry. Therefore, the momentariness is rooted in our delusions with which we try to cling to the ever-dynamic world; not that the world is momentary.

Tena tyaktena bhunjeethaa maa gridhah kasyasviddhanam ||

Therefore, anhonee hotee hee nahin - momentariness can never exist except in our illusion of dependency on the ever-dynamic world around. Ye sab honi ki hee satta hain … eeshaavaasyamidam sarvam … a wonderful doha indeed … Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi

Now for what must one feel remorse? Who feels sorry for that which doesn't happen? How can he feel regret for which did not happen at all?

The misery engulfs our experience when we engage in association with anything while encouraging alienation with the same thing. We are forced to keep our notion that the objects of pleasures are distinct from us to enjoy the pleasures thereof. Yet, association with the same is equally essential for the pleasure. Because the alienation reminds the eventual loss of the objects of pleasure, the fear of loss and the associated miseries creep in while we are trying to entertain ourselves with the pleasures of association at the same time. Therefore, the misery is inevitable as far as we entertain estrangement between the subject and objects. Unfortunately we don't know how to live without maintaining this estrangement because association is a possibility only with estrangement preceding and following the same.

The remorse raises from the conflicts and contradictions of association and alienation in all our dealings with the world. The conflicts are rooted in our insistance to maintain a separation between ourselves and the objects of our thoughts, actions and experiences. Till one hoards the images of the objects to manipulate within one's perception, one is bound to depend on the very act of manipulation to keep the image of the subject alive. On the other hand, one who has merged with the ONENESS of the life completely would not see anything other than oneself anywhere and hence leaves no room for any association. There is no room for estrangement when there is no desire for association; and, there is no room for remorse when there is no fear of estrangement.

Yastu sarvaaNi bhootaani aatmanyevaanupashyati |

Sarvabhooteshu chaatmaanam tato na vijugupsate ||

When THE ONENESS is experienced and one has completely dissolved in THE ONE with no traces of any identity alien to the world around ... how can anything lure him with desires or scare him with fears?! How can pleasure and remorse affect one who has relinquished the identity encore??!! How can delusions and illusions be when THE ONE IS???!!!

YasminsarvaaNi bhootaani aatmaivaabhoodvijaanatah |

Tatra ko mohah kah shokah ekattvamanupashyatah ||

Therefore, "Shouk usikaa kijiye, jo anhoni hoi | Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi ||" One who entertains object-borne pleasures is bound to be remorseful … let him be. But there is no room for multiplicity when THE ONE is verily everything as is and as ever ... therefore, there remorse can never enter.

Wonderful doha … wonderful message from Swamiji …

Regards.

Naga Narayana

It was good messages from gita. and learnt a lot from these articles..

Thank you.. "sapna_bt"

----------------------------

Shree Hari Raam Raam.Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami has an article on this subject which will shedlight on this topic.it is call "forgiving others is good for your health" on thehinduism today magazine.i disagree with some of the statements made about this topic here.sushil jain isnot correct.we are accountable for our actions.the statements he make are what aholy man who stabbed his wife a dozen times made when ask why he did it.he iscalled a psychopath.if my husband did not feel guilty and have remorse for hisabuse to me, i would most likely be dead today.preeti singh.

---------------------------

Our sorrow/remorse/regrets are linked to/depends on the understanding/belief we have about the principles of life in operation......

1) If the understanding is that "it is all happening by itself, we (I and others) are not the doers " then we are not responsible for anything and therefore question of sorrow/remorse/ egrets should not arise at all.

2) If we take over the doership then....we are trapped....we must carry the burden...

One needs to contemplate on the above and figure out the truth and behave accordingly....

Understanding in item 1 above certainly guarantees our being free of all sorrows, remorse, regrets. But the concept needs to be further understood in depth...to avoid getting stuck in situations....

Sushil Jain

---

Dear Sadhakas,Hare Krishna. This is in response to a question from a Sadhaka. The question of remorse or regret comes, when the conscience is not clear. The conscience is not going to be clear, when our actions are not pure. Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita,"Saktah karmany avidvamso,Yatha kurvanti bharata,Kuryad vidvams tathasaktas,Cikirsur loka sangraham. "(Gitaji 3,25)Which means,'The ignorant perform their duties with attachment. The learned perform their duties without attachment for the sake of leading People on the correct path. 'Sorrows are for the body only. Let us concentrate on the eternal one , that is Paramatma. When we do our actions in the name of the Lord, for the welfare of others, then there is no question of remorse or regret. Every act we perform, must be a part of devotional service for the Lord. Let us serve Lord Krishna in every possible way, every minute of our lives and advance spiritually to go back to His Abode. Thank You. Hare Krishna. Prasad.A.Iragavarapu, M.D

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Vineetji, Very interesting ! Swamiji in the same verse gives example of the Sun.

We do not worry or experience remorse when the Sun sets daily. All know that the Sun rises and will later set, so why the worry for that which comes and goes, such as birth and death! As such, only that which is constantly changing will die (body). The unchanging (Self), can never die, it is here to stay. Swamiji says if we give importance to this experience, then all worries, sorrows, regrets, remorse will come to an end right now.

Meera Das, Ram Ram

----

I some time have come across Hindhi and/or Sanskirt shabds/words which can not be exactly defined in another language, eg English. In this case ANHONI is not improbable/important. In this context it means noting which has/has not happened before.

It is said " there is nothing which has not happened under the Sun". Lord Buddha had asked a lady (whose son has just died), to bring a jug of water from any house where no-death had taken place. Truth and other realities we see day in day out, can be undersood and realised than how we are to despair etc etc !!

ANOTHER THING WE SEEM TO FORGET AND/OR TAKEN IT FOR GRANTED/BLIND ABOUT IS " HOW MUCH WE ARE BLESSED WITH."

Kishin Chandiramani

Guest guest

Shree Paramatmane Namh

Vineet Sarvottam

NEW POSTING

Hari OmSadhak Preeti Singh is absolutely right. By merely saying 'I am not doer' - you don't get immunity or authority to do whatever you like. You have to 'accept' it. 'I am not doer' - means becoming 'egoless'! So long there is a slightest of ownership over a Karma, you are bound by it, responsible for it. There is a huge difference between 'learning' and 'accepting'.'I am not a doer'- is basically a very tough course for Jnana Yogis, meditators and non-householders.(BG 12:5) ! It means becoming egoless first and then automatically mineness goes. Your 'chijjadgranthi' (knot of Jeevahood) comprises of "Me" and "Mine". A Jnana Yogi addresses first "Me" (I am not body) . A Karma Yogi addresses first "Mine" (I don't need anything for me. Nothing is mine).For family persons, the answer is: Nothing is mine. I don't have to do anything for myself. I don't need anything for myself. I have to do 'akarmas'- for others. I don't desire anything. I have to serve, serve and serve. Everything which I have got has been received from others. I must return by service what I have got from others. Seeds of sorrow are not in "doership"- You are not a doer at all ! Seeds of sorrow are in 'desire for happiness' (Expectation of results- Ma Phaleshu Kadachan-BG 2:47) ! You leave desire for happiness viz 'bhokta-ness'- sorrow can not touch you. That is guarateed methodology. 'To do' is your RIGHT - Karmanye vaadhikaaraste- BG 2:47 !! You can't renounce 'doership' (me) that easily. But you can destroy 'mineness' (mamata) easily by not doing anything for yourself and not expecting any results for yourself out of a Karma. You have to 'do' for others. You must continue doing your duty. You can't remain without doing Karmas even for a second. But, You must never be casual or lazy or ignorant of what you can do and what you should do ! There is nothing wrong in 'doing' / 'doership'- Basically, you are out of it from the word 'go' ! The 'bhokta-ness' ( expectation of results/ desire for happiness) is main culprit. That reaches you. 'Doer' - even otherwise you are not (BG 3:27). Bhokta- You are (BG 13:22) ! Hence renounce 'bhokta-ness'. (enjoyership).... doership vanishes naturally. It is 'bhokta-ness' (desire for happiness) which raises the question of 'doership' !!Imagine ! What would have happened had Preeti's husband thought while abusing her : ' I am not doer' !!!Hence answer to the questioner as to 'Solution to Be Free of All Sorrows, Remorse, Regrets (nishouk)' is simple: RENOUNCE DESIRE FOR HAPPINESS ( Bhokta-ness) !Jai Shree KrishnaVyas N B -

Dear Sadaks,It is said clearly in scripts and Geetha, that "Raaga and Duvesha" (Likes and dislikes) are root cause for sorrows, remorse and regrets. This means nothing at all seen, possessed, known, gained Etc is 100% Maya. By my illusion I am put in trouble. That much if one really realizes, then he is free from trouble. A man coming to this earth or living on other planets are all for a mission to complete. The mission is for realization and NOT attachments to anything or anybody. If one sees a movie in which so many characters are there, so much wealth and pleasures, so much violence, so much fame and power etc etc. But once out of theater he is not the rich man or poor man he saw, he is not the villein or hero, the palace house or the hut seen is not his belongings. But he carries the thoughts of the sequences of play on the screen, he remembers the song he listened, he remembers the rough and tough of violence, the beauty of heroin Etc. The time period he was in a cinema hall was life span. The thoughts he carries after leaving the cinema hall is his vasanas. Realize this NO regrets.B.Sathyanarayan-----

You are absolutely right. This verse is one of the principles of living a life for liberation. What cannot be stopped only happens. If that is so, accept what happens. There is no reason to get sad over or remorse/ regret any thing that happens. There is no reason also to be excited about or get happy over that which happens. There is therefore no reason to worry about or desire for something that may or may not happen. This is what is the property of equinimity and unperturbed state of body and mind. That is what is liberation from the bondage of events /things/ people of the past, present and future is all about. The question is how can I make my ego, mind and body practice applying this Mantra every moment of my life.

Basudeb Sen--------------------------------

Solution to Be Free of All Sorrows, Remorse, Regrets (nishouk)

Shouk usikaa kijiye, jo anhoni hoi | Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi ||

Swamiji's advise is obviously obvious :). One cannot miss something that he is with. One cannot be unhappy with something that he does not miss. Therefore, the root cause for sadness is in the momentary nature of things that we depend upon. Chaahiye yaa nahin ... aap duhkhit honge hee ... unhonee se. Whether you like it or not, you are bound to be unhappy as far as you depend upon momentary things.

But, what is this momentariness? Is it real? All our relations seem momentary since the mechanism with which we can sense anything itself is momentary by nature. The cognition falters without the momentariness in the pulses and signals that generate the same. But, devoid of our sensorial fragmentation, is there any fissure in the universe as such? The whole universe is in perfect dynamic equilibrium as ever being dwelt by The Lord of all,

Eeshaavaasyamidam sarvam yatkincha jagatyaam jagat |

We create imaginary fissures in our appreciation due to the limitation in the sensoiral perception we are built with. Therefore, one need not (and should not) hang onto the appreciation derived from the senses to determine more than the sense as such. The apparently discrete pulses and signals of sense are also in perfect dynamic equilibrium as such because of being released from the very Lord. Since we cannot hold them in our static memorial storage, we experience their momentariness as well. Therefore, do not try to cling to the senses that are borne to slip away, because, it surely make you feel momenatry. Therefore, the momentariness is rooted in our delusions with which we try to cling to the ever-dynamic world; not that the world is momentary.

Tena tyaktena bhunjeethaa maa gridhah kasyasviddhanam ||

Therefore, anhonee hotee hee nahin - momentariness can never exist except in our illusion of dependency on the ever-dynamic world around. Ye sab honi ki hee satta hain … eeshaavaasyamidam sarvam … a wonderful doha indeed … Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi

Now for what must one feel remorse? Who feels sorry for that which doesn't happen? How can he feel regret for which did not happen at all?

The misery engulfs our experience when we engage in association with anything while encouraging alienation with the same thing. We are forced to keep our notion that the objects of pleasures are distinct from us to enjoy the pleasures thereof. Yet, association with the same is equally essential for the pleasure. Because the alienation reminds the eventual loss of the objects of pleasure, the fear of loss and the associated miseries creep in while we are trying to entertain ourselves with the pleasures of association at the same time. Therefore, the misery is inevitable as far as we entertain estrangement between the subject and objects. Unfortunately we don't know how to live without maintaining this estrangement because association is a possibility only with estrangement preceding and following the same.

The remorse raises from the conflicts and contradictions of association and alienation in all our dealings with the world. The conflicts are rooted in our insistance to maintain a separation between ourselves and the objects of our thoughts, actions and experiences. Till one hoards the images of the objects to manipulate within one's perception, one is bound to depend on the very act of manipulation to keep the image of the subject alive. On the other hand, one who has merged with the ONENESS of the life completely would not see anything other than oneself anywhere and hence leaves no room for any association. There is no room for estrangement when there is no desire for association; and, there is no room for remorse when there is no fear of estrangement.

Yastu sarvaaNi bhootaani aatmanyevaanupashyati |

Sarvabhooteshu chaatmaanam tato na vijugupsate ||

When THE ONENESS is experienced and one has completely dissolved in THE ONE with no traces of any identity alien to the world around ... how can anything lure him with desires or scare him with fears?! How can pleasure and remorse affect one who has relinquished the identity encore??!! How can delusions and illusions be when THE ONE IS???!!!

YasminsarvaaNi bhootaani aatmaivaabhoodvijaanatah |

Tatra ko mohah kah shokah ekattvamanupashyatah ||

Therefore, "Shouk usikaa kijiye, jo anhoni hoi | Anhoni hoti nahin, honi hai so hoi ||" One who entertains object-borne pleasures is bound to be remorseful … let him be. But there is no room for multiplicity when THE ONE is verily everything as is and as ever ... therefore, there remorse can never enter.

Wonderful doha … wonderful message from Swamiji …

Regards.

Naga Narayana

It was good messages from gita. and learnt a lot from these articles..

Thank you.. "sapna_bt"

----------------------------

Shree Hari Raam Raam.Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami has an article on this subject which will shedlight on this topic.it is call "forgiving others is good for your health" on thehinduism today magazine.i disagree with some of the statements made about this topic here.sushil jain isnot correct.we are accountable for our actions.the statements he make are what aholy man who stabbed his wife a dozen times made when ask why he did it.he iscalled a psychopath.if my husband did not feel guilty and have remorse for hisabuse to me, i would most likely be dead today.preeti singh.

---------------------------

Sushil Jain

---

Shree Hari Ram Ram

Meera Das, Ram Ram

----

Kishin Chandiramani