IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Work versus Devotion and Worship of the Lord - A Dilemma!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

THIS MESSAGE WAS ERRONEOUSLY POSTED TO SADHAKA GROUP. Please ignore previous

posting to sadhaka and kindly post responses to this one instead.

Gita-Talk Moderators, Ram Ram

-------------------

Swami Jee,

I feel I should have the Lord in my heart all the time.

After meditation it certainly is true.

Everything I do should be done to the best of my ability. When I am aiming at

the eye of the bird I should see only the eye. Not the bird, not the tree or the

sky. If I am that concentrated on my task I forget the Lord!!!! and then feel

guilty for doing that?

How do I resolve this?

Anil Kashyap

---------------------

Shree Hari

Ram Ram

Anilji, You may wish to read a few of the previous posts on this topic.

Work, Service and Worship (Karma, Seva, Puja)

sadhaka/message/1306

Doing All Activities as " Worship " of God

sadhaka/message/1673

How to Experience Constant Worship and Remembrance of God?

sadhaka/message/1511

============================================

PRIOR GITA TALK POSTINGS ON THIS TOPIC

QUESTION: My apologies for lack of my understanding. Swamiji says that a

spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work. What is " God's

work " ? How can we perform and accomplish it?

Chhaya, Dhimant

------------

What is God's Work and How can we perform & accomplish it ?

Dear all,

Radhe Krishna!

Once we accept the fact that whatever work we do including our own

domestic duties as an offering to the Lord, everything becomes God's

work. At the same time, a person who does adharmic activities (like

what extremists do), and offers everything to God, can we say that God

will accept that offering? The Lord stands for dharma, and any

adharmic activity cannot be attributed to Him. " KENAPI DEVENA HRUDI

STITENA, YADHA NIYUKTHOSMI THADHA KAROMI " . This is not applicable to

Adharmic actions of extremists or " Atatayins " . Duryodhana says in

Pandava gita " Janami dharmam, nahi me pravritthih, Janami adharmam, nahi me

nivruttih; Kenapi Devena Hridi stitena yadha niyukthosmi thadha karomi. " Is this

acceptable?

So one has to draw a line between what is acceptable to Dharma and what is not

acceptable to Adharma. We can say, what is acceptable to Dharma can be termed as

" God's work.

Sometimes it may happen than one's " Swadharma " itself could be adharmic in

character and not acceptable to the Lord!

Am I right, Swamiji?

Regards

K.V. Gopalakrishna

---------------------------

Dear

Love and Love alone ...,

One should do any and every work thinking that it is God's work only. There

should not be any discrimination while doing any work, thinking that it is " my

work " and that is " other's work " . The " bhava " or " feeling " or " intent " is more

important. It is a clear sign of " Vairagya " or " detachment " , as prescribed in

Srimad Bhagavad Gita.

Love and Love alone...

P. Gopi Krishna.

Vijaya Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvar

2nd October, 2006, Monday

Gist: A spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work,

not his own work. Therefore he should accept that his house, his work

and he himself belong to God. With this feeling, he will be doing

God's work, with God's power, to please God. This firm determination

will develop a strong bonding (a feeling of mine-ness) with God and

in-turn spontaneous and constant rememberance of Him.

Constant Rememberance of God - How?

God in the Gita says to Arjuna -

" Tasmat sarveshu kaaleshu maamanusmara yudhya che. " (Gita 8:7)

Therefore Arjuna, remember Me at all times and fight. Here fight

stands for doing one's duty. We can remember God at all times but we

can't fight at all times. Arjuna's duty was to fight, just like we

have to perform our daily duties. Domestic duties can't be performed

at all times. The spiritual aspirant have three options before them -

1) To do the work while remembering God,

2) To remember God while doing the work, and

3) To do the work considering it as God's work.

In the first option, remembrance of God is primary, while the work is

secondary.

In the second option the work is primary, while remembrance of God is

secondary.

In the third option there is undivided devotion for God.

Generally people forget God while working. There are two reasons for

it. The important reason is one's negligence. The second reason is

lack of attachment (feeling of mine-ness) with God. If there is

attachment for anyone, he is reminded spontaneously of that one.

People have attachment to their domestic affairs, not to God. They are

therefore likely to forget God. As long as we accept and see the

house, the work, and Self as our own, we are likely to forget God.

Therefore we should be determined that we have to do only God's work,

not our own work. What is the use of work which makes one forget God?

Therefore a spiritual aspirant should accept that his house, his work

and he himself belong to God. They are not his own. He should feel

that he is doing God's work, with His power in order to please Him.

this firm determination will develop a strong bonding (a feeling of

mine-ness) with God and in-turn spontaneous and constant rememberance

of Him.

Ram Ram

From " Art of Living " in English by Swami Ramsukhdasji

----------------

GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -

FOR QUESTIONER

1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,

relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant to

motivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path

2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study

3. Only one question at a time.

4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group's

primary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.

FOR RESPONDER

1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.

2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.

3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to the

extent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas

4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka's

time.

5. Focus on subject at hand only.

6. Do not include links to the other sites.

7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).

8. Do not personalize message

9. All responses may not be posted.

10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.

11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-

sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.

Provide English word bracketed.

GITA TALK MODERATORS

Ram Ram

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

Post message:

Subscribe: -

Un: -

Guest guest

Shree HariRam RamTHIS MESSAGE WAS ERRONEOUSLY POSTED TO SADHAKA GROUP. Please ignore previousposting to sadhaka and kindly post responses to this one instead.Gita-Talk Moderators, Ram Ram-------------------Swami Jee,I feel I should have the Lord in my heart all the time.After meditation it certainly is true.Everything I do should be done to the best of my ability. When I am aiming atthe eye of the bird I should see only the eye. Not the bird, not the tree or thesky. If I am that concentrated on my task I forget the Lord!!!! and then feelguilty for doing that?How do I resolve this?Anil Kashyap---------------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari Ram Ram

This is from Swamiji's book - Art of Living - the Five Golden Principles (Pachaamrit). The second principle is -

2) Whatever work you do, do it regarding it as God's workAny work in this world, whether it be business, housework, eating, bathing, washing clothes, adoration of God, all work (that is not against ordinances of the scriptures ) is all His work. The entire world, including this body are His. Therefore do His work. Rising, sitting, eating, drinking, sleeping, constant remembrance of God and repetition of holy name of God (Japa), loud chanting (kirtana), spiritual discourses and any activity you do, is all an adoration to God. When all work and all things are offered to God, they become divine.What an easy and excellent method ! Now where is the separation between "work" and "devotion and worship of the Lord"? Swamiji says that if you accept this principle with your heart right now, immediately you will attain supreme bliss.Meera Das, Ram Ram

--------------------

When you concentrate the eye of the bird, think that the eye is The Lord.Whatever you happen to concentrate on think and believe that itself is theLord. Any task that you happen to concentrate on worship that as the Lord.You will not have any guilt because, God is everything that you behold,every thought that arises and every task that you concentrate on. Mostimportantly, you automatically concentrate on God all the time. Know thatevery thing is God and percieve everything that takes your concentration asthe Lord.Basudeb Sen------------------------------

Jai Shri Krishna

There is no need of feeling guilty. While working, work is your God. That's why you concentrate on it.

Now the question is that, for what cause that work is being done?

Ram Ram

Ashok Goenka

--------------------

I am sorry that I feel like answering this, although

you have addressed this to Swami Jee.

One definite way ( and there may be several others ),

to think of God all the time,

and not forget Him / Her when you are concentrating

on the "bird's eye", is to think that everything you see is

"God".

The Retina of the eye is God, the eye is God, the feathers

around the eye is God. so on and so forth...the sky is

also God. So it does not matter, who, what or where

you look, you are looking at God.

d

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

---

Shree HariRam RamAnilji, You may wish to read a few of the previous posts on this topic.Work, Service and Worship (Karma, Seva, Puja)sadhaka/message/1306Doing All Activities as "Worship" of Godsadhaka/message/1673How to Experience Constant Worship and Remembrance of God?sadhaka/message/1511============================================PRIOR GITA TALK POSTINGS ON THIS TOPICQUESTION: My apologies for lack of my understanding. Swamiji says that aspiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work. What is "God'swork"? How can we perform and accomplish it?Chhaya, Dhimant------------What is God's Work and How can we perform & accomplish it ?Dear all,Radhe Krishna!Once we accept the fact that whatever work we do including our owndomestic duties as an offering to the Lord, everything becomes God'swork. At the same time, a person who does adharmic activities (likewhat extremists do), and offers everything to God, can we say that Godwill accept that offering? The Lord stands for dharma, and anyadharmic activity cannot be attributed to Him. "KENAPI DEVENA HRUDISTITENA, YADHA NIYUKTHOSMI THADHA KAROMI". This is not applicable toAdharmic actions of extremists or "Atatayins". Duryodhana says inPandava gita "Janami dharmam, nahi me pravritthih, Janami adharmam, nahi menivruttih; Kenapi Devena Hridi stitena yadha niyukthosmi thadha karomi." Is thisacceptable?So one has to draw a line between what is acceptable to Dharma and what is notacceptable to Adharma. We can say, what is acceptable to Dharma can be termed as"God's work.Sometimes it may happen than one's "Swadharma" itself could be adharmic incharacter and not acceptable to the Lord!Am I right, Swamiji?RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna---------------------------DearLove and Love alone ...,One should do any and every work thinking that it is God's work only. Thereshould not be any discrimination while doing any work, thinking that it is "mywork" and that is "other's work". The "bhava" or "feeling" or "intent" is moreimportant. It is a clear sign of "Vairagya" or "detachment", as prescribed inSrimad Bhagavad Gita.Love and Love alone...P. Gopi Krishna.Vijaya Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvar2nd October, 2006, MondayGist: A spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work,not his own work. Therefore he should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. With this feeling, he will be doingGod's work, with God's power, to please God. This firm determinationwill develop a strong bonding (a feeling of mine-ness) with God andin-turn spontaneous and constant rememberance of Him.Constant Rememberance of God - How?God in the Gita says to Arjuna -"Tasmat sarveshu kaaleshu maamanusmara yudhya che." (Gita 8:7)Therefore Arjuna, remember Me at all times and fight. Here fightstands for doing one's duty. We can remember God at all times but wecan't fight at all times. Arjuna's duty was to fight, just like wehave to perform our daily duties. Domestic duties can't be performedat all times. The spiritual aspirant have three options before them -1) To do the work while remembering God,2) To remember God while doing the work, and3) To do the work considering it as God's work.In the first option, remembrance of God is primary, while the work issecondary.In the second option the work is primary, while remembrance of God issecondary.In the third option there is undivided devotion for God.Generally people forget God while working. There are two reasons forit. The important reason is one's negligence. The second reason islack of attachment (feeling of mine-ness) with God. If there isattachment for anyone, he is reminded spontaneously of that one.People have attachment to their domestic affairs, not to God. They aretherefore likely to forget God. As long as we accept and see thehouse, the work, and Self as our own, we are likely to forget God.Therefore we should be determined that we have to do only God's work,not our own work. What is the use of work which makes one forget God?Therefore a spiritual aspirant should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. They are not his own. He should feelthat he is doing God's work, with His power in order to please Him.this firm determination will develop a strong bonding (a feeling ofmine-ness) with God and in-turn spontaneous and constant rememberanceof Him.Ram RamFrom "Art of Living" in English by Swami Ramsukhdasji----------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant tomotivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group'sprimary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.FOR RESPONDER1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

Swami Jee,I feel I should have the Lord in my heart all the time.After meditation it certainly is true.Everything I do should be done to the best of my ability. When I am aiming atthe eye of the bird I should see only the eye. Not the bird, not the tree or thesky. If I am that concentrated on my task I forget the Lord!!!! and then feelguilty for doing that?How do I resolve this?Anil Kashyap---------------------

NEW POSTING

-Shree Hari-Namaste!Dear Anil Kashyap,Regard the following:Chapter 7 Verse 17 SADHAKA-SANJIVANI 891Of these, the best is the man of wisdom (Jnani) steadfastly and exclusively devoted to Me; for most dear am I to the wise, and who is most dear to Me. 17Comment:—'Tesam jnani nityayukta'—Among the four kinds of virtuous men, a man of wisdom is the best, because he is steadfast viz., he is constantly established in God. He thinks of nothing, besides God. As the cowherdesses while milking cows, churning curd and discharging other domestic duties, thought only of God, a man of wisdom while performing all the mundane and spiritual actions, is attached to God alone..Thus one can gain the mindset that all you do is, as one attached to God, mindful of God.Yes there are times when you will have to focus single pointedly on a task, the Gopis ever full of Divine Love for Sri Krsna, would have to concentrate while pouring milk into urns, so not to spill any. A brain surgeon would have to totally concentrate during an operation, to ensure success against total disaster!A useful tool was shown to Irina Tweedie by her guru when she was faced with a similar thought to yours. Her teacher on hearing her question, picked up a piece of paper and a pencil, drew something, held it up and said, "What do you see", "A line she replied", "Come closer", he said, "And look again", she remarked she saw a series dots, and understood!I too meditate, may God Bless You!Om... Shanti...Mike (Keenor).

-------------

Devotion to God is not a SEPARATE activity.

It is to see the Scheme of the Universe as Order.

When one does not seek relief away from the action, present moment-one is attuned to the Order.

Spirituality is not to correct some wrong or guilt.

It is to be aware of the automatic, compulsive responses of the mind, which impel him to seek release from the outer including own ideas.

Disregarding this seeking is a mega step to understand the mystery of existence.

Y V Chawla

-------

JAI SIYA RAM

"Sweh Sweh karmanyabhirataha sansidhim labhyate narah." (Gita 18:45)

IN ENGLISH

The man who is deeply engaged in doing his own duty with deligence and enthusiasm can attain God Realization."

IN HINDI"Apne Apne karma mein tatpartaah poorvak lagaa hua manushya paramatma tattva ko praapt kar letaa hai."

IN ENGLISH"Swakarmanaa tambhyarchya sidhim vindati maanavah." (Gita 18:46)

Through one's own duties and constant rememberance and worship of God, man attains God.IN HINDI

"Us Paramatma ka apne karma ke dwaara pujan karke manushya siddhi ko praapt hojaata hai."

Reema Rajput

--------------------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

This is from Swamiji's book - Art of Living - the Five Golden Principles (Pachaamrit). The second principle is -

2) Whatever work you do, do it regarding it as God's workAny work in this world, whether it be business, housework, eating, bathing, washing clothes, adoration of God, all work (that is not against ordinances of the scriptures ) is all His work. The entire world, including this body are His. Therefore do His work. Rising, sitting, eating, drinking, sleeping, constant remembrance of God and repetition of holy name of God (Japa), loud chanting (kirtana), spiritual discourses and any activity you do, is all an adoration to God. When all work and all things are offered to God, they become divine.What an easy and excellent method ! Now where is the separation between "work" and "devotion and worship of the Lord"? Swamiji says that if you accept this principle with your heart right now, immediately you will attain supreme bliss.Meera Das, Ram Ram

--------------------

When you concentrate the eye of the bird, think that the eye is The Lord.Whatever you happen to concentrate on think and believe that itself is theLord. Any task that you happen to concentrate on worship that as the Lord.You will not have any guilt because, God is everything that you behold,every thought that arises and every task that you concentrate on. Mostimportantly, you automatically concentrate on God all the time. Know thatevery thing is God and percieve everything that takes your concentration asthe Lord.Basudeb Sen------------------------------

Jai Shri Krishna

There is no need of feeling guilty. While working, work is your God. That's why you concentrate on it.

Ram Ram

Ashok Goenka

--------------------

"God".

d

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

---

Shree HariRam RamAnilji, You may wish to read a few of the previous posts on this topic.Work, Service and Worship (Karma, Seva, Puja)sadhaka/message/1306Doing All Activities as "Worship" of Godsadhaka/message/1673How to Experience Constant Worship and Remembrance of God?sadhaka/message/1511============================================PRIOR GITA TALK POSTINGS ON THIS TOPICQUESTION: My apologies for lack of my understanding. Swamiji says that aspiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work. What is "God'swork"? How can we perform and accomplish it?Chhaya, Dhimant------------What is God's Work and How can we perform & accomplish it ?Dear all,Radhe Krishna!Once we accept the fact that whatever work we do including our owndomestic duties as an offering to the Lord, everything becomes God'swork. At the same time, a person who does adharmic activities (likewhat extremists do), and offers everything to God, can we say that Godwill accept that offering? The Lord stands for dharma, and anyadharmic activity cannot be attributed to Him. "KENAPI DEVENA HRUDISTITENA, YADHA NIYUKTHOSMI THADHA KAROMI". This is not applicable toAdharmic actions of extremists or "Atatayins". Duryodhana says inPandava gita "Janami dharmam, nahi me pravritthih, Janami adharmam, nahi menivruttih; Kenapi Devena Hridi stitena yadha niyukthosmi thadha karomi." Is thisacceptable?So one has to draw a line between what is acceptable to Dharma and what is notacceptable to Adharma. We can say, what is acceptable to Dharma can be termed as"God's work.Sometimes it may happen than one's "Swadharma" itself could be adharmic incharacter and not acceptable to the Lord!Am I right, Swamiji?RegardsK.V. Gopalakrishna---------------------------DearLove and Love alone ...,One should do any and every work thinking that it is God's work only. Thereshould not be any discrimination while doing any work, thinking that it is "mywork" and that is "other's work". The "bhava" or "feeling" or "intent" is moreimportant. It is a clear sign of "Vairagya" or "detachment", as prescribed inSrimad Bhagavad Gita.Love and Love alone...P. Gopi Krishna.Vijaya Dashami, Vikram Samvat 2063, Somvar2nd October, 2006, MondayGist: A spiritual aspirant should be determined to do only God's work,not his own work. Therefore he should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. With this feeling, he will be doingGod's work, with God's power, to please God. This firm determinationwill develop a strong bonding (a feeling of mine-ness) with God andin-turn spontaneous and constant rememberance of Him.Constant Rememberance of God - How?God in the Gita says to Arjuna -"Tasmat sarveshu kaaleshu maamanusmara yudhya che." (Gita 8:7)Therefore Arjuna, remember Me at all times and fight. Here fightstands for doing one's duty. We can remember God at all times but wecan't fight at all times. Arjuna's duty was to fight, just like wehave to perform our daily duties. Domestic duties can't be performedat all times. The spiritual aspirant have three options before them -1) To do the work while remembering God,2) To remember God while doing the work, and3) To do the work considering it as God's work.In the first option, remembrance of God is primary, while the work issecondary.In the second option the work is primary, while remembrance of God issecondary.In the third option there is undivided devotion for God.Generally people forget God while working. There are two reasons forit. The important reason is one's negligence. The second reason islack of attachment (feeling of mine-ness) with God. If there isattachment for anyone, he is reminded spontaneously of that one.People have attachment to their domestic affairs, not to God. They aretherefore likely to forget God. As long as we accept and see thehouse, the work, and Self as our own, we are likely to forget God.Therefore we should be determined that we have to do only God's work,not our own work. What is the use of work which makes one forget God?Therefore a spiritual aspirant should accept that his house, his workand he himself belong to God. They are not his own. He should feelthat he is doing God's work, with His power in order to please Him.this firm determination will develop a strong bonding (a feeling ofmine-ness) with God and in-turn spontaneous and constant rememberanceof Him.Ram RamFrom "Art of Living" in English by Swami Ramsukhdasji----------------GITA TALK GROUP GUIDELINES: PLEASE -FOR QUESTIONER1. The questions as far as possible must be relavant to Gita,relavant to Dharma, relavant to other scriptures and relavant tomotivate Sadhaks to take up spiritual path2. The Questioner must commit to daily Gita study3. Only one question at a time.4. Question must be brief, to the point and relavant to the group'sprimary aim of deeper understanding of Gita.FOR RESPONDER1. Only responses that further clarify Gita message will be posted.2. Quote Gitaji/scriptures wherever possible.3. Limit personal feelings, opinions, beliefs etc. to theextent that they further help in understanding the Gita shlokas4. Be as concise, to the point, relevant and respectful of sadhaka'stime.5. Focus on subject at hand only.6. Do not include links to the other sites.7. Do not include your personal information (Ph #, address etc).8. Do not personalize message9. All responses may not be posted.10. Moderator at his discretion, may modify the posting.11. Take into consideration the novices, youth, westerners, non-sectarian audience. i.e. limit the use to Sanskrit words only.Provide English word bracketed.GITA TALK MODERATORSRam Ram------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------Post message: Subscribe: - Unsubscribe: -

Guest guest

Swami Jee,I feel I should have the Lord in my heart all the time.After meditation it certainly is true.Everything I do should be done to the best of my ability. When I am aiming atthe eye of the bird I should see only the eye. Not the bird, not the tree or thesky. If I am that concentrated on my task I forget the Lord!!!! and then feelguilty for doing that?How do I resolve this?Anil Kashyap---------------------

NEW POSTING

Shree Hari Ram Ram

There are two ways one can experience uninterrupted worship and Rememberance of God while doing one's daily work (duty) -A) The Five Nectar filled principles (Panchamrit)(1) I am God's;(2) I stay in His abode;(3) I do His work;(4) I receive fruits/gifts (prasad) that He bestows on me and(5) I serve His people with gifts received from HimB) God is EverythingWhat you see is only God, and what you experience is His divine play. Whatever you are seeing, you are seeing only God, because in this world there is nothing else besides God. There can never be anything else. Whatever you are doing is nothing but worship of God.

The choice is yours. Meera Das, Ram Ram

-------------------

Forgetting everything while doing your work is divine.....

It is great....cheer up....It doesn't happen with all....

Understanding is the key to removing such confusions....

Having lord in your heart all the time meant for keeping away the unwanted, dust, impurities... and if this is happening through your work, then it is the same....

be in joy....consider yourself as blessed....

After your work, one can again come back to lord.....

Sushil Jain

Work versus Devotion and Worship of the Lord - A Dilemma!

Wonderful queries from you …

1. I feel I should have the Lord in my heart all the time.

2. Work is a hurdle to spiritual progress

3. Focus in work and quest for excellence makes me feel guilty as they snatch me away from The Lord!

I suggest few subtle changes to the above query to become quest …

1. Am I at Lord's feet as I am and as I should be? … as opposed to objectifying The Omniscient as if one could cage THAT within one's heart. The dilemma is the mixture of one's nature and aspirations in the wrong combinations and wrong proportions. Either be a monkey that holds on to its mother completely on its own or be a cat that let the mother hold it completely. The notion "I should have the Lord in my heart all the time" shows a serious self-contradiction to me. On one hand you claim THAT to be The Lord while aspiring 'to have' Him within your heart on the other hand. Either you 'have' Him completely or let Him 'have' you completely. I am not sure about the former ... but, the later will surely work. So, ask yourself whether you are at His lotus feet always as you are and as you ought to be. If not, why? ... Interrogate yourself.

2. Am I at Lord's feet as I am and as I should be? … as opposed to objectifying The Omniscient as if one could cage THAT within one's heart. The dilemma is the mixture of one's nature and aspirations in the wrong combinations and wrong proportions. Either be a monkey that holds on to its mother completely on its own or be a cat that let the mother hold it completely. The notion "I should have the Lord in my heart all the time" shows a serious self-contradiction to me. On one hand you claim THAT to be The Lord while aspiring 'to have' Him within your heart on the other hand. Either you 'have' Him completely or let Him 'have' you completely. I am not sure about the former ... but, the later will surely work. So, ask yourself whether you are at His lotus feet always as you are and as you ought to be. If not, why? ... Interrogate yourself.

3. Focus and quest for excellence in anything is not a hurdle, but a virtue. KrishNa says, "Yogah karamsu koushalam". But the problem why that is becoming a bottleneck here is something else. Remember that KrishNa said "yogah karmasu koushalam" and not "yogo vyaktishu koushalam"! Often, we do want to herald the "excellence" projected on ourselves, not on the work we are involved with! The true skill (Koushalam) is to realize the excellence in The Action as such that brings out such brilliant colors to the life as is and as ever rather than desperately attempting to herald one's individual excellence and achievement in life. Obviously, when the excellence is projected on the wrong side (the ego), it is certainly the biggest hurdle to attain His Lotus Feet.

The action is collective from individual point of view - many individuals or objects particpate to fill-in the action. No objects that participate in the action cannot claim ownership on the action individually as well as collectively. Once we identify the excellence with the action rather than the specific parties involved, can we see anything but The Action anywhere?! Can we see anything but THAT in which The Action is merged eternally??!! Therefore, the only possible excellence is to merge in this eternal merger as we are. Again, the question of relevance here is, why am I unable to let myself merge in the ever-existing unison all around as well as within? Why am I refusing to see the excellence that everything TRULY IS?? Why am I holding on to my fragmented existence to remain the only hurdle to my own spirit in all respects???

Respects.

Naga Narayana.

-Shree Hari-Namaste!Dear Anil Kashyap,Regard the following:Chapter 7 Verse 17 SADHAKA-SANJIVANI 891Of these, the best is the man of wisdom (Jnani) steadfastly and exclusively devoted to Me; for most dear am I to the wise, and who is most dear to Me. 17Comment:—'Tesam jnani nityayukta'—Among the four kinds of virtuous men, a man of wisdom is the best, because he is steadfast viz., he is constantly established in God. He thinks of nothing, besides God. As the cowherdesses while milking cows, churning curd and discharging other domestic duties, thought only of God, a man of wisdom while performing all the mundane and spiritual actions, is attached to God alone..Thus one can gain the mindset that all you do is, as one attached to God, mindful of God.Yes there are times when you will have to focus single pointedly on a task, the Gopis ever full of Divine Love for Sri Krsna, would have to concentrate while pouring milk into urns, so not to spill any. A brain surgeon would have to totally concentrate during an operation, to ensure success against total disaster!A useful tool was shown to Irina Tweedie by her guru when she was faced with a similar thought to yours. Her teacher on hearing her question, picked up a piece of paper and a pencil, drew something, held it up and said, "What do you see", "A line she replied", "Come closer", he said, "And look again", she remarked she saw a series dots, and understood!I too meditate, may God Bless You!Om... Shanti...Mike (Keenor).

-------------

Devotion to God is not a SEPARATE activity.

It is to see the Scheme of the Universe as Order.

When one does not seek relief away from the action, present moment-one is attuned to the Order.

Spirituality is not to correct some wrong or guilt.

It is to be aware of the automatic, compulsive responses of the mind, which impel him to seek release from the outer including own ideas.

Disregarding this seeking is a mega step to understand the mystery of existence.

Y V Chawla

-------

JAI SIYA RAM

"Sweh Sweh karmanyabhirataha sansidhim labhyate narah." (Gita 18:45)

IN ENGLISH

The man who is deeply engaged in doing his own duty with deligence and enthusiasm can attain God Realization."

IN HINDI"Apne Apne karma mein tatpartaah poorvak lagaa hua manushya paramatma tattva ko praapt kar letaa hai."

IN ENGLISH"Swakarmanaa tambhyarchya sidhim vindati maanavah." (Gita 18:46)

Through one's own duties and constant rememberance and worship of God, man attains God.IN HINDI

"Us Paramatma ka apne karma ke dwaara pujan karke manushya siddhi ko praapt hojaata hai."

Reema Rajput

--------------------------------

Shree Hari Ram Ram

--------------------

Jai Shri Krishna

Ram Ram

Ashok Goenka

--------------------

"God".

d

Durgesh Mankikar,MD

---