IndiaDivine.org

Hopeful For Improving My Japa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I’m always hopeful for improving my japa. And improve I do. I get better sessions. I get sessions without a headache. I get sessions where I wake up early and get a good head start. So I experience ups and downs and go on hoping and go on with determination overall. And I go on with faith in the scriptures. You can call it academic faith or you can even call it blind faith. Prabhupada said he distributed books on blind faith because his spiritual master told him to. I have a similar “blind faith” that the chanting of the holy names is the only way to attain God consciousness in this age.

From Bhajan Kutir #350

We Should Take Full Advantage

I was thinking this today before chanting Japa....we have the knowledge how to chant properly and we know about the offenses and how to avoid inattention - the next step we must take is to put this knowledge into practise and to take a step towards the Lord.....to show Him we are serious about knowing Him and having a relationship with Him through the Holy names.  

In the end it's all up to us - to take that step towards the Lord and to chant with great attention and avoid the offenses. We have this extremely rare chance to chant the Holy names, this is our greatest fortune and we should take full advantage to chant the Holy names properly with devotion.

--

LET US NOT MAKE OUR STOMACH A GRAVEYARD. LET US NOT EAT FLESH. LET US BE VEGETARIANS AND STAY HEALTHY. Animals are to be loved, not eaten. Eating flesh is good neither for the mind nor for the intellect, not even for the body. It distorts the basic character of human. Think Soul is Soul and it came from the Supreme Soul...God Head Krishna

Chant:Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare HareHare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare