IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

AHASSU, A consummate OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HARI AUM

'AHASSU' is an offering made and not a part of daily puja like 'havissu'. In 'AHASSU' all the imp daily pujas are done for the offerer. i.e as rightly said it is a 'mini' 'udayasthamana puja'. I remember having recommended this offering in the forum looooooooong time back. Many are not aware of it, partly because it costs a little more (Rs1000/-). For those who cannot visit 'him ' at 'his' abode frequently, it is truly a consummating offering.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- On Mon, 8/6/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002Re: [Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPANguruvayur Date: Monday, 8 June, 2009, 1:17 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Achuthan Nair is correct in saying, anything offered with true bhakthi, HE accepts whether it is phalam, pushpam, thoyam (water) or even "smara" (remember). Yes Pepita Seth (not Pepsitha Seth) has covered well in her book "Heaven on Earth" about Udayasthamana Pooja in chapter 8. Regarding Ahassu she has mentioned as havissu in the daily poojas, that I think is same as Ahassu. This havissu ( cooked rice according to her) is offered at the end of every pooja to all deities by melsanthi including the "balikallu" in the outskirts of the naalambalam. So offering Ahassu or havissu is also equivalent to that of Udayasthamana Pooja. I am not sure but currently the rumor for booking Udayasthamana pooja is suspended. If HE wishes to bless us, I am sure HE will present us an opportunity to full-fill our wishes too.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

chirattapuram <anair1101 >guruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, June 6, 2009 5:20:23 PM[Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

The significance of any offering, be it Udayastmana pooja, Ahassu, Ghee Lamp, Archna or thulabharam , is the same, that is , what the devotee's belief is. Different people worship the Lord and make offerings for different reasons. Some for material gains, others for spiritual reasons, yet others to express gratutude for the good fortunes they have enjoyed or just to get Guruvayoorappan' s blessings. So it all depends on individual choices and preferences,By the way I have not read Pepsita Seth's book. jai shree krishna !guruvayur@grou ps.com, laksmikantam <no_reply@.. .> wrote:>> Namaste,> > What really is the significance of the Udayastama puja and the ahassu that you just mentioned. Does Pepsita Seth's book cover all

these?> > > > > > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "chirattapuram" <anair1101@> wrote:> >> > > > Hari Om,> > > > ----------> > > > The most important and expensive offering at Guruvayoor is the> > Udayastamana Pooja. It is also the most popular among devotees and hence> > the waiting period at present is around 40 years.> > > > What many gurudevs do not know is about another offering which is> > equally important as the Udayastamana pooja but substantially less> > expensive with no waiting period.> > > > This offering is called " AHASSU " and this pooja lasts the whole day,> > starting when

the sreekovil opens for Nirmalyadarsanam and lasts until> > the doors close after the Trippuka and include each and every daily> > pooja. Ahassu can be offered as an individual pooja like the> > Udayastamana pooja or it can also be offered on an elaborate scale that> > include : Seeveli, Ezhunnalippu, Melam, Panchavadyam ,> > Vilakkezhunnallippu etc.> > > > Achuthan Nair> > > > Jai Shree Krishna !> >>

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Dear Balagopal and Dr. Sreedevi Menon

Thank you for clearing my misunderstanding about AHASSU and Havissu. I must have missed to read about from your earlier posting. Since there is no mention of AHASSU in the latest book "Heaven on Earth" I wrongly jumped to conclusion and thought both are one and the same. I deeply regret for my error and I may kindly be excused.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

balagopal ramakrishnan <rbalpalguruvayur Sent: Monday, June 8, 2009 12:00:00 AMRe: [Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, A consummate OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

HARI AUM

'AHASSU' is an offering made and not a part of daily puja like 'havissu'. In 'AHASSU' all the imp daily pujas are done for the offerer. i.e as rightly said it is a 'mini' 'udayasthamana puja'. I remember having recommended this offering in the forum looooooooong time back. Many are not aware of it, partly because it costs a little more (Rs1000/-). For those who cannot visit 'him ' at 'his' abode frequently, it is truly a consummating offering.

Regards

Balagopal

NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

--- On Mon, 8/6/09, Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ > wrote:

Chandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002@ >Re: [Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPANguruvayur@grou ps.comMonday, 8 June, 2009, 1:17 AM

Om Namo Narayanaya

Achuthan Nair is correct in saying, anything offered with true bhakthi, HE accepts whether it is phalam, pushpam, thoyam (water) or even "smara" (remember). Yes Pepita Seth (not Pepsitha Seth) has covered well in her book "Heaven on Earth" about Udayasthamana Pooja in chapter 8. Regarding Ahassu she has mentioned as havissu in the daily poojas, that I think is same as Ahassu. This havissu ( cooked rice according to her) is offered at the end of every pooja to all deities by melsanthi including the "balikallu" in the outskirts of the naalambalam. So offering Ahassu or havissu is also equivalent to that of Udayasthamana Pooja. I am not sure but currently the rumor for booking Udayasthamana pooja is suspended. If HE wishes to bless us, I am sure HE will present us an opportunity to full-fill our wishes too.

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan

chirattapuram <anair1101 >guruvayur@grou ps.comSaturday, June 6, 2009 5:20:23 PM[Guruvayur] Re: AHASSU, An important OFFERING TO SRI GURUVAYOORAPPAN

The significance of any offering, be it Udayastmana pooja, Ahassu, Ghee Lamp, Archna or thulabharam , is the same, that is , what the devotee's belief is. Different people worship the Lord and make offerings for different reasons. Some for material gains, others for spiritual reasons, yet others to express gratutude for the good fortunes they have enjoyed or just to get Guruvayoorappan' s blessings. So it all depends on individual choices and preferences,By the way I have not read Pepsita Seth's book. jai shree krishna !guruvayur@grou ps.com, laksmikantam <no_reply@.. .> wrote:>> Namaste,> > What really is the significance of the Udayastama puja and the ahassu that you just mentioned. Does Pepsita Seth's book cover all these?> > > >

> > guruvayur@grou ps.com, "chirattapuram" <anair1101@> wrote:> >> > > > Hari Om,> > > > ----------> > > > The most important and expensive offering at Guruvayoor is the> > Udayastamana Pooja. It is also the most popular among devotees and hence> > the waiting period at present is around 40 years.> > > > What many gurudevs do not know is about another offering which is> > equally important as the Udayastamana pooja but substantially less> > expensive with no waiting period.> > > > This offering is called " AHASSU " and this pooja lasts the whole day,> > starting when the sreekovil opens for Nirmalyadarsanam and lasts until> > the doors close

after the Trippuka and include each and every daily> > pooja. Ahassu can be offered as an individual pooja like the> > Udayastamana pooja or it can also be offered on an elaborate scale that> > include : Seeveli, Ezhunnalippu, Melam, Panchavadyam ,> > Vilakkezhunnallippu etc.> > > > Achuthan Nair> > > > Jai Shree Krishna !> >>

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with India Travel Click here!