IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Suggestions for prayers at Guruvayoor / Remedies .

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Umaji,

There is a manthram called Santhana Gopala Manthram. It is very auspicious to chant that and Guruvayurappan will bless you with a baby with all his Anugrahaas. There is no doubt about that. You can offer to say that 1008 times or as many times as you can. I am attaching that manthra with this note.

May Guruvayurappan fulfill your wish soon!

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, tres_uma <tres_uma wrote:

Dear fellow devotees,I have been a silent member of this board so far but over time I have been helped immensely by all the various kinds of devotional information and discussion given by various Guruvayoorappan devotees

here. I am coming forward because I have a request with a private matter that I feel needs both solid faith and divine intervention. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a very long time –

somehow it just has not happened so far and I am slowly starting to lose hope. Both of us are getting older and this is also very worrisome...Is there any sthothram or mantram that I can chant that will help?

Also I have heard stories in my family about how my great grandmother stayed and worshipped at Guruvayoor for 41 days ( I think in Malayalam they used to call it ` bhajanairinnu') and she ended up getting pregnant with twins.. Would anybody know the

procedure for doing this – as in are there certain prayers to chant during those days, which archanas to attend, does one stay on the temple premises the whole time etc…I know this is a little personal but I hope some of the elder

devotees with much more worldly experience can advice and help me. Thank you all in advance for your input,Sincerely,Uma Menon

Guest guest

Dear Savitriji,

Thanks a lot. I am also a silent member of this group and whole hearted devotee of Guruvayoorappa. I am also sufeering with same issue of Umaji and now I got this.

12th of this month I am coming back to Kerala for a vacation and I am planning to visit Guruvayoor also.

thanks a lot Savitriji.Pradeep--- On Thu, 7/8/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Suggestions for prayers at Guruvayoor / Remedies .guruvayur Date: Thursday, 7 August, 2008, 11:24 PM

Dear Umaji,

There is a manthram called Santhana Gopala Manthram. It is very auspicious to chant that and Guruvayurappan will bless you with a baby with all his Anugrahaas. There is no doubt about that. You can offer to say that 1008 times or as many times as you can. I am attaching that manthra with this note.

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, tres_uma <tres_uma > wrote:

Dear fellow devotees,I have been a silent member of this board so far but over time I have been helped immensely by all the various kinds of devotional information and discussion given by various Guruvayoorappan devotees here. I am coming forward because I have a request with a private matter that I feel needs both solid faith and divine intervention. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a very long time – somehow it just has not happened so far and I am slowly starting to lose hope. Both of us are getting older and this is also very worrisome...Is there any sthothram or mantram that I can chant that will help? Also I have heard stories in my family about how my great grandmother stayed and worshipped at Guruvayoor for 41 days ( I think in Malayalam they used to call it ` bhajanairinnu') and she ended up getting pregnant with twins.. Would anybody know the

procedure for doing this – as in are there certain prayers to chant during those days, which archanas to attend, does one stay on the temple premises the whole time etc…I know this is a little personal but I hope some of the elder devotees with much more worldly experience can advice and help me. Thank you all in advance for your input,Sincerely,Uma Menon

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Guest guest

Umaji,

Prayers will never be in vain. As Savitri ji has stated, Santhana Gopala Mantra is a powerful mantra which serves this purpose.( You know the story - Santhanagopalam). But you should not give up your faith. My Uncle and aunt begot a child after a long period of 12 years. They are devotee of Guruvayoorappan, so we kept his petname as "Kannan".

So don't get upset.

May Lord bless you with a baby soon.

Regards,

Sreejith." Om Gum Gananpathayee Namah "--- On Thu, 7/8/08, Savitri Puram <savitriopuram wrote:

Savitri Puram <savitriopuramRe: [Guruvayur] Suggestions for prayers at Guruvayoor / Remedies .guruvayur Date: Thursday, 7 August, 2008, 11:24 PM

Dear Umaji,

Regards and prayers

Savitri

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, tres_uma <tres_uma > wrote:

Dear fellow devotees,I have been a silent member of this board so far but over time I have been helped immensely by all the various kinds of devotional information and discussion given by various Guruvayoorappan devotees here. I am coming forward because I have a request with a private matter that I feel needs both solid faith and divine intervention. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a very long time – somehow it just has not happened so far and I am slowly starting to lose hope. Both of us are getting older and this is also very worrisome...Is there any sthothram or mantram that I can chant that will help? Also I have heard stories in my family about how my great grandmother stayed and worshipped at Guruvayoor for 41 days ( I think in Malayalam they used to call it ` bhajanairinnu') and she ended up getting pregnant with twins.. Would anybody know the

procedure for doing this – as in are there certain prayers to chant during those days, which archanas to attend, does one stay on the temple premises the whole time etc…I know this is a little personal but I hope some of the elder devotees with much more worldly experience can advice and help me. Thank you all in advance for your input,Sincerely,Uma Menon

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya:Dear Uma ji,I have read about the offering of Bhajanam in two books- Sri Krishna, The Lord of Guruvayur by Sri K. R. Vaidyanathan, Bhavan's Book University and Guruvayur Bhoolokavaikundam (A guide to pilgrims), Guruvayur Devasom Publication and the following are the views gathered from there.Bhajanam is different from the various other offerings to Guruvayurappan as it is an important one in which we can involve more of ourselves and get spiritually elevated. You should vow to spend a certain number of days at our Guruvayur

temple. Once there, completely dedicate yourself/ yourself and Menonji to Guruvayurappan by spending entire days in the temple premises and by being present for the twelve darshanams ( 1. Nirmalya Darshanam 2. Vakacharthu 3. Usha Puja 4. Ethirthu Pooja 5. Morning Sribali (Sheevaeli) 6. Pantheeradi Puja 7. Uchcha Pooja 8. Evening Sribali (Sheevaeli) 9. Diparadhana 10. Athazha puja 11.Night Sribali(Sheevaeli) 12. Tripuka). On days of Udayasthamana Puja, special pujas commence after the morning procession.It might be impossible to get inside the Nalambalam for each darshan due to the long queue and you might also miss a darshan while standing in the queue. In that case, try to get His darshan when the nada opens after puja from near the Kodimaram and do a namaskaram. In between darshans: -you may sit down anywhere inside the temple and chant the mantra Savitri ji gave you.Try to

take only the Nivedyam for food - go for Prasada Ottu at ottupura(They start giving coupons at 9 am - you can collect it then and enter the ottupura directly any time before 11.30 am) and buy other Prasadams(Plantain, sugar, malar, butter, payasam etc). You can buy the Vella Nivedyam Prasadam (Rice offered to the Lord). Sometimes there might be Prasada Ottu around 7 pm too ( if a devotee has offered Athazham or on the day before an Udayashthamana pooja). In olden days, people used to drink only the water of Rudra Kupa* during Bhajanam. Offer worship at the Mammiyoor temple too on all the days. Immerse yourself in thoughts of His feet during the bhajanam and pray for His grace at each darshan.About Bhajanam in general - Bhajanam can be done for various objects and for various number of days, some of which are-Athura bhajanam - for cure of any disease. Garbhakala Bhajanam - by expectant mothers not only for easy delivery but for blessed offspring also. The pregnant lady has to take Naijapam from the head priest and eat it on an empty stomach.Thinkal Bhajanam - done monthly once for a day- usually the devotees will come to Guruvayur on the last day of the month, perform the bhajanam and return back home on the first of next month after the bhajanam for that month also. Mandala Bhajanam - For 41 days commencing from first of Vrischikam. You can perform bhajanam for yourself or for others(your children and relatives). Married people are expected to observe strict brahmacharya during bhajanam. The bhajanam at Guruvayur is not exacting. The above is the way its usually done. It is left to the individual's health and inclination. The harder the bhajanam, the greater is the concentration

and therefore quicker and better the result.

*Rudra Kupa is the temple well near the Ardhamandapa or porch in front of the shrine in the north-eastern side. It is called so as Lord Shiva had sprinkled the holy water from this well on Guruvayurappan’s idol prior to installation. It’s water is crystal clear at all seasons and is reputed to possess digestive and curative properties. The water in it has a rare taste and the well is believed to be consecrated by the Pratishtha of Varuna Deva. Rice meant for offering to the Lord is washed using this holy water.Regards,Krishnapriya

Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya:--- On Thu, 8/7/08, tres_uma <tres_uma wrote:

tres_uma <tres_uma[Guruvayur] Suggestions for prayers at Guruvayoor / Remedies .guruvayur Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:27 PM

Dear fellow devotees,I have been a silent member of this board so far but over time I have been helped immensely by all the various kinds of devotional information and discussion given by various Guruvayoorappan devotees here. I am coming forward because I have a request with a private matter that I feel needs both solid faith and divine intervention. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a very long time – somehow it just has not happened so far and I am slowly starting to lose hope. Both of us are getting older and this is also very worrisome...Is there any sthothram or mantram that I can chant that will help? Also I have heard stories in my family about how my great grandmother stayed and worshipped at Guruvayoor for 41 days ( I think in Malayalam they used to call it ` bhajanairinnu' ) and she ended up getting pregnant with twins.. Would anybody know the

Guest guest

Narayana,Narayana,Narayana

rekhaji,

There is a puja called Uma Maheswara puja for getting married.You can contact good astroleger or priest about the procedure.

subramanian(madurai)

guruvayur , regana9 <regana9 wrote:>> Dear Savitriji,> > > > Is there any similar manthram for marriage. Please share it with us.> > > thank you,> rekha> > --- On Fri, 8/8/08, Savitri Puram savitriopuram wrote:> Savitri Puram savitriopuram Re: [Guruvayur] Suggestions for prayers at Guruvayoor / Remedies .> guruvayur > Friday, August 8, 2008, 1:54 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > Dear Umaji,> > There is a manthram called Santhana Gopala Manthram. It is very auspicious to chant that and Guruvayurappan will bless you with a baby with all his Anugrahaas. There is no doubt about that. You can offer to say that 1008 times or as many times as you can. I am attaching that manthra with this note. > > > May Guruvayurappan fulfill your wish soon!> > Regards and prayers> > Savitri > > > On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM, tres_uma tres_uma > wrote:> > > > > > > Dear fellow devotees,> > I have been a silent member of this board so far but over time I > have been helped immensely by all the various kinds of devotional > information and discussion given by various Guruvayoorappan devotees > > here. > > I am coming forward because I have a request with a private matter > that I feel needs both solid faith and divine intervention. My > husband and I have been trying for a baby for a very long time – > > somehow it just has not happened so far and I am slowly starting to > lose hope. Both of us are getting older and this is also very > worrisome...> > Is there any sthothram or mantram that I can chant that will help? > > > Also I have heard stories in my family about how my great > grandmother stayed and worshipped at Guruvayoor for 41 days ( I > think in Malayalam they used to call it ` bhajanairinnu') and she > ended up getting pregnant with twins.. Would anybody know the > > procedure for doing this – as in are there certain prayers to chant > during those days, which archanas to attend, does one stay on the > temple premises the whole time etc…> > I know this is a little personal but I hope some of the elder > > devotees with much more worldly experience can advice and help me. > > Thank you all in advance for your input,> Sincerely,> Uma Menon>