IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Meenkulathi Amman Temple, Palakkad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am planning to go to Meenkulathi Amman Temple in Pallassana, Palakkad next week. It has been several years since I last visited the temple and the route details are hazy. I am planning to go from Chennai to Thrissur, visit the Vadakkunnathan and nearby temples and then go to Pallassana.

Anyone who could guide me on how to go to this temple, and also other details like accommodation availability etc, I'd be most obliged.

Regards,

Hari

Guest guest

Om Namo Narayanaya

Shri Hari,

Being born in Pallassana and grown up there till 19 (that was in 1956) I am honored to reply to your kind mail. Since then I was more a visitor to my own birth place. My last visit was in 2001. From Thrissur you could hire a car and travel via Thiruvilvamala Sri Rama Temple, visit near by Krishna Temple at Ivor Madom on your way to Pallassana Meenkulathi Amman Temple. Special poojas are conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays and Fridays attract a bigger crowd. The temple pond is kept pure and no soap allowed while dipping in the pond for bath. I did not see any hotels for overnight stay during my last visit but I sincerely hope there must be some established since then. I will have to en-quire about that and let you know. Since time is short, our member Prasad Krishna can complement my

statement about additional facilities as he visits Pallassana more often.

Hope you will include Guruvayoor also in this tour

Om Namo Narayanaya

Chandrasekharan Menon

"Krishnan, Harihara" <harihara.krishnanThursday, May 22, 2008 6:50:34 AM[Guruvayur] Meenkulathi Amman Temple, Palakkad

I am planning to go to Meenkulathi Amman Temple in Pallassana, Palakkad next week. It has been several years since I last visited the temple and the route details are hazy. I am planning to go from Chennai to Thrissur, visit the Vadakkunnathan and nearby temples and then go to Pallassana.

Anyone who could guide me on how to go to this temple, and also other details like accommodation availability etc, I'd be most obliged.

Regards,Hari

Guest guest

Om Namo Bhagavathe VasudevayaDear Hari,You are most welcome to Pallassana and the following are some information regarding the stay in Pallassana.There are rest houses near the temple complex under the control of the Temple Trust, which is in charge of the temple administration. On prior intimation the temple authorities arrange accommodation for the devotees. They can be contacted on phone (04923-268278). The tariff ranges from Rs.80 to Rs.100/-. (I don't know the present rates) Buses from Palakkad, Shoranur, Calicut, Kollengode, Nemmara and Vadakkancheri through Pallasana.

The following are the times the temple is kept open for devotees: Sundays, Tuesdays, Fridays5-30a.m. to 12-30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays5-30a.m. to 10.30 a.m. Evening all days5-30 p.m. to 8-00 pm. Timings may have little difference since I dont know the present timings. Manager:SIVASANKARAN JANARDHANAN NUM:09447277866(INFORMATION) prasadam: Balakrishnan - Clerk(04923268495)After visiting Meenkulathi bhagavathy, please visit nearby temples called Vettakkaruman Temple and Puthiyakavu Bhagavathy Temple also. Also, please do not expect five star facilities at the lodge located nearby temple. If you have any difficulty, you can contact Melsanthi at Meenkulathi Temple Shri Vasudevan Namboothiri (who is father of my batch mate Mr. Rajasekharan, DYSP, BSF). You can very well refer my name Krishna Prasad(saudi) S/o Late Mr.Bhaskaran.Hope above information is sufficient

and wish you to have a thorough darshan in all three temples.Best regards,Prasad KrishnaChandra Menon <chandrasmenon2002 wrote: Om Namo Narayanaya Shri Hari, Being born in Pallassana and grown up there till 19 (that was in 1956) I am honored to reply to your kind mail. Since then I was more a visitor to my own birth place. My last visit was in 2001. From Thrissur you could hire a car and travel via Thiruvilvamala Sri Rama Temple, visit near by Krishna Temple at Ivor Madom on your way to Pallassana Meenkulathi Amman Temple. Special poojas are conducted on Tuesdays and Fridays and Fridays attract a bigger crowd. The temple pond is kept pure and no soap allowed while dipping in the pond for bath. I did not see any hotels for overnight stay during my last visit but I sincerely hope there must be some established since then. I will have to en-quire about that and let you know. Since time is short, our member Prasad Krishna can complement my statement about additional facilities as he visits Pallassana more

often. Hope you will include Guruvayoor also in this tour Om Namo Narayanaya Chandrasekharan Menon "Krishnan, Harihara" <harihara.krishnan (AT) eds (DOT) com>Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:50:34 AM[Guruvayur] Meenkulathi Amman Temple, Palakkad I am planning to go to Meenkulathi Amman Temple in Pallassana,

Palakkad next week. It has been several years since I last visited the temple and the route details are hazy. I am planning to go from Chennai to Thrissur, visit the Vadakkunnathan and nearby temples and then go to Pallassana. Anyone who could guide me on how to go to this temple, and also other details like accommodation availability etc, I'd be most obliged. Regards,Hari