IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
gokulkr

Lord Dhanvantri

Rate this topic

Lord Dhanvantri

Lord Dhanvantri is the discoverer of Ayurveda, and is considered the physician of the gods (like the Ashwini Kumaras). According to Hindu mythology, Lord Dhanvantri appeared while the primeval ocean was being churned. He brought with him the knowledge of long life, health, and medicine. When the primeval ocean was being churned for the Nectar of Immortality, 14 gems were produced, and Lord Dhanvantari is considered one amongst them.

Lord Dhanvantari destroys negativity and blesses his devotees with good health. He is also known by the name Sudhapani, since he appeared with the pot of Nectar in his hands. The day of his appearance is celebrated on the thirteenth day or 'trayodasi' when the moon is in its waxing phase. This day is celebrated every year, a few days before Diwali/Deepavali (the festival of lights).

All 108 Divya Desa Perumal in one Temple

In Thiru Narayoor divyadesam (also popularly called as Naachiyar koil), all the 108 Divya Desa Perumal vigrahams are found. So by visiting this temple, you can see all the Perumal of all the 108 Divyadesams.

He came almost as every manu.

He expanded as brahma,rudras,adityas,prajapati,etc.

He became Indra one time in history(and WILL AGAIN BECOME IF NEEDED.)

He brought ayurveda into light

i mean He authored the freakin vedas.

further,He said in the geeta,"I am the compiler of vedanta,the knower and to be known through the vedas."

First point: Srila Vedvyasa is the compiler...even the most dumb people know.

2nd point: four Acharyas have accepted Sri Krsna to be the One to be known through the vedas

3rd point: Since 2nd point holds true,the Supreme Truth Himself alone knows the vedas.For the vedas are a form of the Lord.

4th and most important point: Sri Krsna Himself is stating so.

What else is needed to understand Whom to worship ????

He came almost as every manu.

He expanded as brahma,rudras,adityas,prajapati,etc.

He became Indra one time in history(and WILL AGAIN BECOME IF NEEDED.)

He brought ayurveda into light

i mean He authored the freakin vedas.

further,He said in the geeta,"I am the compiler of vedanta,the knower and to be known through the vedas."

First point: Srila Vedvyasa is the compiler...even the most dumb people know.

2nd point: four Acharyas have accepted Sri Krsna to be the One to be known through the vedas

3rd point: Since 2nd point holds true,the Supreme Truth Himself alone knows the vedas.For the vedas are a form of the Lord.

4th and most important point: Sri Krsna Himself is stating so.

What else is needed to understand Whom to worship ????

Of course, Krsnah doesn`t need a doctor to heal Himself. That`s a given. But I do If I get sick. Similarly, Lord Caitanya doesn`t need anyone to teach Him the Vedas because He himself authored the Vedas through Vyasadeva. & yet the Lord accepted one who could teach and explain to Him her essence and mysteries. Lord Dhanvantari is a mystery to me. Just as Srimati Radharani still remains a mystery to Krsnah. We can`t use logic here as the means to justify the end started by Gokulkr.