Sign in to follow this  
ajithsrn

Kailash Murthy and Rishi Khethi

Rate this topic

samudra vasane devi

parvatha sthana mandale

Vishnu patnee namasthubhyam

paada sparsam kshamaswa me

O Mother Earth! O Great Goddess shining in the apparel of the Ocean and conveying maternal love through the beautiful hills which are your limbs! O beloved Consort of Lord Vishnu who sustains the whole creation! I bow unto Thee, forgive me as I walk and touch Thee with my feet, O Mother!

This has been a morning wake up prayer for many Indians, before they touch their feet on the ground. Kailash Murthy, a bank employee from India, had been practicing this ethos while cultivating his 6.5 acre land in Doddinduvadi village of Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district in the state of Karnataka, India. Kailash transformed the habit of using using chemical fertilizers or pesticides during the farming process. And the results had been encouraging. Report from a nearby forestry college indicated that the farm exhibited a symbiotic relationship as observed in natural forests. More than 3000 varieties of plants co-exist in the farm. Kailash had also grown 33 quintals of paddy on an acre in comparison to 18 quintals in nearby areas.

Kailash Murthy practices Natural Farming. The practice of Natural Farming, or "Rishi Khethi" as he refers to it, do not incorporate the usage of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Unlike organic farming, this practice do not incorporate bio-fertilizers/ bio-pesticides, and not even tilling. He has been influenced by the thoughts of Masanobu Fukuoka from Japan, known for his book "One Straw Revolution".

More details about Kailash's practice of "Natural Farming" can be found here:

http://www.thehindu.com/2009/01/19/stories/2009011952860300.htm

Kailash Murthy is conducting a "One Day Workshop On Mango Cultivation Under Natural Condition" on May 2, 2009, at a place near Mysore, Karnataka, India. Those who would be interested to attend the seminar can contact him. There is no fee to attend the seminar. The travel expenses has to be borne by the participant. The contact details of Kailash Murthy are available at the website of Academy of Natural Farming: http://www.the-anf.org

As Fukuoka said, “…the ultimate goal of natural farming is not the growing of crops... but the cultivation and perfection of human beings”.

Thankyou.