IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
User

Karna and Arjuna abilites

Rate this topic

I'm really interested in the duel between Karna and Arjuna.

Please, can someone tell me more about Karna and Arjuna abilities, like what astras could they use, the powers of their bows and of their charriots?

There are reams and reams written here who was the greatest, there is one thread where people have discussed for three years and finally some sorry bloke got vituperative and all.

People are mixing two issues one is archery skills and the other is perfection as a human being.

1) As far as perfection as a human being is concerned Arjun was certainly ahead of Karna. As a human being he was more perfect in all sense, he did much less wrong then Karna, in his behavior and attitude, he was again on the side of righteousness. Karna's life was more tragic, he was more prone to human flaws, like speaking first and repenting later.

2) As an archer Karna was more then equal to Arjun. As somebody has said in the above post, it took six people or incidents to pull him down, where people say Karna was defeated here and there, I believe that everybody has a bad day in office, isnt it. There are lot of instances where even weakness of Arjun was exposed like being defeated by his son, in the end being unable even to defend Krishna's women folk from mere thieves. Karnas skill as a warrior can be seen here

MAHABHARATA BY VYASA…..

Translation by Kisari Mohan Ganguli…..

NOTE-The translation of KM Ganguli for Mahabharata of Vyasa is the most complete & comprehensive translation available in public domain…

You find the same at sacred-texts

Book 7

SECTION CLXXX

This was after Ghatotkach vadh

"Vasudeva said, Great is the joy I feel. Listen to me, Dhananjaya! This that I will tell thee will immediately dispel thy sorrow and infuse delight into thy heart. O thou of great splendour, know, O Dhananjaya, that Karna, his dart being baffled through Ghatotkacha, is already slain

p. 419

in battle. The man does not exist in this world that could not stay before Karna armed with that dart and looking like Kartikeya in battle. By good luck, his (natural) armour had been taken away. By good luck, his earrings also had been taken away. By good luck, his infallible dart also is now baffled, through Ghatotkacha. Clad in (natural) coat of mail and decked with his (natural) ear-rings, Karna, who had his senses under control, could singly vanquish the three worlds with the very gods. Neither Vasava, nor Varuna the lord of the waters, nor Yama, could venture to approach him. Indeed, if that bull among men had his armour and ear-rings, neither thyself, bending the Gandiva, nor myself, uplifting my discus, called Sudarsana, could vanquish him in battle. For thy good, Karna was divested of his ear-rings by Sakra with the help of an illusion. Similarly was that subjugator of hostile towns deprived of his (natural) armour. Indeed, because Karna, cutting off his (natural) armour and his brilliant car-rings, gave them unto Sakra, it is for that he came to be called Vaikartana. Karna now seems to me to be like an angry snake of virulent poison stupefied by power of incantation, or like a fire of mild flames. From that time, O mighty-armed one, when the high-souled Sakra gave that dart unto Karna in exchange for the latter's ear-rings, and celestial armour, that dart, viz., which has slain Ghatotkacha, from that time, Vrisha, having obtained it, had always regarded thee as slain in battle! But though deprived of that dart, O sinless one, I swear to thee that hero is still incapable of being slain by anybody else save thee. Devoted to Brahmanas, truthful in speech, engaged in penances, observant of vows, kind even unto foes, for these reasons Karna is called Vrisha. Heroic in battle, possessed of mighty arms and with bow always uplifted, like the lion in the forest depriving leaders of elephantine herds of their pride, Karna always deprives the greatest car-warriors of their pride on the field of battle, and resembles the mid-day sun at whom none can gaze. Contending with all the illustrious and foremost of warriors of thy army, O tiger among men, Karna, while shooting his arrowy showers, looked like the autumnal sun with his thousand rays. Indeed, incessantly shooting showers of shafts like the clouds pouring torrents of rain at the end of summer, Karna is like a pouring cloud charged with celestial weapons. He is incapable of being vanquished in battle by the gods, he would mangle them in such a way that their flesh and blood would fall copiously on the field. Deprived, however, of his armour as also of his car-rings, O son of Pandu, and divested also of the dart given him by Vasava, Karna is now like a man (and no longer like a god). There win occur one opportunity for his slaughter. When his car-wheels will sink in the earth, availing thyself of that opportunity, thou shouldst slay him in that distressful situation. I will make thee a sign beforehand. Warned by it, thou shouldst act. The vanquisher of Vala himself, that foremost of heroes, wielding his thunder, is incapable of slaying the invincible Karna while the latter stands weapon in hand.

This I hope brings things in perspective.

I dont agree with you that Arjun was better human and best warrior.

Comparing the fate both had, i feel karna was much powerful and superior than Arjun. Without Krishna, Arjun was nothing. He was like more "projectedSarvshreshta" rather than in "actual".

Karna, even though abondoned by her mother Kunti, and his upbringing in lower cast familiy, he came up to that level that even Krishna was scared of him ( that he can kill the Arjun). To weaken Karna, gods played politics and ensured that he got three major curses (i.e. one from parshuram even though he was innocent, By a brahmin and the earth godess). Even just before the battle, krishna ensured that karna "Kawach" or "Kundal" to which even brahmastra or even krishna sudarshan couldnt pass, should be taken away. And just before the battle, to weaken him psycologically, krishan disclosed to him that he is the brother of Pandavas, and offered him the position of King after battle if he joined him. But karna, a true human being, a true friend didnt leave those who helped them in his bad time. Even kunti did the same and got 'Vachan" from him that she will always remain the mother of Five. In the battle ground, he kept his promise and didnt kill all pandavas, including Arjun (coz sunset was happened just in time, may be other trick from krishna) and spared their lifes even he had a chance to do so. And look how he was killed, If Arjuna was the best and was with the so called GOD krishna, why he killed Karna in the position in which he was armless.

He was the biggest donor till today and donated his "Kawach" or "Kundal" even though he knew that it is Indra who is asking for it.

there are many instances like these but these are the major one. In complete mahabharatha, i believe the Karna character was the best.

Karna in exchange for the latter's ear-rings, and celestial armour, that dart, viz., which has slain Ghatotkacha, from that time, Vrisha, having obtained it, had always regarded thee as slain in battle! But though deprived of that dart, O sinless one, I swear to thee that hero is still incapable of being slain by anybody else save thee. Devoted to Brahmanas, truthful in speech, engaged in penances, observant of vows, kind even unto foes, for these reasons Karna is called Vrisha. Heroic in battle, possessed of mighty arms and with bow always uplifted, like the lion in the forest depriving leaders of elephantine herds of their pride, Karna always deprives the greatest car-warriors of their pride on the field of battle, and resembles the mid-day sun at whom none can gaze.

I dont agree with you that Arjun was better human and best warrior.

Comparing the fate both had, i feel karna was much powerful and superior than Arjun. Without Krishna, Arjun was nothing. He was like more "projectedSarvshreshta" rather than in "actual".

Karna, even though abondoned by her mother Kunti, and his upbringing in lower cast familiy, he came up to that level that even Krishna was scared of him ( that he can kill the Arjun). To weaken Karna, gods played politics and ensured that he got three major curses (i.e. one from parshuram even though he was innocent, By a brahmin and the earth godess). Even just before the battle, krishna ensured that karna "Kawach" or "Kundal" to which even brahmastra or even krishna sudarshan couldnt pass, should be taken away. And just before the battle, to weaken him psycologically, krishan disclosed to him that he is the brother of Pandavas, and offered him the position of King after battle if he joined him. But karna, a true human being, a true friend didnt leave those who helped them in his bad time. Even kunti did the same and got 'Vachan" from him that she will always remain the mother of Five. In the battle ground, he kept his promise and didnt kill all pandavas, including Arjun (coz sunset was happened just in time, may be other trick from krishna) and spared their lifes even he had a chance to do so. And look how he was killed, If Arjuna was the best and was with the so called GOD krishna, why he killed Karna in the position in which he was armless.

He was the biggest donor till today and donated his "Kawach" or "Kundal" even though he knew that it is Indra who is asking for it.

there are many instances like these but these are the major one. In complete mahabharatha, i believe the Karna character was the best.

HI all,

1. Karna, when his charriot's wheel got struck does not try to stop the battle, but tries for Bramhastra.

2. When he fails to retrieve bramhastra, he tries to take out the wheel to come out of the temporary phase of "shaap". And he asks arjun to stop the battle.

He could have taken another charriot, but he didn't.

When would a warrior turns for bramhastra???? when nothing works.

Karna knew that he cannot beat arjuna. So he went for bramhastra. But bramhastra destructs everything...even his mitr Duryodhana. And GOD cannot remain silent. That's why Lord Krishna asked arjuna to release the arrow. And i feel by doing so, Lord Krishna saved some grace for Karna.

Ppl just talk of kavach kundal.

But they are not indestructible against pashupatastra.

kavach kundal episode stands as an example for karna's daatrutva only.

So Karna is no way a mighty warrior than arjuna.

regards,

shashidhar.

Lets make an honest comparision..not one sided..right from facts of mahabharata:

(SOURCE-TRANSLATION OF ORIGINAL MAHABHARAT OF VYAS BY KESARI MOHAN GANGULY 
& WHICH IS THE ONLY PRECISE TRANSLATION AVAILABLE ON PUBLIC DOMAIN):

Incident 1:Karna fled from battlefield from Arjuna(Virata Yudh):

Incident 2:Karna defeated by Gandharwa chitrasena:

Incident 3:Arjuna defeat Ghandarwas & rescued Duryodhan & kurus:

Incident 4:Karna defeated & freightened by Abhimanyu in chakruvyuhu:

Hearing these words, Karna, afflicted with the shafts of Arjuna's son, once more said unto Drona, 'Exceedingly afflicted with the shafts of Abhimanyu, I am staying in battle, only because (as a warrior) I should stay here. Indeed, the arrows of this south of great energy are exceedingly fierce. Terrible as they are and possessed of the energy of fire, these arrows are weakening my heart.'

What Karna's own friend Ashwathama & kripacharya think of karna:

what Lord Krishna think of karna's bravery:

Krishna said(To Arjuna):.I swear by Truth to thee, O friend, that my limbs are burning at the thought that while the son of Subhadra was thus advancing, consuming the hostile army with his shafts, even on that occasion the wicked-souled Karna was engaged in acts of hostility to that hero,Unable, O Partha, to stay in that battle before Abhimanyu's face, mangled with the shafts of Subhadra's son, deprived of consciousness, and bathed in blood, Karna drew deep breaths, inflamed with rage. At last, afflicted with arrows, he was obliged to turn his back upon the field. 

& Finally karna himself accepting Arjuna's supeority:

Narrative:

"'Karna said(about Arjuna), "As far as I have heard,
such a superior car-warrior has
never been born on earth! Behold
my prowess, since I will contend in
battle with even that Partha who is
such. This prince of Kuru's line, this
foremost of car-warriors, careers in
battle, borne by his steeds white in
hue. Perhaps he will despatch me to
Yama's abode today. Know, however,
that with Karna's death, these all
will be exterminated. The two arms
of this prince are never covered with
sweat. They never tremble. They are
massive and covered with cicatrices.
Firm in the use of weapons, he is
possessed of great skill and endued
with great lightness of hands.
Indeed, there is no warrior equal to
the son of Pandu. He taketh a large
number of arrows and shooteth them
as if they were one. Quickly fixing
them on the bow-string, he
propelleth them to the distance of
two miles. They always fall on the
foe. What warriors is there on earth
that is equal to him? That Atiratha,
endued with great activity, with
Krishna as his ally, gratified the god
Agni at Khandava. There, on that
occasion, the high-souled Krishna
obtained his discus, and Savyasaci,
the son of Pandu, obtained his bow
Gandiva. There that mighty-armed
one, endued with might that knows
no decay, also obtained his terrible
car unto which are yoked those white
steeds, as also his two great
celestial and inexhaustible quivers,
and many celestial weapons, from
the God of Fire. In the region of
Indra he obtained his conch
Devadatta and slew innumerable
Daityas, and all the Kalakeyas. Who
is there on earth that is superior to
him? Possessed of greatness of soul,
he gratified Mahadeva himself in fair
fight, and obtained from him the
terrible and mighty weapon Pasupata
that is capable of destroying the
three worlds. The several Regents of
the world, united together gave him
their weapons of immeasurable
energy, with which that lion among
men quickly destroyed in battle
those united Asuras, the
Kalakhanjas. 

So also, in Virata's city,
moving on a single car he
vanquished all of us, and snatched
from us that wealth of kine, and took
from all the foremost of car-warriors
(portions of) their garments.
Challenging that foremost of
Kshatriyas, that hero having him of
Vrishni's race for his ally, that
warrior who is endued with such
energy and such attributes, I regard
myself, O Shalya, to be the foremost
of persons in all the world in point
of courage. He is, again, protected by
that Keshava of great energy, who i
Narayana himself and who is without
a rival, that high-souled Vasudeva,
that ever-victorious Vishnu armed
with conch, discus, and mace, whose
attributes all the world united
together, cannot (in narrating)
exhaust in 10,000 years. Beholding
the two Krishnas together on the
same car, fear entereth my heart
together with courage. Partha is the
foremost of all bowmen!

Source:origial mahabharat by vyas..trans by km ganguly!

FINAL KARNA ARJUNA BATTLE(DAY 17 OF MAHABHARATA):

ACCORDING TO MY ANALYSIS OF THIS TRANSLATION IN THE FINAL BATTLE OF MAHABHARATA,ARJUNA & KARNA ASSAULTED EACH OTHER 35 TIMES WITH NUMEROUS, THOUSANDS & LAKHS OF ARROWS ………8 TIMES THEY NULLIFIED EACH OTHER ARROWS ,12 TIMES BOTH KARNA & ARJUNA PIERCED EACH OTHER BUT THE REMAINING 15 TIMES ARJUNA PIERCED KARNA IN EVERY PART OF HIS BODY & KARNA’S LIMBS,YOKE,STANDARD,STEEDS,CHARIOT WERE RIPPED APART & KARNA WAS LEFT MANGLED BATHED IN BLOOD & KARNA HAD NO ANSWER FOR ARJUNA’S ARROWS!!!

Authenciaty of vyas original mahabharat by km ganguly:

OTHER MISCONCEPTIONS:

Misconception No 1-Indra made Karna weaker by requesting karna to offer his kavach kundal as alms(Daan):

About the kavach kundal of karna better get to know that even if shakuni or even blind dhritrashtra had that kavach kundal nobody not even demigods can penetrate his kavach..the fact ofthe  matter is that having impenetrable kavach kundal makes karna invincible in battle & battle will become one sided so karna having deprived of his kavach kundal makes the battle equally challenging for both karna & arjuna & not one sided...So having kavacha kundal will definietly make you invincible in battle but wont show your archery talent!So having or not having kavach kundaal does'nt make you great archer & it simply weaken your defence & most important of all it doesn't show your archery talent!!

Misconception No 2-Kunti saved Arjuna:Moreover I laugh at somebody claim that kunti saved arjuna even though karna only promised to kunti he would spare all 4 pandavas except Arjuna as Karna was determined to kill Arjuna even though knowing Arjuna was his younger uterine brother..On the other gand arjuna gandiva fell from his hand & he cried for fraticide he had done after karna death after kunti desclosed of karna reality as his elder brother to arjuna & after dat Arjuna developed great affection for karna last suviving son named Vrishaketu, & personally arjuna trained him & took utmost care of him.. This is Arjuna!!

Misconception No 3-Brahmin's curse caused Karna's defeat:

Now coming at somebody's claim that brahmin curse for karna..Let me tell you  Arjuna didnt gave him that shap so why you blame arjuna..it was his destiny that even Arjuna cant change..in gitaopdesh lord vasudev showed arjuna his vishwaroopam in which karna alongwith all kaurava commanders were engulfed by lord krishna bigg mouth which arjuna saw..everybody knew those on path of adharm are sure to get defeated & stop blaming arjuna for that!

Misconception No 4-Arjuna did Adharm by cheatfully killing Bhishma:

you all are wrong again mate...If you read mahabharata properly Shikhandi in her previous birth as Amba has a boon from lord Shiva that in her next birth as shikhandi,she will be the reason for Bhishma death & Krishna himeslf enginered Bhishma death by arranging Shikandi behind Arjuna after Bhishma himself told the way of his death to pandavas..so u all better stop blaiming Arjuna for that..this was lord shiva boon that was bound to happen.& according to u Arjuna causing Bhishma death was unjust..but dear it was again lord Shiva boon that Shikandi obtained in her previous birth & dats the truth which ur ego cant change!This was bound to happenn..& if you still call this as Adharm then better blame lord shiva & lord krishna both..argue with gods then..u can assume however whatever u want in ur own version of mahabharata written by urself!but in actual mb,sorry mate dis doesnt happen dude.. accept that!

Misconception No 5-Karna forgot Mantra due to Parshuram's curse:

Now coming to your point dat karna forgot mantra for brahmastra invocation..better read the last part sec 90-91 of Karna Parva. It was CLEARLY mentioned that Karna after initial struggle karna was able to recall mantra for brahmastra which he invoked & directed at arjuna which was quenched by another Brahmastra fired by Arjuna..

Misconception No 6-Arjuna being the greatest archer cant defeat Drona & Drona has to be killed by Adharm:

First of all if you all read Mahabharat properly in Drona Parva you will get to know that Dronacharya has invoked a terrible weapon nullyfying divine system known as "BRAHMADANDA" also called the stick of Brahma..It wasn't actually a weapon for offensive purpose but its for defence purposes only & it has the divine power of all 7 Saptarishis & it literally nullified all weapons of Pandavas..It has the power to nullify the Brahmastra also as once Brahmastra of Great Sage Vishwamitra was nullified by Brahmadanda only!!At last Lord Krishna adviced Pandavas the way which was indeed not dharmic to kill drona but remember Drona also was the chief responsible for Abhimanyu's merciless cowardly killing by Adharm even though he was the only eldest & most respected person after Bhishma's fall..So he has to receive back the fruit of his actions!

MAHADEV SHIV HIMSELF ACCEPTED ARJUNA SUPERIOTY WHEN LORD SHIVA FOUGHT A DUEL WITH ARJUNA IN HUNTER DISGUISE WHEN ARJUNA DID SEVERE PENANCE ON HIS TWO THUMBS OF HIS FOOT TO OBTAIN PASHUPATASTRA FROM LORD SHIVA..ARJUNA WAS CALLED NARA & HE WAS THE MOST IDEAL MAN HIMSELF & LORD KRISHNA HIMSELF ACCEPTED IN GITA PRAISING HIS MORAL CHARACTER!

karna himself praised arjuna that everytime he cut thread of bow arjuna in such a speed rejoin his thread that karna cant notice..this is clearly memtioned in karna parva..for god's sake read carefully..Moreover Arjuna wasnt responsible for karna shaap so why do u blame arjuna..why dont you people dont notice how abhimanyu single handedly hold at bay 5 kaurava generals simultaneously including karna when he was chariotless!!

Moreover karna himself said to kunti(in ved vyas version) & to shalya ( in some telugu version) dat anybody except Mahadev Shiva would fear to fight arjuna wid krishna as his charioteer!

Arjuna didnt use the irrestible & unfailing "Pashupata Astra" on karna & neither Arjuna used the deadly "Brahmasirha astra" on karna because it will have caused unimmaginable destruction which Arjuna was against..Surely karna would have dispatched to yamaloka if pashupatastra or brahmasirhastra was used on karna!!

Karna also failed to stop Arjuna from killing Jayadratha(The person responsile for Abhimanyu's killing)

Even Satyaki & Bheem gave sleepless nights to Karna!

Arjuna wasnt even seduced by queen of all Apsaras Urvashi whom even great rishis cant resist..Arjuna has an unmatched control of lust & respect for women which draupadi & krishna themselves praised!But what karna did-Karna encouraged cheer haran of draupadi & called draupadi A PROSTITUTE(VAISHYA)..God Krishna doesnt like anybody without any reason!!

Indeed Karna was the greatest human being that took birth on Earth & this was accpted by Lord Krisna himself & his daanvir nature & absolute loyality & friendship to Duryodhan was widely praised in three worlds & he also has to undergo great miseries & humiliation as "Suta Putra" & was denied his basic rights & motherly love & I am not doubting on his moral character indeed!But as far as arhery was concerned he was definietly a step behind Arjuna as Arjuna himself was NARA(Arjuna & Lord Krishna was called as NARA NARAYANA)..So nobody in three world could beat him..

So please stop unnecessarily criticising Arjuna everytime on public domain & stop giving sympathy votes to Karna!

Jai Hind..
satsriyakal..

I HAVE MORE TO ADD HERE IN ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

Karna's defeat at Draupadi Swayamvar by Arjuna!

Narrative:

"And incensed at finding the strength and energy of Arjuna's arms unequalled on the earth, Karna, the son of Surya, fought with greater vigour. And parrying all those impetuous arrows shot at him by Arjuna, Karna sent up a loud shout. And this feat of his was applauded by all the warriors. Then addressing his antagonist, Karna said, 'O thou foremost of Brahmanas, I am gratified to observe the energy of thy arms that knoweth no relaxation in battle and thy weapons themselves fit for achieving victory. Art thou the embodiment of the science of weapons, or art thou Rama that best of Brahmanas, or Indra himself, or Indra's younger brother Vishnu called also Achyuta, who for disguising himself hath assumed the form of a Brahmana and mustering such energy of arms fighteth with me? No other person except the husband himself of Sachi or Kiriti, the son of Pandu, is capable of fighting with me when I am angry on the field of battle.' Then hearing those words of his, Phalguna replied, saying, 'O Karna, I am neither the science of arms (personified), nor Rama endued with superhuman powers. I am only a Brahmana who is the foremost of all warriors and all wielders of weapons. By the grace of my preceptor I have become accomplished in the Brahma and the Paurandara weapons. I am here to vanquish thee in battle. Therefore, O hero, wait a little.'

"Vaisampayana continued, 'Thus addressed (by Arjuna), Karna the adopted son of Radha desisted from the fight, for that mighty chariot-fighter thought that Brahma energy is ever invincible."

FINAL KARNA ARJUNA BATTLE(DAY 17 OF MAHABHARATA):(I WANT TO ADD THIS AS I FOUND THE PREVIOUS LINK GIVEN IN MY PREVIOUS POST NOT WORKING)

ACCORDING TO MY ANALYSIS OF THIS TRANSLATION IN THE FINAL BATTLE OF MAHABHARATA,ARJUNA & KARNA ASSAULTED EACH OTHER 35 TIMES WITH NUMEROUS, THOUSANDS & LAKHS OF ARROWS ………8 TIMES THEY NULLIFIED EACH OTHER ARROWS ,12 TIMES BOTH KARNA & ARJUNA PIERCED EACH OTHER BUT THE REMAINING 15 TIMES ARJUNA PIERCED KARNA IN EVERY PART OF HIS BODY & KARNA’S LIMBS,YOKE,STANDARD,STEEDS,CHARIOT WERE RIPPED APART & KARNA WAS LEFT MANGLED BATHED IN BLOOD & KARNA HAD NO ANSWER FOR ARJUNA’S ARROWS!!!!AT THE TIME KARNA'S CHARIOT WHEELS WAS SWALLOWED BY BHOOMI,KARNA HAS SUFFERED A CLEAR DEFEAT!!

A GREAT MISCONCEPTION-Lord krishna always helped Arjuna thats why he was unbeatable.

This is perhabs the most commonly asked query!First let me explain you that Krishna only helped Arjuna physically when Karna launched the Nagastra on Arjuna by causing the chariot to sink inside the earth to avoid the astra but on all other occassions like Virata Yudh where Uttara Kumar son of Virata king was Arjuna's charioteer,& on draupadi swayamvar where karna was defeated by Arjuna & in fight with Gandharvas & all other military battles that Arjuna faught,krishna NEVER helped Arjuna & Arjuna won all other wars by his own might!& let me remind you Karna would have blown to pieces if Arjuna used his Pasupatastra or Brahmasirha astra on karna but he preferred not to do this as it would have caused unimaginable destruction!& Lord was with Arjuna because he was on dharma side & not an adharmi like Karna!

Again I will have to add more information for complete clarification:

(CONTINUING FROM MY PREVIOUS POST):

Incident 6-

Karna alongwith other kaurvas unable to stop arjuna from reaching jayadratha..Arjuna vanquished alone 7 akshohinis of kaurav army out of 11 in 1 day to revenge abhimanyu death!!

Narrative:

"Sanjaya continued, 'Thus urged by
Bhima and Kesava, Savyasachin
prevailing over Drona and Karna,
began to resist the foe all round.
Many foremost of Kshatriyas (among
the Kurus), putting forth all their
prowess, failed to withstand Arjuna
who advanced at the very van of his
troops, and who, like a raging
conflagration, was consuming the
foremost ones among his foes. Then
Duryodhana and Karna, and Sakuni,
the son of Suvala, covered Kunti's
son, Dhananjaya, with showers of
shafts. Baffling the weapons of all
those warriors, that foremost of all
persons well-skilled in weapons, O
monarch, covered them (in return)
with his shafts. Aiming at their
weapons with his (and thus baffling
them all), Arjuna, endued with great
lightness of hand and possessing a
complete control over his senses,
pierced every one of those warriors
with ten keen-pointed shafts.

Incident 7-

Karna again ran from battlefield(3rd time):

"Beholding that fierce and awful battle, the kings, thy sons, and Karna, also exceedingly pained, fled away."

Incident 8-

bravery of karna exposed by ashwathama & kripacharya:

Incident 9-

karna together with entire kaurava generals & forces unable to stop arjuna from slaying jayadratha & Arjuna killed 7 akshouhinis of kaurava force out of 11 in one single day to revenge Abhimanyu's cowardy killing:

Narrative:

"Then Pandavas, O monarch, and the
Panchalas, celebrated for their
prowess, beholding the mighty-
armed Karna, loudly shouted, saying,
'There is Karna,' ' Where is Karna in
this fierce battle.'--' O thou of wicked
understanding, O lowest of men,
fight with us!"

www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m07/m07155.htm

REMAINING MISCONCEPTIONS(CONTINUING FROM MY PREVIOUS POST):

MISCONCEPTION NO-9:Karna was Parshuram student dats why he was the best rather than Arjuna who was dronacharya's student!

Explaination:Dronacharya himself was parshuram's shisya & he was equally well versed in archery as purshuram!
Bhishma even defeat Purshiram in encounter when amba sought help of purshuram to punish Bhishma & Bhishma himself was defeated by Arjuna in Virata Yudh!So making such baseless claim wont make any sense because what Purshuram knows Drona knew the same & the same was imparted to Arjuna!A student ability is judged by his own prowess & dedication & not only by his teacher prowess!Even Indrajeet,the son of Ravana was the student of none other than Lord shiva himself but he too was defeated by Laxman!So I hope you got my point! 

MISCONCEPTION NO-10:Arjuna didnt suffer any human suffering as karna..Arjuna actually lived a lucky life!

Explaination:If losing one's father early, being mistreated by cousins (to the extent that one fears for his life every instant), roaming the forests like a hermit, sharing the "rightfully won" wife with the other brothers,surviving Lakshagriha Fire,living as a eunuch since one refused to let an Apsara seduce him, fighting a war against some of his most loved seniors, losing one's children, losing one's friend and guiding angel & guru, losing ones own grandfather by own hands under krishna pressure and then dying on the way to some pilgrimage can be called a lucky life, then probably yes!!

Karna althogh suffer in his childhood days but leaved a relaxed & peacefull life for the rest of his life under death under Duryodhan patronage & lived rightfully as "Angraaz Karna" & equally participated in all Duryodhan wrongdoings including Draupadi Cheerharan & calling her Prostitute,poisoing bheem in childhood,####burning pandavas alongwith kunti(his own mother & a woman) in Lakshagriha(Dont go by Star Plus factually incorrect Mahabharata & other Shitty Ramanand Sagar & BR chopra Mahabharata versions..read original Mahabharat of Vyas from the links I gave..It clearly states Karna wanted Kunti alongwith all Pandavas to burn alive in Lakshagriha..althogh at that time he was unaware he was kunti's own son but isn't it disgracefull to burn an innocent old age woman alive!!)Karna already full of ego wasted his entire life in adharm & jeolosy & hatred towards Pandavas!

Misconception No 11-Karna promised he wont use Nagastra twice..Had he used it twice,Arjuna would have been slained !

Explaination-The same claim can be said about Arjuna that had Arjuna used the unfailing "Brahmashira Astra" or the irrestible deadly "Pashupata-Astra" (& which are far more powerfull than karna's Nag astra)on karna,karna would have been dead at the spot!Karna used Nag astra but Arjuna neither used his Brahmashira astra nor Pashupata astra on karna!

COMPARISION OF SKILLS OF KARNA & ARJUNA:

-Arjuna was called "Savyasaci" which means Arjuna can use both of his hands in archery & firing arrows..but karna can only use only one of his hands!

-Arjuna practised archery in dark & night without any light after he saw bheem eating food in dark & got the idea from him that if bheem's hands can reach his mouth in dark without any light,then why cant his arrows can hit the target in dark after which Arjuna was widely praised by Drona & Bhishma!Such a feat has never been achieved by karna!

-In the entire mahabharata,there are only 3 names mentioned who knows about forming & breaking chakravyuhu-Dronacharya,Krishna & Arjuna!Nowhere there is a mention of Karna!

-Arjuna was the only Atirarhi who can engage multiple targets simultaneously & can engage & destroy illusionary targets like when Arjuna defeated Panchala King Drupada for guru drona gurudakshina..Karna didnt posses such qualities!