IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

Jayapataka Maharaja’s Miraculous Recovery, Prayers to Krsna Do Work!!

Rate this topic

Jayapataka Maharaja’s Miraculous Recovery, Prayers To Krsna Do Work!!

By now most of you must have heard about the positive health developments of HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja.

As 'Personalists' Krsna always tries to please His devotees just as His devotees try to please Him therefore, Krsna's discission is ALWAYS based on the reciprication with His Devotee, so this is why the prayers to Krsna are so important because it is those prayers that win the favour of Krsna as the 'Nectar of Devotion' teaches.

Krsna is not impersonal as some foolish impersonal 'Swamis. yogis and Sanyasis portray, He does everything for His sincere devotees and NEVER makes a discission alone. Some say everything is in Krsna's hands, yes, that is true, but his discission is never made alone, it is always made in the association of His pure loving selfless devotees and frankly, that discision between Him and His pure devotees is really inconcievable to our small conditioned minds!!

He can even put an elephant through the eye of a needle to please His devotees. Krsna therefore, is always under the control of His pure selfless austere merciful devotees and rewards them accordingly - Sarva

The following is by Bhakti Charu Swami

The other day, just before entering into Jayapataka Maharaja’s room in the Hospital, Kavichandra Maharaja phoned me and asked me if I would like to speak to Maharaja. I was naturally excited and agreed.

Soon Kavi Candra Maharaja phoned me and arranged for me to speak to Jayapataka Maharaja through his speaker phone. I spoke to Maharaja for a few good minutes.

Later on Kavichandra Maharaja told me how Maharaja looked so happy to receive that call. Other devotees present there also gave some very exciting reports on how Maharaja gave visible indications of his appreciation of that phone call.

Upon hearing that I felt that if my phone call can give so much joy to Maharaja, then my personal presence could mean so much more to him and I decided to go to Mumbai immediately.

I came here three days ago. After dropping my luggage at the temple I went straight to the hospital. Maharaja’s condition did not look good at all. He was unconscious and during the one and a half hour that I was there he did not open his eyes even once.

I just stood there by his bed praying to Srila Prabhupada and reading Sri Caitanya Caritamrita with a hope that he may be able to hear.

Yesterday I went to see him at mid-day. One of Maharaja’s disciples who was there with him informed him about my arrival and immediately Maharaja opened his eyes. The devotee told him again that I was there. Maharaja’s eyes opened wider as if trying to see where I was.

Since I was on the other side of the bed, he could not see me. So I walked to the other side of the bed for him to see me. He kept looking at me and opened his mouth trying to say something.

It was painful to see him in that condition. I asked him whether I should read the Caitanya Caritamrita out to him. He nodded his head in approval. I was reading and his eyes were fixed on me wide open.

At one point he lifted his left hand. We felt very excited and informed the nurse and she told us that he had been doing that few a times already and she indicated that it was a very good sign. Soon afterwards the doctor came to check him.

I was wondering whether I should stop reading the Caitanya Caritamrita. The doctor noticed my hesitation and assured me to continue reading. He seemed quite pleased to see the reports on Maharaja’s condition and noted his progress.

I told him how Maharaja was lifting his hand and he asked Maharaja to lift his right hand. Maharaja did. He asked him to lift his left hand and he did that too. Then he asked him if he could lift his legs. His legs, which were covered with a bed sheet, started to move. The doctor was visibly excited to see his progress. He told me that it is a very good sign. All his limbs were working.

I went back to the temple and gave the good news to all the devotees. It seemed that all of a sudden the heavy atmosphere of uncertainty and gloom disappeared and the mood became so joyful. The lady disciples of Jayapataka Maharaja whom I saw crying in the morning their faces lit up with a beautiful smile. Everyone became so hopeful.

I would have written to you all earlier, but I did not because I had a strong feeling that today his condition would improve even further and I would be able to give you greater good news.

Today I went to see him in the morning. Kavichandra Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja, Brajahari Prabhu and I walked to his bed in the Critical Intensive Care area. He opened his eyes when I held his hand and spoke to him.

As I anticipated, his condition seemed to be much better than yesterday. I told him who all were present there. He acknowledged everyone. He was visibly excited to see us all.

He wanted to speak but in that condition it was not possible for him. We started to chant the Maha Mantra and his started to move. I could see that he also started to chant with us.

At one point Kavi Candra Maharaja started to chant quite loudly, Jayapataka Maharaja immediately turned his face to see who was that. It was a clear reflex reaction.

Madhavananda Prabhu, a doctor disciple of Radhanath Maharaja, who also is the doctor in-charge of the Bhakti Vedanta Hospital came and when I informed Maharaja about his arrival he immediately looked at him and recognized him.

Madhavananda Prabhu told him about a dream he had the last night. He saw that Jayapataka Maharaja took off the ventilator himself and started to speak.

When he was told that it could be quite dangerous Maharaja did not pay any heed and continued to speak to the devotees and then started to sing and dance. He was indeed amazed at his improvement and felt that his dream was actually became a reality.

Message from Bhakti Purusottama Maharaja

By now most of you must have heard about the positive health developments of HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja.

Maharaja has become more conscious, is moving his limbs, and attempting to talk.

But my humble request to all devotees around the world is that they kindly do not relax their prayers, chanting, and kirtans on hearing this news. The doctors are giving no medicine, as there is nothing to give and no surgery is possible.

That means the only improvement we see now is due ONLY to the medicine of prayers from the devotees around the world, and the chanting of the holy names.

Every little step towards improvement that Maharaja makes is fully dependent on how seriously devotees are chanting and praying. This is the only way he will recover.

I humbly request all devotees to continue your prayers to the Lord for the recovery of our beloved Guru Maharaja, His Holiness Jayapataka Swami.

Thank you very much.

Your humble servant

Bhakti Purusottama Swami

—————————-

Ratnavali dd: The doctors tried to wean Maharaj from the ventilator for 2 hours today. He is back on the ventilator now. The doctors said it will take its own time.

Maharaj’s consciousness is the same as yesterday.

Please continue to pray intensely. Maharaj remains critical as he is still on the ventilator.

—————————-

HH Jayapataka Maharaj’s status report by Dr Madhavananda das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai

Maharaj’s consciousness in the evening is the same as morning. He is fully conscious and trying to talk.

The other parameters are also stable. Tomorrow the doctors will try to wean Maharaj off the ventilator. Please continue to pray intensely for this to be a success.

—————————-

Bhaktisiddhanta Swami: At 10:45 am Bhakti Caru Swami, Kavicandra Swami, Braja Hari and myself went to see him and GM was awake chanting.

He looked at each of us and Bhakti Caru Swami said, placing his hand on GM’s chest..

”Wow you look great, just look at your fighting spirit… you really had us worried… we need you so much to guide us in service to Srila Prabhupada”

Kavicandra Maharaja said “There are 24 hour kirtans going around the world for you”.

GM was choked up with tears in his eyes and he tried to speak, Bhakti Caru Swami said “Don’t try to exert your self please relax.. And we all chanted Hare Krnsa out loud to calm him. Kavicandra at the foot of the bed yelled out “Gauranga” and then GM had to shift his attention to the end of the bed.

Then BCS asked him would you like to hear from the CC?… how about the chapter Talks between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Caitanya? Gm made a slight affirmation.

During the reading Kavicandra Maharaja was giving him reiki around the leg area and noticed that when the description of Mahaprabhu dancing GM’s right leg gave a small kick. He then was able to feebly lift his left hand over his chest to hold Bhakti Caru Swami’s hand.

For the first time he was moving his head from right to left, up and down to take in all the persons that were there… sometimes he would look over head as we spoke.

Doctor Madhavanada, the director of the Bhaktivedanta hospital arrived and GM recognized him motioning with his left hand and pointing at the ventilator system that is a plastic pipe that goes into his throat.

The doctor said “that we have to keep that in for a while to help you clear the mucus… just some more days. You are doing very very well, we are very happy at your progress”.

Last night the doctor had a dream and he was with GM at his hospital bed and he was pulling the ventilator pipes from his chest saying “I don’t need them any more”.

The DM was amazed to see that he was pointing to the very pipes he pulled out in the dream. Again GM tried to talk and the doctor said you are doing fine in a few days you can write to us.

A large card with the alphabet was brought over and he tried to point to a few letters but it was too strenuous… DM said don’t worry you can do this later”

At the same time the local doctors had arrived and were watching, I think Doctor Ashok, the nuerologist, was there for the first time to see GM active, we were going to clear out but he motioned for us to stay saying” This is the best thing for him now”.

Again we began to chant together and you could see how GM was trying to speak the mahamantra and say Gauranga… One could easily perceive that GM appeared to be restless… wanting to do more… Kavicandra jokingly quipped

“He is probably thinking of an unused plane ticket that he hasn’t used up yet” As we were leaving it was clear that GM, looking at Bhakti Caru Swami, silently formed the words ‘Thank you’.

Out in the hall DM said things are going well, he is stable and his platelets are up to 70,000 in my opinion we should not move him until he is completely off the ventilator. Two days ago I saw him and today I am amazed to see this. Kavicandra added “I could really see he has taking the reiki… I have not seen him like this since he arrived”

In conclusion… a strong indication has been made: This is such good news but we are still in the critical stage… all of the prayers and yajnas are being felt, and now we have to only increase and not let up. Kavicandra mentioned(because today is Ekadasi) that if everyone in the movement did nirjala just think how powerful that could be? Krsna is reciprocating with the desires of his devotees… this is the most important cure. Now we have a lot of work to do to try to bring GM back to 100%… please please please continue….

Best wishes Your servant Bhaktisiddhanta Swami

—————————-

Bhakti Purusottama Swami: At present Maharaja is showing less signs of consciousness and not responding to doctors orders. The doctors say this doesn’t mean there’s less hope, but it is difficult to give a prognosis of how long he will remain this way.

At present there is no treatment going on for the the brain hemorrhage. The doctors are simply trying to keep his blood pressure, blood sugar, and platelet count stable.

Now devotees are reading Srila Prabhupada books Maharaja throughout the day and night, 24 hours.

The doctors will observe Maharaja’s condition for the next four days; after that time it will be reviewed and a decision made as to the next step.

We request every one to continue with their intense prayers .

Thank you very much.

Your humble servant

Bhakti Purusottama Swami

—————————-

Bhaktisiddhanta Swami visited Jayapataka Maharaja and wrote the following note:

When I saw Maharaja in the morning around 11am and again at 7:00pm he was sleeping, some coughing clearing of mucus etc, and I was a little sad to not see so much of a continuation from the previous day, however in leaving the hospital one doctor alleviated my lamentations about the fact that Maharaja’s external condition has been pretty much unchanged for the last 15 days. He said that there have been some cases where patients have even been in this state for 3 to 6 months or even up to a year… and they suddenly snap out of it with no memory of the time involved and recover 100%.

Of course we are not insinuating that it will take a long time for GM to recover from this state but my point is that we should not be disheartened at the apparent slow progress and that we has crossed a point of no return.

The doctors are optimistic of a recovery.

Bhanu Swami has also indicated that astrologically after Nov 14th… this is a period that GM should come out of his present condition.

—————————-

Devakinandan Das: Hare Krsna Kavicandra Maharaj,

Please accept my dandavats at your lotus feet! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I have been reading the regular updates on the transcendental progress of H. H Jayapataka Swami Mahraj in Mumbai. I wanted to inform you Maharaj that devotees have daily been offering Nrsimha kavacas in Singapore.

For the public programmes, we have been chanting one round of japa together and 1 round of the kavaca together.

We have had 4 special japa sessions (once every week). We are all praying for Maharaj’s recovery.

Personally, Maharaj’s present state reminded me very much of my Guru Maharaj’s condition 8-9 years ago and I wanted to share it with you Maharaj because it gives me great faith in the Lord.

Guru Maharaj was diagnosed with brain stem bleeding and infarction to the left side of the brain. There were at least 2 major areas of bleeding in the brain and an embolism in the left lung. Doctors were not hopeful because of his age and the very nature of the medical condition. He also could not move his limbs.

They told me that even if he regains consciousness, he would either live and become a vegetable or he would not make it. The 13 hours of flight to London was the most tortuous I had ever taken because I had no idea what to expect when I arrived in London.

When I did, and rushed into the hospital, I found Guru Maharaj putting up both his hands high above his head and saying “Haribol”. Yet skeptical doctors cautioned me not to be very pleased as the bleeding was still there, but they could not explain how Maharaj was conscious despite the bleeding. It confounded them totally.

In the next 72 critical hours, Maharaj got the small team of us disciples to daily do mangal arati at his bedside - and continuously chant Srimad Bhagavatam and particularly Narayana Kavaca from 6th Canto.

Midway through the week, a 2nd embolism began to form in Maharaj’s lung, and the doctors got worried that this would spell trouble.

Guru Maharaj’s purity got him through that to. He told us that we should never underestimate the power of devotional service - the process Srila Prabhupada has given us is complete and pure - we just have to sincerely follow it and Krsna will always protect us.

He also told me that Krsna sends 2 kinds of diseases - the 1st can be cured when we try. The

2nd no matter how we try cannot be cured - that means the only cure to that disease is death.

Guru Mahraj suffered very much, from my material vision. The pain and numbness alternately tortured his old body, but I realised that he was transcendental to pain.

That is why Maharaj I am very hopeful of Jayapataka Mahraj’s recovery.

Just wanted to share this with you Maharaj.

Your servant Devakinandan Das

Although Maharaja is not able to speak but it is quite clear that he is fully conscious and he is also able to move his hands and legs which is a clear indication that there is no major brain damage or possibility of paralysis. Once again we are seeing how Krsna protects His devotees and makes impossible possible.

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Bhakti Charu Swami

As the Supreme Personality of Godhead (the personification of Personalism), Krsna always tries to please His PURE devotees, just as His dear humble prideless devotees try to please Him.

Therefore, Krsna's discission is ALWAYS based on the reciprication with His dedicated sincere non-materialistic Devotees.

So this is why the prayers to Krsna are so important from those truely aspiring to unconditionally serve Krsna's PURE devotees because it is those prayers that win the favour of Krsna as the 'Nectar of Devotion' teaches.

Krsna is not impersonal as some foolish impersonal 'Swamis. yogis and Sanyasis portray, He does everything for His sincere devotees and NEVER makes a discission alone.

Some say everything is in Krsna's hands, yes, that is true, but his discission is never made alone, it is always made in the association of His pure loving selfless devotees and frankly, that discision between Him and His devotees is really inconcievable to our small conditioned minds!!

He can even put an elephant through the eye of a needle to please His devotees. Krsna therefore, is always under the control of His pure selfless austere merciful devotees and rewards them accordingly