IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
DeviBhakt

Devi Maiyya Ke Dhaar

Rate this topic

Hello everyone i am new to this forum and i am a hindu living in california. My parents are originally from Fiji Islands, and 2 generations back are from varanasi/india. I have been studying guyanese culture alot lately nd it seems that guyanese and fiji culture is the same as we are all from the same area of india and all were brought from india as indentured servants. Some of us may even be long lost relatives!

Well I am a bhakt of devi maa. as she is my spiritual mother and my lineage is of brahmin caste, i have also been had my janeu/gurmukh pooja or initiation done.

So my grandparents did alot of pooja and i am trying to keep up with the tradition. One tradition i remember my grandmother performing is Devi Mata Ke dhaar.

I would like to get some info on how to make dhaar and what is the proper procedure so that i can offer this to my divine mother during the upcoming navratam.

What i am told is as follows please let me know if this is correct/incorrect. Thanks you very much.

JAI MAHA KALI MAI KE!

One bucket/lota of water

mix equal portions of haldi/sugar/kapoor

also mix in 9 pairs of lawang

couple pieces of Dhoop/durwa grass

and also mix red flower petals.

pour onto the dirt and pray maha devi ma for anything u wish.

IS THIS CORRECT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANKS.

JAI SIA RAM

Hello everyone i am new to this forum and i am a hindu living in california. My parents are originally from Fiji Islands, and 2 generations back are from varanasi/india. I have been studying guyanese culture alot lately nd it seems that guyanese and fiji culture is the same as we are all from the same area of india and all were brought from india as indentured servants. Some of us may even be long lost relatives!

Well I am a bhakt of devi maa. as she is my spiritual mother and my lineage is of brahmin caste, i have also been had my janeu/gurmukh pooja or initiation done.

So my grandparents did alot of pooja and i am trying to keep up with the tradition. One tradition i remember my grandmother performing is Devi Mata Ke dhaar.

I would like to get some info on how to make dhaar and what is the proper procedure so that i can offer this to my divine mother during the upcoming navratam.

What i am told is as follows please let me know if this is correct/incorrect. Thanks you very much.

JAI MAHA KALI MAI KE!

One bucket/lota of water

mix equal portions of haldi/sugar/kapoor

also mix in 9 pairs of lawang

couple pieces of Dhoop/durwa grass

and also mix red flower petals.

pour onto the dirt and pray maha devi ma for anything u wish.

IS THIS CORRECT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANKS.

JAI SIA RAM

yes you can use it.

but i use

milk,water or coconut water

mixed with sindoor,hardi,clove,nutmeg,champor,neem leaf,coin,flower.

make a triangle in the dirt and offer dhar in it.

hello. jai mataji.

i am very interested in this little ritual you have mentioned.

i have never heard of it before and never seen it done before either. could someone please help me out by answering some of my questions...

what is a 'dhar'/what does it mean?

is it done for any particular goddess?

can anyone do it?

where must the water be poured? and do you pour out all of the contents as well like the coin, and leave it there?

are there any mantras/recital material that must be said with this ritual?

what are the benefits of this ritual?

i apologise for being so inquisitive but i am really interested in this and would like to do it for the nine days of navratri.

also could you recommend any special rituals i could do for the upcoming nine nights of the goddess?

thankyou.

hello. jai mataji.

i am very interested in this little ritual you have mentioned.

i have never heard of it before and never seen it done before either. could someone please help me out by answering some of my questions...

what is a 'dhar'/what does it mean?

is it done for any particular goddess?

can anyone do it?

where must the water be poured? and do you pour out all of the contents as well like the coin, and leave it there?

are there any mantras/recital material that must be said with this ritual?

what are the benefits of this ritual?

i apologise for being so inquisitive but i am really interested in this and would like to do it for the nine days of navratri.

also could you recommend any special rituals i could do for the upcoming nine nights of the goddess?

thankyou.

dhar is the offering of either water,milk or coconut water.with other items, to the goddess or god.

it is done for all gods or goddess but for each god or goddess the items which are mixed in the milk or waters might be different.but the items i mentioned is for any goddess.

the dhar can be poured on the earth or on a lingam(shiva stone),including the coin.

the benefits are watever good thingsa you want.

any mantra can be used it depends on the god or goddess you offering to for example if you offer it for durga your mantra will be om dum durga namah,for shiva it could be om namah shivaya.

for navratri you can offer

dhar,do jaap,offer havan,read durga saptashati.