IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
eshwaar101

what does it mean

Rate this topic

from the little knowledge i have, i know that dreams are a reflection of your mind, i know this from observing my own thoughts and comparing to them to dreams i have had. but what does it mean when u have dreams about the different gods and goddeses and perfoming different rituals and going to different temples, i have noticed over the last 3 yrs theese dreams have becoming more frequent and more clearer, before my dreams werent so clear at first but now its a different story......what do theese dreams mean? i know that to have a vision of god is somthin very difficult to achieve, and u woud think a dream would be no different, but with the amount that i have had make me wonder if this is somthin wrong of somthin good...........any insight please

Dreaming can be like a release valve for the sub-conscious.

During certain times in our lives, for example times of change, or times of stress, or times of importance...the dreaming may appear more profound. One example may be that we can have conscious dreaming, where we become aware in the dream. Some of these dream states we can actively choose how we act in the dreams.

In my opinion there is no dis-order with your dreaming. It may infact, on a sub-conscious level, maintain a certain harmony.

If you are dreaming about God alot, it may be on a sub-conscious level and conscious level, you are contemplating meaning of life. If we have had a religious background or upbringing...we may tend to move toward God as the source of meaning.

As we become more aware of our mind, dreams may be interpreted to some degree, or hold certain meaning for us on a very personal level.

Dreaming can be like a release valve for the sub-conscious.

During certain times in our lives, for example times of change, or times of stress, or times of importance...the dreaming may appear more profound. One example may be that we can have conscious dreaming, where we become aware in the dream. Some of these dream states we can actively choose how we act in the dreams.

In my opinion there is no dis-order with your dreaming. It may infact on a sub-conscious level maintain a certain harmony.

If you are dreaming about God alot, it may be on a sub-conscious level and conscious level you are contemplating meaning of life. If we have had a religious background or upbringing...we may tend to move toward God as the source of meaning.

As we become more aware of our mind, dreams may be interpreted to some degree, or hold certain meaning for us on a very personal level.

what u said about councious dreaming is true im very much aware in my dreams and i can make different chooices in my dreams, but sometime i get freaked out and i have to try and wake myself up. what is the cause of this counciesness, it has only been occuring in the last three years that i could recall

Here is my experience with dreams. I became more aware in the dreams as I began to know myself, as a human being, on deeper levels. At that time and onward a deeper sense of self was developing. A more healthy, well founded ego.

I would say it is a positive sign in the development of a healthy psyche. We may be integrating our experiences on deeper levels. Sometimes such integration may appear difficult. But in the long term the human organism and inbuilt intelligence, simply yearns for self-actualization.

Integration is very healthy for the psyche. Infact the psyche works on levels that we may not even be self-aware of. Integration is healthy for several reasons, one reason being self-acceptance. Freedom of integrity etc.

What I find most interesting with the psyche is that 'breaking' brings forth new potentials of wholeness.

In regards to healthy ego, Bhagavad Gita is an excellent treatise.

Here is my experience with dreams. I became more aware in the dreams as I began to know myself, as a human being, on deeper levels. At that time and onward a deeper sense of self was developing. A more healthy, well founded ego.

I would say it is a positive sign in the development of a healthy psyche. We may be integrating our experiences on deeper levels. Sometimes such integration may appear difficult. But in the long term the human organism and inbuilt intelligence, simply yearns for self-actualization.

Integration is very healthy for the psyche. Infact the psyche works on levels that we may not even be self-aware of. Integration is healthy for several reasons, one reason being self-acceptance. Freedom of integrity etc.

What I find most interesting with the psyche is that 'breaking' brings forth new potentials of wholeness.

In regards to healthy ego, Bhagavad Gita is an excellent treatise.

is there any exersice is could perfom to help enhance my psyche, would reading the gita help along the way, not that i dont read it already, i swear by the teachings of the gita, it has answered so many questions, that i couldnt find anywhere else.....as a matter of fact when i think about it i think this all reall started to happen when i began to read the gita, though i cant rememeber.......

The first step in self-realization is to realize we are not the body/mind. Consciousness is a hint of what we really are. So cultivating a spiritual mind and spiritual body is a very healthy approach. There is a process involved that I discovered in my daily life.

Through development of such a culture, we then not only see our-self uniquely from a spiritual perspective, but we also begin to see outside of our-self a spiritual reality.

There are various processes mentioned in the Gita. For example letting go of desire for results of action (performing our duties selflessly), which brings peace of mind. Cultivating knowledge which brings greater vision. Meditation which brings stillness of mind, so that we can begin to see more clearly.

And at the kernel of all practice is devotion (bhakti). Devotion can be practiced in very small and simple ways. Making one's life a sacred act, a sacred state of being. For example we may go shopping for food, in a grateful spirit, bringing the simple food home and cooking for God. Making a simple offering and prayer as we offer the food. Then feeling within when the Lord has finished eating. We can then partake of the nectarean remnants with joy.

Personally when I bathe I realize that all water is flowing from a sacred source. Being conscious of the feeling of that water, which reflects the essence of God's purity and taste.

We can begin to see within nature a living intelligence, even when we prepare vegetables we can begin to see a divine order. In the structure and the wonder of each unique vegetable. Have you ever noticed a lettuce or celery becomes sweeter the closer we get to the centre.

So infact we can gradually begin a cultivation of our day to day actions being God conscious, and enthralled. This gratitude of heart can be offered as an act of devotion to God, within the silence of our being.

And the greatest sacrifice - Krsna says in Gita 'I am the jaap of the Holy Names', 'I am the sacred syllable Om'.

Nityananda! Gauranga! Hare Krsna!