IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
princegoutham

Maha Vishnu Worshipped MahaDev Lord Shiva -The Most Supreme,Loved and Auspicious GOD

Rate this topic

Yes my Dear friends

Om Nama Shivya

Maha Vishnu prayed to Dev Adi Dev MahaDev Lord Shiva and was Blessed with Sudarshana Chakra which Lord Shiva himself gave Him Seeing His Devotion towards Him

Lord Vishnu once brought 1000 lotuses and was placing them Lord shivji Divine feet;

After placing 999 flowers he found that one was missing; he plucked

out one of his own eyes and offered it as a lotus;

Pleased by his Devotion Lord shiva gave Sudarshana Chakra when Vishnu

prayed to Shiva for all powerful weapon that would destroy all forces of evil with which Hari protects the three worlds

The chakra comprises 10 million spikes in two rows.One row of spikes moving in the opposite direction to give it a serrated edge.

From the Verses

hariste sahasram kamalabalimadhaya padayor

yadekone tasmin nijamudaharannetrakamalam

gato bhaktyudrekah parinatimasau cakravapusha

trayanam rakshayai tripurahara jagarti jagatam

0 Destroyer of the three cities, Hari rooted out His own lotus-eye to make up the difference when one flower was missing in His offering of 1,000 lotuses to Your feet. For this great devotion You awarded the discus (Sudarshan Chakra) ~ with which Hari protects the three worlds. (19)<O></O><O></O>

<O></O>

<O>HAR HAR MAHA DEV</O>

Gods and Super Humans who received Favours and Blessings of lord shiva

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Lord shiva grants Draupadi her desired wish

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

When Sage Vyasa visits the family, he explains to Draupadi that her unique position as the wife of five brothers results from a certain incident in her previous birth. She had in that lifetime prayed to Lord Shiva to grant her a husband with five desired qualities. Lord Shiva, pleased with her devotion, tells her that it is very difficult to get a husband with all five qualities that she desired. But she sticks to her ground and asks for the same. Then Lord Shiva grants her wish saying that she would get the same in her next birth. Hence she gets married to five brothers each who represents a given quality.

Lord Krishna's advice to Arjuna <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

After hearing about the Pandav's exile, Krishna goes to visit them. He advises the Pandavs to prepare for war and tells Arjun to do penance to obtain divine weapons. Arjun does penance and eventually pleases Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva bestows him with the divine Pasupata weapon and advises him to obtain other weapons in Indralok. Rishi Duruvasa visits Hastinapur. In an attempt to humiliate the Pandavs, Duryodhan requests that the sage visit tha Pandavs as well. Rishi Duruvasa promises to do so

why the lingam is believed to be one of the most potent emblems in Hindu ideals.

It all started with Brahma and Vishnu, who were arguing over their relative supremacy. Their vain arguments were interrupted by a superluminous glow from a strange and blazing pillar, its shape reminiscent of the linga. Both of them sped towards this indescribable flaming light, which grew before their eyes into infinity, piercing the earth and extending through the heavens. Overwhelmed and terrified by the unfathomable vision, the two gods decided to seek the beginning and end of this burning immensity. Brahma taking the form of a swan flew upwards, and Vishnu dove down acquiring the shape of a boar. Both of the gods however, could not fathom the extent of this fiery column at either end, and returned exhausted and bewildered to the level they had started from. At that moment, the central part of the pillar split open and Shiva revealed himself in his full glory. Overawed, both Brahma and Vishnu bowed before him. Thunderous laughter, or the sound of AUM, issued from the pillar, filling the sky.

Brahma's head was Ripped off By lord shiva

once, Brahma and Vishnu were discussing who was the supreme god and then when they came to know from Veda that Shiva is the supreme being, Brahma ignored and spoke bad about Shiva. He got angry and cut off Brahma's head that spoke ill of him, leaving Brahma with four heads instead of five.Shiva is the creator of Dance and of the first 16 rythemic syllabus ever uttered, the Sanskrit language was born. Dance of anger is known as Tandav Nritya, joy as Ananda nritya. Thus, Shiva is also known as Natraja, lord of dance and it is said that on 13th day of each bright lunar fortnight of Hindu calendar, after 6 in the evening, falls a sacred hour called Pradosha and if you worship this time than one gets powers of Universe. It is believed that all Gods gather to witness the dance of Natraja, Shiva.There are around 30 million Linga in temples in India, famous one formed of Ice at Amarnath, Somnath in Gujarat and it is said Shiva sleeps in all Lingas in Chaturmasya and so if one worships the Shivlinga this time, than it is very auspicious. Going for Pilgrimage to all 12 Jyotirlinga means one washes away the sins of last seven births and also reciting the mantras purifies the soul and can attain peacefulness

This Shiva is God Stuff is Bogus.

Lord Shiva is the Brother of the Kumaras & Narada etc.

When Lord Brahma passes away --so will all pass away by merging back into MAhaVisnu's Breathing.

The Hiarchy of the Descendants of Lord Brahma Maha-pita-ma [Great Grand Father] of the Celestial "Demi-gods" is known.

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

Shiva & Brahma are Jiva-atmas.

Visnu is a 'plenary expansion' of God in the Material Worlds.

But don't let me dissuade you from pursuing your passion.

Your evident devotion will bring you to the service of Mahesh's other more-seasoned servants in due time.

Since Lord Shiva is a Vaishnava without equal then we must invoke his protection from maya & her illusory spells and her servants too.

Lord Vishnu worshipped Lord Shiva when He was in the form of Rama. Lord Shiva worshipped Lord Vishnu when He was in the form of Hanuman. They worship each other. This whole argument of, "My Dad is better than Your Dad!" is silly. What are we, in kindergarten?

Krishna in Vraja-vrindavana is a kid in a transcendental kinder-garten! Yah?

Anyway there is only one father! It's the same father.

But someone insists on being an orphan who needs special attention.

If there is absolutely one father then he has his own absolute traits.

Polytheism is too much to campaign for during this era of Islamic terrorism.

We are in war time. Such mundane historical pastimes are repugnant, but that is after the fact.

We have a sales man on a mission chiming in with atonal song and dance while the Chorus is practicing.

Anyway why can't we be aggressive with out crying and going home.

Rugby and Football are smash'em up sport--it's all par for the course.

Just keep trying harder, with more and more conclusive discussion, especially when challenged. No?

####################################################3

Attached is a partially shown Family Tree of the Bhagavatam --Starting with Lord Brahma's First children, up to Bhrgu his wife and sister-in-laws and some grandkids [it is still in the Prototype stage, so it is not the best quality for presentation]

New and improved --yet still unfinished:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1753&d=1216250987

Bhaktajan, Rudra is an incarnation of Lord Shiva. He is Lord Shiva in His wrathful form, as son of Brahma.

It's like how Lord Narayana took the form of Lord Rama and was the son of Kausalya. That doesn't mean that Lord Narayana didn't exist before His birth to Kausalya, it just means He took the form of Ram, son of Kausalya. Similarly, Lord Shiva took the form of Rudra, son of Brahma.

Your 'family tree' proves nothing.

Prove What?

What is there to prove?

You see who's who--that's all!

I give you nectar and beauty--and you say "proves nothing".

I don't see what point your making.

And you ain't helping understand what you want me to infer from you.

There is a family tree and Grandpa is in charge.

PSSSSSS: Grandpa is Brahmaji. Plaese don't conflate your, maybe, disfunctional family up-bringing with the Hiarchy of the 'First family'.

Prove What?

What is there to prove?

You see who's who--that's all!

I give you nectar and beauty--and you say "proves nothing".

I don't see what point your making.

And you ain't helping understand what you want me to infer from you.

There is a family tree and Grandpa is in charge.

PSSSSSS: Grandpa is Brahmaji. Plaese don't conflate your, maybe, disfunctional family up-bringing with the Hiarchy of the 'First family'.

Your family tree proves nothing because it doesn't prove that Shivaji didn't exist as a purely spiritual entity before His incarnation as Rudra through Brahma (uh... duh? That's what I said...). I guess you didn't read my original post at all?

Regarding your statement:

". . . it doesn't prove that Shivaji didn't exist as a purely spiritual entity before His incarnation as Rudra through Brahma . . ."

I miss-spoke yet I was correct

Or,

You spoke correctly yet you miss-spoke.

1) The souls of the Devas (ie: Shiva) are born from Lord Brahma & merged into the waters of devastation during the night of Brahma!

Yet,

2) [via other verses not include herein] The souls of the Devas (ie: Shiva) may be liberated personalities re-incarnating [within the Material world] to serve as Mahajans, Devas, etc, pursuant to assisting in the supervision of the material machinery of the universe and/or to engage in the entourage of Vishnu's avataras—when they at long last show up.

NOTE: Both the above items are addressed in the explaination below by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami.

—————————————————————

Iso 14 P:

. . . The duration of life varies according to species. Lord Brahmä, the chief living being within this material universe, lives for millions and millions of years, while a minute germ lives for some hours only.

But no one in the material world can survive eternally. Things are born or created under certain conditions, they stay for some time, and, if they continue to live, they grow, procreate, gradually dwindle and finally vanish.

According to these laws, even the Brahmäs, of which there are millions in different universes, are all liable to death either today or tomorrow. Therefore the entire material universe is called Martyaloka, the place of death.

. . . Those living beings who reside on higher planets like the sun and the moon, as well as those on Martyaloka, this earth planet, and also those who live on lower planets—all are merged into the waters of devastation during the night of Brahmä.

During this time no living beings or species remain manifest, although spiritually they continue to exist. This unmanifested stage is called avyakta.

Again, when the entire universe is vanquished at the end of Brahmä’s lifetime, there is another avyakta state. But beyond these two unmanifested states is another unmanifested state, the spiritual atmosphere, or nature.

There are a great number of spiritual planets in this atmosphere, and these planets exist eternally, even when all the planets within this material universe are vanquished at the end of Brahmä’s life.

. . . On the material planets, everyone from Brahmä down to the ant is trying to lord it over material nature, and this is the material disease. As long as this material disease continues, the living entity has to undergo the process of bodily change.

Whether he takes the form of a man, demigod or animal, he ultimately has to endure an unmanifested condition during the two devastations—the devastation during the night of Brahmä and the devastation at the end of Brahmä’s life. . . .

———————————————————————

———————————————————————

———————————————————————

PS:

1—I have found the sources of Radha birth —and I will post it on the other thread.

2—RE: Sarasvati-devi's [bharati, Wife of Lord Brahma] mentioned in the Bhagavatam [i had a miss-print] see: (SB 4.15.16, 3.12.27, 3.12.49, 3.12.52, 3.12.57, & 6.18.30)

3—I still have to find the root source of the word "Bhakti/Bhakta"

I don't believe in Prabhupada's philosophy, so he isn't shastra for me. Your quote from Prabhupada isn't cutting it. Sorry.

1. So, now you think that Radha is less than God? Less than the Ultimate Reality? Even your teacher stresses devotion to Her!

2. How does this...:

Lord Brahma presented King Prithu with a protective garment made of spiritual knowledge. Bharati, the wife of Brahma, gave him a transcendental necklace. Lord Vishnu presented him with a Sudarshan chakra, and Lord Vishnu's wife, the goddess of fortune, gave him imperishable opulences.

--Bhagavata Purana 4.15.16

...prove that Saraswati is a demigoddess? Sri Lakshmi Devi Ma and Sri Narayana are also mentioned in this verse, so are they demigods, too?

So, does this include Radha and Krishna?:

Sage Kardama, husband of the great Devahuti, was manifested from the shadow of Brahma. Thus all became manifested from either the body or the mind of Brahma.

--Bhagavata Purana 3.12.27

If not, then how can you prove it is also not talking about Saraswati?

Again, how is this proving that Saraswati Ma is a demigoddess?:

Thereafter Brahma accepted another body, in which sex life was not forbidden, and thus he engaged himself in the matter of further creation.

--Bhagavata Purana 3.12.49

And, how exactly does this prove that Saraswati is a demigoddess?:

While he was thus absorbed in contemplation and was observing the supernatural power, two other forms were generated from his body. They are still celebrated as the body of Brahma.

--Bhagavata Purana 3.12.52

Prabhupada, who is your teacher, just says they are the bodies of the first man and first woman... he doesn't even name them, and neither does the scripture.

Where does this verse even mention Saraswati?:

The father, Manu, handed over his first daughter, Akuti, to the sage Ruci, the middle daughter, Devahuti, to the sage Kardama, and the youngest, Prashuti, to Daksha. From them, all the world filled with population.

--Bhagavata Purana 3.12.57

Saraswati doesn't even live on earth. She lives in Brahma-Loka.

Once again, no mention of Saraswati/Bharati:

In the beginning of creation, Lord Brahma, the father of the living entities of the universe, saw that all the living entities were unattached. To increase population, he then created woman from the better half of man's body, for woman's behavior carries away a man's mind.

--Bhagavata Purana 6.18.30

3. Bhakti means [religious] devotion. Religious devotion (bhakti) can be expressed to any deity. Someone who chooses devotion as their way of unification with God is a Bhakta, regardless of whether they are Shakta, Shaiva, or Vaishnava.

Srila Prabhupadai's writings are not considered to be authoritive Shastra, like the vedas and puranas. His writings are only interpretations. But even Srila Prabhupada accepts the Puranas as authoritive works, often quoting from the padma purana and the brahmavaivarta purana to support his arguments. If you would study these two puranas, you will find that there are two classes of people mentioned who are not considered vaishnavas. Not even by Vishnu himself. These are first, the person who regards Shiva and Krishna as different and second, the person who regards Radha and Krishna as different.

Not only are they disregarded as vaishnavas, it is also mentioned that their right are the hellish planets after death. Shiva is Vishnnu, and Vishnu is Shiva. Radha is Krishna, Krishna is Radha. If you cannot accept this, you are only pretending to be a vaishnava. Study the Puranas thoroughly and you will see that the ISCKON philosophy has no foundation in the Hindu Shastras. Bhaktajan, Bhakti is like a ripe fruit. You have heard about it, you have talked about it, you have seen it, you have smelled it, but I promise you, Bhaktajan, you have not tasted it, not yet.

Bhaktajan, I hope you are capable to think about this and maybe even curious to do some research and study the puranas independant of Srila Prabhupada Ji's interruptions. Followers of an Acharya might be stubborn and never change in opinion and belief. But their children and grandchildren will not understand these stupid quarrels between devotees and therfore convert from Sanatana Dharma to other religions. "Allah is the supreme and only God, no debate." and "Jesus is our saviour, no fighting about that." They will regard Hinduism as obscure, only because they were deprived from the essence of it.

The Sanatan Dharm has such a beatifull and rich philosophy. But these acharyas in Kali Yuga mislead their disciples and tell them not to read the puranas. They'll tell you it will only confuse you. They want to keep you in the dark. I will only say this. If your intellect is small, you will get confused. Yasya Svayam Nasti Pragya, Tasya Shastra karoti kim? But if you are intelligent enough, you should atleast read the Markandeya Purana, the Bhagavat Purana, the Vishnu Purana, the Shiva Purana and any other Maha Purana by your choice. Read them in their original language if possible, or read an uncoloured translation. Then you can make up your mind about Shiva and Vishnu, not before. Not without knowledge.

AUM namo bhagavate rudraya vishnave mrityor me pahi.

Thank you men, or whatever it may be.

After so much proof, for your pleasure,

all I ask is to put both your thumbs up,

I'll grant you leave.

I do not work for interpol, so you may stay calm.

I know that President George Bush's Father and Grand-Parentage are New England Brahmins and landed grentry--with the magnanimus benevolence to

see to the future welfare of those escaping tyranny.

America's Generals and Intelligencia have long ago thought that Demonic foes & tyrants were last beatened in past wars.

If you want graciousness then you will be graced with it exceedingly fine.

Just see. You have passed my test each step of my examination.

I like cowboys. You ain't no cowboys, Right?

Pasya tat dvi mudhau, Dik!

iti mudhasyam puj.

I ain't going anywhere.

-------

You shan't be anyones' disciple, Right?

Na na naaa na,

Na na naaa na,

Hey heyyy Good-Bye

Na na naaa na,

Na na naaa na,

Hey heyyy Good-Bye

Say hello to Dharma Ji.

Guest RUDRA

This Shiva is God Stuff is Bogus.

Lord Shiva is the Brother of the Kumaras & Narada etc.

When Lord Brahma passes away --so will all pass away by merging back into MAhaVisnu's Breathing.

The Hiarchy of the Descendants of Lord Brahma Maha-pita-ma [Great Grand Father] of the Celestial "Demi-gods" is known.

Shiva is Brahma's Son.

Shiva & Brahma are Jiva-atmas.

Visnu is a 'plenary expansion' of God in the Material Worlds.

But don't let me dissuade you from pursuing your passion.

Your evident devotion will bring you to the service of Mahesh's other more-seasoned servants in due time.

Since Lord Shiva is a Vaishnava without equal then we must invoke his protection from maya & her illusory spells and her servants too.

my dear freind,

1) lord shiva is not son of brahma or vishnu

he is nirguna which means trigunas are within him

so shiva is the supreme lord

and shiva is not a viashnava

today modern cosmologists say that the primodule form is a perfect ellipsoid

this we called a linga

and that's why lord shiva is worshipped in form of linga

2)lord shiva was never born and he will never pass away

proof for this is lord shiva is called sada shiva

which means he is always shiva

first of all the worad "shiva"means "that which is not"

he is beyond every thing

he is the fundamental part of creation

from him duality came into existence

so people called shiva as ardhanaarishwara

Guest Aditya

Lord shiva is called mahakaal, so this means all devas etc. Whole creation will get dissolved into him at the day of mahapralaya....!!!