IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Every sect of Christianity a perversion of its essence to accomodate prejudices..

Rate this topic

"Almost every sect of Christianity is a perversion of its essence, to

accomodate it to the prejudices of the world."

William Hazlitt, English essayist. The Round Table, "On the Causes of

Methodism" (1817).

------------------------------

What has happened to the KRSNA Cociousness Movement's pure essence of the founder/acarya? Has it fallen down to the prejudices of 'modernity'?:confused:

Methodism" (1817).

What has happened to the KRSNA Cociousness Movement's pure essence of the founder/acarya? Has it fallen down to the prejudices of 'modernity'?:confused:

Denominationalism is an American phenomenon which orginated from its Revivalist roots.

"Pure devotional service in Krsna Consciousness cannot be had even by pious activities in hundreds and thousands of lives. It can be attained only by paying one price...that is, intense greed to obtain it. If it is available somewhere, one must purchase it without delay."

- Padyavali 14, CC Madhya 8.70

-------

Pay the price for the highest commodity.:smash: Do you have the moola (mantra)? Pure Holy Name?:pray:

"Pure devotional service in Krsna Consciousness cannot be had even by pious activities in hundreds and thousands of lives. It can be attained only by paying one price...that is, intense greed to obtain it. If it is available somewhere, one must purchase it without delay."

- Padyavali 14, CC Madhya 8.70

-------

Pay the price for the highest commodity.:smash: Do you have the moola (mantra)? Pure Holy Name?:pray:

I thought the Holy Name was the gift of Caitanya Mahaprabhu to the fallen people of the Kali-yuga? What is the price to pay for it if it is a gift literally from the Lord? You must be talking about those spiritual organizations that charge money to get a mantra or something.

Methodism" (1817).

I'll give the fellow some credit, at least he can recognize that Christianity does have a divine essence to it and essentially what he says in that quote is true.

As far as what happened to the Krsna Consciousness Movement I do not know but in some sense it seems to me that it was doomed from the get go because Krishna is essentially competing against himself in the Kali-yuga. On one hand Krishna wants to reintroduce Brahmanism and raise everyone to the platform of goodness and beyond but if he is too successful in this then it seems the Kali-yuga will come to an end and the Kalki-avatar will become unnecessary and then Srimad Bhagavatam will become null and void. I suppose it is possible there could be some sort of golden age within the Kali-yuga and maybe the Krishna Consciousness Movement will become a viable force in civilization for that time period and then decay again who knows. In my opinion the only real hope for the Krishna Consciousness Movement to become a dominant force in America is if Tiger Woods started chanting Hare Krishna or something because he is about the only person with enough influence on our civilization to make a impact large enough to influence the social body as a whole and with the Kali-yuga being what it is that might not even do the job.