IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

Krsna embracing His beloved devotee on his return from the material world

Rate this topic

Krsna embracing His beloved devotee on his (the devotee) return from the Material world

Krishnaembrassingreturneddevotee.jpg?t=1213565376

Krsna embracing His beloved devotee, to the surprise of the devotee, who has absolutely no memory of even leaving Krsnaloka, on the devotees return from the material world

In Brhad Bhagavatamrta by Sanatan Gosvami, it is written that once, as Krishna and the cows were returning from the Vrndavana forest at the end of the day, a boy had just attained spiritual emancipation and entered Vrndavana as a cowherd boy [sakhya rasa]. Seeing His long lost servant, Krishna embraced him and both of them fainted in ecstasy.

All of Krishna's other cowherd friends were astounded, thinking,

"What is this? Krishna has lost His senses by embracing this newcomer! How is it possible?"

Then, as all of the cowherd boys looked on astonished, Balarama came to Krishna's relief and somehow managed to rouse Him.

Then Krishna addressed His friend with great affection:

"Why did you stay away?

Why have you been living away from home for so long?

How was it possible for you?

How could you bear My separation?

You left Me, and you have been passing lives after lives without Me? Still, I know what trouble you took to return to Me. You searched for Me everywhere, and went to beg from house to house, and you were chastised by many, ridiculed by many, and you shed tears for Me. I know all these things. I was with you. And now, after great trouble, you have again come back to Me."