IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
budhabee

Hinduism on Visions

Rate this topic

I have not been able to find a place to answer this question without a lot of making fun of and insinuations of koo koo city. This may not be the place to ask it here but I have to keep trying. It concerns visions. Not the kind you think you saw but what was actually before you. There have to be many people out there that are having them. I would like to hear some. I have had 5 so I know they actually exist and I do not make fun of someone who says they have had a vision. My problem is no one has ever told me about having a vision. Where does Hinduism stand on this and how can I meet other people who have had visions? Also my visions are not Hindu related but are spiritual just the same. Plus there must be millions if not more out there who have had them. Perhaps they are afraid of being made fun of. Once again where does Hinduism stand on visions.

I cannot comment about visions in relation to hinduism.

Some cultures have many phenomena which is normal for them. I was reading recently about one South American tribe who has color energy visions (a type of synesthesia). When they hear their sacred flute for example they all see visions of the same colors before their eyes.

Unfortunately in our western culture people who have visions are often labelled pathological. Jesus had visions, Muhammad had visions, St John of the Cross, Theresa of Avila...and several modern day mystic saints. But if many of these personalities presented such visionary experiences in our culture today they would be classed as psychotic. Which is ironic because these personalities were infact founders or modern religious thought.

It is interesting as to what we class as psychotic culturally today. For example a nation can go to war and thousands can be killed and this is considered normal. But when a person in that same culture has a visionary experience, which can potentially bring her to a deeper sense of self and unity with the cosmos, she is labelled sick!

Because of our current cultural limitations many who have experienced 'non-ordinary states of consciousness' may not talk about it. Some may not even discuss with close family who do not understand. I guess, how can we expect them to know if they have not experienced non-ordinary states themselves. If we can find people to share and talk with we are fortunate (they are about).

I have had visions since I was five years old (my earliest memory) and for most of my adult life. Often these visions have come at times when I am feeling close to Oneness with Nature, or God (as I knew it at the time). As I have matured over the years I have come to slowly understand the spiritual substance and meaning of my non-ordinary states of consciousness. Which are 'moving me to a state of wholeness' in awareness.

These days I exist in a so called 'non-ordinary state' constantly, which is normal for me! I see energy visions mainly. As I undertsand it my spiritual growth and movement toward wholeness and unity will continue to develop as I grow older. I am 38 years old presently. The movement toward wholeness and unity is deeply spiritual. Spirituality hopefully oneday will be accepted as a foundational part of the psyche!

Some of us have been pathologized by societies we live in. So I feel it is important to be able to formulate into words well what we experience. A sane person can explain his non-ordinary conscious states...a mad person just speaks mumble jumble. That is the defining difference.

I hope this helps for you.

Here is a very good book that has helped me greatly.

Transpersonal Vision - by Stanislav Grof - click here

The book is an audio book - you can listen to a sample on the webpage.

Even in forums like this one, most do not understand. Some new age people on the internet do, but personally I find new age a bit wishy washy and not deep enough in substance. People like Stanislav Grof are far from air-head and wishy washy philosophy. Very well researched stuff...it has taken many years for his transpersonal views to be accepted by mainstream doctors. Recent movements in quantum science has convinced many of Stan Grofs substantiality.

He discusses many cultures, including shamanism etc. This stuff may point you in a direction where you will not be perceived as koo koo.

I have not been able to find a place to answer this question without a lot of making fun of and insinuations of koo koo city. This may not be the place to ask it here but I have to keep trying. It concerns visions. Not the kind you think you saw but what was actually before you. There have to be many people out there that are having them. I would like to hear some. I have had 5 so I know they actually exist and I do not make fun of someone who says they have had a vision. My problem is no one has ever told me about having a vision. Where does Hinduism stand on this and how can I meet other people who have had visions? Also my visions are not Hindu related but are spiritual just the same. Plus there must be millions if not more out there who have had them. Perhaps they are afraid of being made fun of. Once again where does Hinduism stand on visions.
Visions are the same as dejavu and are reoccurring to any of sentience but often they are put aside as false or illogical.

TO be able to see and define what you see even if the definition is later in time; write them down. Be very descriptive and retain absolute integrity to what was seem rather than what you wish.

This is a gift of childlike eyes as when each were children we each could see many things until the blinders of ignorance begin to develop.

In a physical sense; it is entangled energy. Meaning what you are seeing is of the energy entangled to the period, place or person within the existence (god) of all things.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-entangle/

or

In physics, nonlocality is a direct influence of one object on another, distant object, in violation of principle of locality. In classical physics, nonlocality in the form of action at a distance appeared in corpuscular theories and later disappeared in field theories. Action at a distance is incompatible with relativity. In quantum physics nonlocality re-appeared in the form of entanglement. Physical reality of entanglement has been demonstrated experimentally

So no need to let anyone ever think you are crazy. It is that you are not ruined with complacency

Or conditioned by a rationalistic external based education system as a child, bishadi:).

You are correct, as adults some of us continued the growth of childhood ability, without the system stifling it. We are simply now more matured in our abilities.

Or conditioned by a rationalistic external based education system as a child, bishadi:).

You are correct, as adults some of us continued the growth of childhood ability, without the system stifling it. We are simply now more matured in our abilities.

And where the true crishna conscious can be realized in when the physical truths of reality can be understood within the minds of the children.

Such that to comprehend the visions as you had mentioned with words to combine the comprehension is 'crishna conscious;' Understanding!

Wow. All of you are extremely intelligent. Thank you for your thoughts on this phenomenon. It is a difficult one for me as I have had no one to relate to with it. Yet I know there are millions out there that have them. I will look into this Grof fellow's books. My goodness they are expensive. :eek3: Once again thank you for the information.

Wow. All of you are extremely intelligent. Thank you for your thoughts on this phenomenon. It is a difficult one for me as I have had no one to relate to with it. Yet I know there are millions out there that have them. I will look into this Grof fellow's books. My goodness they are expensive. :eek3: Once again thank you for the information.

You cannot have a vision about something that you have not known before. So visions do not come from outside, they have a basis in your memory. I cannot get a vision of a 1000 year old Chinese saint just as a chinese man cannot get a vision of Shiva or Krishna.

Cheers

Yup I believe that for sure. I would never have a vision of an elephant either I dont think. (animal visions) My first one was of a white buffalo. An animal that I had at least some knowledge of. My second one was of First horse and Second horse, both were colored white. My third one was of Jesus. Understandable. Of the seven Ive had so far all have been of a familiar venue. So I agree. Still I would like to hear some hindu visions and what the visioneer thought they meant. :smash: Hey out there. Nobody?