IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

The Science of Self Realization?

Rate this topic

The thing I most like about the science of self realization is that I have always thought that I wasn't my physical body for some reason and that is easy to figure out if you really analyze it and Hinduism seems to be the only religion that really expresses this completely whereas most Christians do not seem to get this concept. Pretty much everything else about Hinduism seems to me that you have to accept pretty much on faith like the Lord appearing as different animals and stuff like that unless you happen to witness that kind of thing first hand.

The thing I most like about the science of self realization is that I have always thought that I wasn't my physical body for some reason and that is easy to figure out if you really analyze it and Hinduism seems to be the only religion that really expresses this completely whereas most Christians do not seem to get this concept. Pretty much everything else about Hinduism seems to me that you have to accept pretty much on faith like the Lord appearing as different animals and stuff like that unless you happen to witness that kind of thing first hand.

This realization is the beginning of God realization. How can we claim to be God realized if we haven't realized the nature of our self yet?

I believe it far more valuable to use logic to help someone understand aham brahmasmi then to try and convince them the Lord came as a gigantic boar and rescued the earth from the ocean that fills half the universe with his tusks.

First the self then the Superself and then one can talk of various incarnations and pastimes etc. This is my view anyway.

This realization is the beginning of God realization. How can we claim to be God realized if we haven't realized the nature of our self yet?
Beautiful.

I believe it far more valuable to use logic to help someone understand aham brahmasmi then to try and convince them the Lord came as a gigantic boar and rescued the earth from the ocean that fills half the universe with his tusks.

First the self then the Superself and then one can talk of various incarnations and pastimes etc. This is my view anyway.

So the true premise of Understanding is reality.