IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rishi_L

Lokas & Talas

Rate this topic

Is Bhuloka, commonly known as the ‘earthly realm’, referring to this entire physical universe that’s contactable by the five senses of our physical bodies? Does Bhuloka thus include everything observed through our modern telescopes? I’m asking this because I’m currently under the impression that the Vedic conception of the ‘earth’ element (out of the five elements in general) is a metaphor for matter in a solid state (and is therefore not referring simply to this particular planet, which is confusingly also called ‘Earth’).

Therefore, as far as the 7 talas are concerned, I assume that they’re not all just physical realms which exist below our feet (although I still believe that Earth is definitely hollow and there ARE puranic statements that support this belief of mine). After all, the Vedic literature does supposedly mention 64 dimensions of existence. The 7 talas could be realms that are lower-dimensional and/or higher-dimensional in comparison to Bhuloka. They could exist at different rates of vibration. This could be what’s meant by ‘below Bhuloka’, that the 7 talas are NOT ‘below Bhuloka’ in terms of any kind of ‘surface’, but are ‘below Bhuloka’ in terms of their vibratory rates. Perhaps providing support for this theory is the claim made by South American shamans that, after ingesting certain hallucinogenic/psychoactive substances, they are allegedly able to gain access to an ‘underworld’. Intriguingly, the Sanskrit word ‘tala’ literally means ‘abyss’ or ‘chasm’. What does everyone here think? Is my understanding of Bhuloka and the 7 talas accurate?