IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
CCC

Here is the only place where I found about worshipping Lord Ganesh in SP Books

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna devotees. All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Here I foud this in the nectar of devotion, is the first time that I heard it from Srila Prabhupada:

One should begin the worship of the demigod Gaṇapati, who drives away all impediments in the execution of devotional service. In the Brahma-saḿhitā it is stated that Gaṇapati worships the lotus feet of Lord Nṛsiḿhadeva and in that way has become auspicious for the devotees in clearing out all impediments. Therefore, all devotees should worship Gaṇapati.

I like what Srila Prabhupada is saying but what about the past acharyas?

In early 1976 I was a pujari to the Deities at Melbourne Temple, I used to dress Balarama Subadra and Jaganath and and Sri Sri Radha Ballabah. At 9.30 I would go down to Spiritual Sky incense and clothing factory where Urgrashava managed, we had a diety of Ganesh and every morning we had poojah offerings to Ganesha.

This went on for months however, when Srila Prabhupada found out, he abruptly ended our worship of Ganesha saying that we are aspiring Vaishnava's and we worship Radha Krishna, Lord Caitanya and Balarama Subadra and Jaganath, we worship the source of Ganasha's and Luxmi's s'akti, who is Lord Krishna. Then Prabhupada quoted the Gita where it says only the less intelligent worship the demigods because they want material gain

In early 1976 I was a pujari to the Deities at Melbourne Temple, I used to dress Balarama Subadra and Jaganath and and Sri Sri Radha Ballabah. At 9.30 I would go down to Spiritual Sky incense and clothing factory where Urgrashava managed, we had a diety of Ganesh and every morning we had poojah offerings to Ganesha.

This went on for months however, when Srila Prabhupada found out, he abruptly ended our worship of Ganesha saying that we are aspiring Vaishnava's and we worship Radha Krishna, Lord Caitanya and Balarama Subadra and Jaganath, we worship the source of Ganasha's and Luxmi's s'akti, who is Lord Krishna. Then Prabhupada quoted the Gita where it says only the less intelligent worship the demigods because they want material gain

Thanks, yes I understand but please read carefully the paragraph above. SP is talking about worshipping Ganesh not for material gain but as a spiritual help. Less intelligent person worship Ganesh for material things but a devote starting his spiritual life, Lord Ganesh is like a Guru, an important link between Lord Krsna and us, because he is empowered for removing all impediments in spiritual life.

So in this point of view I see no fault worshiping Ganesh and begging him: Lord Ganesh please help me in my spiritual life and make all auspicious for developing my service to Lord Krsna......

But if a vaishnava worship Lord Ganesh for material gain and or because He thinks that He is independent of Lord Krsna or above Him, in this case He is less intelligent and his worship will be pointless for his spiritual life